Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“Any mechanical parts that can be spared, or even metal scraps would be most appreciated.” She said, digging into the fish first.

“Admittedly, a little of both, if you don’t mind?” Her face flushed a bit, had she asked too much of him already?

Nana almost looked embarrassed at his arm. “I barely had time to make that one, allow me to create a new arm for you as well. I’m sure there are plenty of tune-ups and updates needed.”

Nana bowed her head to him. “I’m sorry for neglecting my work, Th condition of your arm is inexcusable..!” She had set her fork aside, bowing to him.

He waved his hand dismissively, giving a faint snort, "Stop that nonsense. It couldn't be helped. The important thing is, is that you're here now and you can fix it."

Nana peeled up at Motochika, giving a nod. “Thank you...” She took her fork in her hand, but waited to eat. “Truly, words cannot express my gratitude. You saved my life as well as my soul.”

"It's worth saving, isn't it? If you have an opportunity to change your life for the better, take it." He said before returning to his food, "Everyone with an opportunity like yours should always take it."

She was quiet for a moment, then started to eat. “And I thank you for also showing me that when I could not see it for myself. I will make sure I live my life to the fullest, and cherish those I have around me.”

Nana smiled back. “I look forward to it, being still isn’t a strong suit of mine.” She admitted, finishing off he fish and moving to the beef.

The next morning, just as Nana had promised, she was in the engine room, looking over everything and taking notes, all while referring to Motochika’s own notes while she did so. She first had to familiarize herself with the engine room, then look for anything that would need new parts or upgrades.

Nana looked up from Motochika’s notes, shaking her head. “Fortunately I’m alright, just going through Motochika’s notes and seeing how he put everything together; actually.” She set the notebook aside. “Is there anything you know about the engine that you could give advice on?”

"Sometimes when we put her at maximum power, she gets real upset so we gotta feed her more steam. Aniki says it'll end up hurting her in the long run but it eases the stress on her." He said, "We can't figure out what's wrong with her to make her so cranky when we get her goin'.."

Nana mulled over his words, nodding and grabbing her note book. “Arigatou, I’ll see what I can do to fix that.”

Nana spent hours in the engine room, inspecting every inch of the Fugaku’s engine. Once she had become familiar with everything, she went to inspecting any parts that would need frequent replacement. Glad for her small stature, she as able to fit in all the nooks and crannies beneath the engine, cleaning out grime. All the while, mapping out the whole Engine Room and drawing up new schematics. She would see what she could do about fixing the overheating engine.

Everyone was really impressed that she could get to the places they couldn't, glad the Fugaku could get the TLC she deserved. And the best part was no one treated her differently because Nana was a woman; she was treated the same as the others, maybe with a bit more politeness because Motochika was fond of her, but she received no exceptional special treatment than any other member of the crew. It was nice, oddly enough, not being treated like a glass statue because you were some concubine to an important figure like Hideyoshi.

For the most part, the Fugaku’s engine was in perfect shape, the only issue being the overheating issue. So when dinner finally came, Nana was still busy as ever, working in her notebook on new ways to take the strain off of the engine, all while still allowing it to go full speed, to even make it go faster.

Nana was covered in soot and oil, sweating through her shirt. She looked up when Motochika called for her, nodding. She made a few more notes in her book before closing it, standing up and heading up the stairs. “Everything looks great down here!” There was a sparkle in her eyes. “It’s amazing!”

Back
Top Bottom