Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dagor Dagerath - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...yea coordinating has been a bit all over the place. I talk to Benny on Discord, and talk to you guys in this thread or via PM and just relay things...sometimes not quick enough haha. Maybe we will just stick to here for now so we are all on the same page!

I would say that I am a solid 8 when it comes to Tolkien. while I dont have a first American Edition of the Silmarillion, I have spent many, many hours in the world of middle earth. and that is why I'm super excited for an rp like this.

I would say I'm a full 10. LoTR was one of the first books I've read and I usually read it or listen to the audiobook once a year. I own most of the other literature as well like Silmarillion, Children of Hurin, Beren and L'uthian, etc. No worries I'm not a lore nazi or anything though.

Ok! so I've talked to everyone at this point (except for LeaT and wiki). The plan is as follows:

-For a time we will have two groups. One consisting of Garrisons ranger, Artemis's Half-Elven female, and my mortal woman.

-And one that consists of Artemis's mortal woman, my elven female, Benny's elven male, and LeaT's hobbit.

-The players in group one will also play atagonists for group two, and vice versa if that works. For when we want to spice things up with some minor skirmishes.

-wiki, we will figure out where best to work your character in.

Thats where we stand for now if everyone is agreeable. I work a 12h tomorrow so if there are any questions or anything to add or change with this let me know by either posting it here, or PMing me and I will address it when I can.

I'd say I'm middle of the road (typical hobbit), I've read the books a few times and seen the movies. I once checked out the Silmarillion from the library but had difficulty reading it. As my character has led a relatively sheltered life in The Shire I'm reviewing that history on the gateway (thanks for the reference) but will be somewhat ignorant of the rest of Middle Earth (like me).

I am most agreeable and excited to see things progressing. I will stay in The Shire for now, awaiting 'group two' to collect me. Depending on how you leave off your post I can write for The Shire or you can have it as part of your post and I will jump in. I'm assuming they will meet with the Thain who will not find any volunteers among the Hobbitry-in-arms (all male) but I'll find a way to jump in.

LeaT said:
I am most agreeable and excited to see things progressing. I will stay in The Shire for now, awaiting 'group two' to collect me. Depending on how you leave off your post I can write for The Shire or you can have it as part of your post and I will jump in. I'm assuming they will meet with the Thain who will not find any volunteers among the Hobbitry-in-arms (all male) but I'll find a way to jump in.

They can certainly meet with the Thain. Elveon came from over the sea and no doubt met Frodo, Bilbo, and even Sam over there. Since his only knowledge of Halflings comes from these three famous hobbits, he's going to have a very jumped up opinion of them until he meets the Thain.

Then, disappointment. All they like to do is eat, drink, and no doubt fuck :p

Well Moira does work up a big appetite out tending the sheep and such, and she does enjoy a nap from time to time. She knows little of that last thing and blushes profoundly at such crude language. Of course she is also very curious as is often the way with hobbits, so perhaps she will learn a trick or two along the way?

For a weapon I was thinking a sling and stones, they are listed in the gateway and I think it would work well for her. Perhaps she got good at it driving away the occasional predator from the flock. She could also pilfer a dagger which would seem more like a short sword due to her size. But I don't think fighting will be her main contribution to our little fellowship.

Give it time. Serenity works some long ass hours from what I know so that group might be a little delayed. Believe me I'm very eager to continue too!

But for the Rivendell group, if you need someone to play some orcs to waylaid you guys and gals let me know!

Orcs! Oh my! The Shire hasn't seen anything that foul in ages, but with perpetual darkness across the land I suppose it is only a matter of time before they come.

I will do my best to be patient Sir.

Perpetual darkness...seems like the Age of the Orc has come. They'll be roving everywhere while the lands of men and others are in confusion and despair.

I suppose we can find something for you to do! Also hobbits are known to be hunters too and have bows so you can make your character the archer in the group if you like.

I had been thinking about a sling being a bit more in her character. I'm not sure how we are going to handle fights and such but I would see her contributing but not being a heavy combat type. Seems we have warriors pretty well covered.

I have a couple of 1x1 responses to write and maybe I'll set up an orc encounter for the The Shire if we haven't heard from the Rivendell by then. Would you be willing to play some orcs for that?

There's always a spot for a healer and cook too!

And certainly. Just let me know when. I can even make a hobbit or dwarf character too to lend some activity on your end.

I was thinking a burglar in the tradition of The Hobbit. Hopefully the group will find a use or two for my skills. I think we have a healer but I could be the cook as well, used to feeding hungry hobbits.

I'd love to have a male dwarf in our group long term. I don't mind playing the hobbit militia short term but to be honest I wouldn't mind if you handled them either. I don't have a lot of experience writing multiple characters.

I will set up Moira's presence at the hobbit checkpoint on the frontier of The Shire and you can attack/defend as you see fit. Thank you.

A character of stealth, that works. Always need a scout in the group. I think that's a perfect niche for your character! And certainly, if nothing gets going in the next few days, I'll have a male dwarf character up and have him join Moira at the checkpoint. Travelling through the Shire, from the Blue Mountains to Khazad-Dum (Moria) when shit hits the fan.

No worries, I can handle the Sheriffs of the Shire :) You're more than welcome and I hope too we get the ball rolling here soon.

Yea sorry, i work a rotation so when im on its 12 hour days. But i have a lot of time off in between so on my days off i can definitely post more.

Im off for a couple days now so i can get a post out soon.

Artemis, garrison, where exactly are your characters, are they close to gondor? When would be good to bring in my other?

Also going forward since there are two groups we should change our post titles to reflect where we are so as not to get confused :)

Wiki i havent forgotten about you just been working the last couple days.

Sorry! been a bit busy myself, just started a new job, starting on my post so the train should start moving again

Serenity feel free to bring in your other character maybe once we get into the city we can run into her, and then perhaps once we are out, a orc raiding party can appear and we can have our minor encounter.

again sorry for the wait.

ok, sounds good. I'll make her an introductory post here sometime today I think. and then just have her sit there until your folks arrive :)

Wiki, where exactly would your character be in Arda? his location will probably determine the group he falls in with

Probably a bit more towards the mountains or desert. I was thinking him sticking close to his homeland but for meeting up he could maybe explore any nearby towns and one of the group's closer can bump into him.

Theres no places close to the desert and the either of the groups. there is a map in one of garrisons posts if you want to look at that and kind of figure out where youd want to be. Right now group one is in: Lindon, and group two is in Rohan

Now it is on all of my posts.

Aldburg, while not on the map, is just south along the mountains of edoras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom