Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Nana’s own face flushed red, and she quickly looked down at the food on her plate. “U-Um if it’d be more comfortable for the repairs, I will have to remove the arm..”

“Ah, Cap’n, you know Ren’s out in Sector Eight making rounds!” A crew member at the table said, mouthful of vegetables. “Guess you get Nee-chan all to yourself~”
“Wh-Why don’t we just go to my room? My tools are there anyway..!” Nana suggested.

Nana returned to her food, face hot with her embarrassment, trying to push all the catcalling and teasing out of her head.

Motochika shoveled food into his mouth to keep from exploding at the crew, though he knew their teasing was in good fun. He was still embarrassed.

After dinner was finished, and everyone cleared out, Nana had gone to her room, preparing her work station she had set up in her bedroom, gathering everything she would need to service Motochika’s arm.

“Of course! I’m sorry I couldn’t maintain it as needed.” She said, patting the bench beside her. “I hope it didn’t cause you too much grief.”

Nana only gave a small nod, scooting closer to Motochika, and beginning her work. “Has your arm been causing you any pain?” She asked, removing the protective plate on his shoulder to detach his arm.

She nodded, unscrewing a few metal plates, then carefully removed his arm. Setting on the table in front of her, she examined the nerve receptor, then the metal plate attached to where his shoulder was. She made a soft noise, then returned her attention to the arm, starting to strip it down in search of the problem.

“Yeah... It’s like a prison, only you’re the glass prisoner.” She carefully pulled out the oil cartridge for his arm. “The only thing I’m allowed to tinker with were nothing more than children’s toys..” She gave him a soft smile. “At least the food wasn’t terrible.”

Nana shook her head, turning to look at him. “Not at all! The cooks are amazing!-“ She stopped, cheeks turning red. “Oh, you jest... Forgive me, there is little of that at Osaka, it’ll take me some time.”

“I look forward to it.” She worked methodically, checking every inch of every part before she found the issue. “Oh..” She frowned softly as she removed some heavily degraded wires. “This seems to be the problem, forgive my negligence, it seems I didn’t seal the wires properly..” She tossed the ruined wires into the trash, searching through her drawers for a new set of wires.

He shook his head, "I understand. We don't really have a huge call for wires, so any that are laying around are more than likely old to begin with."

Nana nodded, not able to find anything that could replace the wires in his arm. “Would we be able to dock at a trade port? There are a few parts I don’t have that I would like to get.” She made a few tweaks on Motochika’s arm. “Do you think you can manage without your arm for a little bit?”

She nodded, turning toward him and wiping her hands on her pants. “I should be able to get some parts that I’ll need.” She said. “I’ll make sure it’s even better this time.”

Back
Top Bottom