Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

He chuckled and made a face. "What?! What else is there to watch at 3am? Nothing. That's when the Skin'amax shows are on." He shrugged.

He nodded. "That would be cool if we all could be in Vogue. It could be a fun shoot. Honestly, they would want to jump on that. They'd have you and me in an issue...it would sell a lot of copies. That's for sure. And they'd want to jump on it before anyone else gets to us first." He explained.

He shook his head to have ever been to Disney. "I never have been. Is this a week long thing? Do have a hotel to stay in or how do we do this." Jake made a face. "Excuse me. Dilfs of Disney?! That's a thing? How do you know it's a thing? And you said I'm a dirty old man?! I don't think so...."

“It would have to be an October or November release. By then the babies will be born and I will feel more comfortable with people knowing.” She said softly but it sounded like a good idea to her. The five of them on Vogue.

Adri raised her eyebrows and smiled nice and wide. “First time for three, yeah. It’s going to be about a four day adventure. We need a day focused on meeting characters and some baby rides and then we can leave Owen with the nanny and we can go eat and ride the bigger rides with your dad and then more family fun for day three and four. We have to do shopping and stuff too. It’ll be great. I’ll find a person to plan it all for us.” She kissed his cheek excitedly.

“Of course it’s a thing! Have you seen yourself pushing a stroller? Now just put that image in Disneyland and my god. You’re like the cover boy for the page.” She smiled. “The world knows how lucky I am. Shit, your crazy ass female fans know how lucky I am.” She laughed.

He nodded. "That's true. Especially if we don't want anyone really knowing about them until after they are born." Jake explained. "I'm fine with a later issue. They would have to agree to not run it till later."

Jake liked the idea of them having time with Owen and then the adults going and having fun together then a family time together as well. "I could go for that. I'm not sure if dad's big on rides or not. That's not something we've discussed or ever remembered..." He shrugged. "I guess we will have to find out."

He made a face at Adri. "Whats so amazing about me pushing a stroller?" He asked not getting it. "Damn right you're lucky..." He told her and kissed her softly with a smile.

"What parks at Disney are we going to?"

"They're Disney rides so they won't be too intense at Disneyland. We won't have Owen when we go tot he Adventure Park. That's more roller coasters and stuff. I'll get us the VIP treatment so we can skip lines and have security. Maybe we should invite Liam and his daughter. Give him a couple days off to stay with his daughter." She said softly.

"You're so cute." She said and rubbed his cheek. "We are going to Disneyland, California Adventure Park, maybe Downtown Disney. It would be nice to take Owen to the zoo in San Diego too. That's a couple hours drive though." She shrugged her shoulder.

"We have time to do the zoo. It doesn't have to be with the Disney trip at all." She smiled excitedly.

"Is there anything you want to do when we are in California? Before I get too big?" She asked him.

"You can't ride any of the rides being pregnant can you?" He nodded. "I love the idea of having Liam bring his daughter. I think that would be very nice. They could have a good time." Jake liked Liam and his daughter was a good time. They took good care of their employees and Liam protected his family, it was the least they could do for them."

"Id love to go to San Francisco and to see the sights." He suggested. "Also, I wouldn't mind hitting some of the National Parks. But that's not something we have to do right now. But it's always been something I've wanted to see and do."

"We did a lot of stuff in LA when you were there before. Owen would probably like Lego Land. Hell I'd like Lego Land." He smiled and kissed Adri's cheek. "I do want to go to Bodie State Park. It's a ghost town. What else do you want to do?"

Adri paused and pouted, "No. I can't can I? Well the baby ones I can. Right? There's not much to that." She said and rubbed her belly. It wasn't worth the risk. "Well you and Owen can ride and I'll watch and buy the pictures." She smiled. "It'll be fun." She told him with a smile."

She nodded her head to San Francisco and National Parks. That would be fun and educational for Owen. A lot of driving but Owen did well in cars, so that shouldn't be an issue.

"You're such a big kid. Do you want to go to Six Flags too? I'll take you and Nick. You guys ride the rollercoasters and I'll eat all the giant pretzels I can fit in my mouth." She smiled.

"I do like ghost towns. Can we dress Owen up like a little cowboy and take pictures?" She asked. "For Halloween?, "Which was months away. "It would be adorable! It's not fair I only get to dress him up once a year when he's cute and tiny like this for a limited time. And he'd look so fricken cute."

He shook his head. "Do we want to wait babe? Until you can ride things? I'd hate for you to go and not be able to ride much." His hand rubbed her leg as they sat together. He gave her a small kiss. "I am sure there are plenty of shows and other things to do. You can eat all the fun food. Fuck..." Jake put his head back against the couch. "If I have a fight, I'm going to be in training mode and can't eat everything." He looked like someone just stole his puppy. "If you don't want to wait, can we go sooner than later so I can at least work it off as soon as we are back?" He chuckled. "I've heard about the food....baby I gotta try the food."

Jake thought about Six Flags. "Yeah. That would be fun. They have a lot more adult rides right?"

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "I don't care. Go for it. Dress him up. Hell you can dress up. I don't care." He chuckled. "What do you want to do in LA? I feel like maybe your doctor could give us some recommendations for doctors in LA just in case. Or do you not feel comfortable going to anyone else?"

"I'm thinking about calling Dana. Let him know I'm needing a fight in the next...three months. Fourish tops. But with the wedding and then the babies." He looked at Adri. "It's so weird to say babies...plural.. Plural Adriana." His eyes go wide with excitement. "Baby you get to go shopping and buy two of everything. That's like right up your alley." He chuckled. "But uh, it would be ideal for a fight in Vegas...it's closer and you wouldn't have to travel...But an overseas could be fun. It just has to be before you can't travel. I'm not doing a far location if you're too far along. I need to be close in case you go into labor if it's later on. I'm not missing my babies being born...." He played with Adri's hand. "Plus, I couldn't and would never let you do it alone."

Adri smiled, "I can eat all of the fun food." They would both have to suffer. "No let's go while he's young. He most likely can't ride any rides besides the little ones, like Small World. I want him to Mickey while he's in love with Mickey's Playhouse." She said to
Jake.

"Owen and I will be down there late this week. You let me know when you have a week off and I'll schedule our Disney trip." She promised. "My big baby." She pinched his cheek and kissed it.

"I will definitely have an LA doctor just in case." She said. "As far as what I want to do…shop. And shop some more." She smiled. "Are you going to take me shopping? Let me run up your card. Spend all your money." She teased.

She laughed at how excited he was getting. "It's too bad we don't know what they are yet. Or if do some baby shopping while we are in LA. But I guess I can start decorating the nursery." She smiled.

"You can fight where ever you feel comfortable babe. You know I'll be there. If I can't be with you physically, then emotionally and spiritually, I'll definitely be there." She promised. "And if you're away for some reason and I am close to birth, I will try my absolute best to keep them in." She smiled.

She knew he almost missed out on Owen being born. She was in New York and on a plane home when he came, so she missed out on it. She wanted Jake to be there for sure. They would make it happen.

"Call Dana. Let's figure out when he needs you to fight and where. Out of the country would be fun, but it's up to him." She shrugged. "Is he still doing Fuck it Fridays?" She asked. "His chef made this donut cinnamon roll one time. I dream about it. It looked so good."

She rubbed the back of Jake's neck, "What do you think about home birth? Beyoncé did it with Blue Ivy. I'm the Beyoncé of the house. It's the best way to keep our privacy." She said softly. "Our tub is big enough for a water birth. I've heard how invasive hospitals can be with the monitors beeping, nurses coming in at all hours. I'd rather be here. And did you see how much they charged for skin time with Owen? Not that I'm worried about cost but I'd rather be home."

Jake agreed that she could eat all the food she wanted at Disney. "We will be eating a lot of food babe." He wiggled his eyebrows. "I can't wait. Like I've heard people rave about this food." He nodded about Owen meeting Mickey. "I'm sure he will like that. He knows every single episode and dances to every song."

"I"ll check my schedule and let you know. It may be a couple weeks before I have an entire week off. But sounds fun babe."

Jake felt it was a great idea to have an LA doctor, just in case they needed it. Hopefully they only needed it for check ups and such. He rolled his eyes when she mentioned shopping and using his card. "We will just go back to when you were my assistant since you used my card without my knowledge..." He gave her a look. "Look, if it's for the baby...go for it. With in reason Adriana." He raised an eyebrow at her. "Do you want to know what we are having? We could have a fun reveal when it's time."

It was a bit hard for him to think of the possibility that she could miss his fight. Since he hired her, she never missed a fight. Even when they were having problems, she was there. He got quiet a minute as he thought about what that would be like. It would fuck with his head. He'd need to work through that so it didn't mess with his ability to win. "Do you think Luke could face time you from the corner if you can't make it?" He asked half kidding but also serious. Jake wondered if there was a rule against that. It would be his wife not another trainer...

He chuckled and kissed her deeply. "I love you. But baby...you can't duct tape them. If they are coming, they are coming." He chuckled.

"I think he is. I haven't heard for sure. You never made that for me..." He pouted a little.

He looked in her eyes as she talked about a home birth. A smile formed when he mentioned she was basically Beyonce. "Baby, if it makes you feel better and more comfortable to be here and do a home birth. I'm fine with that. Whatever you want. I just worry cause if they need extra care like Owen...but we know his condition was different so that hopefully won't be an issue. But I've heard of those water births and a lot of people like them. Other celebrities have done them."

“So it’s for how I look when I’m carry the babies?” She thought aloud and smiled at him. “Don’t worry. I can spend my own money. We have plenty to share for my spending habits.”

She shrugged her shoulder, “I like the idea of it being a surprise. But at the same time I do want to know. Knowing my mom had boys first, grandma had a boy first. It makes me feel like it might be boys, but I don’t know. I’ll be happy no matter what as long as they healthy.” She said and patted her belly.

“Awe! Baby. I’ll be there for you. No matter what. Your fans might come after me if I kiss a fight and you lose. Hell, some of them already come after me for even touching you. We will figure something out.” She promised. “A picture, a phone call, FaceTime. Something. I’ll be there. I’ll send my dad with a life size poster of me if I have too.” She chuckled.

“We live thirty minutes from headquarters. Drop by on a Friday and go at it. Bring me a cinnamon roll when you leave.” She laughed.

“I’ll start looking into it then. Get a doula and work out a birth plan. I think a calm and peaceful home birth will be best for me.” She told him. “But I will need you if I do that. We will do birth classes and you need to learn how to rub my back and stay strong enough to carry me to the tub if you have too.” She smiled.

Jake chuckled and shook his head. He wasn't even going to argue with her. If she wanted to spend a bit of money on herself, really he didn't care.

"Well and with Owen being boy. Honey you're doomed for boys. Soo sorry." He kissed her cheek.

Jake chuckled. "Some of my fans do hate you but just because they wish they were you. Others they support us both." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

He rolled his eyes at her mentioning him staying strong enough to carry her. "I'll be there babe. To carry you. Rub your back. Whatever you need. It may be nice too cause Owen could maybe stay here with the nanny. Your mom could come. If you want her there. Or whoever you may want."

She stuck her tongue out at him. “I’ll be happy with all my boys if that’s what has to happen.” She smiled. “You’re the one that’s going to be hurting if we keep having to try for a girl.” She warned.

“Mostly female. A few males though. Have you seen my DMs after you post a picture of us? Or your comments? When they find out I’m pregnant they’re really going to attack.” She said softly.

“I wonder what Max will do. We might have to give them to your dad until the babies are here.” She said and shrugged her shoulder. Max didn’t like seeing Owen in pain and probably wouldn’t do well with Adri going through labor. They could introduce the dogs to the babies a few days afterward.

“Owen should be there. Not to watch but be in the house. Be amount the first to meet his siblings.”

"They will definitely be mama's boys. Look at Owen. He loves you." He smiled proud and lovingly at her. "Half the time he only wants Max and his mama."

He chuckled and shook his head. "No I've never looked into your DMs. Now I want to." He smiled. "Some night we should share comments. I get attacked about you too. I'm too ugly for you. You need a model. I'm too poor. Etc."

Jake made a face. "Yeah I'm not sure what he will do. But he knew right away that Owen was HIS human. Maybe he will do the same with the twins. But until they are here and settled, probably best they aren't here. Unless Max stays with Owen." He shrugged.

"I like the idea of him being the first to meet them. And here being a home birth, skin on skin time will be easier. I can walk around in shorts if I want. They frowned at that in the hospital."

“You should. It’s creepy sometimes.” She scrunched her face. “I need a model huh? No I don’t think I can handle the melodrama.” She shook her head.

“There’s no guarantee that he will stay with O. So he’s gotta go to your dad’s only for a few days. We can keep him away from Owen for that long. But…I hate to say it, maybe Owen should go with your dad too?” She asked. “I won’t be up and about for a few days twins is going to be a new challenge for us. Twins and toddler right away might be really difficult. If he’s with your dad for a few days while we learn what it’s like to have two crying newborns, it would help.” She explained.

“He can come around during the day. He just sleeps at grandpa’s house at night. He will know we still love him. I’ve heard presents from the new baby helps. I don’t know what they should give him though. We bring Owen back and find out what it’s like to have three babies in diapers. We have got to get him potty trained.”

“Is that too much on your dad?” She asked.

"It will probably just piss me off though and I'm surprised you haven't punched more people." He smiled at her.

Jake was a little hesitant about sending Owen away. "I don't know if it would be too much for him. I just...I don't know. I don't want Owen feeling slighted by us shipping him to my dad's. Maybe we could ask his pediatrician for advice or even your doctor. I'm sure they handle pregnancies with couples having toddlers."

"Yes LA will be potty training camp."

“I would not survive in prison, Love. I can refrain from punching most stupid people. Some people have a very punchable face.” She shrugged. “And kickable.” She smiled

“Maybe just have your dad stay with us. Or the nanny. Both, maybe. It’s hard to mess up if there is four of us here. Four against three. I like those odds.” She said nervously.

“Love you Boo.” She said softly. And slide off his lap to lay on the couch with her feet in his lap so they could watch TV and possible take a nap before Owen woke up.

He looked her over. "Yeah. But you do look good in orange. But more Denver Broncos orange than jumpsuit orange."

"Thats an option. We can wait till closer too. We have time to figure it out."

"I love you..." They watched TV for awhile until Owen woke up. Jake spent the next couple days with his family until it was time to go back to LA.

He was packed up and saying his byes. Jake had been giving Adri lots of kisses cause he was going to miss her and Owen. Owen got tickles and hugs and kisses. He told him he had to go work with Uncle Nick. Owen kept saying "Nick?Where's Nick?" Jake kept telling him that they'd be having a good time soon enough together in LA.

Jake even said bye to the dogs before heading out to the airport. He flew back to get back to work. It was nice that the entire family was coming out to join him. It was rough being apart.

It took a more time than expected for Adri and Owen to make their way to LA. Getting security to watch the house while they were gone, donating the food that was uncooked to a soup kitchen, finding a house in LA for them to stay at and still being a little sick put a damper on things. It was about two week later when Adri, John, Owen and the dogs made the big road trip.

Owen was a champ and since they had the dog and had to stop a few times anyway, he didn't mind the drive. He liked pointing at the cars, watching his videos or sleeping. Grandpa John was a huge help in keeping him happy too.

When they did arrive, Adri and Jake had to go sign the contract for the house and get the keys. She did the grocery shopping online and it would be dropped off later that night.

Owen settled into the LA life pretty quickly. He liked walking the dogs along the beach and pointing at the seagulls. They even ate some ice cream on the boardwalk and watched some bodybuilders pose and work out.

With John and the nanny there, Adri felt comfortable leaving Owen alone in the new place. Jake was working weird hours, so she really wanted to make sure he was comfortable before she went to work and get her dress measured and whatnot.

The week she spent in New York, partially with her mother, was a frenzy. She knew what designer she wanted to work with and she watched him sketch out her dream dress. He took her measurements and she got to try on some of his samples to get a feel for how some fabrics laid and looked on the body.

Her mother went home after that part and she stayed a few more days to do a fragrance campaign for Dior Blue. She did the campaign when she first started and they were refreshing the scent, adding a line and wanted to remarket. It was fun when she first did the campaign and it ended up being more fun working with the same model years later to remarket. They got to catch up and learn all the wild things they have been up to and learn how quickly life changed in just a couple years. They clicked then and they clicked again like they never spent time away.

Adri was on the plane home to LA when TMZ broke the news on Instagram. 'UFC's favorite couple in trouble?' The tagline and headline read with a picture of Adri and the model, Chris Tracks sitting a cafe laughing. A circle with a zoomed in picture of Adri hand showed she wasn't wearing a ring. Plus the road trip to LA to supposedly drop off Owen to his father and the clean out of their house made it all look worse. But the most damning part of the click to view article was the images of her and Chris from years ago laughing, flirting, dancing and kissing both at work and at a club when she and Jake were at their lowest point.

It wasn't until well after Adri landed and saw her mentions blowing up and texts and phone calls from friends a managers that she got a hint something was going on. Since Jake was at work, John and Owen were picking her up and she didn't have a chance to see what the fuss was about.

When she saw John waiting for her, she tried to read him to see if he was upset but he looked annoyed more than anything. She picked up Owen and gave him a kiss and gave John a somewhat awkward hug.

"Is Jake okay? My phone is blowing up." She asked John and they walked out to the car. Paparazzi swarmed with endless questions and she covered Owen's face as she made her way through them.

They kept asking the same question though, "Are you and Jake still together? Where is your ring? Is it true you cheated with Chris Tracks?" She knew better to comment on anything but when they got Owen buckled in and started driving she looked at John.

"What the hell are they talking about?" She asked with her heart pounding in her chest. But the radio cut in at the right time and let her know everything she needed to know.

"Fuck me." She said softly, but loud enough for Owen to learn a new bad word.

Jake was happy to have everyone in LA. Owen seemed to really like it. It was fun for him to spend time on the beach. He could easily be a LA beach buff.

Jake had his dad and the nanny helping him with Owen while he worked and Adri was in NY. Owen did spend a couple days on set with daddy too. But it was good that Jake had planned on Owen going with his dad to get Adri from the airport.

When the story broke out on TMZ he was on set and his phone started blowing up. But it was the crew of the show that had it on during a break that he first saw the photos. He felt like he could throw up. It couldn't be real though. Or if it was, it had to be that the timeline was off. She would never do that. Not while they were together. But not wanting to speak on it, he kept his mouth shut and tried to finish his day of work.

Nick tried to talk to him but didn't know what to say. To Nick though, he could be honest. "She'd never do that. Not while we are together. I don't believe it." He shook his head.

He was tired of his phone going off so he silenced it and only allowed incoming communications from Amy, his dad and the nanny. Everything else went straight to voice-mail.

John looked back at Owen when he said the f word and shook his head no. He didn't know what to say nor did he feel it was his place to say much of anything. He drove them all home quietly. It was definitely awkward.

Jake finished his work day and drove home. He didn't know what to say or what to think. When he got home, he couldn't help but keep looking at the photos. The photos that were everywhere. He didn't understand why she didn't have her ring on or even if they did have a fling at some point why she would meet with him again without her ring.

Eventually he grabbed his stuff and headed inside.

The tension in Adri’s stomach grew and grew u til she saw Jake’s car pull I got he driveway and then she felt like she was going to be sick. She didn’t know what to say or how to explain it. She was wrong and knew it but TMZ made it so much more than what it was. How did she reasonably explain that?

On top of that Owen kept saying his new favorite word and she had no way of making him stop. Some sources said ignore and he would stop. Some said to explain that wasn’t a nice word and he should stop using it. He was two years old, he didn’t really know the difference between nice and not nice. So she tried ignoring it.

When Jake came into the door Owen ran for him. Adri stood against the wall and watched while biting her lip. It was already understood in the house that Owen would go to the park for an hour or two while Adri and Jake spoke. It was just waiting for Jake to show he was ready to listen.

Adri saw her whole world in front of her and mistakes from the past coming to destroy it. She should have told him earlier but it would have ended them. She didn’t think it would come back. Not like this.

Jake walked in and saw Owen. "Hey buddy!" He put his bag down and picked Owen up, who then said his new favorite word and phrase that mommy taught him. Jake closed his eyes a moment and normally would have looked at Adri with a look because he was sure that's where he had said it. He didn't know what was going on at all so he just let it go as well and honestly, couldn't entirely look at Adri. He didn't know why, especially since he was expecting it to be a big misunderstanding that the media twisted around. "Did you have fun with Pawpaw?" He gave him a hug and a kiss before letting him down.

He went to the fridge to grab a drink. It was a bit of a test or a feeler maybe to see what she did/said when he came in. It was hard for him not to feel hurt or a bit angry, but he tried like hell to give her a chance to explain before he got too upset about the situation. He felt like he owed her that much. But then his mind took over a little. What if it was true? What if she did kiss him back then? What if she did cheat? But she wouldn't do that. Right?

Once he grabbed his drink, he shut the door and debated going to shower or just seeing what she had to say. Hell why prolong pulling off the band aid.

She watched him get a drink and kept biting her tongue. She looked at Janice who looked away. Adri dug her own grave, she would have to fill it in before she fell in. She opened her mouth to say something but she didn’t know where to start.

“Jake….I…” She sighed and felt the tears pool in her eyes. “It’s not all true.” She told him and felt a year slide down her cheek. “I swear I never slept with him. Ever. Those pictures are old.” She took a deep breath and rubbed her forehead.

“Can you take Owen please?” She asked Janice and John stood up when she moved forward.

“I think we are all going to go to the park.” John announced. “Just text me when you’re ready.” He told Jake. He gave Adri a sympathetic look and grabbed the stroller.

She waited until they left and moved to the couch. “Can we just talk? I can explain everything. I just need to know where to start.”

He leaned against the counter as she began saying it was all true. What did that even mean? It wasn't all true. It did make him feel a little better that they didn't sleep together but the fact that some of it was true still stung and his heart sank a bit. She was upset and not saying it was all a lie... When she talked to Janice, he looked away running his thumb over his lips and still couldn't entirely look at Adri.

Jake walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. "The beginning is typically a good place to start. And I really...." He sighed and it took him a minute to say the rest as his fingers played with the arm of the couch. "...I really suggest it's the truth." He spoke softly.

He had left his drink on the counter in the kitchen, not even wanting anything now or even sure if he could drink anything.

The beginning…years ago. She hugged a pillow in her lap and bit her tongue again. “I…We…I.” She frowned and started again.

“I was tired of fighting.” She said softly. “It felt like that was all we were doing. Every time we spoke it just ended in a fight. It didn’t feel like couples counseling was helping. We were at our worst.” She said but that wasn’t a good excuse. She was trying to excuse it.

“I was at work in New York and Chris and I hit it off. We were both new to the game. This was huge job for the both of us. I don’t know how to explain it. He flirted with me and it felt nice. And I flirted back. He invited me out to a club and we were dancing. Drinking. I can’t remember if I made the move or if he made the move, but we kissed.” She swallowed hard and glanced at him before looking at the couch again.

“It felt nice but it didn’t mean anything. And I felt so guilty after. But I didn’t think it would happen again. And it didn’t happen again. He was the only guy I have ever kissed besides you.” She promised. “I didn’t think it would ever get out. And right after we started working. Talking things through and making it work and I never thought about him again. I never thought about anyone again.”

As she started to explain their rough patch he sighed a little and adjust on the couch. His arm closest to her, crossed his his chest a bit and touch his other arm where his hand had reach up to his to play with his lips. She couldn't be blaming this on him or their rough patch right?

Jake looked away from her when she mentioned flirting with this guy and even going dancing and kissing the guy. That hurt. It was like she thought they were already over so she decided to have some fun with some fucking model. It hurt and then he was getting angry. Really angry. But he let her talk and explain herself. He blinked a little bit when she mentioned it felt nice. What did that even mean?

"Until now?" He asked, clearly pissed and hurt in his voice. "You knew you were doing the job with him.... " He shook his head a little. "Make that make sense to me...Or did..." He shook his head and couldn't even say the rest of his question.

"Why did you keep it from me?" He asked softly as he looked down staring at the floor.

Back
Top Bottom