Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“Did you design the engine yourself?” She asked, tucking her notebook away in her overalls.

“She’s beautiful, the engine is amazing, I’ve never seen anything that small run something so large and stay in such amazing shape.” She praised.

He tried not to brag but if she insisted on stroking his ego like that then he was more than happy to flap his gums about how great he was. "Yeah, it took me a really long time and a lot of tinkering but I did a fine good job with her."

“You did an amazing job, truly, I’ve only seen such engineering genius when I worked under Yoshitsugu.” She seemed genuinely excited to talk more about engines. “Where did you learn?”

“You’re really amazing Aniki!” Nana smiled brightly, that same heart-melting smile that always struck Motochika right in the gut. “One of these days I’ll have to steal you down here so you can show me yourself.”

Motochika's face lit up like a firework, burning redder than the engine itself. He looked away and scratched his cheek bashfully, "Oh, uh...sure, if you wanted to..." He muttered before clearing his throat, "Perhaps you wanna wash up before meal time?"

Nana nodded, hardly noticing his blush, it was rather hot in the engine room after all. “Of course, I’ll meet you at the mess hall!” She said, then hurried up the stairs passed him.

Nana didn’t take long cleaning up, changing her dirty clothes for clean ones and heading down to the mess hall to grab some food, finally realizing just how hungry she was.

Motochika had saved her a spot, a whole plate of various sealife piled onto everyone's plate; the catch was kind today, there were crabs and lobster, tuna and cod with corn cobs and leeks. "Ohayo, Nee-san!" The crew greeted brightly.

Nana blushed softly when the entire crew greeted her, all eyes in her direction. She smiled softly and waved in response, moving to the spot Motochika had saved for her.

“Starving.” Nana said, grabbing a crab leg and breaking the outter shell, eating the meat inside.

Nana got that same sparkle in her eye she always got when talks about anything mechanical. “It’s an honor, truly.” She spoke even with a mouthful of food. “I didn’t get to do much engineering at Osaka castle, not after being taken as Hideyoshi’s wife. I was able to make small projects, but this,” She shook her head. “This is a dream come true.”

Nana stopped, setting down her crab leg and wiping her hands on her pants. “Here, let me take a look at your arm.” She said with a frown.

Nana took out a small pocket tool, taking the protective plating off of his arm to look inside. She made a small noise, using a flashlight to look over everything. “I might need to detach your arm and do a more thourough inspection, I don’t see any obvious signs of wear, and nothing is out of place...” She chewed on her lip, looking up at Motochika. “How does the connection feel?”

Nana shook her head. “It sounds like it- I can take a look at it now, but I’ll need more tools.” She said, taking the protective plate and screwing it back on.

Back
Top Bottom