Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

Jake nodded to the plan. "Do they know you're pregnant?" He asked softly.

He shook his head. "Dana knows you don't want my face anything but perfect for pictures with the babies. And he knows I'm not going to miss it or you'd be knocking me out...he will understand if you can't travel." After thinking about whether or not he may get scheduled at the end of the year he gave her a nod. "Probably. Especially if I win in Prague. Defending champion brings in money. As long as he waits until after the babies are born, I can see it happening."

"Why? What are you thinking?" He asked her, leaning forward on his legs.

Owen found a little girl who he was playing with and having a blast.

“My grandparents?” She laughed and shook her head. “Nope. We can tell them in person.“ She said softly. “I don’t know how they are going to feel about that. They are in their eighties. The world was much different in….what the thirties.“ she shrugged her shoulder. “Let’s make sure they like you first and then we can tell them the good news.“ She said teasingly.

She nodded her head slowly understanding what he was saying. “Maybe Dana can approve helmet or face shields. I’ll talk to him about it.“ She smiled.

“I don’t want them to be scared of you.“ She said softly. “Owen didn’t know what to make of it when he first saw you all bruised up. And he wanted to touch you but he had to be gentle. There was a lot going on in that little head. And you get really sore after fights...I don’t know. Its things I knew I would have to deal with eventually. But you’re healthy and strong and you’ll stay that way. And no fight is going to keep you from changing a dirty diaper.“ She told him.

Jake chuckled. "Baby...I think your grandparents one were probably born in the thirties. Not married in the thirties. They'd be a hundred if they married in the thirties. And also, they are probably more like us than you think. They just didn't talk about it back then. I wouldn't be surprised if they had premarital sex."

He shook his head. "He will be older than what they will be. They won't be phased I'm sure. And maybe that's why I need to come home from training every so often to get them used to the bruises and bumps on daddy."

"I'm sore maybe a week. I'll be fine. I'll still help with them. You're not going to be doing it by yourself. I promise." He looked at her. "Are you really worried about that?"

“I kniw but still they grew up with those old world ideals.“ She told him. “They got married when they were nineteen. I really doubt they were having sex before marriage.they were old school Catholics.“

She frowned at that idea but he did have a point. It was part of his job and sometimes he would be bruised and injured. “Don’t go getting purposefully hurt at training, but yes. Maybe that would help them get used to what you could look and feel like.“ She agreed.

“I’m afraid if you getting hurt. I’m always afraid of you getting hurt.“ She said softly. “I like this face and body. I don’t like to see it injured. I bring it up every time and I know I sound like a broken record, but please do what you can to come out the same way you went in. Bruises and bumps are okay but I don’t want to see anything break. Especially if this fight is. Big on floor work.“

Jake raised an eyebrow. "You may be surprised. But still they married young. They understand how it is being in love. And crazy about the other person. You can't keep your hands off me as much as I can't with you." He smiled at her and chuckled. "You were having just as much fun at the cabin as I was... that was a fun day...I could tell them you came onto me." He teased with a grin.

"Our babies are gonna need to learn what our jobs are. And if I'm being completely honest. If I'm still doing this in ten years it will be a miracle. The fighters are getting younger. Not older. There isn't a lot of them going into their 40s still fighting. It will depend how my body holds up. And with wanting to do this as long as I can. I'll think about that if I get into a submission. I'm going to try to get out of it first." He rubbed her side with his arm around her.

"Adri I understand. And normally with another opponent I'd agree with you. But this guy has only has won by decision or knockouts. He's not submitted his opponent and won by that once. Even before he got into the UFC. He's lost by a rear naked choke. He wants to keep it standing up because he has zero defense to it. I have a higher chance of getting clocked by a punch, kick, or a flying knee. He likes flying knees. He's won a couple fights by it. I'm worried gonna be punching me and the ref calls it even though I'm fine. That's also happened."

“Don’t you dare. Wait you can’t.” She remembered. “I just won’t translate what you say.” She smiled.

“From the outside it looks like your body is fine. And I’d hate for you to wait until your body says no more fighting. I want to travel with you and have fun with you while you don’t have restrictions because of a fight. I want that McGregor and his wife life. Just live on a yacht and stuff.” She laughed.

“What are you thinking retirement wise?” She asked. “Another year or two? Do you want to go out on top as Champion? I want to be on the same page as you.” She said softly.

“Well I’m not going to tell you to kick him in the face.” She smiled. “What are you guys thinking for a finishing move? You think it’s going to be a long fight? To test your endurance?”

Jake grinned. "What do you think I'll learn first in German?" He chuckled. "Your granddaughter jumped me! She feisty in the bedroom!" He laughed. "Careful babe... you better be nice to me."

"Honey, you know he isn't retired right? He's more select with his fights. He took time off cause he broke his tibia his last fight." He explained, then maybe wondering if that was not the thing to tell him. "I'm not going to wait until I'm pushing a walker around to retire babe."

Jake looked at Adri a little shocked. "Two years?! That's soon." He thought it over a little and shrugged. "I don't want to put a time limit or frame on anything. I just to accomplish certain things. That's my goal. I'm still considering changing weight classes and trying to win that too. I think I'm fighting the best I have right now. I don't want to retire while I still have a lot to do. But I'm also happy with what I have accomplished if my body says I'm done. I'm done. The plan is to retire on top. I like the idea of being able to say no one took a title from me. I can defend this title a little. Then change weight classes. Win championship there and then defend it and retire."

He shook his head. "This team is different. No finish move. They say that's what you're thinking of and not focused on the moment. If you see a shot, take it. It's going to be hard to knock him out. So the goal is to try to tire him out on the ground. That's when he makes mistakes. But submit him on the ground is the plan. Trying to knock him out, is going to probably knock me out. He sees weak sides and takes advantage. I'm also working on strengthening my left side so I can switch stances and throw him off."

“Hopefully your pronunciation is so bad he won’t understand you.” She stuck her tongue at him and laughed.

She shrugged about Connor. “Same difference.”

She shook her head like she didn’t mean it, “I just threw it out there. You don’t have to retire in two years.” She told him. She nodded slowly to him changing weight classes and working his way up that way. “Are you allowed to have two titles or do you have to give one up to get another?” She asked. “You’re going up right? Who would you be fighting? But up just means more muscle. Right?” She asked and squeezed his arm. “Wait…that means more squats and booty.” She smiled. “You’re going to have to learn how to twerk with an ass that fat.” She teased. “I know quite a few people that would pay to watch something like that.”

“That’s good though. Keeps you focused on what’s important.” She said softly.

"I'll work on it so he can." He grinned at her. "He will learn real quick how his little granddaughter isn't so innocent." He narrowed his eyes at her but grinned.

"Conor did it. They call it Champ Champ. He had two weight classes simultaneously." He told her and looked her over. "Do you want me to retire soon? Be honest." He told her.

Jake thought about it and shrugged. "I'd have to go just a bit to hit light heavyweight. But if I go down, I'd be skinnier but more toned. I'd have to lose 15lbs. And it would have to be fat. If I go up, Ryan Bader is in that weight class. He's a cool dude though. I don't want to fight him. Jan Blachowicz, Glover Teixeira, Jiří "Denisa" Procházka , are some of the best in the class for light heavyweight. Randy Couture was in that weight class. If I go down, it's the welterweight. GSP was in that class. Now we have, Leon Edwards as champ, Kamaru Usman, Colby Covington. Those are the top ones right now. Light Heavy doesn't currently have a champ."

"But I have to change divisions or weight classes in the same year to hold both titles. I have to defend a title once a year or I will lose the title. That's how the Light Heavys don't have a champ. The champ changed weights and gave up his title. He doesn't plan on defending due to getting screwed on pay..." He said softly.

“Not really.” She said after think about it for a minute. “I know you enjoy it. And it’s not like you’re fighting every week. I think you have a good handle on what you can and cannot do. On your body’s health and everything. I’m just worried about brain damage in the long run. All these football players that had concussions and look at them now. You know? I want to enjoy my entire life with you.” She said softly.

“I think I’d prefer it if you went up. More muscle and more freedom to eat what you want. Ultimately, I’ll suppose whatever you want to do.” She smiled. “And I can get you bigger. I can really start cooking for you if you need to gain weight.”

She rubbed her lips together and thought it over. “When would you change? This year? After the fight? And are you going to get good pay for the switch?” She asked. “I guess a pay cut is okay with the under armor deal but I don’t want you fighting for Pennie’s either.”

"I'll continue to get tested and keep an eye on my mental and brain health. I know that's a worry for you as well as my mom. I'll walk away from fighting for that before some other things. That's not fair to you or the kids. They actually want to do tests and studies on fighters and their brain health. Maybe I'll be part of the test." He shrugged.

He nodded to moving up this year. "It's a possibility but not logical. It depends on my next fight and how I do. I need to defend my title at least twice. So next year makes more sense. I'll have to fight well and finish well cause then I'll start off fighting my way up. So next year could be a lot of fights. I may only have a month to train." He explained. "I won't change if you have a lot going on...If there's a fight you can't make...who's getting my Chipotle?!" He asked and chuckled. "I need to find out if Prague has Chipotle."

"If I'm being honest, Dana has been holding out when it comes to giving us what we deserve lately. A lot of guys are getting pissed. The second title fight should he a good pay check. A very good paycheck. With ppv and the purse. But who knows what he will offer. That's why Jones left. I'm not staying at Middle for pennies either. We put our bodies on the line. It needs to be worth it."

Owen's new little friend was following him around and at one point hugged Owen. "Uh oh mama..."

“That might be good for you and future fighters.” She said to the testing.

“I don’t think you’re getting chipotle after this fight.” She pouted playfully. “I really don’t think they have one Love. We will find a replacement or have someone fly in with it.” She laughed. “Or it can be our first stop when we come back.” Which was probably the best option.

“What are you going to do about that?” She asked. “how much are you getting for this fight? Are you allowed to negotiate?” She asked.

She watched Owen with a smile, “He’s a charmer. Just like his father.”

"I think it would be great. They talk about football players and the concussions but not as much with fighters."

He made a face. "That is disappointing. I'm gonna need to find the closest thing to it they have." He told her. "I need you on that."

"We can definitely negotiate. But Dana doesn't have to agree or give you fights. It's rough cause the PPV gets spread out among the entire fight card. But being champion I'll get the most of the salary base. And the biggest percentage of the PPV. So that night I'll be the highest paid fighter. Win or lose. Even more obviously if I win. But rumor is Reebok is fizzling out and they are going with Venum. Which allows us to go back to personalizing our stuff more again. We should be getting bonuses through Venum too in incentive pay. Before the bonus was 40 thousand for champs, I'm sure it's close. I have a manager to negotiate the salary and everything. This fight...5 million. Base. If I win it doubles. Thing is, we don't get near as much as NFL players. We go through intense training. And also put our bodies in danger each fight. Maybe not as often as NFL players. But in some regards our risks are similar if not worse."

He smiled as he watched Owen. "At least he's playing well with others."

“Excuse you sir! I am not your assistant anymore. You better get him on it.” She laughed and bumped his shoulder with hers. “I will see what I can find for you. They might not have anything. But I promise you’ll eat well when we visit my grandparents.”

She frowned and thought it over, “I wonder how much Dana is taking home. I’m allowed to bet on you right?” She asked curiously. She could put a hefty amount on Jake and get a lot of money back. That was dangerous though. She didn’t want to risk that. “I’ll put a hundred bucks on you.” She told him. That was safe and she was willing to lose it. “Maybe a grand.”

She watched Owen play with the little girl. She followed him everywhere and he let her follow along. When he did the stairs they held hands and held on to the rails, which was something he learned at home.

“He’s going to be a good big brother.” She said softly. When Owen ran back to them the little girl came too. Her parents came over to chat for a bit and seemed the slightest bit starstruck. They asked all the normal parent questions. How old is he? He’s so friendly. What’s his name? Can we do a play date?

Adri picked up Owen when he started trying to climb her leg. She was hesitant to give out her number to strangers because it could get out so she let Jake handle that one.

Owen laid his head in Adri’a shoulder and she rubbed his back. It was past nap time so it was time to go home.

He laughed and shrugged. "Honey this isn't a job for my assistant. It's a job I'm asking my fiance to do."

"I'll have to look into that. I'm not sure. I know I am not. But since we aren't married, you probably could. It would look better if you bet I'll win and not lose. Lose they may think I fixed it to get the money."

He chuckled. "My man has some moves. I wasn't holding hands down the stairs on the playground. Not this young anyway." He smiled as he watch them come over.

"A play date would be cool. Do you mind if we get your number?" He didn't want to explain why, if they were smart, they'd understand. "This isn't our normal park but we are willing to meet up here sometime so they can play."

"It was nice meet you guys. But it's time for him to take a nap and I have to get to work." He shook their hands and stood up and offered to take Owen to the car.

They didn’t argue about giving their number. So they would meet up one day in the future to let their kids play again. “Maybe hell get invited to his first birthday party.” Adri said excitedly. He’s had parties thrown for him but he’d never been a guest at one. She thought he’d love it. And she could get him dressed up in a cute outfit.

Adri tried to hand Owen over but when he was in Jake’s arms he kept reaching over for Adri and whining when she didn’t take him back. She didn’t want him to start screaming so she took him back. The car seat was on her side of the car anyway.

“It’s not spoiling. He’s two. And tired.” She told Jake before he could say anything about Owen being a brat. “You can get him out of the car and put him in his bed before you go to training.” She told him with a smile. That part was easier for him than it was for her.

"Yeah maybe. Maybe he just got his first little girlfriend." He chuckled.

Jake raised an eyebrow when she said it wasn't spoiling. "I didn't say a word..." He put his hands up. When they got to the car, he opened the door for Adri to get Owen in and then her door. He gave her a quick kiss before getting in on his side.

"Why do I have a feeling you both will be taking a nap while I train?" Jake asked as he pulled out to head to the house. "He will be out before get to the first light."

"This training session may be a long one today. I wouldn't wait to eat dinner or anything baby." He explained.

“I can only hold him for so long.” She added and rubbed Owen’s back. “He’s only going to be this little for so long. And he’s getting so tall already.” She pouted.

“We might. Don’t be jealous.” She smiled. “I have a couple meetings though, so I might have to hold off on nap time for myself. By the time I’m finished, he’ll be wide awake and ready for lunch.” She looked back at him and watched him fight his sleep.

“No problem. Have a good time. Or try too. We will stop by after lunch most likely. Watch you train for a bit and then go home. Do you need anything while we are out?” She asked.

"Yeah, before long the doctor won't let you keep picking him up. Then we may have an issue on our hands babe." He rubbed her back.

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "I'm not jealous. When I get home, I'll be ready to crash though. What time is your meetings?" He asked.

Jake thought about whether he needed anything. "Not necessarily. I don't know what you're thinking for dinner but I'm going to be starving probably. I'll need something high protein, maybe some carbs with veggies. I can make it or warm up something when I get home, I'm just not sure what we have at the house. We finished off the dinner last night."

Halfway through the drive, Owen was out, his face towards the middle of the truck, mouth wide open. Out. When they got home, Jake parked in the driveway since he was leaving again soon. He carefully unbuckled Owen from his carseat and picked him up carefully to carry inside. He took him to his room and laid him down before turning on his monitor.

“Hopefully by then he’s attached to you and not me.” She hoped. She loved him to death but it was difficult to get any work done when he wanted be held and rocked.

“One, and two.” She told him. “I’ll get dinner ready and you can heat it up when you get home. I’ll figure out something.” She told him so he wouldn’t have to worry about it. “You want a smoothie too or just real food? Are you thinking you’ll be home after he’s in bed or before? Will you be home before I’m in bed is the real question.” She joked.

When Jake came back down she gave him a kiss, “Thank you. We will see you when you get home. Kick some ass. You want an ice bath or will you do that at the gym?”

"Yeah hopefully. We should try to start breaking him soon though just to he safe and give us time." He told her.

Jake thought about it and shrugged. "If I want a smoothie, I'll text you. Something else for desert may be nice. My goal is to be here to get him into bed. Or at least kiss him good night." Jake didn't want to miss putting him to bed if he didn't have to.

He came down and wrapped his arms around her. "Actually one here may not be a bad idea. Then I can just relax after." Jake gave her a slow and passionate kiss. "You know...I have a little time..." He grinned at her and ran his hand up her back.

She made an upset face at that but understood why it might be time. With the twins it would be hard to juggle three babies that wanted to be held all the time. They were only little once though. So she wanted to hold on to it for as long as possible.

“I’ll keep him up an extra thirty minutes if I can if you aren’t home by bedtime.” She smiled. “Maybe you can read him a story of you aren’t too tired.”

She hugged him back and looked up at him, “I will get the ice.” She told him. They had the system set up in his gym bathroom. She just needed to get the water colder.

She kissed him back with a smile and put her arms on his shoulder, “Oh really?” She looked at her watch and she had a little time too. “Do you have enough time? I don’t want to get you in trouble for being late.” But if he wanted a more difficult workout, it could help.

It meant a lot that Adri would try to keep him up just so he could see him before he went to bed. He was gone a lot training so it was important to him and Owen that they got a little time before bed every night. Even when they were apart, he'd facetime before bed. "Thank you baby. I appreciate it. I'll come home and take care of him then soak and stuff."

He gave her a kiss. "Thanks baby. If you can't get it. I'll get it when I get home. By the time I get Owen down it should be good." The ice bath really did help with muscles and even anxiety and mind strength. "I may record it for the docu."

Jake pulled him a little closer. "I have time. And hell, if I'm late, they will just make me pay for it in training." He chuckled and shrugged before kissing and nipping at her neck. Jake picked her up to carry her to the couch. "Down here is safer so you don't wake your son up..." He grinned at her.

“I’ll get it no worries.” She smiled.

She moaned softly when he nipped at her neck. “Oh hush.” She said to his teasing and pulled him towards the couch. They could sit just yet because she was in jeans, very tight jeans that would need a lot of wiggling and maneuvering to get out of.

She managed to unbutton them but that’s all she could while keeping their lips together. “My pants are too tight.” She laughed between kisses. “And I’m pregnant, so you take them off.”

When he started to tug them down she heard a key in the door. She looked at Jake confused and the. Remembered Janice was coming to watch Owen while she was working.

“Bedroom.” She took his hand and rushed upstairs. By the time they got to the top, Janice was walking in.

“Owen’s asleep. I’ll be down in a minute.” She called out and barely heard an okay before she kept pulling Jake to the bedroom.

Jake felt it was a workout in itself trying to get the jeans off. "Why do you wear them this tight?!" He looked at her like she was insane.

When they heard the door, he looked at her just as confused and shrugged and shook his head because he had no one coming over. His dad would be at the hospital with Amy. Everyone would be at the hospital.

When she pulled him upstairs, he didn't protest and followed her up. Once in their room, he shut the door behind them and locked it. "Now you really have to be quiet baby..." He pulled her to the bed and pushed her back onto the bed. "Yay another attempt on these pants!" He chuckled and leaned down to kiss her. "At least you're worth it."

Back
Top Bottom