Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Jake closed his eyes a moment when she said she watch from home. He rested his face on her shoulder for a moment. Jake didn't want that. He liked having her at the fights. He wanted to protest and try to convince her to continue to come but last night if it was too much, he understood if she couldn't watch it live. Why would the future fights be any different? He just didn't say anything. What could he say? He understood. It wasn't something he liked, but he completely understood. She also knew what she was getting into as well, to a point.

He had a million thoughts running through his head and he tried to sort them all out. Things definitely needed to change with the UFC and their rules and stopages. Part of him wanted a rematch with Periera because he wanted to win and beat him fair and square. But he wouldn't dare suggest it. The fact he should have and could have lost was also going through his head. But he would still have his life.

"Do you want to do like an interview for the documentary? About how you feel? I could also use the docu to bring awareness to fighters spouses and how they feel watching their loved ones getting hurt..." He suggested. "Only if you feel comfortable. It doesn't have to be now or even today... Things need to change. I'll admit that."

Adri thought about it and nodded her head slowly. “Sure.” If it could bring a positive change to something she was willing to try. She felt like she should do it now while the emotions were high but she didn’t want to say something she didn’t mean. Like she might have just done. She felt Jake drop a little when she said she didn’t want to go to his fights. She hated to disappoint him.

She sat up and turned to face him as much as she could, “You know I love you, right?” She asked and rubbed his thigh. “I just…it scared me last night. I knew it needed stitches because it just wouldn’t stop. I’ve seen you hurt before, but that was different.”

She shook her head, maybe she was going overboard. “Have you spoken to Amy? How does she feel?” Amy was a good indicator if Adri was overreacting or not.

“We just want the best for you. And I really hope your mom wasn’t watching.” She tried to joke and rubbed the back of her neck.

Jake looked at her when she faced him. He took her face in his hands. "I know baby. I love you too. I know it scared you. I know it scares you every time I get in that cage. I know that. I don't want you seeing something that is difficult for you. I understand...I do." He told her and kissed her head. "I'm not going to down play the injury. Or tell it wasn't that bad...But at the same time, I do know what I'm signing up for. I just need to think about what I'm signing my family up for. It's not just me anymore..." He said softly.

He shook his head no. "I haven't. I probably should. I should call her. Let her know I'm okay."

Jake chuckled and shook his head. "Oh no...She hated the idea of me fighting before now...oh hell no. I'm not ever going to hear the end of it from her. She probably let my dad hear it all night."

“I don’t want you to feel like you need to quit or retire. Get a doctor on your team that goes to fights and double checks the medics. I’d like you have that buffer. You go to the doctor regularly to get check up. You’re doing what you can. We want you here for as long as possible.” She said and leaned back back on her arm.

“You should call her.” She agreed. Watching it live was bad. Watching it on TV with the commentary would have been much worst. She knew exactly what was going on because of the commentators.

”Dana is mostly to blame. He doesn’t care about your health. He wants you to beat each other to a pulp. It increases the ratings. A medical tap shouldn’t be the end. It should draw until you can do a rematch.”

Jake agreed to a doctor. He thought of that idea before and honestly it only made sense. His team was fairly equipped in certain injuries but to be frank, no one, no one had seen a head injury to that extent in the octagon or probably any other sport in history. It definitely wasn't the typical injuries that people have. He would need a doctor he trusted and also was well adverse in different injuries. Maybe a former military medic. He would have to do some research.

He checked the time and would call her after their conversation. "I will." Jake figured Luke already did some damage control and told her he was okay and reassured her that he was.

"I agree to an extent. It should be a draw. At least for championship fights. But it does seem he's more concerned about money. I got extra money because they chose me for fight of the night." He told her. "But that doesn't mean but in the grand scheme of things." He told her and rubbed her belly. "I feel awful that I should have gotten a loss. I had my hands up, I was defending myself. I think that's why they didn't call it during the fight. But then after..." He shrugged.

“You were doing well Jake.” She told him. “At least from the outside you were. He just managed to get a good hit in.” She shrugged.

She rubbed his cheek and looked at his forehead. The photographer could photoshop his forehead and get rid of the bandage and stitches. She was just glad he was healthy and standing for her family pictures.

She gasped and held her side. She laid back on the back and rubbed her ribs. She breathed it out slowly and opened her eyes. “I don’t think they’re enough space in there.” She said softly. And the doctor only said they would grow more in the coming weeks. The kicks were getting stronger and that was by far the strongest she’d ever felt.

He nodded. "I know. I don't even understand how that physically even happens..." He sighed.

He had completely forgot about photos. With his injury and the fight, he hadn't thought too much farther than that. He could probably take the bandage off for photos and then cover it back up. He did wonder how she'd like him having a scar there by the eyebrows.

Jake watched her. "What can I do to help?" He asked rubbing her leg. Jake didn't know if rubbing her stomach would help or if anything would help. The babies were part of both of them so he figured it was only right that they'd get stronger by the day. Owen watch Adri and crawled over and kissed her stomach. When he had injuries, Adri kissed them and made it better. Now he was kissing hers and making them better. Jake just smiled at Adri.

“Nothing.” She whispered. There was nothing that could be done. They were growing. They were moving. They were growing. She had to deal with the kicking and shifting of internal organs alone.

Adri smiled at Owen and rubbed his head. “Tell them to stop kicking.” She told Owen. And he did his best with his babies, as he called them. She held her hands out to Jake and got back up.

There was a knock at the door and Adri sent Jake to go get it. It was a platter of breakfast foods. Not as junky as she ordered the previous morning though. “We bring it to bed. We can eat in here.” She said because she didn’t want to move around too much. She got to the middle of the bed and waited for the food.

Jake got up and grabbed the food, thanking them as he shut the door. He took the food to the bed and set it down. "You don't think he's going to make a mess of it?" He asked her and smiled and kissed her head.

He grabbed some bacon and orange juice as he sat down. Jake figured while he ate, he could talk to Amy. Well hopefully unless he really need to do some damage control on his end. Instead of just calling he ate quite a bit of his food before grabbing his phone.

Jake called Amy and put an ear bud in so he could eat and keep an eye on Owen but have his hands free. Jake wasn't sure what she'd all say so he wasn't sure she should be on speaker phone or not.

If Adri took it badly, Amy took it much worst. Made worst by the fact that Jake didn’t call after the fight and all the media outlets were saying that he could have died. She could talk very long because the baby was crying but she was upset with him and Luke and they’d get her full wrath when they came home.

Adri fed Owen so he wouldn’t make a mess on the bed. She ate in between feeding him. He liked the sausage, toast and fruit. She liked bacon and eggs and the fresh squeezed orange juice. When Owen stopped opening his mouth for more food, Adri ate the rest of what was on their plate.

She helped Owen off the bed and let him play with a few toys on the floor. Adri had to scoot off the bed to put the plates on the cart and to go to the bathroom.

Jake understood Amy was upset and he felt bad he hadn't called but he was sidetracked with press conference and then food. "I'm really sorry Aim. I'm okay. I promise. I'm stitched up. I'm gonna scar but I'm okay." He told her. "Give my nephew love for us." He told her when he started to cry and she had to go. Jake also told her he loved her and they'd meet up when they got back.

"Well if the fight didn't kill me...Amy will when we get home." He said softly and sighed. His hand ran through his hair after setting his phone down.

Jake got up and sat on the floor to play with Owen. "Do you want to spend some time with Daddy? Let mama rest?" He asked him.

“And your mom.” She said softly. His mother would not be happy with him either. Neither would hers now that she thought about it.

“My babies.” Owen said softly and reached out to Adri when she came out of the bathroom.

“Yes, Boo. They’re your babies.” She said and sat on the edge of the bed. “Why don’t you get some clothes out?” She asked Owen. “I need pant. Can you find pants?” She asked and pointed to his suitcase.

Owen went to his suitcase and grabbed the first thing he felt which was a shirt and brought it over to Adri.

“That’s a shirt love. I need pants. How about those jeans.” She pointed at a pair of jeans and Owen ran over and grabbed them and put them on his head.

“Thank you.” She set them on the bed and held the shirt and pants up together. It would work. “Ask daddy to take you to the potty and change your pull up.” She looked at Jake. “I can’t lean down that far.”

