Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Qwindallian (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

"You believe referring to me as an infant is a compliment?" She asked him, before feeling his arms wrap around her. She remained quiet for a moment and patted the back of his head a little before kissing his chin. "I will do my best to loosen up.. but there are no promises just yet." She finished and let her silver hair get wet from the water, it clinging to her back from the slickness of it.

"No it is a term of endearment, I hope you don't see me as looking down on you for calling you by an endearing term. You know what I meant by it" He told her. He smiled at her next works those, happy to know she would at least try. He then said "Thank you" before leaning and making out with her in the shower. He pressed their bodies together as he pushed his tongue into her mouth. While they kissed he rubbed his tongue up against hers now sliding his hand around on her body and threw her hair.

She noddded and washed off the last bits of soap before he began to turn her around to kiss her deeply. She closed her eyes to just enjoy the kiss for what it was, a kiss. But there was a time where she pulled away from the fingers in her hair. "We need to get ready, otherwise we'll be setting a bad example." She stated before patting his cheek and stepping out of the shower, a quick brush of her teeth. She headed to her clothes where there wasa rush of warm air as it was dried. Pulling on her clothes she soon stood there, fully dressed her hat in place and Manu Dei slung over her shoulder.

As ruby let go and walked out of the bathroom Bren sighed and shouted back to her "I wouldn't worry about that we have an hour, anyways I am the commanding officer and I say when we do things. If you don't want to have sex that is fine, but when it comes to military affairs I have seniority". With that Bren continued to enjoy the warm shower slowly washing himself off.

"Oh i wasn't aware you wanted sex in the shower." She called over to him as she slowly began to disassemble her rifle if they had an our, and began to clean the pieces with great care. Taking her time as to not damage any sections or allow any of the section to be bent or obscured in anyway. "I suppose i will need to work o picking up those signs." She muttered, making a mental note to herself to become better.

"No its fine, like I said you don't have to fuck me on que of something. Your not my sex slave. I am just referring to telling me how to run things and setting a bad example." Bren replied letting her know how he felt. He really didn't want Ruby to feel pressure to have sex with him, if she did it would effect their bond negatively. Though he wasn't comfortable with her giving suggestions about how he should lead and be an example.

She tilted her head a little trying to see what he was getting at, "With all due respect sir i never suggested to how you should run things. I do not believe that i made a single suggestion to anything related to the matter, i was merely saying we should get ready." She tilted her head a little, "You have your way of dealing with the morning and i have mine, i like to be ready earlier is all." She stated calmly to him.

Bren just sighed and replied "Just... Just forget about it.... I am a little on edge". Bren then finished washing up and shut the door to the bathroom so he could be alone for bit. He then sat down on the side of the bathtub and put his hands in his face. He honestly felt like he had just cheated on his fiance, even though she was dead. He was trying his best to be affectionate, but it was hard with the way things where going.

Ruby looked over at the door as he shut it before finishing cleaning her weapon and reassembling it with clicks and clunks of metal. Finally she pulled the bolt back and gave a satisfied nod. Looking over at the door she thought it would be the right thing to at least knock and see how he was. She rose her hand up and bang on the door, perhaps a little too hard. "Bren...are you okay in there?"

Bren heard the bang on the door which made him look up at him and take his hands out of his face. He then sighed before saying "Yes I am fine... just getting ready I will be out soon". Bren then put his face back into his hands shaking his head trying his best to compose himself. He couldn't let anyone see him like this, no he couldn't let anyone know how shook up he was and how much he was actually struggling to keep himself together through this.

Ruby tilted her head to the side before taking in a deep breath. She placed her hand on the handle befor epushing it open, and walking in, slowly she wrapped his arms around him to hold him gently. "You don't sound okay." Was all she whispered to him before stroking the back of his head.

Bren couldn't help himself, as she hugged him he began to cry. Maybe is was because Ruby reminded him of her, or because she was his bond mate. Either way he began to pour his heart out, just needed to let out all the pain that was welling up inside him. "I am sorry this is just so hard... I still miss her. I am trying so hard not to show anyone how much I am hurting. I have to lead you all in this war we are losing. I am trying my best but... I just miss her so much"

She nodded and continued to hold him closely to her as she stroked his back. "Of course you would, the pair of you were married." She stated and looked over at him. "We're losing for now." She stated and moved back from the hug and took his hands gently in hers. "But things can change easily.. once we get the right move done."

Bren wrapped his arms around Ruby and held her close to him crying into her shirt "I am sorry, I didn't want you to feel like a replacement. Thank you for your kind words" Bren eventually calmed down and pulled himself together and stood up letting go of Ruby and walking to sink washing his face off.

Ruby tilted her head a little at him, "That's all i am sir, the army regulations state a bond has to be made. I read your file just as you read mine, you would have rather remained alone wouldn't you?" She asked him, sounding honest for once as she studied him washing his face.

He listened to her words as he washed his face, then at her question he paused.... "No, I didn't want to remain alone. I want power, power to kill my enemies and get revenge for my beloved. You could say that I need you, and that I want you more than anything else right now. Our bond will give me the power to strike back against them."

She tilted her head at him again looking him over for a few moments. She knew her place at that moment and simply nodded before turning to head outside, leaving him in the bathroom as she waited to leave with him. "I understand sir."

As she walked away he just shook his head looking up at the mirror seeing the tears pouring out of his eyes. He then punched the mirror breaking it while he looked at his reflect. Eventually he came out of the bathroom. He got dressed without saying a word and once he was dressed he just looked to Ruby and said "lets go"

Before they left Bren walked over and kissed Ruby on the lips before saying "Thanks for trying to cheer me up". He then walked out of the room motioning for Ruby to follow him.

Ruby followed after him to the outside and the main camp which had definitely suffered a little due to the war, as it was mainly made of mud and corrugated steel to keep things sturdy from bombardments if they were to come.

Bren led Midir through the camp until they reached a set of bunkers, he then turned to her and said "Inside is your platoon. Some of then where part of the platoon, the others are new. I picked the new members out so we could grab the best candidates possible. Please look after them"

Ruby rose an eyebrow at him before nodding and stepped inside to take a look at who was inside there. There didn't seem to be much people in there to look at for now. "Good morning recruits." She walked over to the platform, noticing that most of them were taller than her. "I trust you all slept pleasantly." She asked looking over them once more with her pale eyes.

The recruits quickly got out of bed and stood in attention to Ruby Saluting at her. They all said at the same time "Good Morning Commander!" Then when she asked if they slept pleasantly they responded all at the same time "Yes Mam!"

"Good because that's the last goodnights sleep you're going to have for a while. You have been put under my command and i am going to be damned if you will not work like a well oiled machine. We will not a lose a single member here, take a good look at each other ladies and gentlemen, this is your new family. Now who here was the first person to go into the rift and get their weapon?" She asked out, resting one hand on the pommel of her sabre. "And who was the last?"

Back
Top Bottom