Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

He gave her a nod. "Alright. I'm here when you are ready...." He kissed her temple.

Jake chuckled and shrugged. "That's what you get for keeping the remote from me." He smiled. "You love it."

He rolled his eyes but smiled as he rubbed Bam's belly. "You have mom wrapped around your paw too." He shook his head before scratching behind her ears.

After a moment he gave her a nod. "Yeah. Corn sounds good. Will you get it for me baby? Please?" He asked her nicely. "Will you kiss it too?" He smiled. "Please?"

“You see big baby and little baby.” She pointed to Owen when she said little baby leaving Jake to be the big baby.

She got up and grabbed the corn and got the dogs treats. Max got his whole but she broke the girls treats up for them and gave Jake’s eye a kiss and handed him the bag of peas. When she turned around Owen was next to Bam eating something and Bam was sniffing around for something.

“Coo-kee.” Owen said happily and pointed to the floor.

“Did he just eat her treat?” She asked Jake and he started to crawl to Rocky. “Owen Isaac, no.” She told him and got up to get Bam another treat.

Jake rolled his eyes. "I asked nicely. If it was a sandwich I'd still ask you to get it and want a kiss on the lips when you brought it to me...so not because I'm hurt. I just like your kisses."

"Thank you baby." He kissed her lips before looking at Owen.

He looked at Adri then Owen. "He does think he's part dog like his brother...wouldn't surprise me. I didn't see but I didn't give him cookies. But if you want to get me a cookie I wouldn't be opposed." He told her and shrugged.

"Those are the dogs. Don't eat that." Jake told him and shook his head. "That's gross."

“You can have a dog treat like him.” She said and pointed to Owen. She picked Owen up and he started to whine but she wasn’t putting him down until the girls were done eating their treats. “That’s not for you Owen.” She told him and sat him down when they finished.

She scheduled the photographer to come over early in the morning before they left so they could get the photos done.

“I’m going to get my hair done tomorrow.” She told Jake. “I’ll have it straight for the lighting ceremony and Christmas photos and then curly for Christmas in Denver.” She told him. “And I still want to do some shopping for Liam’s daughter.” She said. “Maybe I can just steal her and take her to toys R us or something. Some little Christmas presents and clothes. I won’t go overboard.”

"I'm not eating a dog treat. Thanks but no thanks. Didn't you ladies make cookies yesterday?" He asked.

Jake watched her. "Is someone coming here or are you going out? You promised me a day of no clothes....I have to put clothes on now?" He asked her. "Okay. Straight then curly. Got it. Yeah take her out shopping. I'm sure she'd love that. I don't believe you that you won't go overboard..." He smiled at her. "But she deserves a good Christmas. Are the coming to Denver?" He asked her, not remembering.

Owen ran over to Jake and wanted up on the couch with him so, Jake used one hand to help him up. "What do you want bud?" He snuggled against Jake and rubbed his eyes. "You getting sleepy?" Owen shook his head no. "Right...okay."

“I think your mom did. But I also remember Amy leaving with a plate of something. They might be in oven.” She shrugged her shoulder. “I wanted pie and got what I wanted.” She told him.

“I’m going out. Jeez relax.” She sent Liam a text asking if she could borrow his daughter and sited for the response. If she took his daughter though, he would want to come with. “You and Owen can have a naked day together. I can’t stay in the house and do nothing for that long. I don’t know if they are coming. I gave him the opportunity and had pajamas and jackets made for the both of them. Just in case. I think they are.” She told him.

“Looks like I am going to go see what goes on in the mind of a seven year old girl tomorrow. After I get my hair done. So I’ll be gone for a few hours.” She told Jake.

"You always get what you want. Who are you kidding?" He chuckled and got to get a cookie. Or at least check the oven for them. Once he found them he grabbed two and came back to the couch.

Jake looked at her. "Sorry I've been gone almost three weeks then we are leaving again. I want to stay home for a day. Sue me." He told her. "We aren't staying home doing nothing. I'll probably take O swimming and outside to play." He knew that Owen would love to swim.

"Okay. Babe you were a seven year old girl. Don't you know what goes on in their heads?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "Goof." He put his arm around her as he ate his cookie.

"We didn't do anything today. Wow Vogue came and then nothing all day. It was nice today but I'll rip my hair out if I do it tomorrow." She said and shrugged her shoulder. Adri didn't say anything but was thinking that was doing nothing.

"Yeah Boo. I was seven years old like 15 years ago. I totally remember what was going on in my head." She took a bite of his cookie to get back at him and put her head on his shoulder.

She got up to get her computer so she could do some work while they watched movies. She grabbed her planner so she could write down the dates on the jobs she took and keep her life somewhat organized.

"It's not like you'd let me do a whole lot anyway..." He told her and stuck his tongue out at her. "I thought you'd take advantage of seeing me without underwear. But okay."

He made a face. "Wow someone is getting old and forgetful." He shook his head and tutted at her. "Hey! That's mine." He growled at her like Owen would do. "I know you think that my things are yours and most things I'll share. Cookies are not one of those things. Don't do that. Or we won't be getting married." Jake said with a straight face.

Jake checked his phone and then handed it to Adri to show her a message from Jimmy Fallon. He was sad that Jake couldn't make the show but understood and wanted him to come do it again the next time they were in town. "At least when I'm there for my tattoo I can do Jimmy's show."

“If I’m old you’re ancient. Your three, almost four years older than I am old man.” She smiled. She took another but when he growled. “I will eat that entire thing if you growl again.” She threatened.

“You hurt his feelings and his band is playing at our wedding. If they are out of tune that night it’s all your fault and I will fight you.”

She scanned over her emails and decided to go through them one at a time from the bottom and work her way up. “How many cookies were left?” She asked while she was reading an email. “Your mom makes good cookies. Will you get me a chocolate chip?”

"I may be old but I can remember things...So there." He stuck his tongue out. "There are 80 year olds still running marathons. Age means nothing." He teased back. "You will not. I will beat you."

Jake rolled his eyes. "You will not fight me on our wedding day. You wouldn't risk screwing up your dress, nails, or hair. Plus you wouldn't know if they were in tune or not."

"None. I ate them all. Ther eare none left." He got up and grabbed her an Oreo. "That's all we have." He teased and chuckled before handing her a chocolate chip homemade cookie. "Mom was always good at baking cookies. She'd bake a lot when I was sad or hurt. It cheered me up." He ate his own cookie. "Owen...mommy has a cookie." Jake quickly stuffed his cookie in his mouth so he couldn't get any of his and smiled at Adri.

“I have four brothers, a teams of bridesmaids and Nick and they will all attack you at once and pin you down. Then I will claw, scratch and slap you for ruining my day. Don’t doubt me.” She smiled.

She took the Oreo and then took the chocolate chip cookie when he handed that to her. She glared at him for calling Owen over to it. She gave him the Oreo so she could enjoy her chocolate chip cookie. “You suck and I really don’t like you.” She told Jake.

“And I’m trying to organize my life. Leave me alone for a couple hours. Do something productive.” She told him. “That’s what my parents would tell me. Why don’t you go do something productive. Usually that meant practice singing or gymnastics and cheer.” She rolled her eyes. “You can play with Owen.”

"Your brothers like me and half of them are scared of me. We both know Nick is also scared of me. And he is on my side for the wedding. Nice try though babe. You would have to ask Nick if they are even in tune." He chuckled.

Jake grinned. "You're just mad cause I thought of it and you didn't. It's not like you wanted the Oreo anyway." He told her.

"I was here before you were..." He knew she was trying to stay busy and keep her mind off of everything so he didn't say anything. Jake got up. "Owen come help daddy." He ran after Jake who went to work on laundry from their trip. They had plenty of it. Owen helped Jake sort the clothes. He would ask Owen what color it was then made sure it went in the right pile.

She frowned, “They tolerate you. Nick is not afraid of you. And with back up, they will all find the confidence to beat your butt. And that’s not true but Nick will be a valuable help when it comes to figuring out if they are in tune.” She said and stuck her tongue out at him.

“I didn’t want him to have an Oreo.” She said. That was a sugar rush waiting to happen.

She watched Owen follow Jake out of the living room and focused on work. She called her agent and had a nice little chat with him about what else could be on the books while she was going through it. She kept the same black out days so she wouldn't work then and she filled in some blank days that she could work. She would be traveling once or twice a month up until March. She had the Fashion week that would take up five weeks and then she had some little things to do. From hosting a party at a club to just being seen at a hotel or restaurant. She could take Jake to a few of the jobs so he wouldn't complain about her being gone.

"He was afraid of me...trust me." He chuckled. "Now he knows we are friends so he isn't anymore but if I have to, he should know I will bust him up." Jake teased. "I'll have him trashed, he won't know..." He chuckled and shook his head.

Jake shrugged. "I'm not too worried about it. He's fine. One Oreo won't kill him." He told her.

He handed Owen some clothes to help him carry to the washer. He put his in first then lifted Owen up to put his clothes in the washer. Jake then handed Owen a pod to put in the washer and then Jake turned it on. "Good job. Give daddy fist bump?" He held his hand out for Owen to hit his fist. They then went into the living room after Jake let him down. "Are we allowed to come back?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Also... I'm going to warm up dinner in about an hour. I'm getting really hungry."

“Depends are you going to watch the movie quietly?” She asked writing in her planner and when she was finished she looked at him.

“Komm einfach her und sag mir, dass du mich liebst.” She patted he spot next to her and Owen came running over instead. She smiled at him and gave him a kiss. “I love you. Ich liebe dich.” She told him and kissed his forehead.

“Put the pasta in a smaller glass dish. Warm it at 325 for like fifteen minutes and it should be nice and gooey. Maybe sprinkle some more cheese over the top. The bread just put that loaf next to the pasta. For like five minutes and it should warm through.” She told him. “Do you want me to make you a salad or something? We can open another bottle of wine.” She offered.

“I think this guy has some left over chicken and vegetables in the fridge. He can feed himself that. With a small slice of bread.” She said and looked at Jake. “Up to you. I don’t think he needs that much cheese in his system.”

He thought about it. "Depends on the movie. Do you watch Elf quietly? No..." He told her with playful matter of fact attitude.

He sighed when Owen took his spot. "Hey she padded that spot for me goober." He tickled his belly. "You Turkey." Jake sat down and watched Owen and Adri. "Owen say it back buddy." Owen tried to say it and it came out "luh you."

"Say it in German too. Grandma would like that." He told her. "Yeah MawMaw would love it."

Jake thought of it. "Yeah salad will be nice. Wine too." He turned the oven on. "I can make it babe. You cooked yesterday. Thank you though baby. I'll wait a bit to warm his up."

He grabbed the salad stuff and came back to the couch to prepare as they watch the movie and sit together. "I do love you by the way."

“You’re such a pain.” She chuckled and shook her head.

“Okay. If you want.” She said softly. The salad was in a bag. She was just going to transfer it all to a bowl. She put her hand on his thigh and gave it a squeeze.

“I would hope so. You did put a ring on it.” She told I’m and wiggled her ring finger. She smiled at him and closed her laptop and planner and put them on the end table. She leaned against Jake and put her head on his shoulder.

“I love you too.” She told him.

"I'm your pain baby. Unless you don't want me." He pouted.

He gave her a nod. "Yeah. You prepare dinner a lot. It's only fair to take my turn." He smiled and watched her hand on his thigh. "Have you felt thighs that muscular before?"

"I did. You got a one of a kind ring too. Only you have it. It fits on your finger pretty well. It looks good on you." He kissed her head and put his hand on her leg.

"Yeah? You do? You still want to do this with me? You and me together forever?"

Owen grabbed some of his cars and trucks, playing on the floor making car noises, or his version of car noises. He then ran over to Adri and Jake, "Wa er. Wa er."

"You want water?" Owen gave Jake a huge nod. He looked around to see if he had a cup anywhere. "Does he have anything?"

“Mine.” She laughed and flexed her thigh. She looked at Jake and smiled at him. “But yours are bigger. I guess. Only because you’re taller.” She told him. “If I were taller I would have bigger thighs.”

She smiled, “It is one of a kind. But I did see an ad on Instagram for my ring. A duplicate obviously but a very good one.” She said. “I think I should sue.”

She looked at him sighed, “Together for now.” She gave him a kiss. “And maybe tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that.” She said giving him a kiss after everyday.

“He should have a cup somewhere. He probably stuffed it under a pillow. “Hey I need your filming schedule so I can be home while you are in LA. Nick said sometime in February but exact dates would be nice.”

He gave her a look like she was crazy. "I would still have bigger thighs than you. How much can you leg press? I'm sure I can do more than you." He chuckled.

His smile faded. "What? There isn't...there shouldn't be. The designer could seriously sue. I need to see this. I made strict orders for one of a kind. I have paperwork and everything..." He was seriously annoyed as he shook his head.

Jake rolled his eyes but had a grin on his face and kissed her back each time. "And the day after that. And the day after that." He chuckled.

He gave her leg a pat before getting up and looking for Owen's cup. Owen kept saying "Wa er." Jake looked at Owen. "Where is your cup? Bring daddy your cup and I'll get you water." Owen found it with some toys and carried it over to him. "Thanks buddy." He went to the kitchen to fill it up with water and Owen followed. While he was putting water in it Owen found the dog's bowls and put his front loader truck in the water and started playing.

"Owen!" Jake shook his head. "Adri come here. See your son."

“I don’t leg press. It’s scary. I’ve seen too many videos of peoples knees going the wrong way. I don’t want that to be me.” She told him.

“Babe if it’s out there it’s going to be duplicated. It was some knock off website. No one will have this ring.” She said looking at her ring. It was gorgeous. It was flattering that someone wanted it so much they had to buy a knock off from China.

Adri got up but had to limp because her foot was asleep. She looked at Owen from over the bar and frowned. “You’re cleaning that up.” She told Jake. “I told you all of the messes are yours to clean up.” She joked.

“Do you have a schedule for the show?” She asked she didn’t want to rush him but if she could black out those dates it would be beneficial for the both of them. But she would enjoy taking Owen to work at least once while daddy was gone.

"I swear if my knees get messed up because you jinxed me I will come after you." He warned her giving her a look.

He was still annoyed. "It is nice that they want to have it but at the same time I wanted it to be only yours..." He told her and meant it. "I didn't want anyone to just go to the jewelry store and be like...'Hey I want Adri's ring.'"

"I think he wanted the water just to play with the trucks. Not drink it." He picked Owen up. "Hey no...we don't play in the dogs' water. Here you drink the water. We will get you a bath and you can play in the tub okay?" He put him down in the living room.

Jake gave her a look. "I have it baby. Let me clean this up and then I'll email it to you. I have it in an email. Or hell get on my phone." It wasn't like she didn't know his password or how to get into his email. "I think it's the 7th or so." He told her.

“I’m just saying it freaks me out. You were fine with it before. You’ll be fine later.” She smiled.

“It’s not in a store Boo. It’s like on Wish.com or some other knock off site.” She told him.

She got and grabbed his phone. She looking through his calendar. “It looks like the eighth to the sixteenth. Two weeks of filming. My poor baby. Is he going to be able to handle that?” She asked teasing.

“I’m sure Nick will let you stay at his place. He knows all of the best restaurants and clubs and stuff.” She said. “You’ll have fun.” She smiled. “I want you to have fun.”

"You better home. I don't need bad knees now too. I'm sick of these injuries. I'm ready to demolish in the cage with nothing. Next fight. That's my goal." He told her.

"Still...I don't like it..." He told her and sighed. "Maybe you should buy one so you could wear the fake one out and about so nothing happens to it." He teased with a smile.

Jake came back and sat back down and rolled his eyes. "I'll be fine. Owen...I don't know. I've not been away from that long. It will be nice to leave him with mommy for a bit though. What will the two of you do? Are you taking him with you to work?"

He gave her a nod. "He already told me to just stay with him. He is planning on taking me out and getting me wasted." He teased. "Let me meet some ladies..." He smiled and nudged her. "Nick's excited to hang out without you."

Back
Top Bottom