Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dagor Dagerath - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivine said:
Well then, I'd be happy to play as one!

Considering this is in the Fourth Age, what dwarven realms are you planning on having around? The Iron Hills? Erebor? The Glittering Caves?

Those are all possibilities! You can be from the Glittering Caves if you wish to live under Gimli Gloin's son's rule. Moria is a possibility too, as Serenity pointed out, though they wouldn't call it Moria anymore (it means Black-Pit, not a nice name that a dwarf would use for an ancient, holy site).

And yes, wiki234, your characters are more in the realm of science fiction than Tolkien's universe.

My character is up. Yes, he's an old, immortal fuck but he seems suitable for leading this sort of quest. I can make editions if necessary. I might also make a human character too.

BennyQ said:
My character is up. Yes, he's an old, immortal fuck but he seems suitable for leading this sort of quest. I can make editions if necessary. I might also make a human character too.

If we can have more than one character, that would be pretty sweet. I had an idea for another character that I'd really love to play~ :3 Just let me know yes or no~

If you wish to play as a villain in this RP you're going to be waiting quite a bit until the goodies are ready to roll, just letting you know.

The closest thing to undead Knights that we have in this universe are the nazgul and they are long dead at this point. Well... Not dead but destroyed..and i am not sure that having a full blown dragon really..... most of them if not all are evil... But if you want to be an antagonist... Maybe... If you have a cool story pitch..

Doesn’t someone have to play the antagonist anyway, I could play a few of the monsters they have as an army like undead soldiers and the dragon of that could work, what would be a good race to play as then beside human, dwarf, or elf for the good side.

OK to make things simple and less confusing, the races that you can choose from are as follows:

Good Guys:
-Elves
-Dwarves
-Humans
-Hobbits

Villians:
-Barrow-wights
note these undead monsters haunted the Barrow-downs near Bree.
-The Dead
note if you play 'the dead' you are playing them according to the definition from the tolkienverse. They are spirits of men who could not pass on to the afterlife.
I dont want an army of dead people or knights. They mostly haunt specific areas from the info Ive read.
-Orcs
-Uruk-hai
-Trolls
-Wargs

Now if Benny or Garrison wants to add to that list they can as I believe both have a fair bit more knowledge then me. However that is the list. No deviating or changing things. They are played specific to Tolkienverse.

Now if you want to play a villian thats fine, you just may not always be able to post and you will have to coordinate with us as we aren't going to have constant attacks. Benny has taken on the role of the main villian who basically rules over all the evil creatures of middle earth as I understand it.

Just to clarify, because I missed a comment earlier, you guys can play multiple characters.
I anticipate starting us off today :) Even so, new players are welcome to join anytime, we will work them in, and new characters can always be added in.

I think you need a Burglar...

I posted my profile, I hope you have room for me. I'm small!

Thank you. It sounds like a wonderful idea and I look forward to writing with all of you.

I have been reading through the previous posts to get caught up. Are we going to have some sort of posting order? I suppose for introductions it isn't that critical but I don't want to step on anyone's toes (though I'm barefoot so it won't hurt a bit).

I think that a posting order in a group with more then three people is hard to adhere to, so theres no posting order. However, if something big is going on coordination will probably be needed.

Mine and Benny's character have met and are now going on and recruiting people so no ones really met yet (unless any of you guys are having your characters travelling together.)

With the two of you in the Grey Havens it might be easiest for you to just pick me up in the Shire. Unless you prefer I come to you.

I haven't done much group play so I will follow your lead.

Would it be fine to use this http://www.xsjjys.com/data/out/227/WHDQ-513623852.jpg as a pic for my character, I would want her to be a human assassin if that could work.

A human assassin could work. How do you intend to fit her in though?

so the sun has already gone out?

also for all you butts, this is an interactive map of middle earth.
http://lotrproject.com/map/#zoom=3&lat=-1396.14242&lon=1483.81873&layers=BTTTTTTTT

LeaT said:
With the two of you in the Grey Havens it might be easiest for you to just pick me up in the Shire. Unless you prefer I come to you.

I haven't done much group play so I will follow your lead.

The shire is fairly close to Lindon, it would make sense to travel through there, or close by to it and come upon your character.

Garrison said:
so the sun has already gone out?

also for all you butts, this is an interactive map of middle earth.
http://lotrproject.com/map/#zoom=3&lat=-1396.14242&lon=1483.81873&layers=BTTTTTTTT

Sorry! Yes it has >< That was my bad for not posting that before hand.......

Mine is up as well. I can either wait for a visit to the Shire or strike out to meet on the road if you don't want to make a stop there. If you want to visit the Shire I can play the part of the Thain if you want to interact with him.

Ok, Im thinking the best way for our group to come together is for our characters to run into eachother along the way. Our plan is to travel to a few different areas, the North, the Lonely Mountain area, Gondor, Harad, Mordor/East. Another idea is that some of them can be drawn by word of mouth, especially as the group grows.

The primary goals are 1: Unite the races, 2: Collect the pieces of the sun.

So it wouldnt be a completely secretive group. The second goal may not be as freely spoken of, since we wouldnt want to throw any wrenches into that plan. But the other would. So word could certainly spread that way, and then other characters could then seek the group out if they chose.

LeaT I will get back to you with an answer to your question today :)

Hmm would it be fine if my character was from a disciplined assassin tribe from Harad? If that could work I think I could make my character...

Okay, I've posted. Artemis, you can have your character join up and then we can shift over to the Shire where we can run into LeaT's characters out in the wilderness and recruit her too! Then on to Bree where we can rest at a tavern and meet the other group? How does that sound to you all for our short term activities?

Afterwards, once we're all gathered, we can have them head north to Angmar and have some squabbles with some goblin tribes.

BennyQ said:
Okay, I've posted. Artemis, you can have your character join up and then we can shift over to the Shire where we can run into LeaT's characters out in the wilderness and recruit her too! Then on to Bree where we can rest at a tavern and meet the other group? How does that sound to you all for our short term activities?

Afterwards, once we're all gathered, we can have them head north to Angmar and have some squabbles with some goblin tribes.

Garrison told me that he had messaged Serenity about being in two groups or something, but I'm good for whatever. :)

So...ALL FRIENDS, a question for you: on a scale from 1 to "I own a first American Edition of the Silmarillion" do you fall on the Tolkien fan scale? What all have you read or seen? :) I'm just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom