Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Find Peace (1×1 w/ Mr.Aznable)

She was barely conscious enough to see Ethan being hauled away, screaming. A faint smile crawled across her face before she blacked out again

He took her to the apothecary, who treated her wounds and gave her an elixir to help the healing. Roberts was pacing, Camilla standing with him.
"Beaten?"
"Half to death." Roberts replied and Camilla gasped, horrified.

She about broke down right there. "Oh, Liona!" She wailed and dropped next to her friend, "How could he do this to you? You didn't deserve this...!"

She shakes her head. "It's done now.." she rasped. "Please.. Camilla.. I have a request.. in the shed behind my home.. you will find a small box.. please.. can you bring it to me..?" She asked.

Liona smiled and opened it with trembling hands before sighing in relief. Inside the box, was the dress and shoes. "Good.. I was so worried about these.." she said.

"I'm so glad they're safe.." Camilla muttered, "If you like, you can live with me while Ethan is imprisoned?" But Ares' words rang softly in Liona's head.
"My doors are always open to you."

"The night of the ball.." she said softly. "I met a very nice gentleman who offered his home to me if I ever should need it.." she said.

Liona brushed a tear away. "I was married.. just as I loved Ethan once.. but I am a slave.. and an outlet for his anger.. I am no longer his wife.. I can only hope God will forgive me.." she said.

Camilla frowned and gently placed her hand over Liona's, "You promised to cherish and love him for better or worse...but he was the one who failed the marriage..." She said, "If you will be safe with this man...please go with him.."

She nods and moves to take her ring off. "Here.. give this to someone who will toss this into Ethan's cell... I will talk to the Minister.." she said.

She left quietly, allowing her to rest.
Ares was furious when Malix brought him the report.
"Near dead?"
"She has been taken to the healer, Lord." Malix stated, "The man known as Ethan is in prison."

Liona lay bedridden for a few days after before she was able to stand, let alone walk. She moved to see Roberts.

Back
Top Bottom