Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon Princess and The Prince of Men (Ezra and Johnizbeast)

Obsidian chuckled and replied "I know, though I also know my child is in here. I cannot help but want to rub your belly knowing that it is as close as I can get to my child" When she asked him to travel through the lands he replied with a big smile "I think that would be a wonderful idea Midir, lets do it"

Midir beamed at him as he agreed to do it and let out a soft sigh before she kissed his cheek and curled up next to him for now. She closed her eyes and was excited to start moving again for them to see what was out there. It would take a long time for them to travel over the countries and lands to see what was out there and get to know of their people, and steadily the premise of Dragons and People were growing in some cultures whilst others were waiting to see how this would turn out in the end. As the months rolled by Midir was steadily getting bigger as the due date of their child was coming closer and closer. Eventually she sadly had to admit that they would have to head somewhere home for the child. The closest one though was Obsidian's city.

The months he spent out with Midir where absolutely amazing. Touring both the Dragon and human world together. It was a great way not just for them to show people the war was over but also to show humans and dragons that there was a real union between the two factions. It was a much needed vacation from all the bloodshed of the war. It was a peaceful time for him to spend with his fiance. Though soon it was coming to end, soon they would find their way back to the capital. Though as they arrived at the gates there was a weird vibe as the gate didn't open immediatly for them. "Ummm open up?" Obsidian said waiting for the guards to open the gates.

After about a minute of awkward silence the gate opened and the guard at the top said "You are to go directly to the Castle, King David request your presence." Obsidian had a look of shock on his face. "My brother!?" he shouted.

Midir closed her eyes for a moment as she was getting ready to simply sit down for a while. She raised an eyebrow at hearing that there was a different king than before. "This can't be good..." She muttered and began to walk after Obsidian if he went in. She didn't want to ask any unneeded questions just yet. There would be time for that later.

"Yeah... that is my brothers name... you know the one you met months ago that told you about me being half angel." Obsidian said after they moved through the gates. As they walked through the town people on the streets ran into the homes as they saw them. Parents grabbed their children and ran into the nearest placing saying "no please". The further they got into the town the more it seemed like a ghost town. Though they could see people looking at them from inside their houses and the shops on the street.

"I remember who your brother is." She said calmly as they walked through the streets, yet it was worrying seeing how people were reacting to them in the middle of all of this. It did little to set Midir's nerve on edge about the whole situation within the city. "I feel as though your brother has spread fear throughout this city..." She grumbled, the reactions were so much different from how they were before and certainly not something she had expected upon their return.

As she mentioned remembering him Obsidian nodded, he couldn't help but feel a tingle go up his spine. "Yeah fear... but what kind. It is like we are some sort of pariah or something.... weird and odd. I have never seen the city like this" Obsidian said. Soon they made it to the castle and the front gate opened. Though no one was there to greet them. "Lets go in... if anything happens I will protect you and our unborn child with me life." Obsidian replied.

Midir glanced around a the tothers before nodding as she began to quickly follow after Obsidian. She kept on glancing around the city and couldn't help but feel something was terribly off with this whole situation. Placing her hands in front of her she let out a sigh as she looked up at the large palace. The place that had once seemed homely was giving off another vibe as if to match the city.

As they walked into the castle the Halls where quiet. Obsidian directed them straight to the thrown room. Once inside his brother david was sitting on the thrown with a spear in his hand. "David what is this?" Obsidian asked. "That is king David to you fallen Angel... now bow to me you two monsters" David shouted. There where guards in the room, and they didn't even react to David calling him an Angel, clear they already knew. "David.... if you keep playing this game I will be forced to pull you off that thrown myself, now apologize and get off and tell me where father is right now" Obsidian said. The guards the pointed the spears they where holding at Obsidian and Midir.

Obsidian sighed and brought his wings out with a gust of wind that blew the guards away and they smack up against the wall knocking them out. "WHERE IS FATHER!!" Obsidian shouted now clearly getting angry. Though David just smiled "Father is dead... and when he died I broke your spell on him. In his last breath he made me out to be the next king. Mother was there as witness." Obsdian gritting his teeth fighting back tears at his fathers death as he shouted "BULLSHIT!! YOUR A LAIR BROTHER YOU AND MOTHER!!"

David just laughed "Then I made it clear, you are the reason God had abandoned us, you and your mother. She was thrown out of heaven for making love to father, then creating a child with a human. You are a sin, your are the reason things have been so hard for us against the dragons in recent years. Your the reason God abandon us, and I read your letters meant for father. You now are trying to marry the princess of the dragon empire.... and now she holds your abomination of a child in her stomach.... I have spread the holy decree of our fathers sin. There is no way the people will allow a fallen Angel on our thrown, especially one who is marrying a dragon. Your rule will never come, it is my time now!"

Midir was panting a little bit once they had arrived at the castle. She held her stomach a little as she could feel the baby inside kicking a little and wasn't in the best of moods at the moment. Entering to see what was going on inside the place was certainly a not so welcoming sight. She listened to the two of them arguing before she flinched as she heard those words. "My child is not an abomination! How dare you have the audacity to say such a thing." She barked as she began to approach the King. Her foot steps echoing far more than she should as her crimson hair flared around her. "Your brother did something brave.. he took a risk of entering a loveless marriage for the betterment of both our Kingdoms. What have you done David? Stayed close to your mother for support."

She didn't think things were adding up here and narrowed her eyes for a moment. "Did you consider the possibility your mother was lying... trying to set the pair of you against each other. Manipulating your thoughts David to go against him." She gestured to Obsidian before resting her hand upon her stomach. "We've been building relationships over the countries, meeting people... Now you are standing in the way and could potential ruin all that we have worked for. Is that what you would like?" She asked, pleadingly staring over at David. "This child...could be the bridge we've needed for all of our people... it could be the way to look into the future.." She said as she gripped the fabric of her clothing, as if protecting it like a precious gem.

David shook his head as she started to approach him "It is a abomination, it sickens me that I share blood with a dragon, even if it is only a pinch." He replied to her first comment. He then let her speak, just rolling his eyes at her words or shaking his head. "You are naive dragon woman. I could care less is my mother lied.... in a matter of fact as soon as she told me I knew it was a lie. Secondly, this bridge you speak off between our kingdoms.... I only see a bridge for dragons to walk there way into my lands and kill more of our people. The fact is I am king now and I will never rest until the evil dragons who killed are my brothers are extinct... that includes the abomination inside you" David Replied.

He then pointed the spear in Midir Direction and lunged at her. Obsidian then lunged forward kicking David away and making him slam into the wall. "David.... if you try to hurt Midir or my unborn child... I will be forced to kill you.... So just give up and hand the crown over. Your far weaker than I am, you do not stand a chance." Obsidian told him. Standing up slowly David coughed up some blood and started to laugh "Then do it brother" Obsidian then Chaired in summoning a large golden sword though instead of impaling his brother it slammed into the wall next to him. "This is your last chance Brother". David smiled and said "I knew you didn't have it in you to kill your own brother.... but I do".

David then Took the spear in his hand and slashed Obsidian with it... though the unimaginable happened, his holy armor shattered like glass and he went flying across the through room like rag doll. "Even you are powerless against the Spear of Longinus brother! I will use this spear to kill The Dragon Emperor and all the dragons! and even you Brother!" David shouted.

Midir widened her eyes at Obsidian's brother's words. It was something that she found regretful and also solidifying her view that he was a greedy little man. She was about to step over however she witnessed him using the spear and was about to turn to the side to save her child, but Obsidian had already moved in the way and was flung across the room. Glancing back at David she had the look of fury on her face. "How dare you hurt him and threaten my father!" She bellows, her voice ringing out across the whole of the room. Tearing through her clothes large red wings begin to span out of her body.

She knew the spear was a bad choice to get hit by, but she had to do something. David never seemed like the kind of person who would be able to hold his own... Her eyes flaring she held her hand out as white scales began to creep up her body and a green spear formed in her hand before she hurled it at his hand. The spear would be made of acid so she hoped burning it would force him to drop the weapon.