Jake shook his head at Owen. "You're a goofball." He watched him run over to Adri. Jake didn't mind getting Owen ready but if Adri wanted to, he'd help where she needed or wanted. He got up, "Come on. Let's go potty." Jake grabbed some big boy underwear from his suitcase for Owen.

They went into the bathroom and he went potty and put his underwear on then ran out in just Bluey underwear to Adri. "Hi mama!"

Jake grabbed his phone and debated on which mom to call first. He figured he should call his so he dialed her number to make sure she knew he was okay. If he was lucky, his mom didn't even watch the fight.

While Jake handled the moms Adri got Owen dressed. She tickled tickled him as she got his shirt on. “You gotta learn how to put on your own clothes bud.” She told him and handed him his pants. “Can you do it?” She asked.

The first time he got them on backwards, so they had to take them off and then she showed him the tag goes in the back so she had him try it again.

“Good job!” She gave him a high five and kissed his cheeks. He hugged her neck and hugged back back but she couldn’t pick him up anymore. So she had to wait for him to let her go to help him off the bed. He needed socks and shoes but Jake could help with that.

Jake's mom luckily didn't watch it. Adri's mom unfortunately did and was pretty worried. Especially after everything with the baby. Hearing from him helped ease her mind that he was in fact okay.

Once he was off the phone, Jake grabbed some clothes to put on. He put on a pair of black jeans, dark red fashionable dressier hoodie and then a matching black jacket. He sat on the bed to put his boots on.

Owen come over to get his shoes and socks on first. "Hey buddy. We will go to the park. Then go meet Uncle Luke and papa. Want to see Papa?" He asked.

Adri stood in the doorway and crossed her arms over her chest. “Wish everyone safe travels for me. Give Luke a hug.” She said to Jake. “I’ll be here when you get back. I might start packing up so we can leave.” She said.

When Owen got his shoes on, she knelt down to give him a hug and kiss. “Be good for daddy. Okay?” She hugged him again and held her hands out for Jake to help her up.

“Be good for Owen, okay?” She asked and gave him a hug and kiss. “Will you put the food cart outside? I want to nap without issue. Are you taking Liam?”

Jake gave a nod about giving everyone safe travel wishes and hugging Luke. "I will. Babe get some rest. I'll be back in time to pack. Take it easy." He told her and put Owen's jacket on him.

He rolled his eyes about being good. "Always." Jake gave her a hug and kiss back. "I was going to take him since you'll be here. Is that okay? Otherwise I don't have to." He told her.

"Call me if you need me. We are gonna grab lunch before they head out." He told her and grabbed Owen's hand. "Tell mama bye. And say I love you."

"Bye mama. Wove you!" He said with big smile as Jake pushed the cart out and headed out with Owen. "Love you babe." Jake told her as they left. He had a back pack with a few things in case Owen needed them.

As promised, they first stopped at the park where Owen ran around and had fun by himself and with other kids. Jake took pictures to show Adri later. He had a feeling they'd struggle to get him to stay inside the older he got. It was good that the new house had plenty of room for him to play. He could even get a play set built for him.

Jake took some selfies with Owen and Liam before they headed out to lunch. It was at a upscale pub. John took Owen when they came in. Owen was happy to his grandpa. The team was excited to see the still reigning champion.

They talked a bit about the uproar with everything. Jake ordered Owen some chicken tenders and fries. The guys split a pizza.

“I’ll relax.” She told him. “Go ahead and take him. I’m not going anywhere.” She said. She waved to Owen and blew him a kiss. “I love you too Bud.” She smiled. She walked with them to the door and the locked it and latched it.

While they were out Adri got on the bed with all the pillows and created the perfect cocoon to sleep in with the pillows and blanket. She went to sleep when they left and she wasn’t up until she heard Jake and Owen knocking on the door to come back. Since she latched the door he wouldn’t be able to get in without her opening it. She didn’t answer the phone either because she was out. She didn’t realize how tired she was until that moment.

She unraveled herself from the blankets and pillows and walked to the front door. She made sure it was them and then unhooked the latch and opened it so they could come in.

“Sorry.” She yawned and scratched the back of her head. “What time is it?”

They brought a sandwich back for Adri. Jake got a little worried when she wouldn't answer the door right away. But was happy to know she got some good rest. "It's okay babe."

Owen went in and played on the floor while Jake went in to pack. He handed the sandwich container to Adri. "It's almost one. Do we have time for you to eat while I pack and have plenty of time to get to the train station."

He kissed her cheek and smiled. "Damn babe, you slept hard. That's good."

“Did you have fun O?” She asked Owen when he ran into the room.

“I can’t eat cold cuts.” She reminded him. “I’ll eat on the train.

“I have to get dressed before you start packing.” She said softly and kept yawning. She pulled out a nice sundress and a jean jacket. She went to her shoe suit case to pull out her white converse.

She washed her face and did her make up really basic and quick and then let Jake pack while she got dressed which was taking longer and longer the bigger she got.

It took an hour but she managed to get dressed in her own. “How is everybody doing?” She asked. And opened the sandwich container. She ate a French fry and when O came over to see what she was eating gave him a couple to snack on.

"It's not a cold cut babe. It's burger." He told her. "With everything you like on it. And fries." He remembered what she couldn't have.

"I can start with mine and his stuff babe. He will be probably nap while we are on the train. He was getting tired at lunch." Jake told her. Owen danced around a bit while he played and watched his show.

When she came out of the bathroom, he smiled and looked her over. She was hot to him even pregnant. "Need help with your shoes? I can help." Jake looked at Owen stealing fries. "You had your own. Did you tell mama what you had? Chicken tenders and fries. Ate all of his fries and a tender and half. The other ones are in the container too."

“Yes please.” She said like Owen did when they had to put on his shoes.

“Did you eat tenders and fries?” She asked Owen and gave him one more French fry. “Alright no more. This is mine.” She told him and gave his butt a pat to get him walking to the other room.

She picked up her burger and took a big bite. “Fuck this thing is amazing.” She said with a full mouth and chewed her mouthful.

“What did you eat for lunch? You know what I miss?” She asked Jake when she finally got the burger down. “Sushi. We have to go to Japan and get real conger belt sushi when these two are out of me.” She ate a french fry.

“And you have to take me shopping. I think I’m going to need a boob job.”

Jake grinned and nodded. "Bars and pubs typically have the best food. Even back home. We got a couple different pizzas. Like healthy pizzas, I guess if they can make healthy pizzas but they were fancy and amazing."

"I'll get you sushi when you are able to have it. Whatever you want." He got her socks on her first then shoes and had her put her foot on his thigh like Owen did to tie them.

"You want a boob job? Why?" He asked her raising an eyebrow. "They've grown on their own." He wiggled his eyebrows and grinned. Jake finished up the bags and put them all by the door. "You're in charge of doing a last look over to make sure we didn't miss anything."

"You had a good nap huh?"

“I want a birthday party too. A big one. Celebrity filled birthday party.” She smiled.

“They aren’t going to stay like this. And Candice said she got one after she had her babies and was done having them. I want mine to be perfect. I like this size though.” She said and looked at her chest. She pushed them together and looked at Jake. “Do you like them?” She asked, he would be looking at them the most. Or feeling them the most at least.

“Yes. It was a very good nap. I used all the pillows. You might have to sleep in the guest bedroom when we get home. I made a nest.” She smiled.

When he finished with her shoes, she looked around the room to make sure he didn’t forget anything. She moved the pillows around to make sure Owen didn’t hide anything.

Jake looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "A celebrity birthday bash? Okay. Do you want to plan it or should I hire someone?" He asked. "You're the party planner. I am not."

His eyes shifted down to her chest and smiled. "I love them." He looked at her. "I may need to feel them though to give a better answer though." He gave her a mischievous grin.

Jake gave her a look about getting kicked out to the guest room. "I guess if I have to..."

When her shoes were tied, he moved some of Owen's last minute toys to the suitcase. He packed the iPad with their other electronics and got his jacket on him. "Hopefully he sleeps on the train. How long of a ride is it?" Jake asked and told her they were ready whenever.

Back
Top Bottom