Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

“I know. But I feel better. A little better. I kept food down today and last night. It’s not like I’m running a marathon. I can walk and jog a few miles while Owen is asleep.” It was true she did feel better than she had, mostly thanks to sleep. But she hadn’t been working out like she usually did because of being sick. And that would only lead to gaining weight. And she was so slothful during the holidays. It was all coming back to her now. She hadn’t stepped on a scale in months. She was going to have to report to Victoria’s Secret eventually, maybe she could do that while she was in New York too.

She looked at his script and then at him. Running lines wasn’t going to help her burn calories. She picked up the script and flipped through it, more of curiosity than trying to help.

“Do you like it?” She asked. “Acting? Being someone different? Are you going to be the next Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson or Batista?” She asked him.

Help him run lines now and treadmill later. As long as she got a solid work out in she would be fine. “Where you do want to start?” She asked and handed him the script. “We can go to the gym or move stuff around in here if you want.”

Jake watched her a moment. She was sort of avoiding part of the question. He was slowly putting it together and he couldn't help but sigh. Part of him wanted him to tell her, this may be the only time she's pregnant and just enjoy it... Don't worry about other people or work...But that wasn't Adri. She wanted a career. But he didn't understand why she didn't think she could be a mom and have a career. Chances were, he probably never would understand.

But to keep the peace he let it go. "Yeah. I like acting. I like telling a story. I honestly don't see myself getting any other roles except for a fighter. And is it really acting?" He asked and shrugged.

"We don't need to move stuff if we are just running lines. But we can run it wherever. I so better running it from the beginning. Even though it's not how we shoot it.,"

“Please. The Rock plays the same role in every movie he’s in. And so does Kevin Hart for that matter. And they are like the two top paid actors. Do a movie with them and you’re set. But I do believe it’s in the Rocks contract to never lose a fight. If he can do it, you can too. You could be an action star.” She smiled at him.

“Alright.” She said and flipped to the first page that was full of highlights and sat back down on the couch. She tucked her feet under her and read a the first line on the page. Or helped, or did her best at helping, until the baby monitor let them know Owen was awake and playing in his room.

“You did well Boo. I can’t wait to watch it.” She smiled and got off the couch. “I’ll get the boy.” She said softly.

"Do you want me to be a big movie star? Of course you do. You'd rather me do than than fight." He shook his head. "The Rock isn't going to want me in any of his movies. But I like that he makes sure he doesn't lose a fight."

He ran lines with her. Most of them he knew or at least had the gist of it all. "Thanks for helping me." He told her but let her go get Owen. Placing the script on the stand, he got up and let the dogs out before checking the grill.

He sat outside for a little bit watching the dogs and throwing a ball for them to chase and bring back.

She put her hands up, “I could be wrong. But I am pretty sure it’s him. He can’t lose a fight in a movie.” She shrugged her shoulder to him being a movie star, “I wouldn’t hate it.” She said. “But I know fighting makes you happy and I wouldn’t want to take that away from you.” She smiled.

Owen wanted to be held for a bit. So she took him downstairs and rubbed his back and watched Jake throw his ball for the dogs. As he woke up he pointed and started talking about the dogs. She kissed his neck and set him down. She followed him to the back door and let him out to play with daddy and the dogs.

With Jake starting dinner, Adri decided to clean up a bit. The house was more out of control than she liked due to be sick the past few days. There were papers and letters that needed to be put away and responded too. She wanted to vacuum and sweep and just make things tidy again. Owen being distracted with Daddy made it a million times easier to put his toys away and keep them in the toy chest.

Jake shrugged. "I need a retirement plan right?" He chuckled a little. "I just can't mess up my handsome face though." He laughed.

"Hey big boy!" Jake picked him up and gave him a bunch of kisses. "How was your nap?" He set him down and let him toss the ball with the dogs. Owen thought it was the funniest thing that the dogs ran after the ball when he threw it and sometimes they fought over it but they were all good about dropping it for him. Every few times he'd have to say, "Give! Drop!" And they would.

When it was time, Jake started the grill to get the food started. Jake noticed Adri was cleaning up so he kept him busy outside with Max. Part of him wanted to grab a drink or cigar or something to celebrate but maybe they wouldn't be celebrating. Now he was wondering how everyone else would be feeling about the situation...

Her parents ended up arriving a little early, to see Owen.

Adri was the one to answer the door when her parents knocked. She gave them both a hug and kiss and let them in the house. Owen heard the new voices and came running with the ball, which made all the dogs come rub in at the same time. Adri tossed Jake the ball to toss outside and let her parents get some quality time with Owen.

Adri went upstairs to get changed into something suitable for a family dinner. While she was changing, Jake’s parents came to spend time with Owen as well.

Adri took him upstairs right before dinner was served and got his diaper changed and into his special shirt. Adri kissed his cheeks and put a jacket on him to keep his shirt a surprise for a bit.

“I ironed a shirt for you and some shorts are on the bed.” Adri told Jake when they were alone in the kitchen. “There’s no way we are getting out of this without a million pictures of the moment.” She smiled. “We might want to look our best, but no pressure. You look good in anything.” She gave his butt a pay.

“But…” She whispered, “Your shorts are a little tight in all the right areas to me, but the tongues will be wagging if the women of the world see all the things I can seeing.” She smiled.

“Front and back. It’s all a good show. I love it.” She chuckled.

Jake came in to tell her parents hello and even his own when they had arrived. He had been playing with Owen at the park and then with the dogs so he thought maybe a quick shower wouldn't hurt. He could be in, out and back downstairs in less than ten minutes. Before heading upstairs, he grabbed a water and looked at Adri. "Thanks babe." He gave her a quick kiss. "I'm going to shower quick. I won't be long."

He rolled his eyes but smiled. "Yeah yeah. You better love it..." Jake went upstairs and jumped in the shower before getting dressed in the clothes Adri picked out for him. At least it was common for them to all match, their families wouldn't suspect anything with that.

When he came back down he grabbed the meat and everything he needed before heading out to the grill. John followed behind him and asked him about LA and the show. Jake told him it was going fairly well.

Adri nodded her head to him taking a shower first. She stayed in the living room with the moms and dads and they talked about Owen and how they were feeling better but had some lingering sinus stuff. He enjoyed being the center of attention and showed everyone a toy or played with the dogs.

When the men went outside, Adri and the moms went to the kitchen so she could finish up the sides and preparing a back up dinner if Owen wasn’t feeling what the adults were having.

Everything was prepped and ready by the time Jake was done with the meat. His mom set the table with placemats and cutlery for everyone. Adri pulled out some fresh bread and set it on the table with the sides that were already waiting for the main course.

She grabbed a bottle of wine and poured a glass for her mom and dad and his mom. She got Jake and his father a fresh beer. Adri, because she still wasn’t feeling 100%, was drinking water. She waited until everybody was sitting down to take Owen’s jacket off and get him in his high chair with the Big Brother shirt on.

Since he was sitting between Jake and Adri at the ‘head’ of the table, everyone had a clear view of him. It was a matter of who would see it first.

Jake watched Adri take Owen's jacket off but tried to not make it seem so obvious. He tried keeping an eye on everyone but it was a little hard to. Instead he watched their mothers more than anyone else.

John was watching Owen eat but it took a little to see his shirt. He saw it said something about a 'brother' he thought it was referencing Max so he didn't think twice.

Adri's mother was fussing more over Owen and how well he was eating than her own food. Then she froze. Jake noticed it out of the corner of his eye and he nudged Adri but didn't really react until she said something.

"Ummm. Adriana?! Jake? What is Owen wearing?" She asked. And then everyone looked at Owen.

"Big brother?!"

"What?!"

"Yeah Max is the big brother right?!" John asked. "Oh wait...or is...Is Owen a big brother?!"

Jake chuckled and looked at Adri.

Adri looked up when Jake nudged her and looked at his mom because she thought she would pick it up first. But her mom’s gasp got her attention and she smiled.

“Max is older than Owen. So it’s not Max.” Adri chuckled.

“Someone forced me to go to the doctor today.” She said and smiled at Jake. “And we are having a baby.” She said and pulled out the pictures and handed on to her parents and one to his parents.

“Actually…” She corrected, “We are having two babies. Which has been blowing my mind for a while now.” She smiled at Jake and looked at their parents.

John looked ecstatic. His mom looked shocked more than anything. Adri’s parents were smiling and pointing at the pictures and then something seemed to dawn on them.

“Oh lord, bless us.” Maria whispered.

“I told you it would happen at once.” Richard said and looked at Jake and Adri. “I’ll let your mother tell you.”

“We aren’t supposed to.” She said but shook her head. “You know about Drew and Stacey.” She started. “Andre and his wife are adopting and they are in the process of bringing him home.”

Adri raised her eyebrows. “You guys are going to be busy this year.” Adri teased.

“We were going to tell my brothers in a few days, but we needed you guys to know first. And since we are sharing news, Owen and I are going to LA with Jake for a bit while he is filming. Not this week but the week after. I’ll go down for a couple days and then come back because mom and I are going to New York to do some wedding stuff.”

Jake wrapped his arm around Adri when she told everyone the news. When she mentioned they were expecting a baby, he gave her a look like, 'Well not exactly...' She seemed happy when she told them and happy with their reaction. No one seemed upset or disappointed. INstead they seemed excited as well. "I didn't exactly force you to go to the doctor...okay maybe I did. But neither of us expected it to be what they told us. Especially twins. We've been trying to really process it..."

When her parents mentioned her brother adopting, he felt a little like some of Adri's moment got taken from her. He gave her a little squeeze to let her know he was there...Jake seemed extra protective of Adri now. It was hard for him to understand why, but he was. All that mattered to him was that she was happy and healthy.

"We are looking for a rental to make it easier for us. But we need to be together. I miss them both so much. It would be less stressful for Adri if I was around a bit to help out with Owen. But we will be back every so often to see everyone and you're all welcome to come visit. Once I'm done with the show, we will be back."

His mom looked at him. "Jake you don't have to film, if your family needs you..."

Jake nodded. "I know but we talked about it. Adri and Owen can easily come to LA. It's not a big deal for her. Hell she loves LA."

“It’s not a matter of him working. It’s the distance between us. We feel better when we are all together.” She said and smiled at Jake. “I do love LA. And I want to take Owen to Disneyland and sea world and the aquarium. It’ll be nice to get away for a bit. Without work hanging over this one’s head.”

She looked at her parents, “Are you happy? Are you okay even though we aren’t married?”

Richard nodded, “We are happy to see your family grow with someone you love and who loves you.”

Maria nodded her head, “Twins Adri. How exciting. Double everything. Do you know the sex?”

Adri shook her head, “Next appointment. Do we want to find out or keep it a surprise?” She asked Jake.

“Are you guys happy?” She asked Jake’s parents and John got up and hugged and kissed Adri’s cheeks. “I couldn’t be happier.” He put a hand on her belly and then went over and hugged Jake and gave him a big kiss on the cheek.

Jake smiled a little at Adri with a look of thanks. She knew what his mom was doing and she stepped right in to shut it down. He'd always put his family first. But work provided for his family and soon they'd have two more mouths to feed and dress. Adri also had expensive taste with clothes for the kids.

"I've always hated being apart. Even when she traveled. We have the opportunity to be together and why not take advantage? Plus it would be nice to go with them to Disney and Sea World..." He kissed her cheek. "I love you." He whispered.

When her parents said they were happy he gave them a thankful look. "Thanks guys. You've always been very accepting and loving. Even maybe when I didn't deserve it...but I do love your daughter more than anything."

Jake hugged his dad. "Thanks pop. You'll have two more to chase after. You better hit the gym and stay in shape." Jake teased his dad."

Jake looked at his mom. "What about you...you happy?" He asked her. Eileen smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I'm happy for you both." "Thanks mom..." To Jake it felt awkward. Almost a bit forced on her end. He wasn't sure why. Maybe she wasn't really happy, but he honestly didn't care. It wasn't like she'd be alone with his kids anyway, ever. He took a drink. "Let's eat before it gets cold." Owen was almost finished eating.

Adri smiled at Jake and felt a huge weight was off her shoulders. Mostly everyone was happy for them. No one was angry, that was all that really mattered.

She ate as happily as Owen did. When Owen did finish, she gave him more broccoli since he liked it but when he started giving it to the dogs instead of eating, she took the tray away and put it in the kitchen. He whined a bit but he didn’t throw a true fit.

The rest of dinner was light and peaceful. Eileen didn’t include herself in the conversation. John was the shining light of the table. Adri cleared the plates away and they sat around the table and talked about current plans, future plans, wedding plans. There was a lot to get done before the babies arrived.

Jake noticed his mother not really speaking a lot. He didn't understand why she couldn't just be happy for them. She was going to be a grandmother yet again, with twins. This was exciting. There was no way he was going to let his mother ruin something else in his life. If she couldn't be excited, at least she was quiet.

When Owen was finished as well as most of them. He cleaned him up and let him out of his chair. "Go play bud. Be good." He kissed his head. Jake started helping Adri clear plates. "That went fairly well." He said quietly to her. "I'm sorry you light got a little dimmed with news about your brother adopting..." He said softly and looked at her to see how she really felt about it.

He sat next to her at the table to discuss the wedding plans. Jake was happy. He was marrying the woman he loved and they were starting a family of their own. It was the plan to get a fight in for him to defend his belt before the wedding. He was flying high. His hand rested on her leg as they discussed plans. A lot on his end was already planned so it made life easier.

Adri shrugged her shoulder, "There were five of us growing up, someone was always outshining someone else. It happens." She said softly. "As long as you are happy about it and I am happy about it and they are healthy is all that matters." She told him.

"And I am happy about it. Just nervous and it comes out sometimes and I'm sorry. But I'm happier than ever." She smiled and gave him a quick hug before they went back to the table.

Adri smiled at Jake's plans and rubbed his hand. Her plans were hectic and on a serious time crunch and his were all planned out and usual, it felt like a metaphor for their relationship. She was always doing something and he was very much go with the flow and chill out.

Everyone stayed until Owen started to get sleepy so they could get him bathed and in bed without distraction. When Owen was in bed and they were able to relax, Adri sat in Jake's lap and put her head on his chest.

"I'm not going to be do this in a few months." She said softly. “Are you still going to love me when I’m too big to curl into your lap?” She pouted.

"Did you see your dad's eyes when we said we were going to Disneyland?" She asked softly. "I think we are going to have to bring him with us." She smiled.

"Do you want to find out the sex of the babies? Are we doing a gender reveal and baby shower and all that?" She asked. "I don't know about gender reveal. I think a baby shower would be nice and we can tell them what they are at the party. And that they're twins. Is that too many parties in one year though? Engagement, wedding, baby shower, bachelor party for you. I don't think I'll be having a bachelorette party." She chuckled.

Jake nodded. "As long as you're happy. Because I most definitely am babe." He kissed her cheek. When she hugged him, he hugged her tight. "I love you. I'm glad you're happy." He smiled at her.

He did seem like he was most definitely more of the go with the flow type of guy. It was something he had learned very early on in life. Sometimes you can't control what's going on. So you just learn to adapt to it.

Their parents got hugs and thank you for the congratulations. Their moms were willing to help with any party planning or even if they needed anything.

Jake made sure Owen was read to after his bath and snuggled into bed before going downstairs with Adri. When she crawled into his lap he couldn't help but smile and wrap his arms around her. "Hi..." He gave her a small kiss. "Babe....we can find a way for you to fit. We may have to reposition each other but we can make it work."

"I suppose he can come to Disney." He grinned. "He would even ride rides. He's like me babe, a big kid."

Jake shrugged and played with her hair a bit. "I kind of want to know. The reveals are kind of cool if they are done right. I could punch punching bags and the smoke that come out could reveal. Or something else. But I'm also okay with us waiting to be surprised. And I think we need to make sure some parties there are no gifts. We've been engaged for awhile so is it necessary for an engagement party? Im not sure how that works. We could do a joint shower and reveal together? If we choose to do a reveal. Bach parties could just be us getting together and spending a day with our friends.The wedding is going to be the party of the fucking century. Everything else can be a bit smaller, more intimate."

His lips pressed against her shoulder as he continued playing with her hair. "Even when we are in LA and I'm working. I want to try to spend time just you and I. I feel it's important. Even if it's this and throwing a few shows on." He kissed her softly. "I love you. More than you could begin to imagine." His free hand moved to her stomach. "I'm excited. I've missed having a new cute baby. I don't miss the crying or diapers." He chuckled.

"I guess we don't need an engagement party, but I will take any excuse to party." She smiled.

"I think the most important things that needs to happen soon are getting you to Germany. Disneyland. Baby shower. House. Maybe an SUV." She told him. "And if you want a puppy you have to do it soon." She added.

"I don't think we need gifts for anything. We can just throw a big party. Engagement that turns into baby shower that turns into a reveal. Surprise, surprise, surprise. People think they are coming over to celebrate us getting married but then baby and then twins and then find out what they are. That could be fun." She told him.

"Just no cameras after the big surprise. It doesn't have to be massive just our close friends having a nice dinner. People we trust. We don't even have to have our family there. And then we surprise them all with the good news." She said softly.

She smiled at him and kissed his cheek, "I love you too. Alone time is what got us into this." She laughed and kissed him again. "I miss when Owen was little. He had the cutest toes and fingers. Worst diapers though. Oh my god. I don't miss that. But I do miss that little scrunch he would do and tighten his whole little body." She smiled.

"Remember how red his face would get when he would cry? Or how loud? That boy could scream." She shook her head. "Believe me he can still scream just as loud too. We have to leave him with Uncle Nick so we can have a date night in LA."

Jake was back and forth on the puppy. He wanted one. Like really wanted one for training partner. "I liked the idea of getting a puppy when I was in LA alone...but I don't know baby. It's just a lot with the wedding and twins. Maybe I'll start looking but if I can't find one or a good trainer right away, we put it off..."

"You know some people will bring gifts for the wedding or showers. It just happens. Especially with family and some of our closest friends. We can most definitely tell them no but we always have a few who do not listen." He gave her a look. "You're normally one of those friends." He teased and kissed her cheek.

Jake shook his head. "I don't know babe. I'd be too afraid someone would leak it." He played with her hair as they sat together and cuddled. "But babe...planning a party or event is like your thing. I'm down for whatever you want. I just want to marry you and get our house and have a healthy family. The rest are details..."

He chuckled and shrugged. "I am not going to apologize for our alone time nor am I going to not ask for more. My wife is freaking hot. You can't hold that against me. The person that hired her to be my assistant set me up. I swear of it." He teased and kissed her softly.

"I see what you did there. You killed the mood by talking about his diapers and screams. Well played. But yes, that kid..." He shook his head. "Hopefully these two do no take after their big brother in the diapers and screaming. If they are like their mama they will love attention so they may get the screaming down. But if you choose to breast feed maybe that will cover the diaper issue unless that makes it worse?" He looked at her, "Do you want to breast feed?" He asked.

"Remember that you said that because I am throwing details." She smiled. "Lots of details." She laughed. "It's just our friends. People we absolutely trust. We could make them sign NDA's." She said and shrugged her shoulder.

Adri smiled and hugged him tighter, "You called me wife." She told him, blushing a little bit, and poked his chest. They did get pretty lucky with each other. She laced her fingers with his and kissed the back of his hand.

"Yeah, yeah. Blame it on me." She shook her head.

"If I can, I'd like too. But that doesn't mean you're getting out of helping me at two in the morning." She warned. "I want them to be as healthy as possible. I'll give them whatever I can to make it possible. But I'm also not trying to gain a crazy amount of weight. I'm still at the top of my career, I can't afford it. I can do the spring show and people won't even notice if I go missing after that. And if I stay small, I can probably get away with some cover shoots." She shrugged her shoulder.

"I'll work it it with management but I know he's not going to be thrilled. He'll be happy for me as a person but workwise." She said softly.

He gave her a look like he wasn't sure about making their friends sign NDAs. "Is that insulting or rude to make our friends sign an NDA?" He asked unsure.

Jake smiled and shrugged. "You practically are my wife. You better get used to being called that. I'll do it quite often..." He grinned and kissed her cheek. "I love you."

He gave her a look. "I never tried to get out of it with Owen. Anytime I needed to go, I did. I'll do that with these two as well. Just like him though, there was times he didn't want me and I'm guessing they will be the same way. They will want mom. We can always take turns if we want to make it fair..." He suggested but shrugged. It would make him happy to let her sleep and take care of one or both of the babies. "Owen and I used to get up and watch Sports Center or info commercials. We had bonding time..."

Jake wasn't a fan of her manager. He never had been. They got along but he more than anything tolerated him. Jake didn't like that he didn't care about Jake or their relationship. She was a pay check for him and that always bothered him. They are people before they are their careers. That was part of their fights was because of her manager. Part of him doubted he'd be the slight bit happy for her. He gave her a small nod. "Yeah. He will probably be pissed..."

"I don't know. How would you feel if your friend asked you to sign one? I'm just afraid that it's going to get leaked before we are ready but I want to share the experience with friends. I don't see any other way." She told him. "We can explain why we had them sign it and hope for the best."

Adri smiled, "Sports Center and infomercials, huh? And here I thought he liked late night reruns of Game of Thrones."

Adri rubbed Jake's cheek, "Do you want to go to lunch with us?" She asked. "It's up to you. You don't have too. I know you don't like each other. Maybe if we make it a no business lunch, you two will find something in common?" She asked him.

"Maybe when I get back from New York, we can take your dad and Owen to Disneyland."

He thought about it and shrugged a little. "If Nick or the Franklin's had us sign one I'd be a bit offended. Not going to lie. But most other people, I don't mind. I also don't trust people though..." He shrugged.

Jake chuckled, "We may have turned on a Skin'amax show or two once or twice." He shrugged. "But most of the time it was Sports Center."

He gave her a small kiss. "I love you and I appreciate you trying to make things better with the two of us. But I'll never really care for him and he will probably never really like me. He thinks I'm trying to take you away from your career and money in his pocket. I want you to have your family and your career. Neither should have to suffer... But nah. You can go ahead. I'll find something to keep me busy. And he's going to want to talk business." He rubbed her back.

"Yeah that will be fun. Are you going to make us all matching shirts now?" He asked with a grin.

“That’s understandable, I think. We will figure out how and who to tell.” She said softly and rubbed his hand.

“You’re a dirty old man.” She smirked and shook her head.

“That’s fine.” She said about him avoiding her manager. And probably for the best. “If I don’t get too big, I can still work for a little bit. Who knows, me and my big belly could be on Vogue or something. You, me, Owen and my big belly in Vogue. That could be fun.” She told him and shrugged her shoulder. They’d figure it out.

She needed to focus on staying small and getting a wedding dress before she could think about being big and decorating nurseries.

“I might.” She smiled. “Have you been to Disneyland?” She asked. “Your father hasn’t. Owen hasn’t. Maybe you all need a “It’s my first time” shirt. The three of you ca. match. You’ll be on Dilf’s of Disneyland on instagram. I can promise you that. I’ll put you there myself.” She smiled and kissed his cheek.

Back
Top Bottom