Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"What about our guests? Do we want the guys in red or black ties for the wedding party?" He thought about it. "Should I go black shirt then too? Black shirt...white, silver or red suspenders?" He was changing everything but the beauty was...they had time to.

He shook his head with a mouthful of food. "Nope. You do not have to like it. We can also cut her off at the bar...which is not a bad idea." Jake told her. "Let's just hope she breaks up with him before then."

Jake listened as he ate. "Then you won't be happy baby. I say it's time to move on. Don't just do it for the money. Money isn't a problem right now. Do what makes you happy. I don't want you bored and miserable. Happy wife is a happy life right? Work contributes to what makes you happy." He told her and kissed her. "I love you. I love you doing VS but...if time... it's time."

“It’s one or the other. I think I want the guests in all black that way everyone of importance is wearing red or silver or whatever other color. I do love the way you look in all lack though so I don’t know Boo. And it’s like if the guests are in all black then the groomsmen won’t get the chance to stand out as much as the bridesmaids.” She shrugged her shoulder. “You do look super bad ass when you’re in all black though.”

She nodded her head, “that’s really not a bad idea. That’s a great idea. Okay. We can do that. We can have a limit to how much she can drink.” She smiled.

She smiled at him, “I love you too. I guess we will figure it out later. I have until summer to decide. But I’m just not feeling it right now. I kind of want to go to school. I have a couple of college credits to my name. I can finish it out. Make my parents proud. Start my business.” She shrugged her shoulder.

Jake thought about it. "What if the guys do black shirts. Red ties and red suspenders. I can do all black or black shirt. Silver tie or white depending what you pick and matching suspenders. Maybe the girls could wear black dresses and red shoes or silver to stand out." He shrugged. "Just a thought."

He smiled and just kept nodding. "We should give her tickets and she has to turn in a ticket for a drink. Then when she's out...no drinks." He laughed. "I do want an open bar with specialty drinks being stuff we both like or are big where we are from."

He took another bite and then a couple chips. "I will support you going to school. I'm proud of you with or without that degree but you want your own business so go for it baby." He smiled at her. "Maybe that's smart to with the wedding coming up so you're not too stressed. I know we have a planner but I know you and your wedding is huge. It has to be perfect."

She nodded her head, “Black suits and red ties for the guys and then black dresses with red shoes for the girls. They’ll both have red roses somewhere on them. I think it will work Boo.” She smiled. “And I would love to see you in all black. With a silver tie or when I get my dress I can have a tie color matched and you can wear that.” She offered.

She laughed as she bit into her burrito. “Definitely.” She said with a full mouth. She finished showing before she answered again, “we have to have an open bar. You can create a drink, I will create a drink and then we can have a drink that is a reflection of us together.” She smiled.

She could go back to school. Finish that and then start her business. She didn’t really need a degree but it would be nice to have. They had a nanny when Adri wanted to go to class she could have Emma come over and watch Owen while Jake worked out. It could work. “Maybe I will Boo.” She said softly.

Jake nodded trying to picture it. "Yeah. I like that. I want a tie that matches your dress. If it's custom made maybe it's exactly the same fabric." He shrugged. "Definitely matching your dress. Well we have that figured out." Jake smiled proudly.

"I'm going to have to start thinking now of what I want. Hmmm. It's going to be fall right? Maybe we should have regular fall drinks too. Like cider." He shrugged. "My signature drink is going to be with Jack Daniels Honey. A Honey Lemonade. It has my Jack but guys or girls could drink it." He smiled.

He smiled at her. "Alright. Again, I support anything you do. I'm right by you baby."

As Jake watched her, he couldn't help but think about how attractive she was. "Do you know how sexy you are right now? I'm half tempted to break in this rental car." He chuckled. "We do have a bucket list to keep adding to."

Sounds good to me. You get a tie that matches the fabric of my dress and you will be in all black. Everyone will be in all black.” She smiled. “Now I’m having second thoughts about the guests being in all black though. I just want the wedding party to stand out. The guests can wear whatever. The wedding party wears black.” She said. “For sure.” She finished with a smile.

“I don’t know what kind of drink I would want. I have to look up some ideas. We are getting married in fall. It might be nice to have something warm. A mulled wine or something. I don’t know. I’ll figure it out.”

She laughed and leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek. “I don’t know if I trust rental cars and in the car would have to be at night somewhere we can’t get caught. The last thing I need is an arrest record.” She laughed.

"I think it would look alright but whatever you're thinking I'm cool with. You have the creative eye. Sometimes I have good ideas but you have the real eye." He smiled at her before taking a drink of his Powerade.

"We could have regular cider and a hard cider with the option of having it warm. Or the bar can have multiple cider options." He smiled.

Jake laughed. "Fair but would anyone blame us for getting it on in the car? I mean of all things to get arrested about...I would say sex in a car would not be the worst. Plus when you have a fiance as hot as we both do..." He made a face. "Who wouldn't jump in the backseat." He laughed.

Once they were both finished eating Jake put the address in the GPS and headed to Biltmore. When they pulled up there was a big Christmas tree out front but it wasn't lit up. "There you go babe...you get to light that up as well as inside. We are staying at the Inn this stay but for the wedding they said that we could have the cottage for just us and then the family stay at the Inn as well as our guests."

Adri laughed and shook her head, “No I think the general public would understand. That wouldn’t stop the police from putting us on a sex offenders list.” She told him and rubbed his thigh. “Sorry to burst your bubble. Maybe in the car in the garage at home. Or in the cabin. We can sneak away. It will be cold though. Maybe not a good idea.l she shrugged her shoulder.

Her light up when she saw the castle, “It’s beautiful! Don’t you think?” She asked. She was looking beyond the Christmas decorations at the castle. She could imagine what it would look like the day they got married.

“I love it Boo! It’s so pretty.” She smiled. “I love it even more now.”

Jake shrugged. "I will find somewhere to get you alone in the car. We just need get out in the desert where no one goes and we'd be fine." He chuckled. "The cabin would be cold. If we go up there this spring or something, then yeah we could do that."

"I'm glad you love it. We're stuck with it for our wedding." He teased and drove up to the main house to check in that they were there. He parked and went in with her.

They were greeted at the front desk. "Miss Jones and Mr. Daniels. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lois James. I will be in charge of the lighting ceremony and anything you need while you are here I'll be happy to help. How was your plane ride in?"

Jake shook her hand, "It was good. Thank you."

"Miss Jones, I hear you are really excited about getting to light the lights." She smiled. "You will have a lot of fun. That's tomorrow evening. Tomorrow during the day you wanted to get some specifics for this fall taken care of is that correct?"

“Not technically. If I didn’t love it we wouldn’t be getting married here.” She told him with a smile. “But I love it so we don’t have to worry about it.” She added and hot out of the car with him.

“I am. I haven’t don’t anytging like this before.” She smiled and looked around as they walked into the castle.

“Yeah tomorrow I want to get some things done for the wedding. Good mostly. And then I told ant to know about flowers and see what you have done for previous weddings. I know most of those were half day ceremonies but I bought this place out for the weekend so I need it to look good all weekend but I want tit to look different from when Jake and I, and our family, arrive and when the guests arrive. A lot I know but nothing is too much for me.” She smiled. “Oh and our wedding planner should be stopping by tomorrow to go over details as well.”

She smiled and Jake, “I do love it though. I can’t wait to see it all decked out.”

"Well we booked it for the weekend so you kind of have to get married here now. Our name is all over that weekend. It's set in stone. It can't be broken!" He teased and chuckled.

Jake had his arm around her as they took the tour. "Yeah my fiance has a vision. I hope you can produce it because she's been planning this for awhile." He teased. Lois smiled. "That's not a problem. You tell us what you want and we will make it happen. This is your fairytale wedding and we will make it come true." She smiled. "If it's physically possible, we will make it happen. If you want a different color shining on the castle we can do that too." She smiled.

"I never thought of that idea." He looked at Adri. "We could do red for the rehearsal dinner night and then white for our wedding." He suggested and shrugged.

Lois smiled, "I can't wait to meet the planner." She was a nice woman who genuinely wanted them to have the best wedding and even weekend stay there.

"It will be really neat to see it for our wedding. It's beautiful for Christmas. I can only imagine for our wedding." She took them to a big balcony that they could use for photos on their wedding and rooms they could use to get ready.

“The castle will definitely be white on the wedding day. If you want it red for the rehearsal dinner then we can do that.” Adri smiled at Jake.

“Jake said something about staying in a cottage and an Inn. I was hoping we would be able to stay here since I know you have rooms for rent. If family and the bridal party can stay here I think that would a big help the day of when everyone is scrambling to get ready. And then hair, make up and all of them could stay off site. I also have a security team consultant coming to give me a rough estimate of how many extra members we will need to make sure this is a private event. And thank you so much for keeping this quiet. As far as I know no one knows we are getting married here.” She smiled.

“And trust me I know who to blame if it gets out. Is there a dungeon to this castle?” She asked curiously. “We can put Drew and Stacey down there.” She smiled.

“Is there a chance that we will see each other before the wedding?” She asked. “I already know we are taking pictures before the ceremony and possibly after but I don’t want him to see the master piece before it’s finished, you know?”

Jake smiled at her. "Sounds fair to me." He told her about the colors on the castle.

Lois smiled and gave a nod. "We are going to shut the place down from tours for the entire weekend. You are welcome to stay in the house if you'd like. We do have some rooms off limits so it just depends what you have as a number on if we could accommodate everyone here." She told her truthfully.

Jake thought about it and looked at Adri. "Baby...if you are at the cottage or Inn and then ride the roadster in. That would be pretty sexy to be honest." He told her and shrugged cause it was just a suggestion.

"No ma'am, if you both stay here we could put you on different floors on different sides of the house. We can also have staff on watch to make sure he doesn't see you." Lois offered.

She looked at Jake, “We can always have family in the castle and then the wedding party can stay somewhere on the grounds but not in the castle. I am worried about guests being here when we arrive. I know you can’t kick them out but I don’t want them to snap pictures or anything and I don’t want to ruin their stay either.” She shrugged her shoulder.

“I don’t know what my dress is going to look like or if it will fit in a car. We will keep that option open though.” She smiled at him. “You won’t even see me ride in. You’ll be in here the whole time. And if you stand me up I will find you and I will be scarier than anything you have faced in the octagon.” She threatened.

“I would feel comfortable with him being as far away from my room as possible. I don’t want any bad luck of him possibly seeing me getting ready.” She smiled at Jake again. She was excited to get married to him. It’s was thrilling being in their venue even if they were a little less than a year away from getting married.

“Jesus we are getting married.” She said softly. There still so much to do. Her stomach was turning.

Lois smiled, "The guests who stay at the castle are a bit on the wealthier side as they are the most expensive rooms. We can warn them we have a high profile wedding and make sure that it is kept secret. Everyone who stays normally wants to keep a low profile as well so they understand." She told them. "But we could do it anyway you feel is best ma'am."

"I never thought of it not fitting in a car! Good thing everything is here." He teased with a chuckle. "Well now the idea is at least out there but we do want photos with the car so you may be riding on the hood." He teased and kissed her softly. "Baby! Why would I stand you up? I've wanted to marry you for awhile. Normally there are times you can be kinda hot when you're mad..." Jake shook his head no with a look that said it all. "It wouldn't be hot. Anything that makes you mad while we are here for our wedding may be scary."

Jake rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to see you. I don't want to ruin it. That's what Luke's job is...be my look out to make sure you're not around. And the same for you with your maid of honor."

"Yes we are." Jake gave a big cheesy smile before hugging her. "Does that scare you?" He chuckled.

“And I will have a second, or third, dress to wear to the plane to our honeymoon.” She smiled. “Where are we going?” She asked wondering if she could get him to spill his secret.

“It will be very scary. I will make sure of that. Nothing is going to go wrong on our wedding day. I don’t want to turn into a dragon who burns everyone’s head off.” She said. At the end of the day the little things wouldn’t matter. As long as she saw Jake at the end of the aisle she would be happy. And she wanted her dress to fit. That was important too.

She smiled and nodded her head, “A little.” She admitted. “I just...” She sighed and shrugged her shoulder. “Everything we wanted for our future may not come true and I don’t want you to wake up and regret it.” She said softly. It wasn’t the space for this conversation but she felt like she had to get it out in the open. “We can talk about it later.” She said softly. She nodded to get it off her chest and she felt like she was drowning in guilty.

“I love you.” She told Jake and turned to Lois, “Okay so where is this switch for me to turn the lights on? I had a bad dream on the plane that I flipped the switch and the tree tipped over.”

"Are we leaving straight from the wedding night to the airport?" He hadn't gotten the tickets for the flight so that could be nice to know. "I just figured we would stay the night and then head out the next morning so we can have a good night's rest." He suggested.

Jake smiled. "As a kid I always wanted a dragon who breathed fire. Not exactly what I had in mind though but...you're prettier than any dragon I know." He smiled and kissed her deeply.

He shook his head like she was crazy. Really he felt like she was. He thought that they had been through this. He still wanted to marry her and be part of her future. They could use different measures for getting pregnant or having a family. He couldn't wait until they had a moment to really talk about it because she needed to know how he felt and know the truth and trust him. Jake gave her a nod to talking about it later.

Lois smiled and took her to the big main tree in the dining room of the house. "This is the one and there will literally just be a lever you pull and nothing will fall down. Same for outside just a heavier one with it being outdoors. That switch will turn all the lights on inside and out. It's basically the main electrical switch for certain outlets." Jake gave a nod. "If the outside one is too heavy...you brought your strong fiance." He gave a wink.

“I just assumed we were. If you want to stay the night then les do that. Honeymoon is yours. It will probably be best to stay the night and travel in the morning though. We might be a little hungover.” She laughed.

“Okay. I can handle two levers. And this is a real thing. This isn’t some cruel prank Jake concocted to ruin my love of Christmas. Ashton Kutcher is going to come out and say you got Punk’d right?” She asked to be sure. “Hey, he did it Queen Bey. I could be on the list. The man has no limits.” She said before Jake could laugh.

“Can we walk around the grounds?” She asked Lois who let them go. She caught up with them before they left the holding and gave them their room key and pointed to the cottage they were staying at.

“I think I picked the right place.” She smiled. “It’s beautiful here.”

"Well I was thinking more that we would be exhausted from partying all night." He smiled and chuckled. "But yes we may be a little hungover. Plus I don't want to try to know where I'm going while drunk." He gave a wink.

Jake laughed. "If the tree falls over and you break everything then maybe...maybe it is." He chuckled and shrugged. "No baby you're not getting Punk'd. At least not here not this weekend."

Lois smiled, "No Miss Jones, we are not Punking you. This is legit. We just also very much love Christmas and are happy to share it with someone who also does."

"That's Adri." He told Lois. "Wait till she tells you what she did to our cabin in Denver."

He thanked Lois who told us to explore as much as they wanted. "Thank you." Jake told them and put the keys in his pocket. "Where would you like to go check out babe?" He asked and agreed that she picked the best place to get married.

“I let the Pottery Barn designers take over our cabin and ecorate everything. It looks like their Christmas catalog. In fact they are using the cabin to show how people can decorate for Christmas. They have to keep our names out of it but it’s like a dream come true.” She smiled.

“As long as I am not being punk’d I will be happy.” She told them and walked with Jake outside.

“You want to walk the garden? I need to figure out where we are taking our wedding pictures.” She told him and walked out there with him. “Maybe we can do a wall of pink roses.” She said thinking out loud. She pointed to a space where she would put it and shrugged her shoulder.

“So...” She said softly and laced her fingers with his, “I just...I’m nervous about getting married. What if we try everything and nothing works?” She asked. “What if this is a sign from god that we aren’t supposed to be together or something? I know it sounds like I’m reaching but I’m just really scared that you aren’t going to be happy.” She said softly.

“And you’re such a good dad to Owen and I want to give that to you too but not knowing if I can is really scary.” She confessed. “I wouldn’t blame you if you were upset. Don’t stay because you feel guilty. I’m scared Jake.” She said simply because that was the best way to say it.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Wait what?! You didn't tell me that!" He shook his head. "Oh babe. Why am I not surprised." He chuckled.

"A wall of roses. Pink? How does pink match our colors?" He asked confused. "Are you thinking a wall of roses for photo ops for our guests and us?" He asked her as they walked the garden.

