Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Legend of Zelda: Unraveled Legacy (pods6827 & StarMech)

Link was glad that they'd taken his bait, he didn't know what he would've done had the ninjas been just a little more cautious in their actions. Perhaps if they had decided to simply kill him with the vicious looking throwing weapons at their hips his story would have ended there. But they didn't, and so Link was able to go through the steps of the Whirling Blade.

As he began to twist his body Link felt as though he could conquer the world, a large change from how he'd been feeling a moment before. His limbs felt like they were on fire, invigorating him as he turned around and brought his blade out away from him. Looking down slightly he saw a golden glow covering much of his body, seemingly originating from a golden triangle on his hand! Despite his shock at that turn of events, he continued spinning his body just in time for the assassins to leap into his blade, the force of the blow sending them flying a good way and landing in a crumpled heap at the side of the road, none of them moving.

As his spinning slowed Link felt a bit dazed, not being used to the speed of the movements he'd just performed. If Captain Ashei had been present she probably would've had a bit to say about his sloppy footwork or something, but he figured that he'd done pretty well for a first try, especially considering the circumstances.

"And that," he said to the crumpled form of the Yiga ninjas, "Is why you don't underestimate your opponent." Suddenly his head snapped up, the young man remembering just why he'd been running in the first place. "Damn, I need to hurry!" he exclaimed, before starting to run once more towards the castle. He winced slightly as he did so, his injuries starting to take their toll on him, but the thought of Zelda being in danger was enough to get him moving again. As he ran he thought of what just happened, of the golden glow that had covered him. He didn't know what it was, or where it had come from, but it had saved his hide so he was more than happy with it's presence.

"You bastard!!"

A remaining Yiga, now furious. Did not bother to conceal himself anymore, after the humiliation he endured. "I won't fall down like my brethren to the likes of you!!"

He rose his sickle to gut our hero right on the spot, but a powerful, yet familiar slash stopped him in mid air, and falling down without moving anymore...

As Link turned around he could see that the mysterious ninja girl from the farm was standing right there, carrying the same big sword she did back then.

"Your wounds are severe...yet you still stand." She said looking at him.

"Another Yiga?" he muttered as the last of them made himself known. Before he could draw his sword again however the lone assassin was struck down by a familiar figure, the ninja who had helped him with the bokoblins at the farm!

"Awesome ninja woman!" he called out, that being his name for her in the absence of any other, "It seems like you always show up in the nick of time." When she mentioned his wounds a more serious expression appeared on his face. "Yeah, I'm not in the best shape now am I? Still, I need to get to the castle; call it a gut feeling, but I think something's about to happen there and I want to make sure that Zelda's safe."

The woman had to raise an eyebrow at that particular nickname. He sounded rather cheerful of her, like some action hero. Regardless, there was no time on dwell on that fact.

"Hm...perhaps our assumptions were right..." She muttered to herself before looking back at Link. "You want to find the Princess then. I'll help you."

She motioned him to follow her. "I cleared a path from those Yiga Footsoldiers. Try to keep it together." With that she went into a sprint, not fast enough for Link's weakened state to lose, but also not slow enough for to be waisting time.

The two made their way through a series of streets and alleyways. Link could see soldiers fighting against the Bokoblins and other monsters while the Yiga seemed to be handling their battles on the rooftops, as other enigmatic men and woman in similar outfits to the ninja woman, seemed to be combating them.

A very few and far between creatures attempted to halt their way, but the woman made quick job of them with a single slice or a bullseye shot of her kunais. Zelda was his highest priority, yes. But he would be lying if he didn't found this enigmatic beauty attractive AND powerful...

Of course any pleasant thought that could get him eager was quickly shoved by the image of the town being wrecked. To think moments ago, all of this was in the middle of a festival; Full of joy and laughter. Now a city of chaos and destruction...

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Stay back your majesty!"

At the Castle's bridge, Captain Ashei placed herself in front of the king while her elite soldiers remained circled around him and Zelda. In front of them, stood the Sage of Time Lana in front of them, opening her tome and closing her eyes.

"Please stay still your majesty. It's very risky, but I have no choice. I shall gather all my energy to vanquish this darkness...." Lana said.

