Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Nana gently cupped the sleeping baby’s face, smiling gently. “He’ll grow up to be kind and strong like his father.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere... But just so you know, even if I wasn’t here, you’d do just fine.” She assured, leaning against him.

She laughed. “I suppose that’s true, but I don’t plan on going anywhere any time soon.”

She shook her head, taking his hand gently. “Never. Not for anything.” She said with a small smile.

((Carr to start us~?))

Nana nudged him gently with her shoulder. “Oh stop, you were doing just fine without me before.”

"Aye, but now I'm doing better! I wouldn't trade better for fine." He teased. Time passed and things were going quite swimmingly for everyone, including Motochika who juggled being captain and father. But something happened with Nobuchika that was a little unsettling. He started developing a cough, a nasty awful wheezing cough that woke Nana and Motochika in terror some nights.

No matter what Ren prescibed for the child, the cough only persisted and grew more severe, drawing Nana away from the engines entirely once more. She stayed with him nearly every second she could, trying to do something to help combat the cough, but nothing seemed to help in the slightest.

"Ren thinks it's whooping cough, Nana.." Motochika said as he tried soothing Nobuchika through his sobs and gasps of air, "Toyotomi is the only one with the medication for it.."

Nana was crying with Nobuchika, but she was dead silent as she tried to stop the babes fussing. “There’s nothing here that would help him?” She finally asked, eyes red and puffy from crying all night, not sleeping a wink either.

He shook his head, "If we don't convince them to give us the medication, he..." He stopped and closed his eyes, "We'll be in port in a couple hours...the steam seemed to soothe him a little, let's have that running again.."

He could see just how much this weighed on Nana and worried her, but she kept herself together for Nobuchika. She nodded and moved to turn on the air steamer once more, then returned to her sons side. “What do we do..? Sh-Should we just send out a call to them? Ask them for medicine..? God, what if they just attack the ship?”

"I'll open the comms and send out a call, request medicine. I'll sell my arm to them if I have to." He said as he stood. He kissed her head and pet her hair, "I won't let anything happen to our son, Nana, I promise."

Nana nodded, looking down at her baby with a frown and tears in her eyes. Was this her punishment? Her punishment for abandoning her first son with the tyrant she had married?

Nana would refuse to leave Nobuchika’s side, doing what she could to make him comfortable during his coughing fits, worried to death.

"Aniki, they're sayin' they won't negotiate with no pirates."
"Give me that." Motochika yanked the headset away and put it on, "Listen here, you shit brained ass wipe; I have an infant here that will die without the proper medication! Yer gonna make us a deal or I'll bust down your front door!"

The radio was dead silent, not a single noise coming from the receiver for what seemed like minutes before a soft click and then static; they had ended the transmission.

Back
Top Bottom