Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“Okay and if it isn’t as soft as you think it will be I’m getting you a mask with a hole for your mouth and tongue.” She laughed and rubbed his back.

She rolled her eyes. “Yes you get to try cake. After we pick flowers. So you have to be a good boy for me.” She teased and gave him a kiss before they left.

Their wedding planner called and let them know she was already at the florist. Stephanie met them outside with hugs and kisses on the cheek. She pulled out the wedding binder and did a quick show of what they had already and the list of flowers that Biltmore grew in their garden. That was especially needed today.

Adri looked at the arrangements they had done in the past but she wanted something bigger and grander. They were getting married at a castle. She needed the best. “Red roses and babies breath for the ceremony and then the centerpieces for the reception should have the flowers that Biltmore had in their garden.” She told Jake so he knew what he was looking at when he saw the flowers.

They were all fake for now but they would be really flowers on the day of. They had a few examples for them of the roses for the ceremony and then a few more for the reception and they had sketches.

“I like this Jake. I like the way they look. I don’t like the boxes. Maybe glass vases at the same height. Or probably shorter. I want everyone to see us. ” She told him but him find something too if he wanted too.

“If you did that you could go with a bouquet like this. These have that pop of sparkle with Swarovski crystals.” The florist told her and showed her.

“Jake and I also wanted a flower wall where people could take selfies and Jake and I would get pictures but in front of it as well. I know I said red rose wall Boo but how about white with our initials in red?” She asked. “I think that will contrast better to what else we have going on outside.” She said.

These are perfect for indoors. We still have that red but it’s bringing the outside in as well with the flowers from the garden.” Adri smiled and looked at Jake. She knew he didn’t care about flowers but it was nice to have input.

He gave her a look then nipped her bottom lip. "Now I want you to sit on my face...way to go." He told her before smacking butt. "No baby...it's happening tonight."

When they started looking at everything, Jake felt a little overwhelmed. Adri had great ideas. "So the front where we are getting married...I like the rose arch way. But what about a white curtain thing like this instead of red?"

"What about we use black table clothes or grey too to have the red flowers pop." He suggested and shrugged.

He thought about it a second. "I'm not sure if the two styles will fit. But baby you're fancy and totally Vegas. I'm rustic and totally Denver. Can we tie in a rustic looks somewhere with the flowers by the seats? Like have them on those thin wood logs and have the fancy vase on those and have our initials and date carved into them. Or...log vases?"

“I do think a white curtain will look better than a red one. That looks more inviting and the flowers don’t blend in as much.” She said.

“I think black since that’s our wedding colors. I just don’t want roses absolutely everywhere inside the venue.” She listened to his suggestion of brings rustic into the castle. She bit her lips together and wondered how they could make that work. “I don’t know if that works well with what we have going on.” She said. “If you can find a log vase that matches the castle kind of glam theme we have going on we can try it out. If we did that we would be adding another theme to the wedding. We can try to make log vases work but I am not going to have mason jars in my wedding decor. But! I will accept mason jars if they contain moonshine and I mean the good stuff. I want apple pie, strawberry lemonade, I’m sure there are other delicious flavors of moonshine. We can make that happen.” She said and rubbed his back. If you can’t find a log vase maybe a nice birchwood coaster to put the flowers on would be nice.” She said. “And we can get the coasters engraved.” She gave his cheek a kiss and went to look at more flowers.

“How about this?” She asked. “Red and white on a black table cloth. I think that will look nice.”

Last edited:
Jake thought about it and he knew it could be too much with the added rustic theme. "I understand. I don't want to do too much." He told her. "What about everyone get's a mason jar to use the entire evening? We could have them look classy with our initials and the date." He suggested and shrugged. "What do you mean by a log case baby?" He asked her not sure what she meant.

"I do like that. I like the square vase. I like the colors too. I do like that." He gave a nod and kept looking around. "Even if you get bigger square vases with a wood coaster, I'd be okay with that."

"You are the fashion and creative one. I don't know what fits and what doesn't. I just know what you like and what I like and am trying to figure out how to merge the two." He smiled and shrugged. "But I like that."

“Mason jars the entire evening?” She thought about it and shrugged her shoulder. “I don’t know Boo. We are getting married in a castle. You don’t carry around mason jars when you’re walking around a Castle. You know?” She asked. “I do think moon shine parting gifts would be fun though. We can get them engraved with our names and the date. It will be nice.” She told him and kissed his cheek.

“Let’s do the wooden coasters then. With a glass vase full of flowers. Not too tall though. I want everyone to be able to see the people across from them.” There were other details she had to work out with the florist and the wedding planner that were quickly take care of. When that was over, Adri and Jake were able to go to the cake tasting and their planner took over the payment.

She got in the car and put in the address for the cake shop. “You’re favorite part. I can’t wait to try their lemon. Apparently it is to die for. I love a lemon cake.” She smiled. “What about you? What’s your favorite cake?” She asked.

Jake thought about it. She had a point. "Alright. Fine. What about...wooden mugs. They did use wood mugs back in the day of castles, especially Renaissance times. We could get our names engraved on those. That has my wood country feel to them too...a good win win for us both. And moonshine." He gave her a wink.

"We could have them be tall enough to where the top of the flowers would be to the back of the chairs." He offered.

His face lit up. "This part, I won't suck at. If I do one thing right it will be picking the cake for our wedding. I like strawberry and marble. Owen liked the strawberry at Amy and Luke's wedding. We may have to get some strawberry just for him." He told her as he drove to the cake shop, his hand on Adri's leg. "How many flavors are we trying?"

“Babe!” Her eyes went wide and she smiled. “Fucking Boo! Steins. We can do steins!” She laughed and clapped her hands. “Babe that’s like the perfect way to bring my German roots into the wedding and it’s rustic. We can get really nice steins and instead of our initials we get them engraved with the guests names and they cane take them home along with the moonshine which come in mason jars and we can have those have our initials and wedding date on them. It’s perfect.” She smiled. “You like it?” She asked.

She laughed, “I love Owen but he is not getting a strawberry cake all to himself.” She smiled at Jake. “But strawberry and lemon do go well together. I think I am going to make signature drink a strawberry lemonade vodka mix. Yum.” She smiled.

“We are trying every flavor they have. They are little cupcakes and we get to pick which one we want. They have a big variety. I couldn’t help but to ask for it all and we can always take home the left over.”

"Wooden ones? Wooden steins?" He asked with a hesitant smile. "I was thinking just the wedding party gets their names on them. That would be a lot to get every guest's name on them. Plus we don't know dates names and stuff." He told her.

He laughed and shook his head. "Not to himself but I also like strawberry. I'm thinking he'd like the strawberry. He isn't as big of a fan of chocolate or white." He chuckled. "No the kid doesn't need a whole cake to himself. That booger has to share for sure." He gave a nod. "That sounds good actually. A strawberry lemonade. They could get it with whiskey or vodka to be honest. I'm not sure on my signature drink yet. I have time to think."

"Wow babe. I didn't work out today. I'm going to need to work out." He teased. When they arrived he got out and opened her door for her. Once inside Jake was in aw. It smelled and looked amazing. "Babe where do we start?"

“We can do some really nice wooden steins.” She told him. “You are right with just the wedding party getting their names on it. That would be easier. We can get some really nice metal ones for us and the wedding party.” She added. “I think that would be really nice.” She smiled.

“He really wasn’t. I don’t think he likes sugar. Honestly. He doesn’t eat enough to enjoy it. And I would love to keep it that way.” She smiled. “I do know they have strawberry so we can try it out for him.” She grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. “We can go drink tasting next!” She raises her eyebrows. “We are going to need two days for that type of tasting.” She laughed.

“We worked out!” She laughed. “We can work out some more when we get back.” She winked. She grabbed her hand and walked in with him.

The baker came out from the back and said hi. She seemed nervous at first but when she walked them through the cake flavors she seemed to get better.

“Let’s start with vanilla and work our way up.” Adri smiled. They were both given tiny tasting forks and they would share the cupcakes.

"I like that idea. Maybe we can find a place in Germany that makes them to get ours made special." He suggested. "Or would that cost a fortune?" He asked Adri with a smile.

He smiled when she mentioned keeping it so Owen doesn't have too much sugar. "I'm not used to all the sugar we will eat. I hope I don't get sick. I'll have to do small bites."

"You know what I mean about the working out. But I am totally for us working out when we get back. We can work out all night if you want." He nipped her neck playfully.

He could tell the worker seemed nervous and he assumed it was because of who they were. "If you were picking what's your top...three or five." He asked her.

“The only place I will get them is Germany. The metal ones we get for the bridal party will be pricey I am sure but the wooden ones won’t be too bad. They are really nice keep sales. I’m sure we can find a place in Germany that will do that.” She told him. She wasn’t worried about the price because they had it covered.

The baker thought about it for a moment, “I am a fan of our red velvet, our banana nut and our white chocolate raspberry. White chocolate raspberry is actually our most requested wedding cake flavor.” She told Jake.

“That sounds delicious.” Adri said and looked over the cupcakes. “You want to start with that?” She asked Jake.

“We are going to have a lot of guests so I really want a big cake. You know? So I’m not opposed to have multiple flavors on the different tiers. I would also like to have enough for the staff after the wedding and I would like another cake for the Biltmore staff exclusively for everything they have done for us.” She said. “This should be the easiest part. I’m going to hit you with the tough questions when we get to designing.” She laughed.

Jake knew she had her wedding stash so money wasn't a question for her. She wanted her dream wedding and he wanted her happy so he was fine with it. "Alright cool. What do we get on the steins?" He asked her.

He couldn't do red velvet but the other two sounded amazing. "I want to try all of those but the red velvet. I hate red velvet. It's like you love it or hate it right?" He chuckled.

"Sure baby. We can start with those." He told Adri and grabbed his fork. "Let's do this!" He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

"This is going to be a huge ass cake babe." He laughed. "Well I'm down with it though so if we like a lot of flavors we don't have to pick only a couple. We could half and half too if they are rectangle cakes. Let's just try the strawberry too but we can get strawberry to make the boy happy. Our favorite we decide has to be the one we cut for each other. Also we should get that flavor for the top to freeze for our one year anniversary." He smiled. "Oh I'm helping design it? Ohhh okay..."

He tried the first couple flavors and marked it on his flavor score card.

“I don’t like red velvet either.” Adri laughed. “My brother made or tried to make red velvet cake pops once and gave every one in the family food poisoning. Haven’t eaten it since.” She said. “I used to love it. I just can’t enjoy it anymore.”

The baker put the banana nut in front of them and they each took a bite. It had a cream cheese frosting it. Adri nodded her head. “I love it. That’s great. That’s on my yes list.” She said and looked at Jake. “You like? I wonder if Owen would like it.” She said softly and went in for a second bite.

“I know! But we have like a hundred fifty maybe two hundred guests coming. We need a lot of cake.” She smiled at Jake, “We could make the top layer strawberry.” She said. “That way in a year we have a strawberry cake to cut into.” She gave him a soft kiss. “Oh! And if you smash cake in my face after we cut it and go in for the feeding each other thing I will kill you.” She rubbed his back. “Don’t do it.”

She wasn’t a big fan of the white chocolate that came next. Her favorite was the lemon with the same cream cheese frosting. And they got to try the strawberry cake.

"How do you get food poisoning from cake?!" He laughed. "Which brother? I need to give him crap." He kept laughing.

Jake stole another bite before nodding with a smile. "I like it a lot. I like the cream cheese frosting too. Yep. That's a yes."

"I'm not altering my cake for our anniversary so our son gets some. Our son won't be there. It's our anniversary. Mommy and daddy get alone time for our anniversary." He told her and kissed her back. "I would never do that." He leaned close to her to whisper in her ear. "Can I drop it down your cleavage and go after it?" He grinned at her and shrugged.

He wasn't doing flips for the lemon but it was okay. The strawberry was good. He liked it. When they got to the marble was the best Jake ever had of the marble. "Oh my...baby...ohhh." He pointed to the marble. "I want a big piece of this." He stole another bite. There was a vanilla bean which was a fun twist on the vanilla and then a pink champagne.

