To Maintain Peace and Order ¦1x1 with Jikkah¦

“No!” She swam forward toward the bodies of the dead fishermen, and one by one started to pull the bodies back to land. “You can’t just kill humans..!” Salty tears fell down her face as she struggled to push one mans body onto land. “You just send them away...!”

He looked even more confused; send them away? He gave them all fair warning but a lot of them refused like idiots. So he had no real choice but to kill them. It wasn't wholly his fault. "They wanted to kill you." He told her.

“How do you know..?! They probably didn’t even know I was here..!” She got one of the human men on land and swam back to the next.

He lowered his gaze, shame burning in his chest. He just wanted to protect her. "I'm sorry..." He muttered before moving to help her pull the bodies to land.

They worked in silence, pulling all of the bodies from the water and laying them out. She sat on the shore, wiping tears from her eyes. “We need to return their bodies.”

Nana didn’t look too worried. “There’s a fisherman’s port a mile up the coast... I’ll take the bodies there.” She said softly, swimming back to her pond to retrieve rope. Once she got back, she tied one man to her back, a soft frown on her face before she looked to Motochika and smiled softly. “I might take a while, can you stay here and keep the birds off the othe two bodies while I’m gone please?”

"You can't stay on land for very long...you'll die..." He said before piercing his spear into the ground and hoisting up the other bodies.

Nana looked surprised. “You’re coming with me?” She asked softly. “I’ll be ok, I just have to get them onto the deck.”

Nana smiled softly, nodding. “Thank you.” She said softly, swimming forward and heading to the docks.

Motochika carried the bodies as he followed her to the docks. The fishermen who saw them approach and panicked when they saw Motochika. But he didn't do anything or say anything as to not upset Nana.

Nana noticed the men panic, and stopped. “I can take the bodies from here.” She turned to him with a smile, not wanting them to attack Motochika.

Nana swam over to the docks easily, struggling a bit to pull all of the men onto the deck, but she succeeded. As Motochika watched from a distance, he could see Nana how to the men before her, exchange a few words, then return back to the water.

Nana returned to where he was, her smile having faded only slightly. “Let’s go home, Motochika.” She said gently.

“No, no..!” She waved her hands. “I was just thinking... How fragile humans are.” She said softly. “It’s sad.”

"Fragile?" Well, yeah, they were pretty soft, pretty easy to kill, but that wasn't what she meant and so he didn't understand, "What do you mean, fragile?"

She shook her head. “The wood should be about dry by now, we should go finish up the shack.” She said, then started to swim again.

She flipped over in the water to swim on her back, the same pleasant smile on her face. “I guess I mean it how it sounds. Humans die easily, they’re quick to cry or yell, and always do weird things... But it’s nice, they remind me of the flowers that grow along the rock cliffs; they’re only there for a brief moment, but they’re also beautiful.”

Nana heard him, even over the crashing waves, laughing softly. “Am I? Sorry, I haven’t been out much.” She blushed a bit.

Back
Top Bottom