Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fibers of Fate (Jovialtraveler x MysteriousD)

“Not a lot. I suppose... what do you know about the cult?” It May have only been a third of a year, but she had grown. She wanted to know what she was diving into before she jumped. She set the case on ground next to her, glancing around as if looking for one of the cultists now. “Do they wear a symbol?” She half expected them to wear some sort of spider headdress.

Diego took a pen out and began drawing on a napkin and draw a symbol. It resembled a spider-web though it also had a string puppet on the web, looking almost crucified in a way. "Here is the symbol from what I saw. And from what I know, not much. I do that they were connected with the former corporation that used to be here. Besides that, not much. My old boss suffered an 'accident' while trying to find it, hence why I'm here," Diego noted to her.

They were interrupted when the person came with an appetizer of what appeared to be some fried tempura along with their drinks. Diego's stomach growled at the sight of it.

Ryūko nodded, studying the symbol closely. She could’ve sworn she’d seen it before.... but where? When the drinks came, She absentmindedly thanked the waiter, still mulling it over. “Well if people are having ‘accidents’ when they get too close, they must either be very well hidden, or have a large mass of power to draw from.”

Diego was taking a sip of his soda while he was hearing what Ryūko was asking in regards to it. "Well, not necessarily. The collapse of the big Life Fiber thing definitely took a massive chunk since the accident was a car-crash into a river. So something one person could do with a bit of time and effort," Diego explained to her before he took a piece of shrimp tempura and began eating.

"I haven't seen much of them here as of yet, but I did know that Ragyo Kiryuin was probably involved with them since I found her name in one of the very few cult documents I got my hands on them," Diego also added in a whisper.

“Mhmmm...” Ryuuko thought on what he’d said while idly munching on a bit of tempura. “Well that’s probably a good thing, if they can’t do anything too obvious. It means they don’t have the power to show themselves to the world yet.”

"Yeah with the Life Fibers gone, I fear they will be trying to do something drastic and so on," Diego explained to Ryuko as he was thinking. "Cornered rat bites back after all and they're pretty cornered after all," he added before eating another piece of tempura.

"There is probably some hints or something around here after all. Is there anyone who we could ask for more information on what secrets Ragyo Kiryuin held?" Diego wondered, unaware the woman was in fact Ryuko's biological mother.

“Well, I didn’t know my mom too well, but Satsuki could probably shed some light on the subject. She knew her a lot better than I did.” Ryuuko sighed. “How about we enjoy the rest of the meal and talk in the car? I’m getting the feeling I’m being watched.”

Diego nearly choked on his soda and he took a pause to catchi his breath, heavily caught off-guard by the news of what he just learned. "She was your mother... good grief, my condolences," Diego said as he was catching his breath. He was then making a note to ask Satsuku to this.

"Well, okay then, I'll ask the meal and our beverages to be to go then," Diego told her with a smile before he went to the main and told him to put their orders to go along with the drinks in to-go cups.

He came back with their drinks in to-go cups and boxes in a bag for them to go.

“She was a woman who happened to give birth to me. Calling her my mother is being much too generous.” Ryuuko said, standing up when he came back and heading to the door, holding it open for him. “Thanks for the meal.”

Diego winced a bit as he heard of what she said as they were heading out. "Sorry to hear in regards to that," Diego said, trying to be comforting at it. "So where do you wanna go to continue talking about this?" Diego asked her as he was wondering whether they would go to his place, hers or somewhere else to do so.

“Well you’ve seen my place, so how about you show me yours? Knowing you, you’ve probably got a stash of weapons that we could use, or one of those cork boards with thread cross crossing it.”

"Well, I traveled abroad so I wasn't able to bring many weapons. Only thing was the Great Needle. However, given how you have Senketsu, we should be good," Diego told her. "Don't have a corkboard, given the hotel frowns on that, but I do have my notes," he added as he was walking her over to the hotel which was only a couple blocks away.

"How have you been doing? I only got to read on some of the stuff here, but how was it like?" he couldn't help but ask.

She shoulders her guitar case. “It’s been... alright. It’s weird not having to fight anyone every day, but all in all I’ve been enjoying it. The city has really changed since the fall of Revocs and my... graduation from Honoji academy. Sadly, due to the school’s records... and large portions of the actual building, being destroyed, I have to get a GED now, since I turned eighteen before the start of this school year.”

"I heard about that. Alot of the students have to take that exam. Though from what I heard in Japan, it was mainly truancy students," Diego mentioned as he felt bad about what she was going for and such. He looked up ahead and saw the hotel was ahead of a couple of blocks.

"We're kinda the same I guess. I mean... In that we both don't know what we wanna do. I took this internship because I didn't know what to major for in college," Diego confessed to her. He didn't know if it was the long past couple of days or his long-feeling sense of loneliness, but he felt kinda at ease confessing this to her.

She smiles and nods. “I could probably be an alright boxer, but I can’t compete. Unfair advantage, due to being made partly of life fibers. Not a lot of people can move fast enough and swing hard enough to cut through rock...” she smiled at him, feeling a sort of kinship with him.

"That's really awesome," Diego said, in regards to her talents and capabilities. They looked like an odd pair. He was pretty doughy and nerdy and she was a tough girl with a talking fuku.

"We're almost there," Diego told her as they sat it. The food would still thankfully be warm when they would arrive so they could eat it. "I never thought I'd be in Japan. Bakc when I was growing up, I wanted to visit. Heck, I even tried learning Japanese in high school, but I really stunk at it until i started my internship. My old boss' brother got famous for making easy language learning software and I got a copy to learn Japanese," he noted as they entered the hotel.

"I have the card key in my pocket, mind getting it out?" DIego said, referring to his elft pocket of his cargo shorts.

“Yeah.” She reaches in, doing her best not to think about where she was getting it from. “Lots of weiRd things tend to happen here.” She slid the card into the slot and opened the door. “If what I think is happening is really going down, we’re going to need to train. Do you have any connections?”

Diego saw Ryuko open the velcro pocket and get the card key before open the room and he opened the door. He saw the room and placed the food on the table before laying on the bed for a bit. "No, though I heard some force like Nude Beach or something was around? Also, that family you were with told be your older sister was also a badass or something?" he asked her.

“Nudist beach, yeah, and my sister is a hardass- I mean, a bad ass. I’ll get in touch with them, see if I can’t pull any strings, but you still need to train, even if you don’t expect to see combat.”

"Well, we should try and talk to her and see if we could find anything regarding Ragyo and them. With that we should move on to the next step. These guys don't seem to be well-organized, though that makes it pretty dangerous," Diego noted to her before he heard her tone indicate he would need to train.

"Yeah, but I'm not anyone special with combat," Diego said as he was placing their food on the table before he put the seat for her to sit on like a gentleman.

“That’s another reason you need to train. I’d rather not see you get killed. You’re a nice guy.” She sat down, smiling at him. “It doesn’t have to be super intense, but I’d feel better if you did. Back to the spider cult though: you said they’re disorganized? Sure, they’re more dangerous, but that also means we can try and take them down one group at a time. “

Diego blushed a bit at seeing Ryuko smile at him and hearing her nice comment. "More or less. There's a hierarchy, but not much of one from what I've found. I do figure once we get a big lead, it'll be a big help for us," Diego told her as he began digging into the food. He was pretty hungry after all.

"Though, given the connection to the Life Fibers, I wonder what bigger mystery may await us," Diego wondered out loud.

“Hopefully they can’t manipulate them like you can... that’d make me just a liability. That’s another reason you need training. If they can... you gotta put me down like a rabid dog.”

“I would never hurt you! Not you or your friend!” Diego shouted suddenly, before he blushed at his outburst. He was quite truthful though. “I am pretty sure they can’t. Otherwise they wouldn’t be trying to get this in the first place. If anything, it’s oeobably be them wearing asimile sort of clothing,” Diego noted while he was in thought.

“I’m saying if they can, you gotta stop me from becoming a threat. But alright, let’s assume they can’t, for now. If they’re going to be wearing something like what I’ve fought before, we just need to take them out a few at a time and nibble at the edges until there’s nothing left.”

Back
Top Bottom