Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"You better. I'll hold you to it."

He laughed and covered his face with his hand as he laughed. "Cake? I have cake back there?! I only have an ass cause I've done a lot of squats and deadlifts. You have a nice butt. A better one than me."

Jake just looked at her. "Excuse me? You did what when you were my assistant?! I'm calling my card companies now to get new cards. My account has been compromised. Someone stole my information..." He shook his head. "Just when you think you can trust someone you find out what they do behind your back..."

"Are we almost ready to head to the park?"

“I like your butt better. It’s like a punching bag. Firm.” She said and used her hands to show him what she meant by firm, by squeezing her hand into a fist.

“Ha! You said go get yourself something nice countless time and you know what? I did. I got my nails done. I got my hair done. And every time you would say, there’s something different about you.” She chuckled. “Yeah, I got something nice for myself.” She stuck her tongue out.

“And I still do from time to time.” She admitted. “I’m saving up for a castle.”

“I’ll put some pants on and we can go.” She said and went upstairs. She kept it casual with a ballcap, a graphic t-shirt and some biker shorts and gym shoes. She grabbed Owen some clothes she didn’t mind him getting dirty in and went downstairs to get him dressed. He liked to put his clothes on by himself so she let him try which took about ten minutes to get his clothes right way around and shoes on the right feet.

"Well I like your butt better so there. Yours is definitely sexier." He smiled a goofy smile at her.

He just kept looking at her and blinking a lot. "Nails and hair are expensive." He shook his head. "You do it now?! Oh for your castle. Of course. The castle. Well then..."

Jake just watched Owen try to get dressed and smiled and tried not to laugh cause he was trying so hard but it was funny. It was just adorable. He put his shoes on and even went to the bathroom while he waited for him to get it figured out. "Note to self...for school, he needs up earlier if he's dressing himself. Are you ready buddy? What should we do at the park first?" He asked getting him out to the car and into the carseat.

They headed off to the park, Jake had a hat on backwards, sunglasses, a shirt he had cut off the sleeves and shorts.

“They are.” Adri agreed with a smile. “You never specified an amount.” She chuckled and shrugged her shoulder. “I could stop. But it’ll take me longer to get to my castle. And I think I’ve more than paid back a few trips to the salon.” She whispered in his ear.

When they got to the park, Adri got Owen out of the car and held his hand as they walked to the gate. Once they were in the gate, she let him run free and the first thing on his agenda was the slide. He knew just how to get there too.

There were some other kids playing around. Most a couple years older. Adri kept an eye on Owen and watched him go for the little slide, instead of the big tube slide.

Jake couldn't help but smile and shook his head. "You and your castle. Sometimes I wonder if you love me or a castle more." He teased.

Once Owen let go of Adri's hand and ran off to the slide, he grabbed Adri's hand. "He is such a daredevil. Straight for the slides." He smiled as he watched Owen.

"Are you nervous?" He asked. "Telling our parents?" He found a bench to sit with her but was close to Owen to keep an eye on him. "I'm a little nervous to be honest. But an excited nervous." Jake pressed his lips against her shoulder. "Have I told you lately that I love you?"

“You for now. Since I don’t have my castle yet.” She teased back and kissed his temple.

“He loves the slide. And the swing. I usually do the swing last to get him to sleep.”

She nodded her head to being nervous. “A little. I always had a plan. School, marriage and then baby. I didn’t go to school. I’m not married but I have two babies in the way. I know I’ve done other great things and we are engaged but I didn’t think this would happen. I feel like they are already a little disappointed that I didn’t go to college and in just tacking on another thing.” She said softly and sighed.

“They’ll never say it. And they love will us all regardless. But I can feel it. And I hate it.”

She smiled at Jake, “I love you too. More than you know. And more than any castle in the world.” She said and squeezed his hand.

"I'll have to remember that trick. Swing last to get him to sleep. What's the trick to get you to sleep?" Jake teased her with a grin.

He nodded as she explained her plan and how her plan didn't happen the way she expected it to. How she didn't go to college and now have two babies on the way. "But babe...you're proof you don't have to go to college...I didn't go to college either. I'm not married and hell I'm on to kid number three. But I came from shit and now have millions. Fuck college. Fuck marriage. I love you and put more effort into our relationship than some people have in their marriages and are miserable with each other. We don't have to be what people think is the model lifestyle."

He sighed. "But...I get it. Your parents already cared growing up. It's a big deal disappointing them. Me...well I disappointed my mom on a daily and my dad wasn't around."

Jake watched Owen and squeezed her hand. "I'm sorry... I guess we should have been more careful. And if you want to be married before the babies come...we can bump up the end if you want."

“A foot massage and a back rub.” She smiled.

“I know. But…I don’t know. I know we are giving Owen and these guys the best life we can, but I don’t want them thinking they shouldn’t go to college. They should, right? We should want them too?” She asked Jake and shrugged her shoulder. She didn’t know how this worked.

She raised her eyebrows at getting married earlier than planned. It was an option. “I think…I think it’s more important for you to meet Opa and Oma. Before I get too big. Before anything happens. We have to go. And if I’m scared of telling anyone, it’s them. It’s definitely them.” She chuckled.

"Oh okay. I'll remember that. I can take care of mama and rub those feet and back. As long as they don't stink." He teased and grinned at her playfully.

Jake nodded a little. "I guess we should... but why? Encourage it. But don't tell them that's the only option. There's the military. A trade. We need welders, electricians, and other trades too. They can be successful and not go to college..." He told her.

He thought about it. "When I get a break from filming...let's go. We can bump it up too. Your Opa is gonna want to fight me anyways so may as well get that over with." He chuckled.

“You’re the one that gets stinky.” Adri said and bumped his shoulder. She heard Owen laughing and watched him slide down the little slide again.

“And I will support them if that’s what they want to do.” She said softly. “It’s hard enough watching you fight. I can’t imagine seeing my son or daughter fighting in a ring like you. I’ll support them as much as I support you, maybe even more, but the thought is terrifying. And Owen loves to wrestle, your fault.” She said pointedly.

“I can see him following your foot steps and beating your record.” She smiled. “But that sweet little face. I don’t want anything to happen to it. No broken noses, no fake teeth, no broken bones.” She sighed. “Thinking about his future makes me nervous.”

She smiled and shook her head, “That’s why we are using Owen as your line of defense. He can’t fight you if you are holding baby.” She told him. “They’re going to fatten you up. Both of you. I can’t wait for you to meet them. They’re going to love you.”

"Honey it's not me you smell. It's Owen." He chuckled.

Jake shook his head. "I don't know babe. I don't think he would be a fighter. A movie star or model. Maybe. When a camera is out, he finds it and is a ham. He gets that from his mother." He gave her a look.

"I could see him being a trainer. Or training K9 movie stars. I mean Max is already trained to do anything the kid wants." He kissed her shoulder. "Our babies will be okay...they have strong parents to look up to. And worse case forbid them to follow in our footsteps." He smiled.

He moved hair from her face. "Just when I think I have this all figured out you go and ruin it." He said softly and joking a bit. "I thought we were in a good place finally and now you're all worried again. And I hate...literally hate, that I can just make it all better for you. And with you as my future wife. I want to do that. I want to take that pain away. Or that guilt or disappointment or whatever bad feelings you have babe." He wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm going need to ask your Opa for some legit marriage advice. He's got it figured out..." He smiled. "Note to self, never put Owen down. Got it. I'm excited to meet them both." Jake watched Owen as he ran and laughed before running up to him and grabbing Jake's hand. "Daddy daddy." He points to the slide.

Jake looked at Adri. "I love you. I'm going to go wear him out." He gave her a quick kiss before getting up and letting Owen pull him to the slide. He ran and climbed with him. Jake was like another big kid playing.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly. She knew this was supposed to be a nice day at the park with Jake and Owen but she couldn’t control her thoughts and worries about the future. She couldn’t control the future.

She watched Owen run around happily and saw him come running up with a big toothy smile. She nodded her head and let Jake go so he could play with his son.

They were utterly adorable and perfect.

When Owen got bored of the slide, he wanted to attempt the monkey bars, but his arms were still too short and he only successfully did them with Jakes support and assistance. Meaning Jake had to swing him to every bar until he got to the end.

Then he came running up to Adri but not to play. He told her and pointed at the bars and using what he could of English and the made up language all babies created he spoke. Then clear as day as if he was used to saying the word he asked, “Starbar?” And smiled sweetly.

Which made Adri give Jake a guilty smile before responding, “Starbucks was our secret.” She said and tickled his chin. “How about the swing? Daddy will push you.” She offered. Owen looked at Jake and took the distraction and hopefully would fall asleep but Adri could go for a Starbucks too, so she wouldn’t be too upset if he didn’t sleep.

Jake shook his head. "It's okay babe..." He kissed her a head.

Jake held Owen so he could do the monkey bars. "We need to work on your upper body strength little man." He tickled him and then followed him over to Adri.

Jake listened and made a face at Adri. "Ohh? Starbucks huh? What do you get him at Starbucks?" He crossed his arms pretending to be angry and gave Owen a look but smiling. "Do you and mommy have coffee dates?"

Jake went to push him in the swing. He picked him up and put him and pushed him. Owen was laughing and having a blast. Jake loved it.

He figured he'd tone down his excitement about the babies for now until she seemed not so stressed about it. He didn't need things more stressful for her.

When Owen was done swinging, he picked him up and carried him over to Adri. "I think someone is ready..."

“He gets water with dehydrated strawberries. Isn’t that right?” She asked Owen who nodded. “And sometimes a cake pop.” She added quietly and smiled at Jake.

Adri held her arms out to Owen and switched to her. With his legs wrapped around her waist he laid his head on her shoulder. “He’ll fall asleep on the car ride. He never lasts long.” She said and bounced him and rubbed his back. She got him in his car seat and kissed his forehead and then got in the passenger seat.

“I think we have everything we need for dinner. So we can head home if you want. Unless you want to go to Starbucks…” she smirked and wiggled her eyebrows.

It wasn't the worst thing to have him drink but then she added the cake pop and he made a face. She knew he shouldn't eat it but it was something they started and he wasn't going to give her a hard time about it. It was nice they had started a little tradition.

"Of course. We can't break the routine now can we?" He asked her after they got in. "If he falls asleep he can have it later. I'll watch him." He told her.

On their drive, he was quiet but played it off as if he was listening to the radio. When he got into the Starbucks line, he asked what she wanted.

Part of him wondered if maybe they should tell her parents first. What if they weren't excited. It was making him wonder "what if" and second guess things. His hand ran through his hair.

“Every so often. Not all the time.” Adri said about the cake pop. She didn’t like giving him sweet all the time either.

“Pink drink with lemonade.” Adri said softly and tried to think of what she ate today. She was going to have to be more aware of that now. Eating for three. “And a croissant.” Not that that was a balanced meal but it was better than nothing.

“How have you been sleeping?” She asked and rubbed the back of his hand. “No more nightmares?” He slept through last night, at least from what she could remember he did. He was doing well when he left too. He seemed to be doing better from the outside.

"It shouldn't hurt anything if it's every once in awhile. He's a kid. If we didn't do it, our parents would." He reasoned.

Jake looked confused. "What is a pink drink? Isn't that the lemonade?" He asked and looked for it on the menu. Jake was glad she was willing to eat but wasn't going to say anything. She didn't need a lecture from him. He was there to be supportive, whatever that meant. He ordered their order as well as a fruit smoothie for himself.

"Yeah I've been sleeping okay. Work and filming has kept me tired enough. Therapy is helping. I'm alright. I have slept better being home than in LA. But there is a lot to factor in that." He told her. "I won't let it be a problem." He promised her about the nightmares.

“It’s a pink drink. Like strawberry juice and coconut milk, usually. I like it better without coconut milk and with lemonade instead. I don’t know what’s in it. Its pretty and it taste good.” She explained.

“It wasn’t a problem.” She started and bite her tongue. He did wake up from a nightmare in a fight stance. That was a problem but it happened once. And it was her fault for scaring him awake.

“That’s good. Right? Are you working through things well?” She asked, but wasn’t sure if she should. “We don’t have to talk about it.” She added. “I shouldn’t have asked. I know. I just want to make sure you’re okay.” She rubbed the back of his hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

“Do you want to do anything before we start cooking?” She asked. “Any shows you want to catch up on? Or you can tell me all the hot gossip you learned partying in LA.” She smiled.

When they got up to order, Jake ordered everyone's drink and her croissant. "Sounds interesting. I'm excited to see what it looks like." He told her and then when he got it handed to him, he examined it and handed it to her. "I'm not even sure I'd try that..."

Jake shook his hand. "It's fine. I don't mind you asking. It is...alright. I've made some progress. Still have a lot to work through. The dreams are a lot better so that's good." He took a drink of his smoothie as he sped off to head home.

"Umm...yeah I don't know a lot of gossip. Nick may. I'd rather watch something or work on my lines. I think I can handle the food on the grill. I appreciate it though."

“Good.” She said softly and sipped on her drink. She looked back at Owen but he was out. He could have his strawberry water later. Adri bit into her croissant and chewed it slowly.

“It was a joke, Boo.” She told him and sighed softly. “I’ll look for a house while you grill.” She told him.

“Are..” She started and shook her head. She didn’t want to ask a question, she didn’t want the answer too.

“When we get to LA, there are things I’m going to have to get done quickly. Finding a dress, getting it fitted, I don’t know what else. I’ll call Amber,” the nanny, “to come down and watch him while you’re working. But if I want a dress ready by the wedding, I have to get it now.” She told him.

“It won’t be long, maybe half a week. I have to get measurements and design plans and stuff.”

"Nick probably knows the gossip though. Half the people I don't even know..." He chuckled. "Okay. Sounds like a plan."

He glanced at her as she started but stopped. "What?"

"Alright. I'm sure she will be fine coming and taking care of him. I'm sure dad will also offer...We will do what we gotta do." He told her.

They got home, and Jake carried Owen in and up to his room before returning downstairs grabbing his script and sitting down.

“Nothing.” She smiled reassuringly. “I was going to ask if you were more interested in a house in the hills or an apartment in the city. But I think we can’t really be choosers right now. I will find what’s available and present the best options.” She told him.

Adri grabbed her laptop and sat on the couch while Jake read his script. There were websites she could go to, that she used when she was Jake assistant that helped find private houses and apartment for celebrities that needed long term but no permanent housing. Usually opened by other celebrities that wouldn’t be there for a while but wanted the house to be lived in. LA was full of places they could use but it was a matter of finding one that was available immediately.

“I found a good one.” She said suddenly after an hour and a half of searching. She had actually found a few good ones but this one was perfect.

Calabasas. 4 bedrooms. 5 bathrooms. Pool, jacuzzi, nice big yard. No gym though.”She smiled. “A little in the pricier side but that is LA and you can probably get the studio to pay for some of it.”

“It’ll probably be around twenty a month once we figure in taxes, utilities, and cleaning.” She told him. “But it’s only for a couple months. It’s available now and it’s fully furnished and believe it or not, it’s one of the lower priced homes.”

Last edited:
Jake looked at her find. It was a nice place for them to spend a few months. It would be better than a hotel or staying with Nick. He nodded at her. "It's nice. I like it. I do like the outside area. Kitchen is decent. I'll have to find a gym. Which isn't a problem."

"Owen will like the yard and pool." He told her. "And dogs are okay to be there?" He asked her. "I can ask the studio about living allowance. I think they do give something. For a couple months we can afford it regardless." He told her.

"Go ahead and contact them. We don't want to lose out cause we waited." He told her. "Good find babe."

At Jake’s approval, Adri sent in the bid for the house.

With that done, she did the other important work of getting an appointment with her designer for a wedding dress. She needed him to take her measurements, draft her a sketch and then go off and find fabric for what she wanted. She was hoping they could get a muslin mock-up made and fitted so when it came time for the real dress, and she was heavily pregnant, it wouldn’t be a problem.

She also put in for a trainer in LA. She would have to stay in tip top shape. She needed her body to snap into place right after the twins were born. A big ask, but with the right nutritionist and trainer anything was possible. And if all else failed she was marrying a UFC fighter, he had to know some way to post weight quickly.

She looked at the croissant wrapper she finished a couple hours ago and bit her tongue. “I’m going to go hop on the treadmill for a bit.” She told Jake and kissed his cheek. “I want ten pages memorized before I get back. I’ll test you.” She teased about the script in his hands.

While she did all of her work, he worked on his lines and even worked though some of the blocking and direction in the script. After a little bit, he checked his phone and sent an email to Dana. He needed a fight and it needed to be sooner than later to be out of the way of the wedding.

Jake looked at Adri confused when she mentioned going to hop on the treadmill. "You felt like death the other day and now you want to go jump on the treadmill. Why?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Are you okay? I don't want you over doing anything. You both were sick."

"I have my scenes already down. You can test me anytime you want. Why not do that instead of the treadmill."

Back
Top Bottom