Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dagor Dagerath - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serenity

Supernova
So BennyQ and I were chatting via discord, just throwing ideas about (mostly benny was throwing the ideas lol) But I agree with them. So Im posting them here for anyone who joins to see and discuss, and throw out their own ideas if they wish.

What was tossed out so far by Benny:

-Benny's thoughts
----what I think of them, or my own little addins.

- a fellowship type thing
----I think this is a good idea, it suits since both LotR and the hobbit had fellowships, so it kind of keeps in line with his work.

-
The fellowship would be travelling through middle earth in an attempt to find and restore the pieces of the sun.
----Gives us a very decent beginning and a nice daunting challenge to overcome.
----The person who begins the quest, would maybe have witnessed the shattered pieces of the sun fall and have a vague idea of the places we need to travel

-
Travel to like five places; the North, the Lonely Mountain area, Gondor, Harad, Mordor/East
----This gives us specific places to outline the travel plan of our characters.

-
Benny and I have already made characters, two elves, so we were thinking, depending on what races people pick, we would leave from the west and 'recruit' people
----I think this idea gives us room to be able to start fairly quickly and also gives room for new people to continue to join!

I was thinking of playing a dunedain Ranger if that is cool, but I guess I am wondering... where are we starting?

Absolutely :) you can play pretty much any type of character you like.
Im thinking we would probably be starting out from the west somewhere. And working our way through the land looking for the shattered pieces of the sun.

Uh so will someone be taking the main reigns of the Rp? Because I will let you know while I know plenty about lord of the rings, The sillmarilion is where most of my knowledge drops off

Yes, I'll lead with Benny's help. Mostly because Im not huge on knowing all the lore myself, though I have been looking quite a bit up. It is a group so I am open to input from you and anyone else that happens to join, which is mainly why I thew up the things that me and benny had been discussing.

We're mostly in the Fourth Age and will be sticking to Middle-Earth it seems so Silmarillion aspects won't be really indulged as much. A basic understanding of the Lord of the Rings and the geography and such is necessary. I can RP out the main regions and hope others can help out where they may?

There's always the tolkiengateway.net website for research and reading! Check it out.

Gotta love tolkiengateway.net, actually have spent a bit of time there myself!
(Hopefully we can get some more people on here, but then again I suppose 3 people would be more than enough)
Alright, a few more questions, and don't mistake my inquisiveness for disinterest.
So out of curiosity things like combat, with they be done in usual group to fashion or shall be have at least a primitive style of roll dice do a thing?

And i suppose we can all wear multiple hats when it comes to antagonising our little fellowship, or is that hat already being worn?

Combat I think we should discuss beforehand how we want to handle it. I for one have never played any tabletop roleplaying game or systems RP, so dice rolling is beyond me, though I'm willing to learn and try it out!

As for playing the baddies, hell yes the more the better. Not like I can play a gang of 100 orcs all by myself or something

This is no rabble of mindless Orcs. These are the Uruk-hai, their armor thick and their shields broad...

oh really? I for one really dont want to be bogged down by 1000 rolls, but on the other hand I do want there to be a chance of failure and screw up.. so i suppose discussion is the right way to go. and I dont know how experienced serenity is either.

but as for me I am well versed in at least 3 versions of table top rpgs well enough to teach.

I suppose another thing to discuss is tone? for the RP, are we going optimistic or grim dark.. I try and thread the needle between the two trying to go for the more sinister right around the corner kind of feel myself.

I suppose they wouldn't be mindless anymore since Melkor's back, the original dark lord. We won't get bogged down with overwhelming numbers either. I think an element of stealth will be necessary. The Prophecy states that Melkor will destroy the Sun and Moon. In this fantasy world, that obviously does not mean the entire solar system goes to shit without a Sun. The various pieces of the Sun will fall to the Earth and collapse the world in darkness, as I've suggested for a plot. Naturally, orcs and trolls benefit in this as well and will come out in strength. You wanted to know about the tone of the RP? I'd say grim and dark, bleak, and pessimistic. No Sun obviously is scary enough but evil and literally the devil returning is more than enough to shatter the morale of a lot of people. There is always the chance of failure and screw up.

Our fellowship's purpose is to recover the pieces of the Sun, which they have to do in stealth, like I said. No armies or great wizards. Just elves, men, dwarves, and maybe a hobbit or something. I say their chances aren't that great but hey, they gots to do it.

I'm hoping to get a couple more players at least. But three to start isnt bad, and Im not opposed to people joining later on, should we decide to go ahead and start with just the three of us.

And as Benny said, it would be a very dark and grim setting. There would be no good source of light. And evil things would take advantage.

Im not experienced at all in using dice and not to keen on the idea, but if its what you guys are leaning towards I will give it a try, otherwise we could just discuss things and kinda plan out the scenes. (Skype and discord are options for discussion if we need a quick chat and we're all online)

This is quite an interesting idea. If you all are looking for a dwarf then I would be happy to play as one!

Well then, I'd be happy to play as one!

Considering this is in the Fourth Age, what dwarven realms are you planning on having around? The Iron Hills? Erebor? The Glittering Caves?

Erebor and Moria (was retaken by Durins Folk) are what Ive found listed.
Also here is a link for when you are ready to make a character profile :)

https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=87432&pid=2083564#pid2083564

Ok so, we have quite a few people signed up. So Im hoping to start in the next few days, once all the character profiles have been posted :)
Does that sound good to everyone?

Could I maybe join too? ._. I was wondering if I could play an alien looking character, I was thinking of making a character like this - https://orig00.deviantart.net/a546/f/2011/176/a/c/halo__faith___hunter_by_apneicmonkey-d3fxcon.jpg

What about something like this http://orig12.deviantart.net/d12d/f/2013/269/f/6/substrata___beetle_king_by_emersontung-d6o1uev.jpg maybe traveling through a jungle or forest or a somewhat swampy area

https://fsa.zobj.net/crop.php?r=MlENPVmRGL_udsKF05ZyZ1Kbo1catkov9WQ_LztE0TXZdiw3EQT-8WtyzfMfZP6vMakd2g-XkmJ7JUCeOfugpbV-KCkVvSLz52zFPGWb-MWf5abBhZkr8HUOrySP-_pDgqRNS_QhFbVSRp5SsZGOlA6laGZ5dNOC3bCsog

Hmm could this be fine, was thinking of using this as maybe a skeletal dragon knight or maybe a skeletal dragon that’s taken a form but can shift into its monster state, cause undead and dragon is a race in the series

Not to try an clip your creative wings or anything, but the world of middle earth is rather.. well mundane and the more.... Out there things that you are suggesting just wouldn't be there, middle earth is set as earth just some 6000 years ago in cannon, but it is still a complex place so if you need some help here is a link to the races of middle earth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth_peoples#Tom_Bombadil

though morgoth did have a penchant for creating monstrosities, they were all very firmly under his power, so I suppose with your last person if you wished not to be part of the fellowship but one of the Dark Legion then that might be something we could do provided you give a good enough pitch. But I would try and come up with a person for the fellowship as well.

I agree with Garrison. Your characters are just too out of place. Even the last one I think its too out there

Im very firm on only using established races with no mutations or hybrids or added things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom