Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dagor Dagerath - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears so! I may or may not make them for significant orc and uruk-hai characters that I might play. Do you guys and gals think its necessary?

I was originally thinking evil but am beginning to think more of a free agent. I'm not yet sure how to incorporate her into the RP.

Alright, though what was I reading her background, what's this about a dark prophecy?

I wouldn't, I think you should sort of sit on them, with the exception of like descriptions or something.

I'm just thinking her family believed she would be important, might be part of the larger prophecy or it might just be delusions of grandeur and ambition.

@LeaT: Sorry if it seems that Raen ignored Moira - I read all of the posts, but when I went to post, Moira's whereabouts must have slipped my mind! OTL;;

No worries, she is easy to overlook! She does have a bit of a temper though...

Yay. Looks like I'm up.

Southern group, @Garrison, @Serenity and @Artemis. You three are going to go get a shard of the Sun all on your own. It's going to be located way to the west of Gondor, in a place called Andrast (click for map). You will encounter hillmen, played by me, to oppose you. Hopefully it will give you something to do. Would this interest you two?

The northern group will then go into Angmar and find a shard there. Then the two groups should hopefully meet in the Misty Mountains region and find another shard in the marshes along the Great River.

What does everyone think of this plan?

Benny and I chatted about this via discord, Im in agreement with it. Its time to spice things up a bit :)

It gives us a nice solid plan to follow.

Thanks Benny!

a descent plan... but Andrast is really far, away from the group and out of where, at least in my mind. where the Party is headed, which was probably to minas Tirith where the learned people are. I would counter and say perhaps the group that attacked Serenetys caravan is still mucking about, and was going to pounce the travelers when they left the shelter of he walled city.

Perhaps the chieftan of this raiding party has the shard as some sort of decoration or trophy from a battle that he fought or he just found and thought it looked pretty. either way, the southern partys resident scholar could realize the importance of such an artifact and seek confirmation in her library back at Rivendel.
we could be harried and hunted all the way back because REVENGE! or hey they are travellers, get em. Either way.

while your party actually finds out there is one residing at the peak of Amun sul or weathertop, Complication it has been taken over by some rebel force which is worshiping it like a golden calf. which will be played by myself and whomever else wishes to contribute.

for whatever reason, perhaps because Bennys character learns there is still a small enclave of elves who may know of another place where a piece of the sun has been hidden away or because of a multitude of other reasons, they make a pitstop in Imladris or Rivendel. and then the two parties meet.

Then as a full party we can head to angmar which can be filled with all sorts of bad guys.

what do you think about that?

I dont know that I quite like the idea of a piece of the sun being worshiped by a rebel force. just kinda feels a little off to me. But we will see what everyone else has to say on that subject :)

Another compromise that we could make if andrast seems to far is having it be found a little closer. If Minus Tirith was the goal we could find it on the way there. Decide to go back to rivendell from there, but on the way we encounter the other group in the misty mountains, since we have to cross the misty mountains to get back to rivendell anyway

Well my plan isn't exactly unfeasible. The distance from Alburg to Andrast is almost the same as Brandywine Bridge to the mountains of Angmar. You do not have to play out this journey. Simply time skip your characters to the area and go searching. Now that is not to say you can still not encounter those raiders and so forth and deal with them. Perhaps they made some sort of encampment around the shard and so forth.

I like this idea of hitting the wilds first before we move to any civilized or inhabited areas like Minas Tirith or Rivendel. Rivendel is actually pretty abandoned at this point. No Elrond and most of the wiser elves already left, probably taking most of their valuables with them. That only leaves Minas Tirith as a place of lore and learning so I'd like to come there at a later stage in the RP. Weathertop also doesn't work since it'll probably be reoccupied as a fortress of Arnor, the northern kingdom.

But after the Andrast/Angmar adventure, our two groups can meet west of Moira/Khazad-Dum and journey together into the mountains where the third shard will be. We can put the fourth in Mirkwood and the last in Mordor and maybe add one more if we think we want more adventures.

It's sort of like a progression. We go to the wild areas first (Andrast/Angmar), the semi-wild areas next (Misty Mountains, Mirkwood) and finally the civilized areas last where the battles are and such. It's only my suggestion. Heading to Minas Tirith right away cuts out most of the northern and western halves of Middle-Earth.

EDIT: Y'all come on Discord, easier to plot there. We all got good ideas, we just need to find a good path to follow.

I'm pretty flexible and am happy to defer to whatever plans you develop. I prefer to be surprised though so rest assured I'll play along with whatever grand plot develops.

I'm open to ideas as to where to insert my as yet un-introduced character.

hey sorry for the lapse, the holidays have been pretty consuming lately. will post soon hopefully

Hi all! I’m still working on a character and catching up, but likely after Xmas.

Psyched to join and love LOTR. Happy to play villains that need to be vanquished as the story requires, but was likely going to create a warrior type character for some more muscle!

Sounds awesome! Welcome abroad and could always use more muscle for the good and bad guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom