Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“We can change out some of the spaces up stairs to be bedroom. I really don’t want Owen and the babies on their own downstairs. Not until they’re older at least.”

She nodded her head to letting his father come look at it. “Ask her. She’s the one that had to stay to let him in.” She said about the realtor. They needed to go though. She wanted to be at the airport. Traffic got crazy and she didn’t want to miss it and make him late.

While he spoke to the realtor and then drove them to the airport, she made the call to their financial planner to get the ball started. She wanted the contingency that if the inspector didn’t clear the house, they wouldn’t purchase it. She wanted a move in ready home. She also wanted the decorator for Owen’s room and the nursery to go in and take measurements so they could adapt the plans of Adri wanted them to do.

She felt better now that they picked a home. She just needed the rest of the pieces to come together.

"Yeah, I like them on our level too. We make it work." He told her. The realtor agreed to stay so his dad could check out the property. His next phone call was with his dad to go check the place out, which John agreed to do.

Jake liked how excited Adri was about the house. She really wanted it and he hoped that no one else was interested in. But if they moved fast, hopefully they'd get it. "We may come home from the fight with a new house. Then we can list our house. Or do we want to rent it out?" He asked her.

He drove them to the airport where the guys from his team and coaches were there to help them get through the airport. The guys were nice. Some were single, some married but it was like a big family. They got checked in and their bags check before heading towards their gate. "Babe? Do you want anything before we wait to be boarded? I can grab up something." Jake offered.

Before the boarded, his dad called and said he liked the house. Nothing seemed out of place or wrong to him but he did do a quicker check on things. "Dad liked the house. A lot."

While they guys got the bags, Adri got Owen. They held hands and walked together through the airport, which helped explain why she was living so slow. The toddler and the heels that weren’t really airport shoes but she was making airport shoes today.

“I have all the snacks.” She told him. and they were all flying first class to Europe. The food they were about to eat was going to be good. Well everyone but Jake since he could risk food poisoning.

They were a bit early so they got to lounge in a more exclusive VIP waiting area so they wouldn’t get swarmed or cause a disruption. They were close to their terminal though, so that was nice and they’d be the first to board the plane.

“I’m glad. I hope we get it. It’s really nice.” She hugged Jake and kissed him softly. She couldn’t give him too tight of a thigh anymore because of her belly.

“How are you feeling?” She asked. “Are you ready? Do you need anything before your fight? I can find it or get it now.” She offered even though both of their assistants were there and ready to help with their significant others. For them it was a once in a lifetime trip, so it was important for Adri to let them take the time to explore all expenses paid. After the tip they were off for the week and could do what they wanted. Their flight home was covered.

Jake was starting to get hungry and asked for a snack. It would be a bit of a long flight and he would get hungry if he didn't eat something.

Jake kissed her back. "I hope we get it too. I do like it's close to Owen's school. It's not too far from where we are which is nice."

"I'm okay. Getting anxious to get there. I'm getting hungry. I'm actually worried I'm going to be a little below weight. I've been running on the low side. But I need to stick to healthy foods if I do eat." He told her.

He held her hand. "How are you feeling? Are you ready for this trip?" Owen was by the window watching the planes with Janice.

Adri looked in Owen’s backpack and gave Jake a small bag of cut up apples with a bit of melon juice to keep them from browning because Owen didn’t like to eat them when they were brown.

“I know. Do you want to pick up a salad from somewhere around here?” She asked. “I saw a smoothie bar. You can get some extra protein. You get mobbed though.” She smiled.

“I’m fine. I’m a little nervous about sitting for so long but I’ll get up and pace a bit if a I can.” She said softly. “I’m worried about him too. This will be his longest flight. I brought some melatonin, just in case.” She didn’t like drugging him but if it was between sleeping and crying she’d pick sleeping.

“I think he’ll like watching the plane take off.” She rubbed Jake’s back and smiled at him.

“Don’t worry about anything but the fight, alright?”

Jake had his assistant grab him a salad and smoothie as he ate the apples.

He nodded to her getting up and pacing. "I feel bad about the flight being so long for you both. I should have found some layover flights but I thought it would be worse dragging it out. I think it will be okay."

"I'm gonna worry a bit until we get there. But I'm feeling good." He nodded. "I'm in the best shape of my life. I shouldn't and can't lose." He grinned. "I'm bringing home another belt."

Casey his assistant arrived with his food and he thanked him. It was better for someone that people didn't know went and got him something. He ate quick so it wouldn't be an issue as they got onto the plane.

On the flight he kept am eye on Owen and watched cartoons with him. He slept for most of the flight which allowed Jake to also sleep, with Owen snuggled into his dad.

“Is rather have a long flight and then a short flight. Don’t worry. We will figure it out.” She smiled. “God. Don’t go getting cocky in me already. I she. To sit next to you for how long? I don’t think I can handle Ego Jake.” She laughed.

Adri watched some cartoons with Owen while people boarded the flight. She let him look out the window while they took off. He was used to private flights and running around when they were in the air. The only reason they didn’t fly private this time was because it was cheaper to book the first class cabin. Owen had plenty of laps to bounce around to so he did not want for entertainment, that was for sure.

Adri got up about half way and walked up and down the aisle. She felt multiple pairs of eyes just watching her and ready to spring into action if anything happened. She just wanted to walk. And there was no turbulence so it was a good time.

If she wasn’t talking to Jake after that, she was reading a magazine or trying to sleep. The first flight was a breeze.

The second flight was a smaller plane. And Owen woke up during the deboarding process of the first plane so he was a bit grumpy. So Owen as stuck on Jake’s lap. He didn’t like that very much but it was also way past his bedtime so after a slight fit, he fell asleep.

Adri tried to stay up since it was a quick flight to their final destination and she didn’t want to be groggy when they landed. Press would be there for Jake and she wanted to look fresh. She touched up her make up in the air and rubbed Jake’s knee.

They were almost there. “Do you want to get food and then hotel or get food at the hotel?” She asked. If you hand him over to me when get off, I can carry him to the car.” She offered but had a feeling he was t going to accept that when there plenty of not seven month pregnant men that could carry the weight of a toddler like most people held a sack of flour.

Jake smiled at Adri as she touched up her make up. "You're hot. How did I get so damn lucky?" He asked her and kissed her before she did her lips. His hand rubbed her leg. "Babies doing okay?" He asked softly.

"Uh, let's do hotel first. He's out. Maybe he will stay asleep. But that way we can get our bags to the hotel and go from there." He ran a hand through his hair. "No...one of the guys can take him. Or I'll hold him and they can get the bags. That may be the best plan." He told her.

As they landed, Jake did just that. He stayed ahold of Owen and grabbed his carry on, putting it on his shoulders and carrying Owen. The guys grabbed their bags for them, no questions asked. Jake held Adri's hand as they walked through the airport to the baggage claim. A lot of pictures were taken of them. It wasn't long before they were in their car and headed to the hotel. Most of the fighters were staying in the same couple hotels near each other.

They guys helped them get their bags up to their rooms before going to their own.

“Babies are okay. Moving a bit. Kicking a bit but everything is good.” She assured him. As if to prove a point one of them kicked his hand. “Just push them back.” She laughed.

“I can hold him. I can’t pick him up.” She argued but let him handle it. It wasn’t worth arguing over. She thanked the guys for getting their bags up to the room and kicked her heels off when they left. She sat on the bed and sighed happily.

“Oh man. I am going to sleep so well.” She laid back and rubbed her stomach. “What time is weigh in? Can I sleep in?” She asked.

“I have something to go check on in the afternoon, but it should be really quick.” She promised. She got up again so she could take a shower. She got on her knees to dig through her suitcase and pull out what she needed but she was in the middle of the room and didn’t have a wall to help her back up.

“Jake. Help me stand.” She held her hands out for him and got back up. “Fuck that’s getting harder and harder.” She said out of breath.

“If the menu isn’t in English let me know and I’ll translate for you. I need a shower though.”

Jake let Owen snuggle up to Adri on the drive to the hotel. Jake laid Owen down on the spare bed and put pillows around him so he wouldn't fall.

"Yeah it's ten. I have time after to get food then have the media panel." He told her. "I'm fucking gonna eat a big on breakfast full of carbs and protein!" He told her with a smile.

Jake walked over with a smile and held his hands out to her. His arms wrapped around her and kissed her deeply. "I love you....take your time in the shower."

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to wait till you get out?" He asked looking over the menu. "Babe? Do I want schnitzel or duck?"

“I love you too.” She smiled and kissed him back. “That’s the plan.” She agreed abiut taking her time in the shower.

She was about to step into the water when Jake asked what he wanted. She wrapped herself in the towel and robe and walked out. “Is it pork or veal?” She asked and walked over to the menu. She rubbed Jake’s back, “Get both, I’ll eat which ever one you don’t want. Use the tablet to order.” She pointed about at the top. He didn’t have to say anything, which was perfect. “Get the apple strudel too.” Her stomach growled at the thought.

She went back to the bathroom and took a nice long bd hot shower. She stood under the water for a long time and it rinse over her.

When she was done, she turned off the water and dried off. She put on her comfortable clothes and came back into the room. She could smell the food and her mouth watered.

“What did you pick?” She asked and walked over. If he picked the schnitzel, she wanted a bite before she ate the duck.

Jake looked at the menu and shrugged. He had no idea which it was. It said but not in English. "Okay. I can do that. Thanks baby. Sorry. Enjoy your shower." He smiled at her and ordered on the tablet.

While he waited for the food, he watched tv. They were covering the upcoming fight so he watched the coverage on that with the subtitles on. When the food arrived, he grabbed it and was surprised it didn't wake Owen up. Dude was tired.

"I figured we could split both. That way we both could try each." He smiled. "There's veggies too. And I got us both strudel. It's not like the Pilsbury though." He joked and chuckled. "The food is amazing babe." He nodded and pointed to the food.

Jake had taken off his shirt and gotten comfortable in shorts.

She sat on the couch next to him and watched TV for a second. She was more hungry than interested in what was on TV. Once he said she could have half of everything, she ate. The food in the plane was good but it wasn’t enough. She finished with the strudel and leaned back against the back of the couch.

“That was delicious.” She said softly. “Not as good as my grandmother’s but still good.” She yawned and stretched her legs out. She looked at her ankles and feet. They were slightly swollen but they’d go back to normal in the morning.

“Are you going to stay up for a bit?” She asked and looked at Owen. “I think it’s bedtime for us.” She patted her belly and smiled at Jake.

“You look good Boo. You’re going to great. I’m sorry we can’t go party after the fight but I do have something planned for you. I hope you like it.” She kissed his cheek and got off the couch so she could slide into bed.

Jake ate as he watched tv. He was definitely the favorite to win which he didn't know how he felt about that. Sometimes the underdog won and was a good story.

"It was very good." He smiled. "But I haven't have your grandma's to compare it to." Jake grinned. "But I hope to!" He rubbed her leg a little and looked at her feet too. He could tell they were swollen. "Want me to rub those before you go to bed?"

"I need to let my stomach settle a bit before I jump in bed." He told her and kissed her cheek. "Go ahead though."

Jake smiled at her and nodded. "It's okay. We don't have to party. Just being with you makes me happy." He kissed her softly before relaxing back to watch tv a little. He turned the volume down a bit so it wouldn't keep her awake.

He stayed up for only about an hour before finally turning the tv off and laying down in bed. His alarm went off at 8:30am Prague time. He shut it off, surprised Owen never woke up. Jake stretched and got up to shower. He made sure to put on clean underwear on for the weigh in. He put on his Venom sweats and shirt with his name on the back.Jake made sure he looked good for the camera's and media outlets. A lot of people would be there so it was important he looked good.

“After the fight.” She said about the foot rub.

The second her head hit the pillow she was out. She stayed out most of the night but did have to get up to use the bathroom once or twice. Every time she came back to bed, she was able to slip back to sleep with no issues.