“Freaking Aidan. And I don’t know. It probably wasn’t cooked all the way. We all thought we were going to die. Dad was the only one that wasn’t sick because he didn’t eat. We never trusted Aidan’s cooking again and he switched from the love of baking the love of music. Thank god too.” She laughed.

“Or not. Okay. Then we need to find a flavor we both agree on for the top layer.” She laughed. “I guess we need a lemon cupcake and a marble cupcake to go.” She said. “These are declious.”

Once they went through the tasting they had to get down to designing. They wouldn’t know how many flavors they needed to pick until they had the wedding cake planned out. Adri knew she wanted tall and extravagant and she expressed that to the baker over the phone so she could get some sketches done.

“So these are the first two that I have come up with. I didn’t know if you would want real flowers or not so I drew one with real flowers and one with sugar flowers which that cake entirely edible.

“Damn I like them both. I’m afraid that the white might be too white. At least if we do real flowers we can have them be the same as the flower arrangements.” She said softly and looked at Jake.

He laughed. "Your dad is a smart man but it sucked because I could see him being the one taking care of everyone. And you're a baby when you're sick." He smiled and kissed her shoulder.

"You told me our son didn't need a whole cake for himself." He told her and stuck his tongue out at her. "We should do marble. It's a blend just like us." He smiled at his own cheesiness but it was right.

Jake looked at the sketches and looked at Adri. "I like them both too to be honest. But I get what you're saying. But if you like the white one maybe they could add fake ones to it that tie to our flowers?" He suggested. "But I'm more worried about eating the cake...not looking at it. Do you want round or square cake?"

“I am not a baby and I don’t think I have been sick around you. So hush. Now you’re a baby when you’re sick. You just want to be held and I swear your a baby step away from me having to bottle feed you to sleep.” She teased.

She rolled her eyes hard at his marble joke. “I think we should do lemon.” She told him and finished the lemon cupcake.

“I really like this one. If we could do red sugar flowers that would be nice. There is something about this one that is grand and glam and it will fit with the castle and everything. I love it. And if we pick this then we need to go with how many flavors?” She asked.

“That is nine pieces so up to nineteen flavors. Which is everything I laid in front of you minus two flavors. I would just need to know what flavor you are cutting into and what flavor your top cake will be.” She told them.

“You want to do marble?” She asked. “I did like the marble. We could do that for both.” She offered.

He rolled his eyes with a smile. "That's a bad thing to want my fiance to hold me when I feel sick. At least I don't whine and cry about it. It could be worse." He told her and rolled his eyes again. "Whatever you don't have to bottle feed me. Jerk." He shook his head with a sigh.

He sighed. "Fine...lemon it is. I still think the marble idea is cool. But that's fine." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

Jake liked that one so he was fine with it. "Okay. That works." He said about getting the one she liked with the red flowers.

He looked at her and shook his head. "Let's do marble for that day and lemon for the top." He told her. "Compromise." He smiled proudly. "Nineteen flavors of cake for our wedding? Wow. I would want to be invited just for the cake." He chuckled. "Our son is going to go around wanting bites of everyones cake. I see it now." He smiled.

“I love you.” She said and kissed his cheek. “I won’t bottle feed. Spoon food maybe. Owen would help too. But the little goober would probably eat most of it himself.” She laughed.

So they had a cake design and now they just needed to figure out flavors. “I can agree to cutting into marble at the wedding and lemon on our anniversary.” She smiled.

“You want to make this simple and say every flavor except for red velvet?” She asked and rubbed his thigh. “And vanilla. We don’t need vanilla when we have so many other adventurous flavors.” She told him. “Unless you have another flavor you want to cut out. Do you want to take something home? We can take marble back to the hotel.” She offered.

"He would too. Jerk. I wouldn't want you to feed me unless we are sharing something." He told her and rolled his eyes and nudged her playfully.

He looked at her. "You sure? We can still have lemon too so you can still eat lemon at the wedding too."

Jake agreed to everything but red velvet and vanilla. "How many people does that cake feed? I may have a couple pieces." He smiled. "Yes. Can we? Can we get marble. I'll share. You are so good to me and know me so well." He gave her a quick peck.

"What do we have after this? Anything?"

“Oh I’m totally eating the lemon on our wedding day. We can cut into marble though.” She smiled.

“This cake will feed everyone at the wedding and more. About five hundred people.” She told them.

Adri’s Eyes went wide but it made sense. “Our guests, the staff, security. It will be fine. And people can take some home if they at or we can donate the extra.” She assured Jake.

“We aren’t doing anything after this. Is there something you wanted to do?” She asked.

"Okay. Sounds like a deal to me." He smiled and kissed her softly.

Jake's eyes went a bit wide too. "Five hundred. Wow. Okay. I'd rather there be plenty. And you know some people will have more than one piece. Maybe I want to take some home." He chuckled.

"Actually...yes...there is. It's kind of on the way. In a round about way." He chuckled and as they got up he thanked the worker and made sure they had everything they needed in order. They then went out to the car and he opened the door for Adri and then they were soon on their way. Jake drove an extra half hour out of the way. "Now don't get upset...we are just going to check out a few things for the wedding. If it's not what you want you can tell me and it's okay. Don't feel obligated to pick one of these okay? Unless it's what you want."

They drove onto a big property with the house down a long path. He parked outside the house. A man came out with a jacket on and didn't seem to be freezing like Adri was. When Jake got out he smiled and walked over and shook his hand. "Hi. You must be Mr. Daniels." The man said as Jake shook his hand, "I'm Charles Wright." He shook Adri's hand next, "You must be the bride. Well right this way." He walked them over to the garage and opened the walk in door to about six classic cars. Jake's draw dropped. But there they were...two Rolls Royces. One was a 1925 Phantom and 1931 Phantom Convertible. He looked at Adri for her reaction.

“We will have plenty and we have to remember that the top layer isn’t going to be eaten so that cuts some servings out.” She told him. “It’s okay. We are good. We need a lot of food to feed everyone anyways.” She smiled.

She raised her eyebrows when he said he had some planning he wanted. She was interested in what he had to plan so she went along with it. “You better not be taking me to a boutique to look for a wedding dress.” She teased and held his hand. She gave it a squeeze and enjoyed being surrounded by trees. “This is a really pretty state.” she said softly.

When they got to the barn she frowned but didn’t say anything. She smiled and shook his hand. “I am the bride and I think I know what we are looking for.” She wrapped her arm around Jake and watched the man open his garage and show off his collection.

“Wow. These are gorgeous!” She told him and walked to the 1925 rolls Royce. She opened the door and gushed at the inside. “Babe could you imagine rolling out of our wedding in this beautiful masterpiece?” She asked. “It matches our colors. It’s so pretty!”

"I agree. This is a really pretty state. It still gets cold but not as cold as Denver unless you're in the mountains. I do want to come back when it's spring to see the place though." He smiled. "Maybe next time we bring O and make it a family thing." He suggested.

He watched her walk to the car and smiled to himself. "You are so adorable." He chuckled and gave a nod. "Yes. I can. And taking photos with it. He even said he'd allow you...and you only to sit on the hood to capture a photos and to kiss you."

The man smiled and let her check the car out. "My only requirement if you drive her too far that I drive her. Now if you're just driving around Biltmore, I told Jake he could drive her. Now if you head back to the hotel, I drive her, due to insurance purposes. I can start her up if you want me to and feel free to go in and look around."

"Is she the one?" Jake asked her.

She smiled at the car and gave Jake her purse so she could sit in the drivers seat. She rubbed the steering wheel and smiled at Jake, “I look good right?!” She looked around the inside and carefully got out of the car. She took her bag back and smiled at the owner, “It’s a gorgeous car. I love it. If you can’t tell. I love it.” She laughed.

“Can we go for a ride?” She asked and looked at the owner and then Jake. “She’s so pretty. We can’t just not take her for a ride.” She said. The owner could drive her. She wanted to sit in the back seat and feel like a rich woman.

“I think she’s the one. I mean the other one is just as beautiful but look at those sleek lines. She looks beautiful. She matches our wedding colors.” She clapped her hands. “The only problem I see is the fact that we are staying at the Biltmore. Where would we drive? Other than the pictures when would we need her? We need a place to drive after the reception to go and have a moment to ourselves. But where?” She asked.

Back
Top Bottom