Jake walked with her and listened to her. He let out a sigh and shook his head. After a moment he stopped walking and looked at her. "Look at me." He told her as he faced her. When she finally looked at him he just watched her a moment. "Be honest with me. Do you really believe that we're not meant to be together? I need to know this right now if that's how really feel. Don't think about what news what we found out but deep down because of the love and how fit together do you feel we are or aren't meant to be together?" His eyes were locked on hers. He didn't sound happy but didn't sound angry either.

“I like pink.” She answered simply. “We can do red or white. Or white with our initials in red.” She smiled. “We have options. But yes it is a photo op for our guests and for us. Maybe we can cut the cake in front of it.” She told him.

She stopped walking and took a second before she looked into his eyes. “No I don’t really believe that. I wouldn’t be here if I believed that.” She said softly.

“Are you happy? Will you be happy if I can’t have kids?” She asked. “In five years if I really can’t have kids do you think you will be happy?” She asked.

Jake smiled and shrugged. "It's our wedding. If you want pink...We can do pink. If our guests are in black it would still look alright. But I love the idea." He kissed her temple. "Maybe we could have Daniels written up there too. Or our initials or something." He suggested.

He took her face in his hands. "Adriana Jones. I love you with every part of my being. You are my best friend. You the only person who I can tell anything to. You my fears, you know my secrets, you my social and pin number to my bank accounts." He teased and smiled a little. "I don't believe for a second that this is a sign we aren't supposed to be together. If anything I think it's something that God put in front of us to bring us closer and make us stronger." He told her.

"I'm very happy in my life with you. If we can't have our own kids, I'm okay with that. I mean yes it sucks, it really sucks thinking about it." His thumbs caress her cheeks. "That doesn't mean we can't bring another child into our family and love it just as much as we would our own. We are amazing parents. I would love to give that gift to someone who needs someone to love them. Maybe that's God's plan. And we don't know if it's impossible. But it doesn't for a second change how I feel about you or that it's you that I want next to me when I kicking ass in the octagon when I'm 90. The thought of us not being together never crossed my mind with this. It was more of, 'Okay...we know what we're looking at. Let's see what happens.' But while we do I'm holding your hand through it." His forehead rested on hers a moment and he closed his eyes.

"Adri, I know it has to be hard with Owen. And...if you don't want to be together...then I can understand. But I'm happy with my family. You are my Queen. My queen that I will stand beside as long as you let me. We have already been through so much together. We can make it through this too. I know we can baby. We just gotta do it together." He told her and kissed her softly.

She smiled when he teased her and rolled her eyes. She nodded her head and took a deep breath. Tears pooled in her eyes because she felt how much he loved her and wanted her to be with him. After his speech she gave him a hug and held him for a long time. He knew exactly what she needed to hear and it made her feel better. He didn’t think less of her. Her fears of him leaving weren’t real. He needed her as much as she needed him.

“I love you.” She said softly and gave him a squeeze. “But you aren’t fighting when you’re 90 years old. We are going to be completely retired and living in Germany.” She told him with a laugh. She gave him a kiss and let him go.

“I feel better.” She confessed. “I don’t know. I guess I needed to hear that. I mean I knew it in the back of my mind but I could stop thinking about if I was wrong.” She told him. “That was your only chance to get out Boo.” She warned. “That door is closed now. Like it or not.” She smiled and bumped his hip.

“Let’s go check out our room. See what our wedding party could be staying in.”

Jake hugged her tight and let her keep her arms around him as long as she needed him to. He did need her just like she needed him and honestly, Owen needed them both. He wouldn't understand it if they didn't work out, at least not right now being so young.

"Germany huh?" He kissed her back. "I better start learning my German now." He told her with a smile. "If I'm next to you when I'm 90, that's all I care about." He gave her another kiss.

Jake shrugged. "I'll tell you every day if I need you. I'll tell you every day how much I love you and want to be the man standing next to you until we are in Germany and 90." He smiled and hit her hip back.

"Okay...You're getting cold aren't you?" He laughed. "Vegas girl...." He teased and walked with her holding her hand. They took the car to the cottage and Jake carried their bags in. "What do you want to do after we unpack?" He asked her. "We can get dinner or chill in the hot tub..."

Back
Top Bottom