Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“For now. Until I get a pimple and the then other side is my food side. If it’s on my forehead then my back side is my good side.” She told him.

She smiled at him and nodded her head, “I am very excited.” She told him and puckered her lips for a kiss. “And if we don’t find a caterer at least we have Chipotle there.” She laughed. “I’m really excited to light the tree. It’s amazing that you set this up. Thank you Boo.”

She rubbed his leg and put her head on his shoulder. “Once we have food, clothes is about all that’s left for the most part. For right now at least. Which is good because wedding dress season will be starting around spring so I can go to New York get some ideas and find a designer to make my dress.” It was a lot but she was happy to do it to make her perfect gown.

He rolled his eyes but smiled. "Every side is your good side baby. You are sexy. Owen thinks you're pretty. Owen is mama pretty? Huh?" He gave her a nod.

Jake kissed her deep and softly. "I love how you think. We could easily do that. I'm sure we will find a place though. We have some appointments that first day. We just have to have them show us what we need to know for the lighting ceremony then we can do our appointments and then just have the lighting ceremony the next day. Other than that we are free. I figured just one day we could have a nice romantic dinner. Anything specific you want to do there?"

He kissed her head and put his hand on his leg. "I know the designer and what I want. I jut have to get fitted." He smiled. "You will be the problem. How many girls do you have? Do they have a dress picked out? The guys will probably just wear what I wear." Jake tickled Owen. "This guy is going to be pretty cute. I think he may have me beat." He chuckled.

She smiled when O called her pretty and kissed his cheeks. “If only you knew what that word meant!” She teased and gave him another kiss.

“We can have a dinner. I don’t have anything planned. Other than finding food and lighting the place up I am free.” She told him and rubbed his thigh.

“Good for you Boo.” She said softly. She still didn’t want him picking fabric or a color before she picked her dress. Unless he was wearing a black suit but he said he didn’t want to do that before. This conversation always turned into a fight and she wasn’t doing it today.

“Why would they have their dresses? No one has anything clothing wise. I think the girls will be in Black. I think it will look classy and nice. It’s only like six girls. It won’t be hard. It shouldn’t be hard at least.”

She smiled and nodded her head, “Oh yes this one is going to get all of the attention in his little suit.” She squeezed his cheeks and smiled at Jake.

"His dad will make sure he knows. That will be next to ball and Max. Pretty." He pointed to Adri. "Mommy is pretty. Say pretty." Owen looked at him like he was crazy.

Jake gave a nod. "Sweet. I figured just there at the Estates or we can go out. That's up to you." He shrugged. "I figure we are eating food for the caterers so that day may not be the best."

"I didn't know if you had a design or anything picked." He shrugged. "Is that too much black with the guys and me in black?" He kissed her cheek. "I do think you will like what I picked so far."

“This is your trip for me Boo. Whatever you want to do I am game to do.” She told him. Owen started to really wake up and pointed at the Tv and started talking.

She shrugged her shoulder, “I don’t know. It might be. I could put them in red or silver. Sketches are slowly trickling in. My agent kind of put the word out that I’m dress shopping. I know for sure I want custom, one of a kind. Well it has to be since it’s mom’s old gown and that’s the fabric they will use. It also has to go with the veil and I will not change that at all it was my grandmother’s.” She told him. “Very old and very long. So I want something lacy and classic as a gown. Minimalist but still really pretty.” She told him. “And then the reception gown will be I don’t know. Something different and party ready.” She smiled.

“But with my sketches I think bridesmaid sketches are coming too. I think the girls should be able to stick to the one color but have different styles.”

"Hmm. I will do some thinking on that. I'm not sure what I want to do. I feel we should maybe eat there at least one day. I'll figure it out. Don't you worry." He smiled.

Jake thought about it. "I think red would give it a nice balance. That way it looks like a wedding and not a funeral. Guys in black, you in some shade of white. Whether it is white or off white. And then girls in red. The guys could have pocket squares match the girl's dresses. Just a thought." He suggested. "You're the one up on fashion. I just don't want it to look like a funeral." He laughed.

"I'm sure your dress will be stunning. Both of them." He smiled and kissed her. "You will be the most stunning bride ever." He nipped her bottom lip.

"We want Owen to look like mini me? Can he wear Chucks the whole time? And I can change into them at the reception. I need my dancing shoes." He chuckled.

"It won't look like a funeral if the girls are in black. Don't say that." She laughed. "It can actually look really nice. You jerk." She shook her head at him and put her head on his shoulder.

"I hope so." She said softly. "I have to get back into my fashion show body. That was the best I have ever felt or looked. Christmas and this bay thing are going to throw me off track. January I am back in the gym five days a week and on a strict diet." She told him. "I have to get wedding ready." She told him. Even though in January she would have 8 months to get wedding ready.

"I don't know if he will go for the full suit. If he does geat if not, I think suspenders and dress pants will work." She said. "And yes he can wear Chucks the whole time but they have to be all black. And you can change into Chucks at the reception. Maybe I will too after a while, so I can dance with you." She smiled at him and gave him a kiss.

"I love you."

He chuckled. "I'm only saying normally people wear black to weddings." He smiled and shrugged before kissing her head as she put it on his shoulder.

"Once I'm cleared to work out again we can work out together." He smiled and rubbed her leg. "You'll get there baby. You are already wedding ready. You're freaking hot." He told her and meant every word of it. She was always hot and sexy to him.

"Sweet. All black chucks. Got it. We will do it. We can all wear Chucks and be comfy. We can even take a family photo sporting our cool kicks." He smiled and kissed her back followed by a few pecks.

"I love you. I honestly can't wait to marry you baby."

Their last day at home was everything she wanted it to be. They relaxed and Owen had minimal meltdowns. They had a nice swim in the afternoon and then watched movies the rest of the day. Owen was down at bedtime and in his bed. Adri has all of their outfits laid out for the photo shoot in the morning and they were all packed to leave after they took their Christmas photos.

Adri had to wake up very early the next morning to get her hair and makeup done for the photos. The photographer came and set up his lights. Adri had it set by ‘scene’. Most of their images would be near the Chrismas tree. But they had some by the fireplace and the ones with Owen and the dogs would be in front of a blank wall that she decorated with lights.

The next step was making sure Owen was happy the second he woke up or their photos were not going to go well. She had breakfast ready and he could eat with his Paw Patrol on TV. He was already in his first outfit so she didn’t have to get him changed. She did change his diaper and other than being squirmy he was fine with that. He was the start of the photos peaking into Santa’s Christmas bag and coming out of it.

Jake woke up and ate breakfast before getting dressed. He didn't want to dare get something on his clothes or Adri would kill him. Watching Owen get his photos taken it was kind of funny. He had no idea and was just playing and laughing. Max kept trying to see what he was doing which made for a few photos.

"Babe? How does it feel having our house set up as your very own photo shoot?" He smiled. "And no...you can't have this set up all the time." He chuckled.

"What time is your parents coming to get Owen?" He asked. "Or are we dropping him off. I know we went back and forth with them on it." He asked and tried to keep the girls busy until it was his time for his photos.

Adri smiled, “I can already see our Easter pictures.” She told him. “You’re not stopping me now.” She laughed.

The first set of pictures as them as a family were pretty basic. They were all in matching pajamas. They got the photo of Jake and Adri kissing with mistletoe above them and Owen covering his eyes. They also did the photo of Jake and Adri wrapped up in lights and Owen and the sitting dogs around their feet.

For the first change Adri put Owen in his khakis and plaid button up and Jake had a similar outfit while Adri had her Christmas glam outfit. It was time for the formal pictures. She smiled at Jake and gave him a light kiss.

“They are coming to pick him up before our flight. Mom wants to watch the pictures.” She laughed. “You know she loves this stuff.” She told him.

He let out a huge sigh. "Seriously?" He gave her a look. "You are going to be that one that does every single holiday aren't you?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

Jake had fun with Adri and Owen. It was a task to get the dogs and Owen to stay still though. The photographer took photos of them trying to get all corralled. Jake kissed Adri in their formal clothes. At one point, Jake grabbed Adri and dipped her as he kissed her, just being goofy but the photographer loved it and just took a lot of them in their normal elements.

"Well she's late then..." He told her. "We've already taken a lot of them. Should we call her?"

Adri friends and gave him a look, “Is that a problem?” She asked. “When he is older he isn’t going to want to do it. Or it will be a pain to get him to do it. I have control right now and I’m taking advantage of that.”

Right as Jake spoke the doorbell rang. Adri left Jake and Owen to take pictures while she answered the door. Her mom came in and went straight to watching Owen take his pictures. She kept commenting on how precious he was and he kept looking at her and trying to get to her. That allowed Jake and Adri to take a couple pictures together. Then she traded Jake for Owen and took some pictures with Owen.

They had one more set of pictures to take of Owen in his birthday suit. Adri figures he would really like since he enjoyed running around in a diaper.

“You’re at the end of it mom but at least you get to see his butt.” Adri smiled.

Owen was happy to be free of his clothes once she got him undressed. He went back to playing like it was the most natural thing in the world. Adri put a Santa hat on him and he kept it on for a minute and then he ripped it off. The end of the photo shoot was when he smiled at Adri and started to pee on her floor.

Adri sighed and looked at Jake, “Remember when I said I had control before? I lied.” She said and went to clean up Owen’s mess. “You better not poop little boy.” She told him and tickled his belly.

He saw her point. She could get away with doing photos for a bit yet. When he got older he'd throw a fit unless he learned at a very young age that mom liked to take photos for every single holiday. "Right..."

Jake took the photos with Owen and when her mom came in he smiled. "Hi mom!" He waved at her which made Owen wave to mawmaw. The photo shoot was a bit fun and easier for everyone being at their house.

Jake laughed at Owen running off and playing when he had no clothes on. "He is sooo my kid." he laughed. "Cant blame him. Not one bit." When Owen started to pee Jake just laughed harder and let him pee. It wasn't like he could stop it and it would be easier to clean up in one puddle. He went to grab stuff to clean it up. "He didn't seem to have control either." He laughed. When Adri tickled him, Owen laughed and tried to huddle away from Adri. "You just had to see that butt didn't you?" He asked Adri with a smile.

“I did! And you know what it’s worth it and when he is older I can pull out this picture and use it to embarrass him in front of his fiancé. The time he peed on my Christmas.”

Maria picked Owen up and put him in a diaper and some clothes to take him home in. “Just wait until he’s a big brother. Those pictures will be adorable. Those are the best pictures. I think my favorite was your first Christmas. You wouldn’t stop crying. Someone had to be holding you and it was always Andre.” She smiled and kissed Owen’s cheeks. “I think I got one good picture of you and all of your brothers with you in the bassinet other than that they had to hold you.” She laughed.

“He’s going to be a good big brother. Aren’t you? We just have to pray that God does everything he can to make you a big brother.” She added and looked at Adri and Jake.

“It’s not a God thing mom. Don’t do that.” Adri sighed. “This guy is packed and ready to go. He ate breakfast so he should be good until after nap time.”

She held her hands out for Owen and gave him a hug and a kiss. “Love you boy. You be good okay?” She handed him over to Jake so he could say his good bye.

She went to look at the pictures and smiled. “Damn we are a good looking family.” She laughed.

"That's so mean." Jake looked at Maria. "What embarrassing photos and stories do I get?" He raised an eyebrow.

Jake listened to her mom about Adri and the bassinet. He smiled but then when she mentioned God and Owen being a big brother he glanced at Adri. He didn't say anything because Adri handled it and he would make sure she was okay. His hand gave her back a small rub to let her know he was there and that he loved her.

He took Owen and he tickled him before giving him a bunch of a kisses. "I love you. Be good for grandma." He kissed his head and handed him to Maria. "Thanks for watching him mom. I appreciate it."

Jake looked at the photos. "Yeah we are. We are two of the fittest people and then you have chunker. Who he's just adorable and goofy." Jake smiled and kissed her cheek.

Maria thought about it, “There are a few I can think of. You haven’t seen the dance recital picture.l

Adri groaned, “Throw it out! God I hate that picture. It’s not even embarrassing. It’s just a bad picture.”

Adri laughed and flipped through the pictures. “Go great. Look at that. Full smile and peeing on the floor. I’m keeping that.” She smiled. “They look great. I’m taking my computer so once you get them fixed up you email them to straight to me. Thank you and thank you for the last minute job.” She told the photographer.

She need to change out of her dress and into something more travel friendly. She let them pack up downstairs and went upstairs to change. She brought their bags down with a groan. “You just had to go and get your ribs broken. You’re supposed to do the heavy lifting!” She reminded.

"Oh I so need to see this photo. You know we could make a slide show of photos of us for the rehearsal dinner. Photos of us as kids and together." He suggested. "We could put that photo up there too." He teased.

He let Adri gush about her pee photo. "He's going to be annoyed with you about that babe. You will hear that forever so just be prepared." He thanked the photographer and let him and Maria out.

Jake went up to change into more comfortable clothes as well. "We will get checked in before we have to do anything so go comfortable. We can change before meeting about the lighting ceremony." He told her as he put on athletic pants and a tshirt. Chances was he would nap on the plane so he needed to be comfortable.

"I didn't do it on purpose. I could carry mine. Mine doesn't weigh a ton. If you didn't pack so much..." He teased. "Can we get smoothies once we get to the airport?" He asked like a little kid. "Please?" He then got the car loaded up. The Franklin's were going to be by later to check on the dogs since it was just a long weekend they would stop by a few times to take care of them. "Let's go sexy mama."

“That photo will not be a part any slideshows.” She told Jake. “Burn it!” She told her mother. “Actually I could have sworn I did. I burned that thing.” She said.

Maria shook her head, “Your grandmother made me another copy.” She smiled happily.

Comfortable to his model fiancé was still a little dressed up. She had on black jeans a white t-shirt and a leather jacket. She had her big Louis bag to be her purse and carry on. And for packing she only had two bags. One had her light ceremony dress and other clothes and the other had her accessories, makeup, toiletries. All of the important stuff that made her look good.

