Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Hanbei’s expression was still the same cool look as always, but his eyes showed his disgust. “Hideyoshi-sama, this was a slight against you, I would see Akihime imprisoned; what are your orders, My Lord?”

Hideyoshi didn't show much emotion from this reveal but he was definitely angry. "Unfortunately, we still need her as a figurehead for the masses. Confine her to her room for now, she is not to leave. Let no one in besides her guardian." He stated. Akihime looked relieved if only a little. At least she wouldn't be in the cells. "Make sure Yoshitsugu has a few words with her as well." Hideyoshi added. Akihime paled then. Her father? Alone with her in her room? She would prefer a cell. But then he would still come and belittle her.

Amaya had to be put under local anesthetic while Yoshitsugu worked on repairing the remains of her arm, and attaching a new one. Amaya had plenty of spare parts, but it was installing them that was the hardest part.

Amaya was quite out of it, only able to look at Yoshitsugu while he worked, her entire body numb, but everyso often she felt pressure on her shoulder where he was working.

“Not... Her... Fault...” She managed to whisper, blinking slowly as she kept her eye glued to him. Her flesh and blood eye was still swollen, but had healed quite a bit over the four days it took to return to Osaka.

“She was only protecting me... Don’t be too mad with her..” She wheezed, wincing in pain and groaning.

“Please...? Anything, I’ll give... Anything.” She begged him, fighting for consciousness.

It took Yoshitsugu hours to give her a new arm and leg as well as fix her ribcage and install a new eye. "There we are.." He said to himself, "Good as new."

Amaya looked pretty worse for wear, she’d need at least a week to recuperate enough to function. For now, she did exactly what she needed to, rest.

He requested his assistants to take Amaya back to Akihime's room and they nodded, carrying her carefully out of the work room and to Akihime.

It was the same dream as always- whenever she dreamed, which happened to only be when she had repairs done on herself, she dreamt of a fight she could not recall partaking in. It always was the same in her dream, telling a group of people to go, while she faced down someone alone. She couldn’t see their face, it was always hidden by fog, but in the end, she always died by his blade.

Fingers were playing with her hair, soft and gentle. She didn't feel like she was on the little table she was repaired on, it didn't feel like her bed either. She could smell lilac and lotus flowers; was she in Akihime's room? In her bed?

It took a while for Amaya to wake, and even after her long slumber, she looked exhausted. “Akihime-sama..?” She opened her eyes slowly, vision blurry.

She smiled sadly, still playing with her friend's hair, "I'm fine...though I have been put under house arrest for treason." She said, "Father will be in to deal with me soon...but you're safe and that's all that matters to me."

“It wasn’t your fault... If I hadn’t been captured, you wouldn’t have said anything... I won’t allow them to harm you..” She said softly.

"Ama, there's nothing that can be done...its fine, I accept my punishment. It is much better than dying in my opinion.." She said, "Just rest...you're still recovering from what that monster did to you.."

Amaya wanted to argue, but already she felt herself drifting away, eyes closing, even as she fought them.

Back
Top Bottom