When his alarm went off, she sat up too. She looked over at Owen and shook her head. “He had a big day yesterday.” She said softly got out of bed to make sure he was okay. She let him sleep for another thirty minutes. that gave her time to get her make up and hair done. She pulled out her clothes and his clothes too. She had to change his diaper and get him dressed so they could watch the weigh in. Plus she had to get him fed before hand.

When he did wake up, he only wanted mama and she did her best not to walk around with him in her arms too much, but she did have stuff she wanted to get done before they left, so more often than not, he was on her hip. She got fruit sent up for Owen to snack on, so she could get dressed.

“You look good babe.” Adri told him and went to the bathroom to put on her dress. She came out and showed Jake, “No baby.” She smiled and turned to the side so he could see her profile, “Baby.” She laughed.

Jake did his hair before having to give the bathroom up to Adri. When she came in, he smiled at her. "Thanks baby." He looked at her little 'trick' and laughed and rolled his eyes. "You're a goof." He rubbed her belly and leaned down to kiss it. "Hi babies."

"Is Owen finally awake?" He asked and peeked in at the couch where Owen was watching cartoons on his tablet. "Good Morning Owen!" He waved from the bathroom and smiled at him. Owen just looked at his dad and then went back to his cartoons. "I'm not as exciting as Bluey. Damn it."

Jake went into the bedroom and grabbed his matching Jordans to put on. The shoes matched his sweats and shirt. Jake stood and looked himself over in the mirror and even practiced his intimidation look and pose while Adri got ready. "Babe do you need me to get Owen dress or anything?"

“Nothing is as interesting as Bluey.” Adri corrected. She looked at Jake and tilted her head. She looked pregnant from the side and while they were in matching colors, she wasn’t representing Jake. She dug in his bag for one of his other shirts and put it in over her dress. The extra fabric helped to hide the bump.

“Yes, dress Owen. He’s already cleaned up, and clothes are on the bed.” Owen had a little shirt that match Jake’s and a pair of black pants. With his little Jordan’s he was ready to watch daddy fight.

Adri came out of the bathroom and saw Jake posing in the mirror. “You’re so scary.” She teased and walked over to give him a kiss before he shut down and got into his zone.

“We are ready when you are.”

Jake looked at Adri. "To you or him?!" He asked and raised an eyebrow. Jake looked her over. "Babe...you don't have to do that. Wear what you want. Look sexy." He kissed her cheek. Jake texted to make sure the car was ready for them when they were ready to go.

"O...come here bud. Let's get dressed." He grabbed the clothes and walked over to the couch and it was a fight to get him to put the tablet down to get dressed. The compromise was to watch while he got dressed. Jake attacked him with kisses which made Owen laugh. He went back to letting him watch until Owen was ready.

Jake kissed her back and smiled. "You think so?" He asked and grabbed his belt to take with him to weigh ins.

"I'm ready. The car should be downstairs already." He told her and grabbed his keys and wallet. Janice was in the hall waiting for them to go with them to the weigh ins to help watch Owen. They all headed down to car and to the facility that was holding the weigh ins.

Jake sat with his hand holding Adri's in the car. This was when the nerves started kicking in. His knee moved a bit during the drive. Janice was talking to Owen.

When they arrived at the facility, Janice got out holding Owen, Jake got out holding Adri's hand. They walked in together with camera's snapping their picture.

“To him obviously.” But she was known to get sucked into it too. It was a cute show. And the accents were nice to listen to. “I have to wear something to cover this.” She said and raised the shirt so he could see the belly. The shirt was just big enough and she bunched it at the bottom to help with the disguise.

She nodded her head, “So scary Boo.” She smacked his ass happily and called Owen over, so they could go downstairs.

Adri rubbed Jake’s knee on the drive over. Owen was watching Bluey on his tablet still so he was fine.

It was a quiet ride and a quiet walk back to his green room where he would stay until weigh in and then the interview after. There were cameras both taking pictures and recording. It was time for Adri, Owen and Janice to go to their seat. So Adri gave Jake her last little pep talk, kissed him, let Owen kiss him and then left him with his team.

