Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“I didn’t know he would be there when I was there. I should have thought it out but it happened so long ago I thought it would be like any other job.” She explained.

“I didn’t want to see him again. I didn’t not want to see him either. He was just some guy from the past. We could have been friends.” She tried to reason. “He’s married now. We are different people but we were talking on set. And set was closing up and we went to lunch because we were starving.”

She bit her lip now and shrugged her shoulder, “Because things were working the way they used too. Because I was afraid that it would be the straw that broke the camel’s back and that would be the end of us. And I wasn’t ready for that conversation.” She licked her lips and looked at his face, “And suddenly we had a bigger thing to worry about. I didn’t want to add that to the list.”

"Friends that you didn't wear your ring to lunch with looks really suspicious...." He told her but tried to just process everything. It was a lot to think about and process. Not to mention for them, it was harder because it was public. Their problems were public. So he had to deal with this in the right way or it could get complicated and very bad very quickly.

"You weren't ready for that conversation?" He asked not understanding. "But you thought we were over enough to kiss someone else?" He asked shaking his head. His hands rand over his face a few times before running up and through his hair. It got quiet after that for awhile on his end. He didn't know what else to say. Anger was setting in with the hurt and he didn't want to be nasty.

Jake got up. "I need to go work out...."

“That was because of work.” She argued and showed him her ring on her finger now. It was a rush to change and leave. The ring was in my purse where it was safe. I just didn’t put it on because I was rushing. That was an honest mistake. I always have it. And I put it on when we got our meal. I looked down noticed it was gone and out the ring back on.” She told him.

“I didn’t know what we were.” She said and wiped her eyes. “We were off it broken up but we just couldn’t stop fighting. We were tearing at each other constantly. When I finally felt wanted by someone…I acted brashly. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” She cried.

She took a deep breath when he got and reached out to grab his hand, “This can’t be the end please. It was a mistake I swear but it will never happen again.”

Jake could excuse the ring but it did look really bad to the media though. Not that the media matter but they did make it look differently. The ring was honestly the least of their concerns but it was hard to entirely trust her at the moment. It honestly made him question everything.

He finally looked at her when she mentioned finally feeling wanted by someone. That hurt. Even as she explained herself things she said hurt. "You finally felt wanted?! Adri that's all I've ever wanted was you! You were gone working all the time... And I just wanted to be with you..." He shook his head and looked away.

"Adri....I'm hurt and I'm angry. Really fucking angry. And I need to work through that before I explode. And I need to figure out what to say to you. Because right now I feel really fucking stupid. I don't know what hurts worse right now. My fiance lying to me or keeping this from me. Or seeing the photos of you two kissing all over the fucking internet. Or the fact that I was jealous of all your model coworkers because I was afraid of something happening...but then being told no it never would. So then when things come out I sit and tell our friend...that it has to be a lie cause you would never...." He shook his head and sighed. "Or the fact that on the trip you go on to find a dress for our wedding.... " He looked down as tears started to form in his eyes. "You go out to lunch with the one guy who you kissed while we were together and didn't find a problem with it at all or to even tell me about it. Makes me wonder what else you bother not telling me..."

She rubbed her temples, "I know that now. If I could turn back time it never would have happened. I never meant for it to happen. I was caught up in the emotions."

She listened to him, wanting to reach out and hug him but also not wanting to get pushed away. "I'm sorry." She said softly. She didn't know what else to say. She explained what happened to the best of her ability.

"I don't have any other secrets." She promised but didn't say anything more. He wanted to go work out so she would let him go. She didn't have a choice. She knew how he got when he was angry if he didn't release it on a punching bag, he would truly explode on the house or at her.

She'd never made him this upset before so she really didn't know what would happen next. The only thing she could think of to do was cook something. She had groceries in the fridge so she pulled out some veggies and meat and went at it.

Jake headed to their room to change. The house they had provided another room that they turned into a gym for Jake. It was nice now because being out in public wasn't the best idea for him.

He grabbed his earbuds and put them in as he walked go the gym. There was one of those weight machines that attach to the wall due to limited space, a treadmill, and a boxing bag. He sat on the bench and taped his hands up. He didn't even worry about putting gloves on. Rock and rap music played through his ear buds and he had it up loud to try to drown out the thoughts in his own head.

He stood up and started punching the bag. Jake kept punching and kicking the bag to let out some of his anger. He kept going until his arms felt like weights and he couldn't hardly lift them anymore. Then he got on the treadmill and ran. He started at a normal speed for him but then moved to a sprint. If he had a shirt on, it would have been soaked in sweat.

When he was done, he sat on the bench, staring at himself in the mirror. His eyes shifted down. The whole thing fucking hurt. Jake wasn't sure what was going to happen next. Things were going well for them and now he didn't know what came next.

He got up after awhile and went to shower. He put his music on the small Bluetooth speaker. Jake stood in the shower as the water ran over him. He cried a little and told himself he was gonna get it out in the shower and not do it again. He even let out a little yell/growl in anger.

After the shower, he dried off and got dressed in a pair of shorts and one of his cut off shirts before returning downstairs.

The silence and tension was weighing down heavily on her. Cooking wasn't helping. She thought it would distract her at least a little bit, but it was on the forefront of her brain. It's all she could think about.

She was broken from her thoughts when he phone started to ring. She looked at the screen and saw her father's profile image. She groaned but answered. "Hey dad." She said softly.

"I saw the news. Thought I'd check on you. Reporters are calling your mom and I, asking for a statement."

"No statements dad. Jake and I are working through it. We will release something when we know what is going to happen next." She said softly.

"Are you okay? He hasn't put his hands on you has he?" He asked slowly as if contemplating what he could or would do if he didn't like the answer.

"Dad…come on. No. He's upset. He's working out. He wouldn't do that." She told him.

"Where's Owen?" He inquired.

"He's at the park. We are the only two here. Please relax. We both know he wouldn't do anything to me or Owen."

There was a pause on the other line, "I think I'm going to come down. For a couple days. Just in case. I don't think you should be out there alone right now. Jealousy makes people do weird things and I didn't like the last phone call I got from him." He decided.

"Dad…" She started but rolled her eyes. "Fine. Come down. Nothing is happening or going to happen but fine. I'll send a car to pick you up." She said softly. They had plenty of rooms to have one more person. And it would be nice to have one person there for her.

Then she sent a text to the family chat including Alex, "Please don't release any comments about Jake and I. We will let you know anything that happens before the press."

Jake came down and into the kitchen. He put his drink from before back in the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water before heading to the living room.

Watching normal TV wasn't an option cause he didn't want to risk seeing the pictures pop up anymore than it already has. He turned on a DVRd show thinking that would be a safer option. He didn't really pay a lot of attention to it.

Jake didn't say anything to her. It was still processing in his brain. He was still really hurt and really mad.

“Are you hungry?” Adri asked after a few minutes of him sitting in silence and her stirring the vegetables in the skillet. She wasn’t hungry. She couldn’t even think of eating anything, but she cooked so someone should eat it. He was always ravenous after a workout.

“My publicist would like to know if you could turn off your comments on Instagram.“ She asked. “The comment section has gone from angry and mean to hateful and derogatory.“ She explained softly. “They’re ready to kill.“ Literally in some cases.

“Should I get a hotel for a bit? It might be easier for you to think if I’m not here. Dad is coming down to visit, apparently the media has been calling them for a statement. I told everyone on my side not to speak to the press. I don’t know if Andrew will listen but I tried.“ she said and felt herself wanting to fill the silence with more words but didn’t think he was listening. So she stayed quiet for a bit until the sikence was too much and she went back to the kitchen.

"No." He told her simply to being hungry. Eating wasn't an option right now. His stomach couldn't handle it and honestly he didn't even want to try to eat.

When she mentioned her publicist wanting to shut his comment off, he grabbed his phone and shut them off on all of his accounts for the time being. He didn't even want to look at the DMs.

"Your father is coming?" He asked confused. "Your father but not your mother? Why?" When things would happen, her mother would typically come not her father. Something was off. Something different. "What's going on?" He asked not sure he was ready for any new surprises.

“Thank you.” She said when he picked up his phone and she assumed turned his comments off.

“She doesn’t want to come.” Adri said softly. If anyone in her family absolutely loved Jake is was her mother. The fact that Adri acted carelessly and potentially ruined a good thing made her mother sick and now she was black listed.

“He wanted to come and I didn’t want to argue with him. He wants to be here just in case.” She explained since she wanted to tell the truth. It wasn’t a truth Jake would want to hear. That was for sure.

Jake nodded. It was something she screwed up and she'd have to deal with it but she didn't need people blasting her right now on his page or hers. He was upset but he still loved her. That's why it hurt so much.

He was confused. "Just in case of what?" The fact her father didn't trust him that he may hurt Adri would hurt him just as much as what Adri did. Jake was abused growing up so the fact that father would even question him in that manner would crush him. That thought would never even cross Jake's mind. It didn't matter what Adri did, he would never...

Jake got on his phone and texted Nick. Maybe it would be best if he and Owen just stayed there, especially if her father had zero trust in him. Is he really that kind of monster? He only hit Adri once time and it was during a nightmare and he had no idea what was happening. He felt awful about it and went to therapy right away. And his nightmares were gone or rare now and they both learned how to handle that situation.

"I'm going to let Janice know she can bring Owen back."

“I’m case I have to leave my son and go home. In case my family breaks apart for decision I made years ago. In case I have to figure out what my life is going to be like with three kids on my own. He’s coming just in case.” She said and started to get emotional but swallowed it down. she was angry at the situation and felt immense guilt. And she didn’t know what to do to make it better.

“I can tell him not to come.” She said and picked up her phone. “It’s fine.” She typed out a quick text and sent it to her dad.

“I’ll get a hotel. You need a break and I can’t stay here with your dad. It’s fine.” If the tables were turned Jake wouldn’t be staying here with Owen. He’d be at the hotel. She fucked up. She can leave. She barely unpacked anyway. It would be an easy move. She booked a room for the night and with no Liam, she had the pleasure of fighting off paparazzi as she walked through the doors later on.

Jake shook his head. "Adri, I don't mind if he comes. It's just different then any other fight or situation in the past with us. I was confused."

Jake thought for a minute and ran a hand through his hair. "First of all, regardless of what happens with you and I, you're not raising the kids alone. Do we have a lot to work through? Hell yeah. Do I want us to end....no. Do I entirely trust you right now...no. Am I hurting and angry, hell yes."

"Nick said Owen and I can stay with him. It makes sense for work anyway. No one is going to get attacked with photos or questions. It will only be a day or two...just stay here. It's going to look really bad you going to a hotel alone."

He got up to go pack, "Janice is bringing our son back..." He told her before heading to his room to pack a few things for himself and Owen for a couple days. He will have Janice come by Nick's in the morning for Owen and she could even take him back to Adri in the morning and watch him at their house.

When he came back down with the bags, he placed them in his truck and came back in to wait for Owen. "You know, you've apologized, a couple times and honestly I appreciate that. But not once have you told me you love me. Or you still want to marry me. I think maybe you should call our therapist. I'll be calling my own in the morning..."

“Everything I do is going to look bad. I have to go to a job tomorrow and it’s going to look bad. It doesn’t matter how it looks to them. I don’t care about them. Owen just got settled here. I don’t want him bouncing around. It’s easier for me to leave.” She pushed but let it go when he went upstairs to pack.

“Jake that kiss was years ago. You couldn’t possibly think that one kiss from back then would change anything I feel today.” She couldn’t say it now. Not after he accused her of not feeling it because she didn’t say it. It was tainted. He wouldn’t believe it after he called her out.

“You know I love you. You know I want to spend the rest of my life with you. It was a mistake from years ago. I haven’t thought of or spoken to him since then we did the job and went to lunch. I didn’t even touch him at lunch. We just sat and ate and went our separate ways. We talked about you and Owen and his wife. I showed him sketches of the dress because I was excited. That’s it.” She told him.

When she heard the front door open and she got up. Owen ran through the door and straight to her legs. She picked him up and peppered him with kisses.

“Hi My Baby. You’re going to go see Uncle Nick!” She said excitedly and he smiled. “Yes. And you’re going to give him a hard time right?” She kissed his cheeks again. “Give mama a hug.” She held him tight for a little longer than normal and kissed his forehead. “Be good for daddy. I love you.” She said softly and set him down. He ran to Jake and held his hands up to get picked up.

Jake looked down as she explained the kiss was long ago but it still hurt. "Adri, I don't know what to think right now if I'm being honest." He shook his head and spoke softly. "I was jealous of all these models being so close to you and in these seductive poses and in hardly any clothes at all. And I was told I was being ridiculous...then you kiss someone...someone you hardly knew..." He looked down and just thought a bit.

"You didn't know if you wanted to be a mother at the time. I understood that. I can't help but wonder now if you really want this family. You weren't happy about being pregnant cause of your career. I was second to your career. Or at least that how it feels..."

"We are supposed to be getting married this year. And have twins. I feel like my entire world and future just blew up in my face." He looked at her. "I don't know what repeats in my head that photo or you saying 'it felt nice' and you 'finally felt wanted.' Now I wonder if I'm enough. Or if this family is enough..."

When Owen came in he turned around a second and cleared his throat to let it seem like nothing was wrong. He didn't need to know anything was wrong. "Hey buddy." Jake smiled at him and picked him up. "You ready to go see Uncle Nick?"

He told Janice the plan to get him in the morning. Owen waved at Adri. "Wove you mama!" Jake looked at Adri, he couldn't quite say he loved her. It hurt too much but his look on his face said but he needed to keep it together for Owen. They headed out to the car and got to his truck and drove to Nick's for the night.

She frowned at him and thought it out for a moment. "When have I not been happy about being pregnant? I'm in shock. I was told I may not have kids and now I'm having two at once. Sorry if I wasn't glitter and rainbows. It's a lot to process when you're the one carrying them. When all of your choices can determine a successful or unsuccessful pregnancy." She couldn't talk about the pregnancy right now without getting angry. He wasn't going to question something she didn't think would happen. His fertility was never in question. He had proof of his fertility walking around.

"You act like I'm saying that about right now. That was back then. That was two years ago!" She argued over him.

She felt her breath catch in her throat and blew Owen a kiss. "I love you Baby." She couldn't look at him beyond blowing him the kiss. It felt way to much like a real good bye and she couldn't face it.

When the door closed, it took her a long time to breath normally. She felt the panic attack building and it finally came out when they left. It was quiet except for what Jake left on the TV. She turned it off and went to the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle of wine and spun it on the counter. Of course she couldn't drink it so opened it and smelled it and poured it down the sink.

She took a bubble bath and waited for the day to end or for this nightmare to be over.

She picked up her phone and scrolled through instagram. She read comments on posts and couldn't stop. They were hateful and mean but she couldn't stop. She felt like she deserved to be yelled at and criticized. The death threats were a bit much, but she read those too. Afterwards she felt like there was only one thing Jake could say that would be worst than that. She was called every name in the book. And these people didn't know half of the story.

At least the scandal provided a good reason to step back from everything. She didn’t delete anything but she removed her pages from public viewing.

Jake sighed. "You jumped straight to worry about your career. And how it would effect your work. What was I supposed to think?" He asked softly.

"So this happened two years ago so I should just act like it doesn't hurt? So if I kissed someone two years ago then it wouldn't be a big deal?" He asked. "Do not try to tell me what I'm feeling right now isn't valid...I'm allowed to feel hurt and angry." He told her trying not to get to upset while they talked.

Jake and Owen to Nick's. Nick played with Owen and tried to help Jake keep his mind off things. But it didn't work.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked. "I take it there's a little truth to it? Otherwise you wouldn't be here...."

He shook his head after waiting a moment. "The media is making it worse than it is. But it's not my story to tell. It happened years ago is all I'm going to say and it's not a thing anymore." He explained.

That night after Owen was down, he also looked at the comments and it just made him mad. People didn't know their story or relationship. They probably should make a joint statement at some point. Jake just needed to work through his emotions first.

The night was long and restless. The next morning Jake got up and called his therapist for an appointment later that day and then got Owen up and ready for Janice. They all ate a healthy breakfast before Nick and Jake headed to work.

“Because you don’t have to worry about your career. This doesn’t effect you at all until their born.” She told him. Anything she had lined up for later in the year needed to be pulled forward before she started to show. Before she got too big for sample sizes. Things she couldn’t control were happening to her body which directly tied in to her career. Yes, she was worried about. If she don’t work, she didn’t get paid. She was worried about a lot of things.

The only reason Adri got any sleep was because she was constantly tired now. As much as she wanted to stay in bed and curl up under the plush covers, she did have a job to do and she had to be there early.

She changed into some athletic wear and went downstairs to make breakfast. It was more food than one person needed but she ate some pancakes and bacon and watched the local news. When Owen came to the house she was happy to see him and bring some life back into the house. She picked him up and gave him a hug and kiss. She was going to feed him until she learned he already ate so she let him go play.

“I left the dress for the place I will be at on the table. I should be back around three.” She told Janice. “You can take him back to Nick’s whenever.” She said and kissed Owen goodbye before setting off.

Thankfully she was going to a private residence in the hills. So she didn’t have to worry about cameras. Some super popular YouTuber was going to do her makeup and as long as they stayed off the topic of Jake, she was happy to sit and let her do her thing.

After that she had to go to her manager’s office and figure things out public image and workwise. Make sure no one dropped her for the scandal before she could go home.

There was no major damage. there were a couple partnerships that wanted both her and Jake but with that up in the air they went another direction. Anything she had lined up needed to be adjusted as well because time was ticking and she was only getting bigger. Plus the busier she was, the less she had to be alone in that house she was renting.

She would have to fly to New York and out of the country once or twice but she was able to make the necessary changes and then go on an extended vacation.

She had to put out a statement to stop the speculation and set some truths straight. She wrote out what happened and what was photographed on a notepad. She condemned the hateful remarks and let everyone know she wasn’t sure what would happen next but whatever happened she would put what was best for Owen first and make coparenting work for him. She finished it off with another apology to Jake, told him she loved him and signed her name at the bottom.

Her manager took a picture of the letter and emailed it to the appropriate headliners and posted it to his Twitter and Instagram account ssince Adri disabled all of hers.

It was about six when she left his office. She made a stop at the drug store for a pint of ice cream and went home to take a bubble bath, eat her ice cream, and go to bed.

It was awkward on set with some of the crew but most of them were pretty good about it and acted like nothing had happened yesterday. It was a day of filming gym and fighting scenes so it was helpful.

During a break, Nick let him spar with him for a bit to keep his mind off of everything. It was nice of him. After the day of filming, he showered in his trailer and headed to his Nick's to do a therapy session virtually. His therapist was in Vegas.

Jake explained what was going on bit figured the therapist probably already heard. He told him what Adri told him.

Andre called Adri in the middle of her pint and they had a serious heart to heart while Adri soaked and cried. He was much easier to talk to than her parents and he was always a fatherly figure to her since he was almost twenty years older than her.

By the end of their chat she knew she had to let Jake figure out what he wanted. She knew she didn’t want to lose her family. But most of all she loved Jake and didn’t want to lose him. He made her a better person.

She also knew it wasn’t the end of the world if things didn’t work out. Not only did she have her parents to help but she had all of her brothers. Even Andrew even though he was annoying and they didn’t always see eye to eye.

It was nice talking to him but she missed Jake and Owen. Even a day apart was too much.

Jake's therapist gave him a way to express his thoughts and feelings in confidence and not feel like he was wrong for feeling that way. And he didn't feel embarrassed talking about the feelings either. It was a good session and he honestly felt better for it.

After he was done, he wanted to get take out but didn't want to risk being out in public. Instead, he called Amy and filled them in on what was going on. Amy would have come to LA but with her being about ready to pop, there was no way she should or could travel. Truth was, Jake didn't really want her to but appreciated the thought. She also made him feel better by talking to her.

When he got back to Nick's, Owen was happy to see him but he kept saying 'mama' and 'home.' So Jake thanked Nick and headed back to their LA place. Once they got back, he opened the door from the garage into the house and let Owen walk in. "Go find her. Call for her."

Owen walked around, 'Mama! Mama!! MAMA!" He looked for her and Max come running to him, happy that his boy was home. Jake grabbed their bags and headed inside. "Did you find her?"

Adri got out of the tub and sat on the bed in her robe. Her hair was wet so she couldn’t sleep yet, but she finished her ice cream. Which made her stomach hurt in a new way because she hadn’t eaten much for the day. And gorging on dairy wasn’t the best choice.

She went to the kitchen to toss the container in the trash and the spoon in the sink. She was on her way upstairs when she heard Owen yelling for her. At first she thought it was her mind playing tricks on her but she heard him running around too so she followed his voice to the living.

He ran to her legs and hugged her knees and she bent down to hug and kiss him. “Hi buddy.” She smiled and rubbed the back of his head. “I missed you.” She told him and tickled his neck and sides. “I’m sorry I didn’t see you today.”

Max walked over and gave them both kisses. His massive tail whacking into everything now that his family was reunited. She stood up and picked him up.

It was nice to have them back but she didn’t know where they stood yet. Or how long they’d be here.

Jake came in and couldn't help but smile seeing Adri and Owen together. Owen loved his mother. And Adri was a great mom. A really great mom. "He got back to Nick's after I got done with my therapy session, and kept saying your name and home. So I figured he wanted to come home. Plus...our bed is better than Nick's guest bedroom."

He missed Adri as well but wasn't sure if he was just ready to admit that yet. "I'll unpack and then get him put down. Do you have to work tomorrow?" He asked, not remember his own schedule half the time.

Jake took their bags upstairs and unpacked their clothes bags but left his work bag packed because he would need that again in a couple days. He had two days off. When he was done unpacking, he came down but Owen only wanted Adri. She was gone in NY for a few days then again the night prior and most of the day. Owen only wanted cuddles from mom and wasn't entirely ready to go to sleep, just yet.

“I have a meeting in the afternoon with a company that would co-own my makeup line. It just discussions on what I want and what I need to make it happen. A couple hours.” She said softly.

She tried to set Owen down but when she tried he wouldn’t put his feet down. When she sat him on his butt he started to whine so she picked him back up and sat with him on the couch.

“I have to dry my hair. And get my pajamas on.” She told him. “And you need pajamas. Do you want to wear the pirate PJ’s or the doggy ones?” She asked trying to get him excited about bed.

He laid his head on her chest but every time she said he was tired he would sit back up and smile. When Jake came down they both looked at him. “He is going to help me dry my hair and then we are going to put on pajamas and go to bed. Right O?” She asked and he nodded.

“I’ve got him tonight. You can have the bed.”

Back
Top Bottom