“I am oh so sure that you have a debit card with your name on it that you can use however you want. You’re not Owen.” She laughed. “You don’t need permission from me to buy anything.” She reminded him.

The driver arrived and helped take their things to the car. Adri picked up the house and followed Jake to the car. They were dropped off at the airport and went to first class boarding. They were able to wait in a lounge until it was time to board. “Are you going to go get your smoothie?” She asked him.

Jake couldn't help but laugh as she was told by her mom that copies were made. "Oh that's classic. We need to make copies or back everything up for our children." He chuckled. "Mom...back that up." Jake told Maria with a smile.

Comfortable to Adri's UFC champ fiance was also different. He would get more dressed up after they were settled in their room. Jake only had one suitcase and a backpack. His one suitcase had everything he needed, clothes, shoes, and toiletries. "Yeah but for our entire friendship and relationship you've had access my card. For the record though....I was more asking to see if you wanted to come with me to get it..." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Once they got to the lounge, he thought about it and gave a nod. "Yep. I worked hard today. I'm getting my smoothie." He smiled and gave her a kiss. "Coming too? Or want anything?" His eyes looked into her eyes. "You okay? From earlier?" He asked softly.

Adri tried to pinch his tongue, “No I don’t want a smoothie. Thank you for asking.” She said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“You made me happy so here.” She said handing him her card. “My treat. Go get your smoothie.”She gave his butt a light smack and smiled at him.

“I’m trying not to think about it. Okay? I just want to be happy.” She smiled sadly and shrugged her shoulder. If she thought about it too much she would cry and that was the last thing she wanted even if the lounge was somewhat private. “Go get your smoothie boo.” She told him and went to sit down.

She pulled her iPad out and looked up what her agent sent her in regards to starting off a makeup brand of her own.

Jake smiled and took her card. "Aw thanks baby." He kissed her softly. "You know how I know you love me? You touch my butt." He grinned and kissed her cheek.

He looked her over and knew if he did or said too much else it may set her over the edge so he didn't want to do that. "Okay." Him asking though was his way of reassuring her that he was there. That way if she wanted to talk...cry, hug, whatever. He would be there for her in anyway possible.

He went down to get his smoothie. On the way back he stopped at a shop and grabbed some magazines for them both. When he returned he handed her card to her. "You bought us some magazines. Thanks babe." He teased. "I'm kidding. I bought us some flight reading material. I got you some wedding dress ones too. I don't think you have these, they are new ones out just this week." He told her. "Whatcha doing?"

She raised her eyebrows but her eyes were glued to the screen when he came up. “Did I now?” She asked and read to the bottom of the paragraph before looking up at him. “Oh boy did you?” She flipped through the magazine pages and set it on her purse. “Thank you.”

She wasn’t going to find her dress in there. She wanted one of a kind and that was what she would get. She knew he would keep nagging her about a dress until she picked a dress. She had the plan in mind. She knew what she was doing for a gown. She just wanted him to back off about it.

“Why don’t you go get fitted for a tux?” She asked him. “Are you buying one off the rack or having a tailor make it from scratch? Just got get your tux done. Okay?” She told him. “I’ll just get a white dress made and call it a day. Just leave me alone about the dress.”

Jake smiled and gave a nod. "Yep..." He chuckled. "I'm kidding. I used my card." He shrugged. "I didn't know if you'd look through them and maybe get some ideas of what you wanted from this dress or that dress." He shrugged. "Plus you like fashion magazines. I didn't feel as guilty buying fight magazines this way." He smiled.

Then she went off about the tux. He looked at her confused. "Babe...I wasn't trying to pressure you. I really was just trying to do something nice. I don't really much about fashion magazines and you get a lot of them. You're getting married and didn't have those...so I just thought...I thought wrong I guess. Sorry." He took a drink of his smoothie and looked away.

He wondered what she was reading when he walked up if it was something that set her off or if it was him asking about her mom or both.

Adri bit her tongue and looked at her computer. He did something nice and she lashed out at him. “I’m sorry. I just...” She shook her head and took a deep breath, “I’m sorry. Thank you for the magazines. They were thoughtful.” She said softly. She didn’t want to fight or talk about what was making her upset in public. It wasn’t Jake’s fault and she knew that but he was easy target.

“I feel like I am walking a thin line between sanity and whatever it is that I’m trying to fight off.” She told him. “I am sorry.” She said genuinely.

“I don’t want that to mess up our vacation. Okay? Please? I want to have a nice time with you.” She wiped away a tear really quickly an closed her laptop. “I’m going to go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back.” She said softly and walked away.

Back
Top Bottom