Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Qwindallian (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

There was a few moments as more and more of these streams of heat shot out, and continued to follow them as they ran, it followed them for around thirty minutes before the last one cracked open and finished its stream fizzling away. There was a slight breeze that moved the snow over the mountains, but no other traps went off or anything the resembled a large amount of danger for them.

All of the troops ran for 30 minutes by the time the steam finally stopped all the members where practically ready to pass out. Most of the platoon was even on their knees trying to catch their breath. Sheraly feel onto her butt breathing hard, and Llamal was bent over doing the same. "Is that it?" Sheryal said, Llamal then replied "I don't know"

Ruby changed positions to be waiting for them at the end. She was thoroughly disappointed with their performance and saw that there was a lot of work to get them in shape. She ran a hand over her face, silently cursing each of their names before shaking her head and turning away for a moment to take a look at the cabins they would all be staying in for the month or so of their training. She would be staying in her own single cabin that had been laid out like a commander's office.

At the sight of Ruby Sheryal ran up to her a saluted saying "Mam! Private Llamal's squad constantly interfered with our mission even abandoning us to be taken out by the tiger at one point." Private LLamal then scuffed standing up saying "What about leaving us in the Avalanche!"

"Well isn't that interesting.." She said in the most monotone voice and stood up slowly before stretching her arms above her head and looked between them both. "You both failed this exercise congratulations. You Sheryal left your fellow team to be crushed under an avalanche, and you Llamal tried to sneak passed and avoid the tiger instead of coming to their aid." She rested her rifle to her side. "You're going to be working in a squad, and failed to see the bigger picture of the exercise."

All the platoon members including Sheryal and Llamal couldn't help but look disappointed. At this point Bren zipped over next to then using a speed spell. He then said "I couldn't agree more with Captain Ruby. You all are a disgrace. I am giving Ruby complete and total discretion when decided how to put you all into shape. So if one of you dies don't come to me crying. Honestly how did any of you make it out of the rift alive?"

Ruby tilted her head a little as Bren added more to it before nodding. "With that you are dismissed, get fires going cook your food and think about how to improve as a squad. I want everyone up at one in the morning tomorrow and we'll under go the next step." She told them before resting her hand on the pommel of her sword. "Sheryal and Llamal, you two are now partners you don't have to form a bond. But you are the two that can voice the opinions of the others to me. Dismissed." She then turned and let out a long breath before pulling up the collar of her coat.

The platoon the walked away just going back to their barracks, shame and disappointment on most of their faces. As they all walked away Bren turned to Ruby and said "Well... I think you are doing the righ thing. Don't be to disappointed, sometimes you have to oil the gears to get them moving right." Bren then reached down and took Ruby's hand in his "I am sorry for what i said this morning.... I don't want you to feel like a tool that I just using to make myself stronger. I am just struggling, sorry you have to struggle with me."

"If you had offended me i would have removed that hand as you tried to take it." She let out a sight before shaking her head, "Don't worry about it, really. Also yes i am aware... i never said i was going to be an easy captain to get along with but. Hopefully this opened their eyes into what they should be looking out for when they are working together or separately."

"I am glad to here it, Honestly I realized what I said earlier was self centered and I didn't even take your feelings into account. I do apologize for that" He then turned to her and kissed her forehead as she listened to her talk. "You will teach them well, I have faith in you as their captain. You have my full support to promote Llamal and Sheryal to privates when you feel they are ready. I already filled out the paper work. All we need if your word and they will be squad leaders, if you feel like they are not fit I will rip it up. You have my full support"

She nodded slightly before glancing over to the sides of the snowy tundra before pulling her collar up slightly. "Burn it for now, they are a long way from that." She told him before she took her hand back and crunched through the snow slightly, leaving barely any footprints in the snow as she did so.

Bren nodded "As you wish Beautiful" As she walked through the snow Bren happily followed her crunching deep into the snow behind her, his large body making deep inprints in the snow. "So tell me do we get to cuddle tonight or are you to busy?" Bren asked

She kept her hands in her pockets as she continued to make her way through the snow towards the cabin. She glanced over her shoulder at him, giving a slight smile before shrugging her shoulders up and down. "If it happens it happens." She stated, before looking away from him with a slight smirk on her face.

Bren chuckled at her reply before saying "Well you quit the tease aren't you Ruby" He then gently patted her butt as they walked through the snow. "So what do you have planned next for your platoon?"

She glanced at Bren as he patted her bum before perking her eyebrow. "I mean this in the nicest way but please refrain from slapping my bum when we're in public." She said and gave him a nudge with her elbow as they continued to walk. She entered her cabin before shuddering and moving her hat from her head, her silver hair. She rolled her shoulders knocking some of the snow off of her clothing.

Bren nodded at her request and said "So be it, I will make sure not to touch your butt in public again. I apologize if I upset you" With that he followed her into her cabin and hung up with brown cloak on the coat rack before sitting down in another chair. "So we have a dinner tomorrow with the rest of the captain's. I would like to introduce you to them. That won't be a problem right? if it is we can move the dinner to another date"

She nodded as she gave him a smile before taking a seat. Sitting down in her chair, she waved her hand and a fire began to crackle within the hearth. "No dinner sounds nice it should be fine." She bowed her head a little. "May i ask what your wife was like?" She asked him, before rubbing one of her pale eyes.

Bren nodded at her agreeing to have dinner before saying "The other captains are looking forward to meeting you" Though when Ruby asked about his fiance Bren looked away and seemed to tense up a bit "We where not married yet... she was a nice woman, kind and gently. She never wanted to be on the front line. She was a healer, she got a staff from the god of love. It allowed her to heal large groups of people, or empower them. She used it to heal some of her platoon and myself from fatal wounds..... though it came at the cost of her own life. She was a self sacrificing person, only thought about others....... that is who she was to the very end"

Ruby listened carefully to what he was saying before nodding a little as she placed her hands together. "Thank you for sharing with me." She said to her before looking down at the ground and let silence descend upon them, as the fire crackled within the hearth remaining alive. It wasn't easy for people to get god tier weapons but when people did there was little doubt that they would go far. She brushed a hand through her silver hair before looking over at him. "I am sorry for your loss."

He just looked away as she thanked him only responding to her with "Yeah... no problem". The wounds of losing her where still fresh, it wasn't something easy for him to talk about. In a matter of fact Bren was holding back tears. Though he wanted to be open with his new bond mate. They would most likely spend lots of time together in the future. He used the silence to surpess his emotions and when Ruby finally spoke to him again he turned to her before saying "Thank you". He then stood up and walked over to Ruby pulling her up to him and hugging her.

She blinked as she was pulled up, not expecting the action as he closed his arms around her. She hesitated for a moment before hugging him back and closed her eyes. "It's okay..." She muttered and ran her hand over his back gently, trying her best to comfort her. "You don't have to be the front you put up to me okay? You can lower your guard if you wish.."

As Ruby began to hung him back he smiled a but a tear coming out of his eye, it felt so comforting to be held by your bond mate. It reminded him so much of before, he just wanted to be held. Since his fiance died he had to cry alone and hide his pain from everyone but now Ruby was giving a place to do that. He didn't respond to her question, instead he just silently cried letting his tears come out.

Ruby continued to hold him, keeping her arms wrapped around him as she stroked his back gently, silently shushing him to make him feel better, and just let him know that she is there. She patted his back and stroked the back of his head before giving him a gentle squeeze. "There, that's better.."

He couldn't help but feel warm in Ruby's embrace. As he heard he say those words he couldn't held but lean back just so he could lean right back in and give Ruby a deep kiss. Though this time his heart was in it and as he kissed her magic began to circle around them a bit. Something that happened when one bond mate was showing affection to the other.

She kissed him back gently to return some of the feeling he was giving to her. She kept her arms around him to keep the guy comforted for now, not wanting to move away just yet, giving the kiss time for him to enjoy it before she moved away and gave a gentle smile. "Better?"

Back
Top Bottom