Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Revival (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Megohime was passed out in bed again, cheeks stained with tears, and reeking of booze. He hadn’t seen her for two days, and there she was passed out in bed.

It wasn’t unusual for Megohime to be so blacked out she could hardly stand, so it was no surprise when she couldn’t stay on her feet. She didn’t even verbally respond to him, didn’t look him in the eyes, just tried to pry his hand free of her arm. Her face was gaunt and her fingers thin; she looked like just falling would break her.

Megohime couldn’t keep up, she didn’t have the strength or coordination. She fell and was dragged multiple times, but managed to stumble to her feet a few times as well.

Megohime tumbled to the floor and laid there, not looking at Masamune as the door slammed behind her, and not trying to get back in either. After a moment, she simply stood and slowly staggered off, leaving her bag of clothes behind.

“Don’t bother..” She muttered, continuing on her way, too tired to cry. “It doesn’t matter now..”

“Home? The place where I get pittied stares, where people turn away when I come in..?” She stopped and swayed a bit. “Where the man I love won’t even touch me anymore? Everyone’s disgusted by me, even I am- I’m disgusting. I don’t have a home.”

"Only because you insist on destroying yourself. We worry. Masamune doesn't know how to make you understand. You won't listen. Please, let me get you the proper help you need so you can come back." He said.

“I don’t need your shitty help.” She spat, heading off once again, staggering and stumbling like a drunkard.

“Let go of me!” She clawed at his hand, trying to yank free. “This is your fault! All of this happened because of you!”

“Stop it! Fucking let me go!” Megohime kicked and scratched Kojurou hard. “Masamune! Masamune help me!” She screamed tears falling down her face.

Nothing happened. Masamune didn't come barreling out to help her, nor did she hear him shout at Kojurou.
"He will not." Kojurou said and forced her into the car.

Megohime felt like her head had been punched from her chest when Masamune didn’t come rushing to her side, finally giving up and letting Kojurou push her into the car. She cried silently in the backseat, not trying to get out of the car.

The entirety of the Fugaku was celebrating, Nana had finally given birth to Motochika’s child, and both mother and baby were doing well. Motochika had a son, Nobuchika, who was a big and healthy baby, and was already keeping his parents rather busy.

Motochika couldn't be happier, he took Nobuchika everywhere around the Fugaku to show him around. Even down to the engines, only to be forced out by Nana due to lack of safety. He assured Nobuchika would be fine, obviously more confident in their son's care.

Nana had returned to working on the engines for their upkeep and maintenance, but spent more of her time with her son and Motochika. She would show him the birds that flew overhead, and the waves beneath them, and he would stare in silence and on occasion, reach for the sea birds.

“You just haven’t dealt with him when he’s hungry.” Nana laughed softly. “That’s when he takes after you.” She said, gently petting the small amount of hair on the baby’s head.

Back
Top Bottom