Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Z-Apoc.] OOC Thread + Info and Rules

Hmm, I tried sending PM's to people who had an interest in zombie apocalypse stories. And I bumped my Request thread with a link to the group rp. But I'm not getting a response from anyone...

Is bluemoon always this difficult to find rp's that focus more on story instead of smut?

Honestly, BMR players are very flake-prone, moreso than in general (where it happens a lot anyways). That's part of why group games are so rare. And while I enjoy sexual stimulation in my stories, sometimes heavily, I think lack of smut isn't the only problem. This has the feel of a tabletop game, but no system. That drives off a lot of folks as well.

Ah, well Hawkeye is on his anime convention thingie till sunday I think. You want to wait till he comes back to rp? See if our muses might still be there?

I don't mind waiting. If you want we can do some plotting on background and intercharacter history.

Sure, I don't mind. :)
For Daisy I think it'll be pretty simple, she'd probably be a familiar face at a lounge due to being a classy singer. She's a dreamer so she's easily attracted by the fame and rich.

Alice being a talk show host will probably have met a lot more people than Daisy. Talked to all sorts of people from law enforcers to politicians, and housewives, etc... Maybe she could also have been present at private parties or soirees, etc...

I think he'd view Alice as more a status symbol to be associated with, and Daisy the more pleasant one (makes him feel more important).

Yea, I can have Daisy pay more attention to him when they're having drinks or such. Have some googly eyes at him as she's dazzled by his importance, :p
And for Alice, we can definitely work with that. Maybe her show is kind of like the oprah/ellen/late night bla show. Pretty famous and big, and she can either make the person look good or look bad, lol.

Yeah, I can definitely see that. With her looks and platform she wields a ton of power...for now.

Hey guys, I was planning on joining in if that was okay ^_^ I was planning on a military character but I see that they are discouraged, so MC is going to be National Guard, you know more civilian military with little combat training, since we're starting things off in a bar from the looks. When everything goes down he'll probably abandon his post to go off with the group, making him a deserter and a target for any military in the area who might find him :p

Yeah, that's why I figured making him a Guardsman would probably be a better plan, since they're only trained about as well as police officers. But if you guys don't want a military character I can make a different one

They are allowed, just trying to keep the numbers low. Thus far we don't have a very combat-heavy group. I think that from my char, to Hawkeye's, to yours, we have a nice blend of "leadership" styles and progression of combat ability.

There's nothing saying you can't go with the concept you pitched, but you appeared to misunderstand why military chars were limited, so I explained it.

Hi! Sorry I didn't see this sooner! Welcome to the group!
Feel free to add that National garde character. :)
It's as Kolbe said, it's the skillset that we're more concerned with. Because almost everyone wants to be this combat skilled badass, etc... So we wanted to discourage that to see a more different dynamic of a group.

A bit like the Walking Dead where they had cops, housewives, farmers, crooks, etc...A mix of all sorts of people instead of just a group of people who are trained in high stress situations like this. Granted it's a zombie apocalypse scenario x-x But still, you get my drift.:p

So I changed him from a Guard to a Marine, I read through a couple of character profiles and decided to nerf him by having him barely pass his rifle qualifications and have him have a Support job, I did say I was gonna make changes :p but I hope you still like him :D I'm not gonna provide him with any weapons from the start and his skillset is not going to be very applicable to their situation lol.

The character looks good. ^^
I'm glad we managed to attract your attention, both of you! :D
We're just waiting for Hawkeye to come back from his anime convention. He should be back either today or tomorrow. he said it somewhere in this thread.

And then we can dive right in ^^

Unfortunately I have work in 3 hours cuz one of my coworkers wanted to watch the Super Bowl and I didn't lol, so if we do start today I won't be replying until late tonight or afternoon tomorrow.

That's okay, everyone can take their time with replies :)
I'd rather people don't feel rushed or anything, this is supposed to be fun after all. ^^

ImaginationGoneWild said:
That's okay, everyone can take their time with replies :)
I'd rather people don't feel rushed or anything, this is supposed to be fun after all. ^^

So are our characters all starting together or start separate and end up together? :eek:

It can go either way actually.

The story would start out -before- the evacuations kick in. Meaning people are still in the phase of watching news reports about the flu spreading and strange violence happening everywhere. Like the people are aware that something is up, something's happening. But the government hasn't found the need yet to call a global evacuation or such. They will have asked the public to be more careful about their hygiene due to the flu, or to stay inside and not wander off if it's unnecessary to protect themselves from the recent violent outbreaks.

My characters Lucille and Roxanne are living in a trailer park. Roxanne is a waitress and she's also a babysitter on the weekends. Lucille is a stripper and she's also a member of a motorcycle gang that deals with drugs and other shady stuff.

So if you think your character might fit for a pre-established relation with someone then go ahead and ask around.

hawkeye's character is the bartender at Lucille's stripclub.

Kolbe's character is a politician that has been on the talk show of my other characters, and knows the lounge that he frequents at where my other character sings.

So whatever floats your boat. It's possble for now we might be spread out a little bit but during the evacuation or past it, we can group up. :)

Okay, we have enough players now and Hawkeye should be back from his trip, so he should be able to catch up to us.

We can start the roleplaying now! yaaay!
Now how do we do this?

Well, I am good for a scene with Alice or Daisy. Do you want to do the interview in game?

Back
Top Bottom