Adri and Owen went to their seats and she ordered a pretzel for them to share.

Jake smiled at her belly. "Okay. If you need to. I just want you comfortable." He kissed her cheek.

When Adri went to take Owen to their seats, he gave him a kiss and fist bump. "Love you buddy. Keep mama out of trouble." He smiled at Adri and gave her a kiss. Jake went over to his team and moved around a bit getting a little nervous. Not that he was worried about the weigh in. But just more anxious to get the ball rolling on the whole fight. Being the main event and defending champ, he'd be the very last to get on the scale.

It was a good half hour before it was the time for the main event. It was a big hyped fight. Jake walked up on the stage. He stood there cool and collected as Pereira stripped down to get on the scale. He was at 190lbs. Jake wasn't surprised he was on the heavier end. He stripped down himself to his underwear and stepped on the scale. Pereira was trash talking the minute he got off the scale. Jake didn't listen to him. He weighed in at 186lbs. He got off the scale and went to face off against Pereira for the stare down and photo op for the UFC. "Your fiance is even hotter in person Daniels. Too bad for both of us she's more into models then fighters. I'm surprised you gave her a second chance after finding out she side stepped. When you lose...she'll be coming home with me." He grinned.

Dana looked at Jake to see if he'd need to step between them. Jake just smiled and didn't say a word.

"Got nothing to say, loser?!" He kept trying to push his buttons and nothing he said rattled Jake.

They were told to put fists up for a pose so they did but once Jake put them down, he leaned closer to Pereira. "Your win streak ends tomorrow motherfucker. Remember this face." He grinned and chuckled. "Remember this face as the one that kicked your ass!" He laughed and Pereira moved to punch him but security grabbed him. Jake shook his head and walked off the stage to his team.

Adri and Owen watched everybody weigh in. Owen cheered for everyone because he liked clapping. Adri tried to get him to cheer for one person and hoped that he would only cheer for daddy, but who knew what was happening in that little head.

She put him on her hip while Jake weighed in. He was excited to see his daddy so for the most part he cheered the loudest for Jake. She could tell by the shit eating grin on Dana’s face that Pereira was talking shit. And Jake talking back was also another sign. He usually smiled and held his hand out to shake. But talking back meant he was annoyed.

After that excitement, he was kind of over it and back into Bluey, so Adri set him down with his phone. Everyone sitting for the interview anyway. She put his headphones on because she was expecting some adult language that she didn’t want Owen to pick up on.

They had tables set up in a couple levels for all the fighters. Jake was up at the top in the corner. His opponent was a level below him. The media asked all the fighter questions about preparation for their fights and how they felt about it, etc. Jake just listened to the other fighters, being professional, drinking water.

Finally they asked Pereira how he felt about the upcoming fight. "I feel great. I get to be the one who gets to steal that belt from Jake."

"What has your training looked like to prepare?"

"It has been the same. He's no different then any of the other opponents I've had." He said with a grin.

Jake grabbed his mic. "Oh no...I'm unlike anyone you've fought. I'm a fucking champ. You may have a decent record, but you haven't fought me..."

A reporter commented that they both have had a decent winning streak and someone had to lose.

"And it's not going to be me. It's going to be the old man." Pereira told them.

"Look, I can sit here and shit talk all day. My record speaks for itself. You can run your mouth about me or my fiance. Say what you want. I'm still going to kick your ass. The more trash you talk the worst it normally is in the cage. So keep running your mouth. Ask fucking Bisping. He talked shit and I knocked his ass out." He shrugged. "I'll be laughing at your ass when I go home with my fiance and cash the check." He laughed and whispered that at least he was getting some ass. Jake didn't want that on record to get back to his son.

Pereira jumped up and tried getting to him and Jake just sat there laughing as other fighters pulled Pereira back. "Learn to control that temper or you won't get far in this profession." Jake told him.

Adri stayed for the first half of the interviews and then she had to go check on something and go get her grandparents from the train station and get them checked into their hotel room. Her assistant already got the room key, so it was a letter of picking them up. She left Owen and Janice at the interview, in the green room so they were away from the crowd and with Jake when he was finished.

She was excited to see them again since it had been years. Too long since she had seen them last. The car took her to the station and the driver went out to get them while Adri waited in the car. When she saw them walking up she got out and gave them both a big hug. The driver put their bags in the trunk, while her grandparents attacked her with questions and kisses.

They finally got in the car and drove to the hotel. There were tons of questions and the secret was out the second they hugged her, she was pregnant and they were happy because she was happy. They couldn’t wait to meet Jake and Owen.

When they got to the hotel, she gave them the room key and took them up to their room. She called Jake to see if they were back yet and took them up to her suite to meet them.

“How did the interview go?” She asked Jake with a kiss and then stepped out of the way. Owen ran up and Adri picked him up which was a no-no technically, but sometimes she couldn’t resist.

“These are my grandparents. Felix and Anna. Opa and Oma, don’t call them by their first names.” She kissed Owen’s cheek. “Can you say hi?” She asked and Owen smiled and got shy.

Her grandparents hugged Jake tight. There was some poking and prodding, her grandmother said he was too skinny. Her grandfather flexed his own muscles to compare to Jake. And the big secret about them that she was keeping was that they could both speak English. Their grandkids were American. They learned English a long time ago.

They couldn’t get enough of Owen though. And they had a bag of presents from sweets to toys and clothes. He was getting the full only child treatment. And once the presents came out he warmed up to them pretty well.

Adri took the t-shirt off while Jake and her grandfather spoke about his training and his diet and how he used to box in the past. It was very cute.

They were both surprised with how far along Adri was and touched her belly. The twins were moving around and she had to take a seat and relax.

“How about dinner tonight?” She asked. “There’s a place downstairs, or we can find something in the city.” She offered and rubbed her belly.

“Why don’t you tell the even better news. I’m obviously pregnant. Tell them the surprise.” She said meaning that there were two.

Jake did his individual interview before going to the green room to get Owen and Janice. He picked Owen up to head to the car to go back to their room at the hotel. Jake had nothing else planned until fight time the next day.

He let Owen down the minute they got back and got himself a protein shake. If he wasn't eating every so often, he was getting hungry. When Adri brought her grandparents up, he stood up to greet them he hugged her grandma and then went to shake her grandpa's hand but then hugged him instead. He said hello and thanks for coming before asking how their trip was all in German.

When they spoke in English, Jake looked at Adri. "You! You little liar!" He gave her a look but smiled.

Jake really liked her grandfather. Learning how he trained and his diet back in the day was so cool. He was surprised to hear he had watched some fights to get ready for the trip. Her grandfather even offered some good advice he could possibly use the next day.

He had Owen tell them thank you and tried to give them hugs but was still a little shy so he settled for high fives which made Owen smile.

"Wait you got a bun in the oven?!" He joked and smiled. "Well I was filming a show in LA. I called home to check on her and Owen and she was sick as a dog. So I come home. He's a handful when we are healthy...let alone sick. I make her go get checked out. Come to find out she was pregnant. But then the doctor mentions, "heartbeats". Plural. Heartbeats. We have two buns in the oven cooking!" Jake smiled proudly and rubbed her belly.

Adri laughed when Jake heard them speak English. “You did really good job though!” She told him and rubbed his back. “You had to learn it anyway. I gave you a reason.” She smiled.

Her grandmother’s eyebrows rose when he said two. She started thanking god and fawning over Adri. “That’s why you look so big.”

Adri frowned at that and rubbed her belly. “I’m not that big. I’m seven months. With two.” She argued.

“You should be bigger. You both need to be bigger. Who’s feeding you? They are not feeding you enough. He’s being fed well.” She said pointing at Owen.

“We are watching what we eat.” Adri explained. “He had a fight. I am within a healthy range. I still have to work when they are out. I don’t want to have to lose fifty pounds. I gained twenty pounds already. It’s terrifying.” She sighed.

Thankfully the talk went back to Jake’s fight and what to expect. Both grandparents were excited to see it. Which was new since his mom and her mom both hated to see him fight.

Back
Top Bottom