Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“Thank you, Ieyasu, truly.” She bowed her head to him, pulling the coat on that Ieyasu lent to her.

“Of course.” She nodded, then stood. “There is one more thing I might ask if you.” She said, looking to him. “Would you be willing to give someone asylum? She is in danger and is being manipulated for an evil cause.”

Amaya nodded, thanking him once more, and then leaving. Ieyasu had loaned her a motor bike as well as the clothes, making it so she didn’t have to walk the entire way back.
When she did arrive, it was night again, which would mean an easier time entering the estate.

Akihime's bedroom light was on, which meant she was still awake reading or one of her other night activies. Had she been ok with Amaya gone?

Amaya knew every guard rotation by memory, it would be easy to get in without being noticed. It took a bit of time, but she made it to Akihime’s room, slowly and quietly opening the door, then peeking inside.

"I told you, Shima, I'm not-" Akihime looked and gasped loudly, covering her mouth before throwing her book away without a second thought, "Ama...!" She tried not to scream, not wanting Mitsunari to hear, or worse Shima.

Amaya smiled softly and opened the door further, entering the room and moving over to Akihime. “I’m sorry I took so long.” She said softly. “I’m home.”

"Welcome home, welcome home, welcome home...!" She chanted softly, crying as she hugged her friend tightly, "I was so worried, I thought you would never come home...!"

Amaya wrapped her arms around Akihime tightly, returning her embrace. “I’m sorry to have worried you, I’m fine.” She said, petting Akihime’s head.

"What happened? Mitsunari-sama wouldn't tell me anything, it was awful...! And after he made Shima my new protector, I thought..." She started to cry more, not wanting to finish.

Amaya shook her head. “It’s a long story, I’ll tell you another time, but for now we need to go.” She said, pulling away a bit. “I’ve gotten you somewhere safe to stay.”

"I can't..." Akihime frowned and pulled down the folded collar of her pajamas to show the blinking iron bangle around her neck, "Date Masamune came through while you were away and I aided in his escape...Hanbei-sama put this on me so I can't leave the estate. If there is somewhere safe, then you should go while you're still free, Ama."

Amaya felt dread in her stomach, staring at the collar with wide eyes. “It doesn’t matter, we’ll have it removed.” She took Akihime by the hand, leading her to the open door quickly. “Where we’re going, Hideyoshi won’t be able to touch you.”

"Ama, please, don't worry about me anymore...! You should save yourself...!" Akihime argued. When Amaya reached for the door, the handle was already turning; Akihime gasped and pulled Amaya away as quickly as she could and stood in front of her. What protection could she provide? She didn't know, but she knew she wanted to defend Amaya at all costs. Shima stepped in and blinked in confusion, "Amaya?? I thought you were dead?"
"Get out of my room, Shima!" Akihime ordered, her voice shaking. She couldn't use her ability.

Akihime might not have been able to use her powers, but Amaya certainly could. Grabbing Akihime’s wrist, she pulled her out of the way, a sizeable ice shard already forming in her hand. As she pulled Akihime out of the way, she launched the sharp shard at him, brows furrowed.

Shima deflected it in the blink of an eye, his tanto no longer in its sheath but in his hand and the ice shard split in two and pierced into the wall. "Shame on you, Amaya." He remarked. Akihime panicked.
"Please don't tell Mitsunari-sama, Shima, I'll never see her again...!" She begged, "I'll do anything...!"
"Anything~?" Shima echoed.

Amaya felt her anger spike. “You disgusting rat!” She snarled as she moved across the room and toward him at inhuman speed, using her robotic leg to go much faster than her human body would’ve been able too.

"Ama, no!" Akihime grabbed her arm tightly to stop her, "No, please, he's already going to put you in enough trouble...! I don't want to lose you for real this time...!"

Amaya stopped when Akihime grabbed her, clenching her teeth. “I’m dead either way.” She said lowly, but complied, ceasing her attacks.

"Don't talk like that!" Akihime was crying, "I won't let anything happen to you!"
"You stay right there while I get Mitsunari." Shima said and left. Akihime hiccupped and hugged Amaya's arm.
"I won't let any of them hurt you..." She mumbled weakly.

Amaya gently pulled Akihime away from her arm, Gripping her shoulder and looking at her. “Please, Akihime-sama, go now.” She said softly, handing her the keys to the motorcycle. “Go to Ieyasu, he will keep you safe, he’s already promised me.”

"B-But I can't..." She whimpered, "The collar, Hanbei-sama will find me...he'll just bring me back." She took Amaya's hands and held them tightly, "I don't want to leave you behind...!"

“There is no time to argue this..!” Akihime could see the urgency in Amaya’s eye, heat it in her voice. “Just go, you don’t have much time.”

Back
Top Bottom