Birdcage (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Shion felt a bit of relief, which was strange, maybe it was because Moriko knew her past, and didn’t care one bit. She felt tears sting her eyes and she nodded. “Yeah.” She said quietly, smiling softly.

She quickly shook her head, waving her hand. “No, no! I’m sorry, it’s ok! I’m just glad..”

“I’m glad that even though you know... What I did, you’re still my friend.” She said, look a bit sad.

She waved her hand, "Please, judging people is no way to live. I've been looked down the nose at all my life, there's no point in doing the same to others."

Shion gave a nod and smiled, continuing on with her work, no longer riddled with anxiety.

Once they finished all the work, Moriko went to get her cast points and handed a card to Shion, "Here you go, for helping out. I insist so you have to take it...!" She said with a smile.

Shion blinked, but took th card without arguing. “Thank you.” She said, pocketing her card. “It was nice not having to fight for once.”

She grinned, "Mhm! This is easier, less strenuous and non life threatening!" She pocketed her cards and rubbed her arm, "Stay tuned next week though...I get to shake of the dust.."

Shion blinked in confusion before a frown came over her face. “You have a Carnival Corpse next week? With who?”

Her smile turned sad and she gripped her arm so tightly that her knuckles turned white. "Lovebird..." She answered, "Knowing her, she's gonna try and throw it but I won't let her..."

Shion was at a loss for words, she had been pitted up against Yui? That wasn’t fair, it wasn’t right. “Does Yui-san know?”

"Not yet. If I tell her, she'll instantly refuse. I have to get her in first if I want to force the win on her." She answered, "I'm not too worried. I mean, the viewers will be really disappointed but Yui will be ok and that's all I care about."

“Moriko-san, don’t talk like that!” Shion was upset now, tears in her eyes. “You can’t lose either!”

She frowned softly before she smiled a bit, "I can afford to throw one match, Shi-chan. And it isn't like I'm gonna kill myself...! As soon as Yui gets in, I'm gonna forfeit. It'll be ok. As long as the penalty round doesn't take an arm or a leeeeeh-" She stopped, blushing out of shame, "Sorry, that was rude..."

“You can lose more than that! Someone lost three vertebrae and now he’s wheelchair bound!” Shion seemed genuinely concerned and upset, completely disregarding the arm comment.

She waved her hand, "That's not so bad..." She said, "I appreciate your concern, Shi-chan, but...but Yui means so much to me, I..." She looked down, "You can't ask me to send her to the penalty. I can't do that to her. Not after how kind she's been to me."

Shion looked down at the floor with a frown. “Alright.. I won’t mention anything to Yui-san..” she said reluctantly.

Shion gave a small nod. “Hey.. Everything ok?” She asked softly, moving toward him.

“Really good actually, Moriko-san has been keeping me busy.” She said, taking a seat on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom