To Maintain Peace and Order ¦1x1 with Jikkah¦

Megohime, though only having been cleansed for not long at all, had already changed in appearance. Her features were softer again, and no longer did she have dark circles under her eyes, nor her face look sunken in.

Masamune laid her down gently and pulled the blanket over her, brushing some hair from her face. He would discuss her intimate relations later.

It would be quite some time before Megohime would wake again, sitting up slowly and looking around with a dazed expression.

It was dark, the lanterns turned out to let her sleep more peacefully. She could see light filtering from her door so someone was obviously still awake.

Megohime slowly got to her feet, a bit unsteady, but she managed. Sliding the door open, she peeked out, seeing who was still up at such an hour.

It looked like the servants were finishing up any last minute chores before bed. When one of the young girls saw Megohime, she gasped and scampered away.

Megohime frowned softly, but knew it was only natural the humans would fear her now. Turning, she headed back toward the room Masamune put her in, unable to fight the tears that poured down her cheeks.

After a bit, there was a gentle knock, "Mego?" It was Masamune, "One of the servants said you were awake...you didn't go back to bed, did you?"

Megohime lay in her bed with the covers pulled over her head, her heart sinking when she heard Masamune. “I-I’m awake..”

He pushed the door open and stepped in, gently shutting it behind him, "I wanted to talk about...what you said during the cleansing..." He muttered, "About how you gave yourself to Shiromasa..."

Megohime’s stomach was in knots instantly, pulling the blankets tighter around herself and curling up tightly. “Gomenasai..” She whispered.

There was no response, but Megohime actually sat up, uncovering her face, which was stained black with her tears. “No! I never felt love for him like I did you..!” She moved closer slightly. “I don’t know what I felt for him, I don’t... I can’t remember, everything after his first visit is like a terrible nightmare.. But I could never love him the way I love you..!”

"So there was nothing there?" He asked, "No love, no real want to be with him?" He moved closer and knelt before her, frowning softly as he searched her face for anything that would hint toward a lie.

Her eyes were frantic, but they didn’t hold deceit. “Nothing! The feelings I felt weren’t even real! It was the flesh I had consumed, the madness whispering in my ear!” She looked like she was going to cry again. “I only love you, Masamune..”

He exhaled gently, like he had been holding his breath the whole time, "I missed you, Mego..." He said softly, "I was so worried about you..."

Megohime practically threw herself at Masamune, throwing her arms around him and holding him tightly as she began to cry. “I’m so sorry..! I’m so sorry!”

He held her tight and pet her hair, soothing her and muttering "it's ok" over and over to try and calm her, "You cry any harder, you'll get ink everywhere.." He teased gently.

Megohime lay on top of Masamune, refusing to let go of him, shaking her head and simple saying she was sorry again and again.

It took a bit for Megohime to finally calm down, and even then, she seemed to be simply content laying on Masamune’s chest. “I’m so sorry I left you..” She said softly, gripping his robes tightly.

Megohime nodded, remembering vaguely the times he took her- it made her shudder. Thinking back on it now, every second was painful, and even now, she still had deep bite-marks on places hidden by her clothes.

Back
Top Bottom