Birdcage (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

He blushed softly, the neck of her shirt dipping below her collarbone. He quickly tossed his jacket at her and covered his good eye, "Cover up, for crying out loud!"

Her face got a bit red, and she nodded, pulling his jacket and zipping it up. “Sorry, forgot..” She muttered.

Shion felt her heart stop for a moment, and she looked down at the ground. “No, of course I haven’t.” She sounded a bit offended, but also hurt and ashamed.

“I didn’t choose it.” She muttered, feeling her eyes burn with tears. “I didn’t choose any of it.” She stood up and pulled off his jacket, tossing it back at him and moving to the door.

"Ah, wait...!" He called, "I didn't mean to upset you...! I just...worry..." He rubbed his neck, "I wanna look after you, you're a good kid..."

Shion stopped with her hand on the handle of the door. “I promise Senji, I didn’t choose to do that... I’d never choose something like that..!” She turned to face him, tears in her eyes, and for once she looked very much like a vulnerable girl. Her face was flushed and she was trying hard not to show tears, biting her lip to keep from crying.

His expression softened and he exhaled, "Hey, come here..." He held his arm open for her and gestured for her to come closer, "Don't cry, kid..."

Shion moved over hesitantly, moving to stand against Senji’s chest, face red as she wiped away her tears.

He hugged her tight against him and sat there quietly for a moment, "I'm sorry for upsetting you, Shion." He said softly, "I just worry is all. You're a good kid."

Shion’s face was red, half from Senji hugging her, half from being upset. His chest was firm and warm, muscular just like his arm around her shoulders.

"Trust me, this is very awkward for me too, but this is really the only way I know how to help you understand what's going on in my head." He said softly, his voice shaking nervously.

Shion wiped her eyes once more and nodded. “I promise, I’m not using.” She said softly. “I can’t.. I won’t go back to him..”

“Actually.. I was hoping we could practice sparring today?” She asked, rubbing the side of her neck.

She gave a firm nod. “I’ve been strengthening myself, but I still don’t know how to fight like you do... Is it Judo?”

"Sort of. Judo is an influence, yes." He answered, moving from his spot to stand in the middle of the room to the mat, "It's kind of my own thing I picked up on the force."

"So we'll work on a lot of right hooks and swings and a good majority of kicking." He rose his arms and nodded, "Give me your best hook and don't stop until you feel like your arm'll break."

She nodded, moving a bit closer, taking a stance and making a fist. She was able to go at Senji for about forty-five minutes before she finally ran out of steam, staggering back a step and stopping to take a breather.

Shion gave a small thanks, straightening up after catching her breath. “So how does that help? I could’ve just swung at a sand bag.” She questioned.

Back
Top Bottom