As Midir yelled at him David just laughed "You stupid woman, you think your words mean anything here? Your just wild animal who thinks they are civilized like the rest of your kind. Just heartless, emotionless beast. Extinction is the only option for your kind". Though soon it seemed Midir was readying for an attack, as she threw the spear of acid at him David tapped the bottom of his spear against the ground causing a holy barrier to form around him. As the spear hit it quickly desolved against the barrier. "Demonic and holy energy attacks are useless against me now. With the spear of Longinus I am God's instrument of wraith against the wicked and unholy. Now... how about we start a war with your people by taking your head." David said to Midir.

Obsidian then flew out of the rubble and grabbed Midir flying off toward ceiling he shoot a blast of magic into it flying off with Midir. "Sorry.... about.... this.... Honey..... I know your strong... but with the baby... I cannot let you face such danger...... we must tell your father what is happening.... I have an oath to keep with him... if there is threat... we are to join forces..." Obsidian said panting the entire time. Midir would be able to feel her clothes being soaked, as Obsidian bleed out all over her.

Midir watched as the acid splattered upon the barrier and as she was taking a step forward her fingers were turning into large talons before she felt something hugging her waist and taking off. Her wings flumped down as she was, unable to beat them herself at the moment. She felt something warm there as well and looked over at him. "Obsidian i appreciate this, but you need to let me go you're bleeding out..." She said with a worried expression on her face. She didn't want Obsidian to fall, if he fell now it would be terrible for the pair of them.

Obsidian new she was right, but he was worried he wouldn't be able to fly if he let go. "Fine let us rest here" He said landing on a near by island off the coast of the capital. Once they landed he set Midir down gently. He then passed out right there on the ground still bleeding everywhere.

Midir landed onto the ground with a light tap before she looked over him and waved her hand as a healing cocoon began to wrap around him. It was an attempt to heal the wound he had sustained hoping it would at least stabilise him and prevent him from bleeding out.

Obsidian stopped bleeding out, though his wounds would take time to heal. Due to the power of Longinus it would take hours before his wounds closed up. Once they did he opened his eyes and looked up at Midir with said eyes "I am sorry....." was all he could say.

Midir remained quiet as she just stared out onto the sea. She didn't even look over at him as she rested her hands on her belly. A small breeze moved through her red locks of hair as she peered onwards. There was just so much to say but no words were coming to her mind.

"My people have abandoned me... my father is dead, I have lost my thrown..... All I have now is you and our unborn son Midir.... I am sorry, I have failed to bring peace to our people" Obsidian said as he looked away from her tears in his eyes. Even after months of being together he never shed a single tear or showed one sigh of weakness. Though all this at once was to much to handle even for him.

Midir rubbed the side of her head before letting out a long sigh. She shook her head, "You haven't done anything wrong, and you're implying you could have done things to change it." She turned her gaze on him and gave a little smile. "You have nothing to apologise for." She told him and reached out to pat his shoulder, "And don't assume what our child is..." She warned before poking his nose.

Her words made him smile, though he couldn't help but feel guilty. Especially since things feel apart on his end. When she teased him about the gender he said "You know just because I said that I am now betting on it being a girl." With that he smiled and closed ready to fall asleep, though before he did Obsidian reach out his hand and said "Please... don't leave my side... I need you right now" With that Obsidian passed out, still holding onto Midir's hand tightly. If she let get he would wake up immediately.

Midir smiled at him before she let out a long sigh and shook her head at him. "You're an idiotic man you know that?" She stated to him and closed her hand around his own and kissed the back of it. "Just don't... fucking die okay?" She warned him, "I am not skilled in it, but i will tear away and torment your soul if you do." She growled her eyes turning more draconic for a second, before he fell unconscious and she waited there for him to regain his consciousness.

"yes, the idiot you decided to marry and have a child with" Obsidian replied right before passing out. He slept for about 12 hours before waking up. Once he did his wounds finally healed and he was able to use his holy energy again. He turned to Midir and said "Are you awake Midir? Are you there?"

Midir was still holding his hand, but seemed to be asleep as she had laid down onto the ground to make herself comfortable. She was breathing steadily before letting out a long yawn as she turned in her sleep trying to cling on to it.

Obsidian smiled as he realized Midir was sleeping happily next to him. He then slowly got up and wrapped his arms around her making sure to hold her close to him. "rest up my love I will stay with you until your ready to move." Obsidian said to Midir gently kissing her forehead. Though he knew he needed to find her some food soon since she was eating for two.

Back
Top Bottom