She took a step forward and concentrated; Her book magically opening and floating as the pages started to flip on their own. "O Goddess Hylia, grant me the power to combat evil's bane...bring your sacred light upon the wicked...please, grant me your power!!"

As she chanted and repeated these words a huge ball of energy formed above her book. With one final chant, this orb of light exploded into a massive wave that expanded through the whole city. Every Bokoblin, every Keese, every monster; All exploded in black smoke while the Great Defending Towers threw away their corruption, shutting down completely.

The Sage felt her knees weak. With the creatures vanquished, she collapsed upon them, panting heavily. Her magic drained...

"Finally...its over..."

A clap was suddenly heard. Followed by another clap and another.

"Who is there?" Said the King of Hyrule as his gaze shifted to the source of the noise. From the shadows he then emerged, the very same masked man that started this whole attack with a devilish grin and clapping at the now weakened Sage.

"I must be honest. That was quite the powerful ordeal. All of my summoned creatures, even some of my men were unable to counter such powerful spell." The man spoke, "Truly, your reputation precedes you, Miss Lana..."

The blue-haired woman simply panted in exhaustion; Barely able to move. All of the knights got into fighting position, ready to strike.

"Who are you? What are you doing this?" Demanded to know King Daphnes. The masked man simply shook his head.

"Should I be the one to really answer. Or should look a yourself, o your majesty." He said, "You have to be quite informed after all. Of the past, of the history in which your kingdom is built. This is all bust simple retribution...the earned revenge my people deserve."

His head turned towards the sky, followed by a sigh. "But alas, an attack like this alone wouldn't be enough to destroy this kingdom. As long as its blessing remains...its protection. O your majesty, this is just the beginning...."

His head turned to Lana just as Link and the ninja woman arrived, "But enough chatter. Now to what I was looking for...the Sage of Time!"

Opening his hand a powerful yellow wave was blasted, hitting all the knights and Lana. Their armors and her robes appeared to be frozen in time, glowing of a yellow hue. Energy chains seemed to float around them, keeping them all in place.

"A Stasis rune!?" Exclaimed the Sage.

The masked man then looked around. Sensing someone besides just Link approaching, who was already witnessing all of this. "Damn, seems there are still some of them still trying to stop me...saved by the Sheikah as always..."

"Very well. i guess this is the moment where we part ways. But before our tearful goodbyes, let me give you all one last taste of my power!"

The unknown man started to put his hands together, creating a series of symbols with them as he chanted an ancient language, which then shifted into the native tongue.

"Arise of minion of darkness. ruler of the skies. Bring forth your gale destruction: Helmaroc King!!"

An ominous rift opened in the skies above them, followed by a piercing screech. Link could only watch in terror as a bird like monster of incredible size emerged from within. It's plummage pitch-black, almost as if they were not feathers, but dark energy itself shaping its body. Its beak seemed to be connected to a strange looking mask it wore, that had a magitech structure, glowing bright red and purple.

The Helmaroc King screeched once more, shaking everyone from where they stood. As the Stasis vanished and everyone could move again, the beast lunged down, grabbing Lana into its claws and taking her up in the air.

The masked man laughed and leaped on the creatures's head before pointing his finger at Hyrule Castle. "As I said, one last parting gift..."

The monster bird opened it's beak as a massive set of energy charged inside. In a moments notice, the Helmaroc King unleashed a powerful laser beam that struck right at the castle, followed by a huge explosion which engulfed half of the structure in flames....

With his last act of terror done, the man, the monster bird and Lana soared away. It was at this moment when Zelda noticed that Link had arrived, but before he could respond he could feel his wounds finally taking their toll on him. His vision became blurry, and his body begun to lose energy....

As they travelled through the city Link occasionally found his gaze ending up on the ninja's ass, which was, in his humble opinion, a very nice one. Of course, he could never focus on it for long because of the circumstances, but it was a nice distraction from the events of the day while it lasted.

The two of them arrived at the Castle just in time to see the Sage cast a spell from her book, a great orb of light coming out and utterly destroying the monsters present. Link grinned at the sight of a group of bokoblins being destroyed, glad that he wouldn't have to deal with them in his current condition.

