Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Forgotten Realms Pathfinder: Seeds of Evil) Ch. 1: The Gates of Honey Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh huh those cries for help what do you think they are from? There is no legitimate reason for someone to be screaming for help this late at night and the guards to do nothing. They are blatantly ignoring her.

Narunir

Not particularly paying any attention to Baltana's negotiations (after all, what did he know about such things? Absolutely nothing that's what), Narunir's attention had been caught by the sounds of a woman's screams. "That...doesn't sound good," he said, looking to the guard before them, "Shouldn't someone be going to help that woman?"

2ef69c0da1f43d780aca1f528c45abb6.jpg

Baltana

She shrugged at Balenore's words "I don't know the deal - could be a known local girl trying to get the attention of the guards - attract someone with a good job etc, could be someone trying to lay an ambush for some curious party, or distract the guards from there posts, could be that other guards are dealing with it" shrugging again "or virtually any reason imaginable".

She felt that she would likely check it out once inside but she didn't want to commit herself to that before entering.

Alyx gave a brief shrug. "I have a suspicion this is a trap. But, if we know it's a trap we could work it to our advantage. Send someone to investigate - the rest hang back, and if they attack or try to injure whoever approaches? Hopefully we could spring our own ambush on them. Would that not work?"

So the girl screaming in them middle of the woods at night must be saved and could not possibly be a trap... While the one behind the wall that armed guards will not let us through must be? Traps are normally more inviting in my experience."

pods6827 said:
Narunir

Not particularly paying any attention to Baltana's negotiations (after all, what did he know about such things? Absolutely nothing that's what), Narunir's attention had been caught by the sounds of a woman's screams. "That...doesn't sound good," he said, looking to the guard before them, "Shouldn't someone be going to help that woman?"

"Oh, that girl?" the guard replied. "She was caught pick-pocketing a few hours ago. She's being held in the stocks 'til Count Avalorn's magisterial can put her on trial."

Bluff: 19

Narunir

His eyes narrowing, Narunir was sure that this guard was lying about that woman, whoever she really was. "Ah, is that so?" the half-elf asked, not letting on that he thought otherwise. "Well regardless, like Baltana said, could you please let us in? After the night we've had surely you wouldn't begrudge us the chance to sleep in an actual bed would you?"

I believe it'd be Sense Motive to determine if he's lying or not right? If so I think I'll make use of Balenore's Fortune hex to get a reroll since mine isn't very good.

First Roll: 1d20+1=20 (not natural)
Second Roll: 1d20+1=10

Success!

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina Honeywine

The guard shook his head and opened his lips to offer another firm but apologetic rejection.

He paused, glancing at Baltana. “Maybe you're right, ma'am... We should get your prisoner in, and I can bring you...

Aramina made a gesture and whispered some sort of sing-song nonsense. Then stepped up beside Narunir. “Please, sir?” she asked, eyes wide, clasping her hands behind her back. “It's really cold out here, and these good people have already saved me from monsters twice tonight...”

Charm Person, save DC 16.
Sense motive vs. diplomacy 20: 18
Saving throw vs. Charm Person: 10.

The guard's lips worked a few times, then he nodded. “I'm sure we can look the other way tonight, “I'll be right down.”

The other two guards looked at him in confusion as he scampered down the ramp and through the bolt to open the gate.

Olivia let out more panicked yells, words incoherent as she flexed and twisted her body, legs bucking and kicking eager to prevent this man from getting what he so desired.

"This isn't love! This... Sune help me!"

“No...” Olivia's molester replied between quick flicks over her petals with his tongue. “This is lust.” He flicked his tongue over the virgin's clit, then gave it a deft nibble. “Pure, primal passion a girl feels in the power of a man.”

Having her more in his power now, he flicked his tongue faster and reached down with one hand to milk at the priestess's right breast, tugging on the silky globe and rolling the nipple with his thumb.

“Give into it.”

Baltana

"Thank you" she responded politely - if a little distantly, she she was surprised by him readily agreeing to let the others in, but she didn't really care either, deliver the prisoner - maybe check on the thief to make sure it was above board and than go to the inn, made sense to her anyway.

Balenore cackles as they begin to move forward.
he passes close to Aramina
Nice work.

Once through the gates he starts moving towards where the sound was coming from anyone who does not wish to loose their buff will follow.

Narunir

As the guard decided to let them through the gates Narunir shot Aramina a quick smile, not sure how she'd managed to convince him but grateful that she had. Stepping into the town behind Balenore and Baltana, the half-elf wondered what he would do first here. Searching for a place to stay for the night was the obvious choice, but then another loud cry sounded he knew where he had to go.

The sorcerer followed after Balenore, seeing that the other man was heading towards the same destination as him

"No! No!" Olivia started crying hoping that her tears would thaw the man's icy heart. "I won't, I won't." She let out, trying to squirm out again.

[CMB to break the pin. 9+2 =11.]

Moving through the city gates, the heroes found themselves on a well cobbled street lit by lanterns sitting on either side. There was a stables ahead to the right and a sentry tower ahead to the left, it was from this second location that the young woman's cries rang out.

Two men with full mail clanging under guard uniforms came out of the night behind them, tackling the man who'd let them in.

Three more rushed out of the night on either side of them, each forming a line of three facing them, lifting heavy steel shields and brandishing leather wrapped clubs.

They heard the last two archers on the walls bend back their bows.

18 Archers
13 Sargent
10 Soldiers

Baltana

She sighed "you are town guardsmen potentially experienced travelers some with magic, others with enough ability to not need it - don't be stupid" her voice rang out.

"Take me to your leader, take the prisoner off my hands, allow these to investigate the screams - if there is anything odd explain it to the mayor etc - you can live through this without injury or death, but attacking us is insanely stupid" frankly she could see where the guards were coming from if magic was used to gain access there jobs would be to stop any damage, she considered surrendering in fact but really wanted to go to the pub instead.

"And if you are going to fight at least leave me out of it - I negotiated my own passage for good reason", if they did attack her she was going to treat them like bandits.

Initiative: 7

Intimidate: 16
(for them to rethink this, or at least leave her out of it).

Narunir

The sudden arrival of so many guards shocked Narunir, unaware of what was making them all so antagonistic. "What's going on?" he cried, looking between the ones in front of him with a nervous, shocked expression.

Initiative=10

Alyx keeps close to Aramina, ready to interpose himself between any potential attack leveraged against her - but like Ty, he relents from making the first move just yet.

45214eb9d2a2d40e1cd10bbea19c0ffc.jpg

The archer's didn't prove so hesitant--or so merciful. One drew a bead on the cackling witch--Balenor--the other on the dangeorusly calm young man--Alyx. Both loosed with professional calm.

Or perhaps not total calm. The first archer found a bead of sweat falling into his eye at the last minute and his shot flew wild. The second was trembling, just a little, and his shot only grazed Alyx, likely knocked away completely by armor or ward.

Attack One: natural 1 to miss.
Attack 2: 15. 3 damage if that hits.

Tag Alyx, Aramina, Balenor, Olivioa and Ty in whatever order you can post.

Very well then - if it's a fight they want... as the arrow missed him by some inches, Alyx rushes the stairs with unnatural speed, climbing up them and raking his claws against the nearest archer!

Moving, manifesting Hustle, moving again and attacking the nearest archer. nat 20 to hit, 18 to confirm, 10 damage (Or 20 if crit)

The archer howled in pain as Alyx's claws raked across his brow from one ear to another. In a heartbeat there was blood in both eyes, forcing him to blink constnatly andmaking properly deending against future attacks nigh imposible!

Ty moved swiftly and gracefully in on one of the guards and threw a punch at him.

rolled: 1d20, adding 6 to the total
Comment:
Result: 6,
Total: 12

rolled: 1d3, adding 3 to the total
Comment:
Result: 1,
Total: 4

The soldier shifted with the black cat's punch and her fist graced off of his armor.

The seargent smirked as he ruthlessly lapped at the priestess of Sune's dripping petals. “You're close, arent you?” he snickered. “Your thrashing's getting weaker, you want this.”

His tongue closed ruthlessly in on her clit, priming her body to be driven over the edge...

Sounds of battle erupted outside!

The sergeant snarled what could only be a curse in a language that was foul to begin with. “Wait here, girl,” he dropped Olivia's rump on the table. “I won't be long.” Drawing his huge blade, the sergeant unbolted the door and strode outside into the chaos.

In a darkened window, a man looked on calmly, but scowled. He turned into the room. “Jacob, wake the Count and inform him I have suitable cause to take action against the west gate night watch. Tell him I request a fully armed company of men at arms to arrest them immediately.”

A young quire nodded, “Immediately Sir Mathew.”

The door to the guard tower swung open and a big, burly sergeant. Seeing the chaos, his eyes widened for a moment.

Then he grinned a wicked grin.

His teeth were suddenly sharply pointed, thickening into tusks.

The sergeant let out a booming laugh as he grew six inches taller, nine inches broader. Horns sprouted from his forehead and his skin took on a golden caste. “Yes...” he breathed, hard to hear over the fighting. “Chaos, yes, what beautiful corruption.”

“Fight men!” he called out. “Fight for what's yours!” The fiend raised his great sword and surged up into the fray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom