Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Forgotten Realms Pathfinder: Seeds of Evil) Ch. 1: The Gates of Honey Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balenore had been taking his time watching the battlefield trying to find a good target. While he considered a few options a man in a sargents uniform came out Bale zeroed in on him even before the revealed his true nature.

Aramina, Narunir we have a problem, that is an Ogre Mage they regenerate normal damage fire and acid are the only things that will take it down... Abigale these men are likely corrupted by that creatures influence I am not saying they are innocent but those things have magic which allows them to make their actions seem more reasonable.

After warning the others about what they are fighting Balenore steps slightly back evil eyes his saving throws and cackles.

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina Honeywine

The werewolf Baltana was leading at the front of the group dropped, curled into a ball and got as furry as he could to protect him from the rain of blows about to pass overhead.

Baltana realized she was at the front of the party with the prisoner, and the fiend had just surged up to her, great sword lifting high...

Arrows? Aramina gave a yelp as she realized the archers were targeting the men in her group with live steel—not the truncheons the men surrounding them held ready.

She started after Alyx, meaning to take a man off of the wall, but Balenor's words interrupted her. She gave a little squeak—almost a shriek—at what the seargent had become when her back was turned. A glance at balenor and a firm nod. “Right!” the redhead called out, stepping in front of the witch—behind the crouching werewolf. “Fire I can do!”

Struggling out of a haze of forced pleasure, Olivia looked up t hrough the open door. She saw the man who'd molested her reveal his true form and charge a warrior woman and her... dog?

Then—like an image of Sune rising out of the ivy—a red haired beauty clad in a revealing armor of leaves stepped up behind the dog. She sang out to the living fire in the celestial tongue and a cone of red and gold flame shot up the street, passing over the dog, in front of the warrior maid—Baltana--and then burning it's way into the fiend—and past!

The fiend gave a sneeze of surprise at Balenor's cackle and cocked his head suspiciously at the witch. Even still, he shaded his face from the rolling cone of flame so that it only scorched his arm.

Oni:
Damage: 4
NL Damage: 0
--Evil Eye: -2 to all saves.

55ef8cb13393a4727d80608072f882bd--female-armor-female-knight.jpg

Abigail Marteau
Abigail hefts her greatsword in her hands in a ready position, opening her divinely-granted senses while she does so. The oily stench-colour-taste of evil floods into her mind, with waves rolling off the transformed man before her.

The Paladin closes her eyes for a second, taking a breath. When they open again, they shine with a rosy-golden hue, her words denouncing the fiend before the group.

“None shall imprison unjustly, nor take the freedom of others! Stand and die, fiend!” As her words conclude, an aura of the same colour flashes into place, outlining the holy warrior’s armour and weapon - a glint of the dawning sun that illuminates and shuns the terrors of night.

With a final roar, Abigail shifts those vital few feet into range, maneuvering in front of Baltana to bring a powerful strike at the shoulder of the armoured figure, hoping to strike true through the flames he is fending off.

Smite Evil - +4 to hit, +4 to damage, +4 AC vs target

Greatsword, (Smite Evil, Power Attack);
(1d20+10, 2d6+14, 19-20 x2 crit);
1d20+10=19+10=29 (crit), 4d6+14=14+28=42;
29 to hit, crit, 42 damage (slash), no DR allowed.

EDIT: Crit confirm - rolled 10+10=20
If normal damage, 2d6+14=5+14=19, no DR

Move (Detect Evil), Swift (Smite Evil), 5-foot step, Standard (Attack)

Olivia for her part feels her jaw drop as Aramina walks forward, her body shooting up as she sees this beautiful angel storm forward confidently.

And Olivia was an Asimmar. She knew angels when she saw them. Letting out a squeal of joy, the girl cheered as the squeal of the lovestruck girl quickly turned magical.

Casting sound burst to just hit the fiend. He takes 1d8 sonic damage, and must make a Fort save DC 15 or be stunned for 1 round.

Narunir

The shock at the sudden arrival of so many guards, all seemingly intent on doing them harm, turned to fear as the apparant leader of them all changed before their very eyes. Where once a fairly average looking human had been standing there was now a hideous, demonic looking creature that seemed to exult in the promise of bloodshed.

Shaking his head to clear it, Narunir heard Balenore's words and thought for a moment. "Ah, fire and acid aren't things I'm particularly skilled with," he muttered under his breath, trying to think of a spell to use. "But perhaps this will give us a little breathing room!"

Ducking and running to the right a bit to get a better shot, the half-elven sorcerer brought a hand up towards the enemy mage and gave a brief chant in melodic Elvish, the ground beneath him becoming covered in a slippery grease.

Move Action: Moving to the right to try and get an angle on the sergeant that doesn't hit any allies.

Standard Action: Casting Grease on the ground beneath the ogre mage. Must make a DC 16 Reflex save or fall to the ground.

The ogre slipped and stumbled in the grease, struggling for balance. He turmble forewards as Olivian's burst of sound slammed into his back. This brought him right into the range of Abigail's blade. The paladin's weapon severed his head from his shoulders.

As the oni's head tumbled, the soldier's around them jerked up, startled. “What the hell?” one yelled out. Another, “Sarge!” and another, “What was he?”

Two simply fainted!

A moment later the conscious soldiers were backing away cautiously, tossing down their weapons and babbling out their surrender, saying that the monster had done something to their minds.

Balenore looks around with a bit of disgust, every one of them claiming to be spelled and tricked though he does not believe they all could be held in it's sway he has no way of proving it instead he decides to focus on the immediate problems at hand.

You men want us to believe you have been magically tricked fine but in order to prove it I need you all to get as much dry wood and straw as you can gather, place it under this thing and light it. Don't even bother looking at me like that this thing is only killed with acid and fire meaning decapitation will knock it out for a while but eventually it will heal and get back up now move!

Abigale, Aramina would you mind seeing to the woman over there? She seems in a bit of a state and frankly I doubt she will appreciate male help at this point.... Try and ascertain if I should be making a poison for her to prevent any half breeds.

Baltanna you don't like magic? well until such a time as they can get this thing burning it's vile power could resurrect it in order to prevent that keep hacking and slashing at it but we need to also check it to see if it has any communications or plans on it this thing might not be alone.

Ty, Alyx, Narunir look for anything on the body that might be useful particularly anything that might give us a clue as to what it wanted, or was sent here to do also get any keys and what have you that might help us open things in it's rooms.

Balenore for his part cast detect magic so that he can help in the searches. collecting the head and placing it near the body to burn.

2ef69c0da1f43d780aca1f528c45abb6.jpg

Baltana

It all happened so quickly that she was taken by surprise by it being over, the shapeshifting ogre sergent was down and now the witch was speaking about regeneration from decapitation and wanting fire to deal with the creature.

She shook her head centering herself "manacles - not kindling" she muttered than louder "if" it was obvious she was somewhat sceptical "he can recover we shouldn't kill him - it is possible that he is gainfully employed as a guard in case of dangerous attack, and was merely doing his job".

Looking to the paladin woman "unless you are fine with killing defenceless prisoners?" she figured the woman would not be from there brief interactions and if she was that it was good to know now. Looking to the guards "get some manacles please and one of your superiours, let the townfolk decide on his fate".

She didn't mind killing in combat, or fighting in general but cold blooded murder she was opposed to - all of which only mattered if the creature wasn't actually already really dead.

She considered the body watching for signs of life returning "and if there is some plot involved he might be able to answer questions", she did take the advice of the witch and searched the body for anything interesting.

Looking at the werewolf as she searched the body her voice weary "good job not trying to start something - now return to human form", she was considering releasing him into the wild again with a warning - this town was already annoying her and she had just stepped into it.

55ef8cb13393a4727d80608072f882bd--female-armor-female-knight.jpg

Abigail Marteau

Listening along to the suggestions of the others, Abigail slowly nods along to her companions’ suggestions. Mercy, yes - fire to finish the kill, understood - and the possibility to interrogate and rehabilitate the prisoner, certainly.

“My thanks for your input, friends. You, guards - if you could kindly restrain this brute, an Ogre with some magical talent. You will need at least your strongest pair of manacles and several lengths of sturdy chain to do so - if you can attach them to bedrock, or an appropriately tough building, all the better. And at least two people will need to be watching him - his magic may allow him some form of escape attempt. Now, if you will exuse me, I had best go and see to his victim over yonder.”

Persuasion check to motivate guards (Diplomacy) - 1d20+8 = 9+8 = 17

With a respectful nod to those present, Abigail walks slowly over to the unclad woman, shivering in the cool air. She sheathes her greatsword before she reaches the angelic woman, and kneeling before her summons a minor glow of healing magic into her gauntlet-clad hands.

“Do you require any healing, Ma’am? And do I have your permission to heal you?”

Lay on Hands (if requested) will heal 2d6 = 6hp, and removes any fatigue.

Balenore stands blinking in disbelief at the Paladin and Barbarian

Are you two spelled or stupid?

Putting guards on it will just give it new targets for mental control the moment it wakes up. Manacles will not hold a shapeshifter if you notice his wrist are at least twice the size they were before. Anything that will fit now will fall off of his hands the moment he changes to a smaller form and I do not have time to come up with some sort of anti magic chain.

He was not just doing his job Baltanna he was raping a woman when we got here look at her! He mentally took over the other guards look at them the moment he fell they stopped attacking that is because the link was temporarily severed.

There is no chance of interrogating this creature simply by vein of us not being able to hold it much less contain it's magic it has already shown it is willing to use for evil.

I find it very telling however you are willing to allow this thing to terrorize a village and anyone who passes through, perhaps you are more like your mother than you want to admit.

Balenore starts gathering the wood and straw himself.

Baltana

"Killing someone because it is more convenient than talking to them is a good way to have a healthy bodycount of innocent people", gesturing to the woman who had emerged "she doesn't seem to be bruised or battered and was capable of defending herself fine when she walked out the door, so I am dubious about if he was raping her and how that she was merely innocent and to worldly ways and got into trouble from it" looking at the woman "did he actually hurt you?" she asked.

She shrugged at the mention of magic "do your spells immediately fail when you sleep? some I have dealt with in the past didn't have that issue" considering "I think it more likely that self preservation kicked in when they realised they were outmatched".

Pointing to a nearby guard "ever see him kill any guards or civilians? torture anyone? how has he been as a sergeant - how long has he had the job?, who hired him?" thinking about it "actually what is the normal policy on highly armed people entering at night after seeming to bewitch a guard - ignoring the fact that he is an ogre has he done anything wrong?".

She calmed herself at the comment on her mother, but if he knew a hag enough to comment on her personality and to know who her children were than he might be in league with her - she would have to keep an eye on him, if indeed it was a him - surely some of her sisters could pretend to be something other than hags. But maybe he was just guessing and spiteful.

The headless monster began to twitch and jerk a little.

The door opened in a nearby house and a dark figure stepped out. A tindertwig flare, then lit a lantern. “Good evening. My name is Odan Marko. I'd like to welcome you to Honeytown and proffer apologies for your poor reception.”

He glared down at the six and a half foot tall oni as it began to fumble around. He made an arcane gesture and hissed a word in draconic, jerking the creatures head away from it's grasping hands.

“I must concur with the young man. This creature is too dangerous to be permited to regenerate. It's proved to be capable of both mind control and shape shifting.” He strode up to the sight of the battle, drawing a scroll from his sleeve, then an adder's belly. He offered it to Abigail. “Would you care to review this writ? It delineates my authority to act in the name of the Lordship Adrian Landoval, Count of Honeytown. In keeping with the third clause, I have prepared evidence already on it's way to the castle that this man has violated the public trust and committed acts of rape against visitors to Honeytown.

“The grave responsibility now falls to me to invoke the fifth clause of my writ. In demonstrating the ability to shape change and exert supernatural control over the minds of it's victims, I must now end this creature's life before it can do further harm to his Lordship's people and guests.

“As I do not wish to further alienate you, honored guests, I will give you as long as I safely can to examine my writ of authority.”

Turning to Baltanna

You disgust me.

Looking at the noble who just made is pressence clear.

Glad to see that reason has won out at the end of the day. I was about to do this with or without permission from the count as it was the right thing to do but since you have the authority to do it properly I leave it in your capable hands. Good Evening.

Balenore goes and secures a room at the inn intent on leaving in the morning.

Narunir

Watching the demonic being slip in the grease he'd created was certainly one of the highlights of Narunir's day. The way it tumbled right into Abigail's blade would likely become quite the amusing story in the future.

Still though, he fidgeted as Balenore and Baltana argued over just what to do with the, apparently still living, corpse. None of the adventurer's stories he'd read over the years had ever detailed such an argument as this. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the corpse twitch. "Ack!" he cried, jumping back from it so fast one might think that he had teleported there.

Before he could speak up they were interrupted, "Ah, so you had already been investigating this man? Did you know that he was an...I think Balenore called him an Ogre Mage?" It seemed like a few of his men were surprised by the transformation that he'd gone through, so perhaps this man had been unaware as well. "If you're going to destroy the body, perhaps it should be removed from my grease first? I've never tested if it's flammable or not, but if so it might make the fire go out of control."

Poison_Ivy_2.jpg

Aramina Honeywine

The buxom sorceress nodded to Balenor and hurried into the guard tower.--thus missing the drama to follow. She put a gentle hand on the poor redhead's shoulder. "Did he hurt you?" she asked, not knowing what else to say though it was obvious from the torn and tattered state of her clothes that the girl had been treated quite badly.

She put down her backpack and drew out a soft green cloak. "Here. Some of the boys get strange when we don't dress well." She drew the cloak around the other girl's shoulders, giving her an opportunity to take a hug.

Olivia smiled at the attention the warrior priestess gave her, it was a frayed smile, but a smile none the less.

"I am unharmed physically.... I think he didn't want to leave any marks that would..... distract from his fun." She remarked neutrally.

As the angel given flesh walked over, Olivia felt her gaze drawn to the girl's chest. A soft pink tinge took over her cheeks, but she answered the girl's question like talking to her chest was the most natural thing in the world. "I..."

She started before the girl offered a hug, accepting, Olivia pulled her close and let the comforting bosom of Aramina engulf her. "I feel much better now." Olivia let out muffled into the sorceress's chest.

Aramina held the other redhead closely, glad that she could offer the lovely stranger some comfort. Fair fingers caressed strawbery blond tresses with extra strawberry.

After a moment, the flame haired girl found warmth spreading in her blood and a nice tingle rising from her cleavage. Oh... This is strange. It feels good, though.

She offered the other girl a soothing smile and a good squeeze. "My name's Aramina, what's yours?"

Olivia giggled like a lovestruck schoolgirl as the Sorceress started stroking her hair. Not that she could see the smile buried face deep in Aramina's cleavage.

"Hmm?" Olivia started her brain needing a decent restart while smothered by tits. "Oh um... That's a beautiful name Aramina. Mine's Olivia, sweetie." She started her hand moving to indicate herself and brushing up against Aramina's hips as they moved, before both of her hands went and placed themselves on Aramina's hips gently, but firmly. "Pretty, Aramina." She mumbled.

Baltana

As far as she was concerned the ogre was the paladin's responsibility as the one who mostly battled it, she had made her case for letting it live but she owed it nothing more than that so if the other woman was happy to allow an immediate execution that was her business.

Shrugging as the witch left she pondered his nature - not killing prisoners disgusted him - he was an odd one whatever he was.

Still she would wait until the business with the ogre was over before moving to the werewolf issue, and on that topic she walked back to him confirming if he had obeyed her instructions.

The long night hadn't ended yet.

A band of a half dozen knights road up within a few minutes, followed by the Count himself. Baltana found that the werewolf was nowhere in sight. Thinking back on it, she realized that when she'd last addressed him he'd been holding his wrists together in such a way that she might not see that the ropes had come loose... or been cut? The guards—babbling shallow excuses that the monster masquerading as their Sargent had made them do all the horrible things they'd done—rape and extortion mostly—were relieved of duty and ordered home. The Count informed them they were all under investigation and should not leave Honeytown on pain of death.

The Count expressed to the all his gratitude for dealing with the creature that had infiltrated his Watch. He lead them to an inn and rented every room available so that they could rest in comfort—they would still have to double up. He also informed them that a token of his gratitude would arrive for them at the luncheon hour.

It did, in the form of a letter of credit in value of 500 crowns each. Another 1,500 gold pieces in valuables in bags were presented to each of them. The last, it was explained by the messenger who brought it—was taken from the ogre's basement. Portable wealth that had been ruled no longer relevant to the investigation after they'd documented his ill gotten gains.

South, in the foothills of the High Moore, a band of hobgoblins looked out across the rolling plains. “Soon.”

Baltana

She was irked at the werewolf escaping without her noticing but she shrugged it off - she had delivered him to where he could be dealt with and they had loosed an Ogre on her instead so she kindof blamed them for whatever happened, and frankly with luck he would just have ran off to rethink his life.

Still free room and board was decent and a reward for standing and doing nothing while someone else killed an ogre was fine with her also, looking at Abigail "you are an impressive warrior - if we are to share bunks I would happy to share with you" she offered.

Over the next few days she would gather some equipment for dealing with resistant creatures, and than she considered aiding the community - a dance hall and a fighting club would likely allow for passions to run out without issue and might help the guards work through there issues, and make her some money long term in exchange for upfront costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom