Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Nana nodded, wiping a tear that had started to fall from her cheek. “Of course, thank you.” She said softly.

((Time for Yuki~?))

((Yiss!))

Akihime had managed to sneak off to explore the mansion while Amaya was busy with work. There was so much she hadn't seen and she had been here for as long as she could remember. Hanbei had always told her to stay away from his labs, but she loved science and wanted to see his experiments. But where even was his labs? She knew they were here but had no idea where.

As Akihime wondered further through the massive estate, she happened upon a white feather. It was beautiful, silvery and soft, had a bird come in through one of the windows? Then she spotted another, further down the hallway, and just at the very edge of the hallway corner, someone poked their head out from around the corner. A young girl, with white hair and eyes, staring at Akihime, then disappearing around the corner quickly.

Once Akihime rounded the corner, she found a few more feathers, leading down another winding corridor, the receding sounds of footsteps leading Akihime to something. Was she someone from the lab?

"Please come back! I won't tell Hanbei-sama, I promise!" She called. When she rounded another corner, she screamed and fell back at the loud sound of wings spreading. She looked up at a rather angry looking red headed man, his face lightly decorated with feathers, but the rest of him looked like he was dipped in tar and feathered heavily.
"Who are you?" The man demanded, "What are you doing here?"
"A-Akihime desu! I-I was just following the young girl!" Akihime sputtered.

There seemed to be some truth to Akihime’s words, a single white feather in her hands. A small figure poked their head from around a corner further down the hallway- it was the girl, watching the two silently. She looked just like the man before Akihime, only covered in white feathers, they were growing from her skin. Her eyes, which has appeared white were actually heavily scarred, covering most of her eyes, but not all. Was she blind? Partly?

"Wh-Why are you two here? Do you work with Hanbei-sama?"
"We're looking for someone." The man answered, lowering his winged arms, "Stay out of our way." He stated before going after the young girl.

The girl looked a little startled when Sasuke turned toward her, coming out from around the corner to meet up with the man. “I didn’t think she could see me..” The girl muttered, almost looking ashamed.

"You're fine, let's keep going."
"Wait...!" Sasuke turned quickly, glaring at Akihime, "Who are you looking for?"
"No one that concerns you. Leave." Sasuke hissed.

The young girl moved to Sasuke's side, holding onto the side of his shirt, keeping her gaze down on the floor. “I found him.” She whispered. “Forty feet down the hall, on the right.” She said quietly, as to only let him hear. “The doors not locked, but it’s got security on it..”

Sasuke left without another word, making Akihime gasp and follow, "Please, wait, maybe I can help!"
"Go away!" Sasuke snapped and shoved Akihime to the ground.

The young girls eyes were wide open, but not out of fear or surprise. The entiret of her eyes were a solid white now, and occasionally, her eyes shifted, like she was looking around. “Onii-chan, someone’s coming..!” She warned.

Sasuke cursed and held Sayuri before suddenly vanishing in a plume of inky black smoke. Akihime's eyes widened, gaze locked on where the two just were. She knew they were Deviants but now she was certain about it. She scrambled to her feet and looked around for somewhere to hide. If someone caught her down here, Hanbei would wring her neck in knots.

“Akihime-sama!” The voice was familiar, Amaya. She looked incredibly relieved, moving over and letting out a sigh. “What are you doing all the way down here?”

Akihime flushed when she turned to Amaya, "I was just looking around...Hanbei-sama was busy so I thought it would be a good time to see what he's always doing. He's a scientist, after all...I just wanted to learn something new.." She answered, "Sorry about worrying you, Ama..."

Amaya shook her head, a soft smile on her face. “Everything’s alright, but it’s late, you should rest, no?” She held out her hand, turning a bit to leave.

"Yeah.." She took her hand and followed her out, taking a moment to glance back to see if she could catch a glimpse of the bird-like Deviants.

The following days were quite busy at the estate, meaning mostly everyone was gone for the time being, Hanbei included.

The way back down to where she had first seen the two Deviants was quite easy, almost like she had walked that route a thousand times before. Then she saw the door down the hall, something about it called to her, but it was just like any other door, only this time, the door was cracked open slightly.

Akihime would’ve expected to see the two bird humanoids again, but the room was devoid of any such creatures. Instead, inside the pristine room was a bed and monitors, a young man lay resting on the bed. He was asleep, many different machines attached to him, but no obvious wounds on him. He had long brown hair, and sharp, slender features; what was he doing down in the lab?

Akihime gasped softly and covered her mouth. She slowly moved closer to him and blushed. He was quite handsome despite how sickly he looked. What was he doing down here? Was this the person the two Deviants were looking for?

The man wasn’t frail, but he was thin; lithe and lean. He had an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth, chest rising and falling slowly, arms at his side with both a saline drip and a blood transfusion going into his arm. He wasn’t restrained, it seemed like he had simply been plucked from a hospital and dropped inside Hanbei’s lab.

Back
Top Bottom