Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“Perhaps it’s because I’m warmer?” She mused, wiggling her fingers and sighing in relief, glad she had two arms once again.

Kojurou’s cell rang from within his coat pocket, exactly at four, Friday like always. Megohime stood by the phones in the facility Kojurou had brought her to, waiting for an answer on the other end of the line.

"You are quite the space heater." She teased before kissing her head and kissing Daisuke's, "It'll be a couple hours before your legs are done but it'll go by fast." She said and headed off back to work.

It rang three times before Kojurou answered, "It's good to hear from you, Megohime-dono. How was your week this week?" He tried to keep it formal, but usually after hearing how her week had gone, it was like talking to an older brother.

Megohime sighed heavily over the line, almost back to normal with her attitude an d mannerisms, like nothing had happened at all. “It’s slow and boring here like always, the clothes are awful and I miss my phone.” She paused for a moment, her tone becoming a bit more serious. “How is he..?”

He heard her sniffle a bit, giving a soft laugh. “That’s because he’s not putting on his lotions like he’s supposed to.” Megohime always had taken care of Masamune more than others would have thought, keeping his skin and scales hydrated, manicuring his nails, and even trimming his hair for him. “Is he eating well?” She sounded like a doting mother, always asking questions about how Masamune was doing.

“I’m sorry if he’s giving you trouble... Is... Would you ask him if he’d talk with me this time..?” She asked softly.

"I can ask but I wouldn't get my hopes up." He said before he muffled the phone and she heard it rustle against his coat as he walked. There were muffled voices before silence and the phone rustling again.
"I guess I've avoided you long enough..." Masamune's voice said gruffly. "I heard you've been doing really well, Mego.." He said gently.

The line was quiet for a long while before he heard her answer. “Yeah.” She sounded like it was taking everything in her to just keep from crying, hardly able to make out a single word. “Yeah..”

“Yeah... I’m really sorry..” She sniffled and wiped her eyes on her sleeve. “What about you..? Kojurou says you’re not doing great either..”

“I hope I’ll be able to come home soon... Your hair must look awful, I bet you haven’t even brushed it..” She laughed softly.

He could hear a groan on the other end. “And you must have crazy bad dead ends- and you aren’t taking care of your nails either, are you?”

She sighed, but still sounded absolutely thrilled to just be speaking with him. “Just try to take care of yourself?”

“The doctors all say I’m doing much better, that when I am discharged, to find a support system or two.” She said softly.

"We could go on more dates..." He said, "Or just go out somewhere when you don't feel so good...Kojurou always needs help in his garden..." He offered.

She laughed softly. “They meant something more like seeing a shrink or something... But I won’t turn down your offers.”

"I'll find you the best shrink...only the best for you." He said. He fell quiet for a moment, "I hated kicking you out, you know...but I just...I couldn't keep watching you kill yourself..."

“I know... I’m sorry, you shouldn’t have had to see that..” She said softly. “It won’t happen again though... I won’t make you watch me kill myself..”

Another week would pass before Megohime was officially discharged, sitting in the quiet lobby with her bag of clothes Kojurou had brought her as she waited for her ride home.

Back
Top Bottom