Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Qwindallian (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

A man stepped forward who looked to be in his late twenties and said "Private Llamal reporting, first Mam!" then a girl in her late teens stepped forward saying "Private Sheryal reporting, lat Mam!"

She looked over the two of them before nodding. "Good, you two will form two parties and will meet me at these coordinates." She states before pointing at the map that seemed to stretch into the snowy hills. "The path is dangerous and i will be setting up a few things to keep you on your toes. Once you arrive at the fort Brinvald. We will begin your training from separate people into one unit..am i understood?" She addressed them. She needed this training to work, if they could get them to work perhaps it could be the piece that the military has been waiting for.

As she ordered them to form two parties the two soldiers who had stepped up front said at the same time "Yes Mam!" They all then looked closely at the map she had given direction on as they listened to her words. Once she gave them there orders they all responded at once saying "Understood!". They all then began to break up into two parties under the two people she had picked out as leaders. Outside Bren was listening to what was going on with a smile waiting for Ruby to exit.

Ruby gave a few more instructions such as what they should be bringing with them and the supplies that should be taken. She also mentioned something along the lines they all fail if one doesn't make it. Afterwards she nodded before leaving the room for them to gather up and begin to walk away. "Oh sir." She saluted him not expecting him to still be outside. "May i help you?"

He troops made sure to listen to all of her orders and follow them to to the letter. When she left they made sure to say goodbye. Once Ruby came outside and saluted he turned to her a Saluted in return. "Well yes of course I am here. I need to know how this platoon and its leader operate if I am to incorporate your platoon into the legion properly. You just do your thing, and I will be watching, also your new quarters is in my room. I will have your stuff brought to the room. It is important we remain close when possible. I understand you will not be available when your training your recruits don't worry".

"Good because i will be heading out later today to set up a few things." She gave him a slight smile before looking down to the ground for the moment. "They will work well by the end of this, they have to." She muttered before beginning to walk off again, her hand still resting neatly upon the pommel of her sword.

Bren nodded at her first response "Alright I will be watching, I Have high hopes for your platoon" At her next response he said "They will, especially with you as their leader". Though before she walked off he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him giving Ruby a deep kiss. "Also thank you for the kiss"

She nodded before going to turn away from him, though there was a sudden grip on her arm, which she tightened her hand around her sabre before she was brought back to him for a kiss. Kissing him back she nodded and gave a slight smile before looking up at the grey clouds of the sky, the first hints of snow beginning to fall upon the camp. Ruby rolled her head around slightly as her bones cracked before she swiped her hand diagonally across her, shoulder to her hip, as she did there was a gust of wind before she shot up into the air, disappearing pass the clouds.

Bren smiled after their kiss, glad she still remembered he told her how much he loved kissing and cuddling. Pretty soon it seemed that Ruby was preparing a spell before he watched her fly up into the air and disappear into the cloud. "She is one go getter huh?" Bren said to himself as he watched her fly off.

She flew above the clouds, feeling the wind ripple over her clothing and through her hair. Her rifle in her hands as she did so, she decided to lower herself a little and saw that there was a large amount of destruction below from the cracking of bomb shells and battle. "How long before they decide to get together a team of mages.." She mutters and pulls the bolt back on her rifle so it was ready.

On the ground Bren tapped his glasses causing symbols to appear on the lenses. The right frame of his glasses then worked like a pair of binoculars zooming in close on her so he could see what she was doing. In the bunkers her platoon was still breaking up into two squads, the leaders taking turns picking people for their squad.

She landed on the snow path she had marked off and began to draw glyphs into the snow before moving on, allowing various traps to be set to surprise them in their path and not make it a simple travel from point a to point b. No no she was going to make this a challenge. Adjusting her coat on the mountain side, she turned around slowly, facing him before giving a wave as she walked along the snow's surface to make the next mark.

Bren watched Ruby work from a distance out of one lense while he watched her platoon from the other paying close attention to both of them. The two squads where getting ready to head out seperatily just as Ruby had ordered them to. Then Llamal said to Sheryal "Good luck, why don't you go first since your the newest one here. If anything happens my team can save you little girl" Sheryal then snapped back "NO! I think your squad should go first, that way you have a chance of actually beating us there!"

Ruby hummed as she continued to draw the symbols in the snow before floating up to resting on a large rock, looking down the track as she waited for the team to reach this point. She wasn't really paying attention to them arguing that was the point of this exercise. To allow them to build up and work off of each other. In both positive and negative ways.

Eventually it was decided that Sheryal's squad would go forth so she set off. An hour later Llamal's squad would follow suite.

(What traps should I have them fall into?)

As they made their way up the mountain they would encounter little resistance for around half an hour. That was until one of the members of the squad stepped on a rune in the snow, there was the sound of cracking ice before a rumbling was heard over head. If anyone was to look up they would see a large amount of snow cascading towards them, an avalanche had been triggered.

(lol well that answers my question)

As the crackled was heard Sheryal motioned for everyone to stop as they all began to look around. One of the members then pointed up to the snow cascading towards them. They all instantly began to shoot at the avalanche though it only seemed to make it worse. "Wait everyone form up side by side and shoot at the center!" Sheral ordered. Then they all together began to shoot at the center of the snow together with their weapons. As they did so the Avalanche parted in two working it's way around the sides of the squad.

Though LLamal's squad wouldn't be so lucky. As the avalanche continued down the side of the mountain his squad would be caught up and buried in it.

Ruby from her spot tilted her head a little as they shot at the avalanche. "Well that is indeed something that is strange." She muttered, slightly amused at them shooting it. She then glanced as it continued before sighing. "You'll need to be ever observant. Now will the other team go and help them?" She asked herself and focused her gaze back onto the second team. Waiting to see what they would do.

Sheryal and the other members turned around and watched as the Avalanche continued, though she smirked saying "Lets see them make it with that! We are going to show Captian Ruby we are the better squad!" With that Sheryal's group continued up the mountain.

Llamal had to use his weapon to burst out of the snow. Then one by one he pulled his soldeir's from the snow. They than had to sit there and use magic to heat themselves and stop hypothermia from settling in before they continued. "How could they just leave us here... we could have died" Llamal said to himself.

Ruby narrowed her eyes at Sheryal before she gripped the front of her sword, just underneath the guard at the top of the sheath. With a click the glint of the blade could be seen as it partially stuck out of the sheath. "Fight for me Schneegeist." She muttered as a blue/white spiritual wisps began to seep out of her sheath, as a large white/blue furred tiger formed around her, letting out a low growl. The tiger was larger than any bear, and had a glow around it, of blue light that lapped of it as if they were flames. "Go." She commanded and the tiger snarled before zapping through the air like a bullet and went to intercept Sharyal's team, going to collide into several of the members and knocked them deep into the snow before it snarled and turned to face Sheryal.

As soon as Schneegeist came running at the members they where all taken by surprise, being knocked down. Sheryal than turned to the tiger shaking she took out her Rifle which quickly transformed into a spear made out of magic. "COME AT ME BEAST!! I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU!!" Sheryal yelled out. While Sheryal was fighting the tiger, LLamal's group came upon the scene. He then turned to his squad and told them to be quiet then began to try and sneak around the chaos and let her squad fight the tiger alone.

Schneegeist growled deeply and seemed focussed on the other ground. The spear just missed it, grazing over the white fur as it charged towards Sheryal its teeth laid bare as it leapt forward and went to pin her to the ground with all of its weight, and close its mouth threateningly as if warning her not to raise up before there was a sound that caused the large beasts ear to twitch. It made sure to point out where the other team was before the tiger vanished in a cloud of magical energy as Ruby sheathed her sabre.

As Sheryal missed Schneegeist all the hope drain out of her face knowing that that was the only chance she had. Then just like that she was knocked to the ground like the rest of her squad. She then froze in terror as the tiger stood above her. She dare not attack the tiger once it had her down afraid for her life. Though she then saw the tiger looking off into the distance. There she saw Llamal's group trying to sneak around then the tiger disappeared. Sheryal quickly stood up and yelled "LLAMAL YOU COWARD!!!".

That of course made Llamal stop in his tracks and get mad at her. He then finally walked over and began to yell at her "COWARD!! YOUR THE ONE WHO LEFT US BEHIND IN THE SNOW!!" Sheryal then yelled back "THAT WAS YOUR FAULT FOR NOT FIGURING OUT HOW TO DEAL WITH IT LIKE WE DID! YOU SHOULD BLAME YOURSELF FOR BEING SUCH A SLOW THINKER!!" Llamal than shouted back "YEAH RIGHT!! LOOK WHO GOT THERE WHOLE SQUAD TAKEN OUT BY ONE TIGER! AT LEAST WE WHERE ABLE TO PULL OURSELVES OUT!! IF THAT TIGER WAS STILL HERE YOU WOULD BE TIGER FOOD!!" they continued to bicker between one and other for the next 10 minutes just yelling back and forth.

Ruby let out a sight as she stood there before raising her rifle. "I could take them all out now..." She muttered to herself but lowered her rifle. Crouching down she began to mutter something before twisting her hand on the ground. As she did there were a few more glyphs glowing as a crack split in the stone and steam hissed out of it. Followed by another, and another. All of them erupting with a vicious gazer of steam, beginning to melt the snow around them.

As the Squads heard the stone begin to split apart they all stopped aruging and turned to the ground that was cracking in half, the snow melting now. Llamal then shouted out "Is she trying to bring down the whole mountain side along with us!" Sheryal then shouted "I don't know but I don't think we should just wait to find out". At this point both Squads where now running down the side of the mountain trying to avoid the splitting rocks and searing steam.

Back
Top Bottom