Unfortunately, he was unable to do anything as the Yiga figure (possibly their leader, he thought) summoned a great beast to attack the castle, escaping with Lana in the process!

In fact, Link was barely able to meet Zelda's gaze before he staggered, his wounds catching up to him as he fell to the ground, all but dead to the world...

Link stood before Zelda, the princess smiling at him affectionately as she placed a medal around his neck, thanking him for his heroic defense of the city from the Yiga. She leaned forward, kissing him deeply as they pressed their bodies together. When they finally separated they were in his room, and Zelda was no longer dressed in her royal robes, but a Gerudo harem outfit, straight out of one of his favorite videos!

With an impish smile she pushed him back onto his bed and slowly began dancing for him, a sensual display that had him on the edge of his seat. Then a pair of hands were placed on his shoulders, Link turning his head slightly to see the ninja woman from before behind him, though in a much skimpier outfit than before; her belly on display and her top being one of the most revealing that he'd ever seen.

The ninja leaned forward to kiss him, her soft lips pressing against his as her tongue darted in and out of his mouth. Meanwhile Zelda, having finished her dance, had knelt down before him and removed his pants, her delicate hand slowly stroking him off as she met his gaze. After a moment of that she placed a soft kiss against his tip before starting to suck on his cock in a dainty but immensely satisfying manner.

Seeing that the ninja pulled away from their kiss, moving to Link's side and pressing her incredible breasts into his face, encouraging him to do as he wished with her body, which he did with no small amount of pleasure, burying his face in her cleavage and listening as she moaned and whimpered at his tender ministrations.

Slowly however Link's vision began to fade as the two women serviced him, the room becoming darker as time went on until eventually it was pitch black...

Link opened his eyes, blinking away the tiredness as he slowly sat up in his bed. Looking around he didn't see much to tell him where he was, though he certainly wasn't in his own room, he could tell that much at least. Given the events of the festival he was a bit on edge, not knowing whether everyone else had gotten through it alright. Looking down he could see his bulge through the sheets, a sign of the wonderful dream he'd been having no doubt, and he groaned, knowing that until he knew just where he was he probably wouldn't get a chance to relieve himself.

Link found himself in a rather simple room. The walls appeared to be made of old but sturdy bricks and stone. There seemed to be no windows, just a small vent that let the air pass through. Small banners aodrned some of the walls, although a bit torn and dirtied by age.

To his right was a wooden table and a chair. His Slate placed upon the table alongside his sword; On the chair, lied his clothes, all apparently cleand and folded carefully. That's when the young man noticed that underneath the sheets he was wearing nothing but his black boxers, while his hard morning wood pressed against them, poking through the sheets with great girth.

The gifted Slate appeared to have been used by someone else, as it was left turned on. with the volume up, it appeared that the newsfeed application of the device had been left on, him having woken up in the middle of a news bit; A pretty newscaster of short red haircould be seen speaking.

"--a miracle that the mobilization by the royal guard was operated so smoothly. Many citizens of the Castle City managed to leave unharmed. However, while our sources affirm that the death rate is on the minimal numbers, there are many reports of people that suffered injuries during the attack, and a ton of poperty damage, leaving countless homeless."

"Information on what some are labeling as a full-blown Terrorist Attack, seem scarce. Few members of the Royal guard as well as Hyrule Castle officials have refused to give intewviews regarding this mysterious and dangerous Yiga Clan group as well as information about the whereabouts of the Royal Family and their associates. The Guard does re-affirm that King Daphnes and his daughter Princess Zelda are alright and are working with the knights to proceed with the Re-location and transport effort for the townspeople to New Kakariko City. We'll keep a continuous report as it develops. This is Anju Armecia, reporting for Hyrule Local News..."

Link's attention on the broadcast was interrupted when his long ears picked the twisting of a doorknob, followed by the slow creacking of the door. The one door that this room had opened slowly as unknown woman stepped inside somewhat nervously.

She was rather cute. Her looks were somewhat traditional, very eastern inspired. Her silver hair made into a roll above while still letting some of it fall down on the back. She worn a white outfit with red details and a somewhat skintight black top underneath that covered her up to the neck but left her arms and shoulders exposed (althought the latter only visible slightly due to having the vest on). Her figure besides just cute, was also quite attractive, showing some nice curves and hips. Her other really noticeable feature was the red face paint that she wore: A symbol very similar to the crying eye he continued to see, painted upon her forehead and down her cute nose, as well as a couple of red marks around her eyes...

She seemed rather nervous, already blushing by just coming in. "U-um hello? O-oh! You are awake..." She sighed in relief. "I was so worried. After treating your wounds and you not waking up for a while...I'm g-glad you're okay..."

She approached the bed, "So, do you need anything el--" Her voice cutting into a rather cute but sharp gasp as her eyes slided down upon what was poking from the covers. she quickly looked away and brought her hands to her face, covering her eyes while stuttering, "O-oh my goddesses!! I-I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry!! I wasn't...I-I mean...I-I w-w-was just w-w-worried...!"

The newscast that was on when he woke up filled Link with mixed feelings. On the one hand he was glad that the casualties had been minimal and that the king and Zelda were safe. On the other, he still didn't know if any of his friends had gotten out of there alive, Sage Lana had been kidnapped for Nayru only knew what foul purpose, and the people were probably terrified of another attack.

His grim thoughts were interrupted by the turning of the doorknob, and he looked up to see a pretty young woman enter, his eyes tracing her figure but ultimately landing on the 'crying eye' symbol on her face, the same as the ninja from before! He also noticed that she was blushing rather heavily, something that he felt made her look even prettier, especially with the bashful way she was looking around.

"How long was I asleep?" he asked, wondering just how much he'd missed while he'd been out for the count. Then he heard her gasp, looking back at her and noticing that she was looking downwards...right at the bulge in his boxers!

Blushing slightly himself, Link looked anywhere but at her, feeling very warm all of a sudden. "Ah, sorry about that!" he said, moving his legs to try and hide it and only partly succeeding, "It's okay, you couldn't have known." He then thought of something, "It seems it's my bad luck to have pretty girls walk in on me when I'm like this," he said in a self-depreciating tone, recalling when almost this exact situation had happened only a short time ago with Ilia.

Still, he was starting to feel very warm, even with how embarrassing this was. Almost unconsciously he looked at the woman, noting once more how pretty she was and absent-mindedly wondering what she looked like without that tight top of hers.

The young woman's face lit up even more, "Y-you...you think i'm p-pretty?" She quickly brought her hands to her face again.

As much as she tried to ignore it, she couldn't deny that the boy before her was incredibly handsome. Her heart speed up as she thought how to respond.

After a few moments of silence, she said, "Y-you were asleep for an entire day. We, um, brought you to this hidden shelter and nursed you back to health..."

She took another pause. "T-the King and Princess are also safe here...you...you need to speak with the others but you can't...really...well...go out with that, right?"

Her eyes looking down again at the bulge before blushing again. that's when a part of her mind had an idea. She was constantly repeating herself to be a bad idea, but whatever it were inner guts or a hidden perverted side made her speak:

"M...maybe I-I can help you...w-with that?..."

"Of course I do," was Link's response to her first question, a little surprised that she was so embarrassed by the compliment. "I mean, look at you!"

"I see..." he said, a little surprised that he'd been asleep for so long. He hadn't thought that his wounds were so severe; after all, he'd been able to keep himself moving up until the very end of the fight. "I'm glad that the royal family's safe, thank you for telling me that."

Link caught the woman eyeing his bulge, and when she made her offer a grin started to form on his face. "Well when you put it like that, it'd be pretty bad if the king, or Zelda saw me like this," he slid closer to the edge of the bed so that he was facing her, letting his legs drop over the side. "I'm Link by the way," he commented, realizing that they hadn't been introduced.

"So if you really want to help me out, well, I won't stop you." the young knight said, slightly nervous at the thought of having such a beautiful woman satisfying his urges.

The girl was once again caught by surprise. Not only she questioned why the hell did she offered that to herself, but she was equally amazed that Link accepted! Her heart beated fast. After all he was a such a handsome boy...

"P-please don't tell anyone about this..." She said, her body almost in auto-pilot when she pulled the sheets and sat besides him. "A-also...m-my name is Paya..."

One thing led to another, and soon enough Link now lied with his back against the bed while Paya tugged upon the waistband of his boxers. Pulling down, the hardened member popped out freely. The girl's eyes widened at the sight, never having seen one in real life, much less this close...

"I-it's so big..." She muttered while she blushed once more. Although nervous, she felt that her mind was not letting her slide out of this situation. "I must be going crazy..." She said to herself.

Her hand surrounded the shaft, already giving Link a soft shiver by the mere contact of fingers not his own upon his dick. Slowly, Paya started to move her hand up and down, rubbing him. "I-is t-t-this alright...?" she asked shyly; Rather adorably.

She continued the motion, up and down. Jacking him off as her eyes locked upon the length.

"Don't worry," Link said as the woman, Paya, she said her name was, sat beside him, "Your secret's safe with me." He leaned back, resting his back on the mattress as she began to pull down his boxers.

He grinned at the awed look on her face as she gazed at his hard shaft, looking very cute as she did so. From the way she was stammering he figured that this must be her first time around one so big, and so he resolved to go a little easy on her.

"Like what you see?" he asked only slightly teasingly as she placed her soft, delicate fingers around his shaft, giving it a few small strokes that sent shivers up and down his spine. And the shy way Paya asked if she was doing it right didn't hurt either.

"Just like that Paya," Link groaned as she continued to give him a hand job. "You're doing it perfectly." Of course, he didn't exactly have a lot of experience to compare her to, but he was certainly enjoying her efforts. He met her gaze, encouraging her to keep going with his eyes.

Link's encouragement just made Paya unconsciously speed up her motions. She continued to stroke as she constantly glanced to see his expression of enjoyment. Her fingers felt so soft, somewhat different from his own self-strokes whenever he was in the mood.

Curiosity started to build up within her. "M-mister Link..." She muttered under her breath, then lean down for his face to be close with the throbbing member. She gave it a quick an nervous kiss, almost as if she would think it'd somehow attack her. Keeping her nervousness at bay, she then started to give short licks to the head, then travel down the shaft.

"Mm...mmm.." Her licks became more comfortable, and all of these were causing Link to feel a new wave of pleasure course through him. After all, this was the first woman who had done something so intimate with him.

Link looked down at Paya, slightly curious as to why she'd said his name. Before he could ask however she planted her lips on his tip, a sensation that made him shudder with pleasure, before slowly starting to lick down his shaft. He groaned as her tongue trailed across his cock, her hot breath making him feel pleasure unlike any he'd ever experienced before.

"Just like that!" He groaned as Paya moved her enticingly warm mouth up and down on him. The pleasure she was giving Link was having a significant effect on him, as beads of silvery pre-cum began to form at his tip before trailing down his shaft, "You're really good at this!"

Paya continued her actions. Her licks becoming slower and longer as soft coos escaped her lips. Arming herself with courage, she then took the head into her mouth. "Mmmm..."

Paya was surprised at the taste. It was really good! She moaned softly as she continued to blow him, closing her eyes and letting her instincts take over.

It was so strange; His first time being with someone he just met. Still, Link was feeling heavenly right about now. The silver haired woman simply doing as he wanted.

While Link hadn't exactly expected his first time to happen quite so suddenly, and with someone he'd just met in fact, he couldn't deny that this felt even better than he'd ever dreamed. Despite her shyness Paya clearly had no small amount of skill in this area, especially considering that from the sound of things she was as much a virgin as he was.

As the young woman took his cock in her mouth Link could feel himself approaching his orgasm, being filled with a light and airy feeling that far surpassed any other he'd experienced by his own hand. He tilted his head back and moaned, a low, pleasurable sound that fully showed just how much he was enjoying Paya's work.

Figuring that Paya wouldn't want to be surprised by his cum, Link pushed his head up to look at her, a wide smile on his face as he spoke. "Paya," he groaned out as she came up on his shaft once more, "I'm gonna cum!"

Shortly after he said that Link couldn't hold back any longer, and with a hearty groan he finally blew his load, filling Paya's mouth with his thick, heavy seed. He leaned back onto the bed, a look of utter contentment on his face as he rested for a moment. "That was amazing!" he said to Paya, smiling encouragingly at her as he sat up. "I only wish I had the time to return the favor."

Paya kept going, feeling his cock throb within her mouth. Her soft moans while she blew just causing more waves of pleasure to course through Link.

As he warned her, it didn't take long before he reached his limit, erupting with great might. Her eyes widened as the white seed flower down her throat, the gal doing her best job at swallow as much as possible.

A cleaning of her mouth later, she glanced at Link smiling. "I-it's fine. You are needed in your m-most optimal condition anyways...but now you need to dress up and go out. They m-must be waiting for you..."

With a short and nervous bow, she quickly left the room, leaving Link to gather his things...

-----------------------

The young knight soon got dressed and headed out to a series of hallways. By the looks of the structure, all seemed to match with the room he was previously in; some kind of old secluded shelter, but not inactive. As things appeared to be kept tidy around.

Soon enough, Link arrived at another bigger room. It was then when he recognized the people right away: King Daphnes standing tall, and Zelda sitting in one of the few chairs around a big table which held a map of Hyrule. But also he noticed Captain Ashei, Shad, as well as a couple of her elite knights, standing behind the monarch.

"Link!" Gasped in joy the princess. By the look of her face, not just relief of his safety, but also a hint of surprise. The King's face seemed to show it better. It appeared neither or them knew that he was even taken here alongside them.

"By Din, what are you doing in a place such as this, young man?" Asked the King, compassionately but also confused.

From another entrance walked in two figures. Link quickly recognised one of them as the pretty and mysterious ninja lady, now two times that she had helped him. To her right was a young man around his age. His short hair silver and his eyes red, just like her. He appeared to also be wearing a particular uniform (minus the hairdo) which fitted within the same theme as hers. That eye symbol our hero continued to see around displayed right upon his chest.

King Daphnes' expression changed into a frown as he exclaimed upset. "What is the meaning of this!? After my city is attacked, after those foul monsters somehow managed to defenses that have protected us for eons. You suddenly appear and take us to this security shelter only the royal family should know about and kept us in lockdown for an entire day? I demand an explanation!!"

The royal knights, while not flat-out getting into a combat position, stood firmly and cautiously. It seemed none of them were informed exactly WHY they were here...

"Do no fret, Your Majesty." Spoke the ninja woman Link knew, doing a short bow gesture with her head. "I can assure you, our intentions lack any ill intention you may be thinking. In fact, our biggest priority at that moment was for you to be safe."

Shad seemed to be centred upon the eye symbol on their clothes, but Zelda was the first to speak in curiosity. "Those symbols...I have seen them before in ancient texts!"

The ninja woman gave a small nod, before turning to face the King, her expression retaining a look of absolute seriousness. "It is a symbol mostly forgotten by history. But not one that has been completely lost. My name is Impa, and I'm a warrior of the Sheikah Clan"

"The Sheikah..." Shad gasped, "Incredible...according to few texts I could find; There was a clan who carried that name centuries ago, but claimed they were all extinct!"

"Indeed. For the safety of many. Our clan has stayed silent for many long years, but we have always continued our sacred duty: To protect Hyrule and its Royal Family."

The King still remained, with good reason, unsure about this. "Those invaders at the festival, they were all carrying the very same symbol. How can we trust your mission if we saw countless just like you causing havoc upon my kingdom?"

"I understand you do not trust our word. After all, you have very little reason to do so." Explained Impa, "Those who you saw out there, those with the intention of harm, are known as the Yiga Clan; A name which in times of yore was embraced by Sheikah heretics; Who split off our clan with the intention to embrace and service the Powers of Darkness. Just like the Sheikah, they were said to have all disappear; However, their resurgence is the very reason why we call upon your ears to listen."

King Daphnes still seemed to distrust them, when a voice was heard...

"What the young Impa says it's true, your Majesty. There is much that has been kept hidden, but must all come to light..."

Two new individuals came forth. One was a woman covered in a black cloak. Faint markings adorned said clothing with symbols of the group and rune of ancient days. By the visible parts of her face, she appeared to be someone of age. Painted on her forehead was a symbol similar to Paya's, as well as two lines that went down the contours of her eyes and across her cheeks.

At her right stood a tall man, the source of the voice, with a short white beard and long silvery hair, also wearing a ninja outfit, although one with more armor. The King's eyes widened as he recognized the man. "By Hylia...Dorian?! Is it really you?"

Link didn't know much but a name. Dorian was one of Hyrule's nobility. An well-known advisor of the King. However, not even his majesty predicted that he'd be affiliated to these Sheikah people...

"Indeed, Daphnes, old friend." He said aloof but with a hint of care. "I apologize for the shock. I know after what has transpired it is difficult to process all this. But you can trust on my word that what my disciple has said is in fact true."

He started to explain, "The Sheikah have always kept an eye upon the progress of Hyrule, however, we are to no interrupt the path they decide to take; For better or worse. The Yiga intent otherwise; To radically forge a path for their own desires, uncaring of the consequences that could fall upon the kingdom. We don't know for sure what could they be planning with this attack, but they have tempered with dark arts in order to summon and strength the monsters of this land, so whatever it is that they're planning, may mark Hyrule's destruction if it not stopped."

"But what can we do?" Asked Ashei. "We can't sent an army with no intel of where these Yiga people are or where will they strike."

Dorian replied, "Indeed. The Yiga clan is smart. They know another attack of this intensity right away would leave them far too open, as well as they could possibly lose control of the creatures they are having under their control. As such, the capital city, while harmed, may be able to protect itself from another similar attack. We have some experts in ancient tech working on getting the Great Defending Towers back online. They may have used their dark magic to shut them down, but the same trick may not work twice. Still, who knows what horrible magic they may be trying to unleash upon the world..."

"So do we stand down? Whatever could we do?" Asked the King.

Dorian smiled, then shifted his attention to our hylian hero. "Young man. As I been told, your name is Link. Am I correct"

He spoke much less cold, although still retaining the seriousness of the situation. "As young Impa has told me. You have shown remarkable courage and bravery, defending the city against those monsters and holding your ground against the Yiga themselves. Tell me, have you experienced anything...unusual, as you fought them? Or perhaps experiences a strange vision before the events that transpired?"

"Regardless, thank you," Link said as Paya began to prepare to leave the room. He watched as she almost ran through the doorway, his gaze on her tempting rear as she left...but he shook his head, knowing that she was right and he needed to get dressed, especially if everyone was waiting for him as she said.

-----------------------

Finally dressed and ready for whatever he was needed for, Link stepped out and into the hallway. Lacking any knowledge of which direction he was supposed to go, the young knight picked one and started following the hall, looking for anyone who could tell him where to go.

Eventually though he managed to find his destination on his own, entering a large room to find quite a few familiar faces, as well as some unfamiliar ones. He heard Zelda's voice and looked to her, nodding in acknowledgement as her father spoke to him as well. "I honestly couldn't tell you your majesty," he said, "I only just woke up a short time ago." He rubbed the back of his head with one hand, a sheepish expression on his face, "Apparently I've been asleep since the battle."

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of two new figures, though Link focused mostly on the one that was familiar to him. He watched as she introduced herself as Impa, finally giving him a name to go with her pretty face, and explained that she and the others were of the Sheikah Clan, a name that was unfamiliar to him.

The king had seemed ready to burst with anger, and the other knights present seemed ready to fight as well, but were interrupted by another new arrival. At the sight of him King Daphnes' anger disappeared, replaced by shock, and though Link only knew the man's name from a few off-hand remarks over the years, he could tell that his appearance was a surprise to everyone present.

Upon being addressed Link looked to Dorian, "That's correct," he said, his voice calm as he thought about the second question. "...Unusual..." he thought for a moment longer before answering. "Well, when I was fighting the Yiga yesterday I was suddenly enveloped by a golden light, one that gave me the strength to keep on fighting."

Link thought for a moment longer before he remembered something else. "Come to think of it, I've been having some odd dreams lately," he said, his face one of concentration as he tried to remember what had been in them. "An odd voice, saying that I needed to be ready," he looked back up at Dorian. "To be honest, I thought I was just nervous about the Festival, but now I wonder if it meant something more than that."

Zelda couldn't keep her silence when Link described those strange dreams. "I...I also had those. They tell me to prepare but I didn't know for what..."

"Do not fret, my Princess." Said the older woman in the cloak, "No one could have predicted what had transpired at the festival...However. If what the boy says its true; Then there is no doubt about it..."

"About what?" Asked Ashei.

The woman smiled. "Tell me...do anyone know about the Legend of the Hero?"

"You mean the old fairy tale?"

"Oh ho ho. I wouldn't call it like that, my dear. Sometimes, even the strangest of tales hold some reality. And in this case, that it is indeed real..." Said the wise woman, "Across time, a cycle has been repeated over the ages. A powerful darkness, looming over the land with the intention to plunge it into its depths. But every time, across every era; A hero rises, donning Green or Blue, to fight for the light. A mighty knight accompanied by a Princess of a divine power..."

"The hero, carrying a divine blade that can pierce through the darkness, vanquishes said evil into the nothingness. And so, the cycle begun anew..."

She took a pause before continuing. "However, it appears this tale stopped for quite sometime, as Hyrule fell into a long peace. As such, people forgot it even existed and the truths behind that hero and that divine princess, simply vanished from people's minds. However, said princess carried the very same name as the current royal that we have amongst us...."

"M-me...?" Asked Zelda.

"Exactly. Despite the forgotten legend. It became a charm of good luck for the Princesses of Hyrule to don said name. Similarly, your dear friend here also carries the lost name of the once legendary line of heroes. Link and Zelda...oh, I am sure this is not just a mere coincidence..." Finished the woman.

Dorian now spoke, "Now, we cannot rely one-hundred percent in these legends. We don't know what the Yiga could be planning and while the young boy shows promise, he still has a lot to learn; Not from teachings but experience on his own. Besides, there is an important factor of said legend we lack: The so called divine blade, which was lost eons ago with no recollection of where it could be."

The man sighed, "Alas, if Miss Lana were here she probably would have aid us in finding it. But perhaps the Yiga were aware of it and took her away to complicate our progress. All we have to go with are some ancient manuscripts that speak about three Sacred Pendants that are suppose to hold the key to the sword's whereabouts..."

Link looked up in shock at Zelda's revelation, surprised that his dreams seemed to be more than that. He wondered if any of the other dreams he'd had recently would come true, but shook his head, banishing those thoughts.

The topic of conversation quickly turned to the Legendary Hero, something that Link had always considered to be myth and folklore. After all, there were as many stories about the Hero as there were stars in the sky, and many of them were clearly only stories for children.

Well, apparently at least some of them were true, Link thought as the old woman spoke of him.

When she spoke of the importance of their names Link turned slightly to look at Zelda. It was true that he'd always felt a certain connection to her, and when they'd first met he'd been drawn to her, but the idea that they had some great destiny surrounding them...Well, that didn't sound so bad in his opinion. If he was going on some quest like this, there were worse people he could have by his side, he thought.

"Well," Link said, speaking up for the first time after the explanation, "I don't know about legendary heroes or anything like that, but if this sword will help me stop the Yiga from enacting whatever plans they have then I'll need to find it won't I? Which means finding those pendants as well if they're what will lead me to it." He looked at the Sheikah present, a determined look on his face. "So, where do these ancient manuscripts say that they are?"

Dorian rose his eyebrows in surprise, while the Sheikah old woman smiled at the hero's quick acceptance of the whole situation. Impa and the other young Sheikah lad remained silent.

"Sadly, we do not know where exactly the Pendants are located. These manuscripts have been heavily tempered by the elements." Dorian explained. "Lady Lana was known to have access to more information, as the Sage of Time, but alas, she cannot help us."

He was quick to continue, "We will be doing anything in our power to find where the Yiga have taken her. I can rest assured that, with all the knowledge she may hold, they are not intent in harming her..."

The Sheikah elder spoke again, "However, there is a place where that may hold some answers regarding the ancient Pendants. According to Sheikah history, our ancestors placed a multitude of small Shrines all over Hyrule; Most forgotten by time..."

The old lady walked to Link and quickly snagged his Slate off his belt, giving it a look. "And may I ask, young man. Where exactly did you get this thing, hm?"

Zelda explained quickly, although embarrassed as her father was giving her a look. "That was, well, me...I gave it to Link as a gift. I assumed it was some old Eye Slate model..."

The elder gave a short laugh, "Oh ho ho, in a way you are correct, young lady, but there is more to it than that. It has been...recently modified, I admit, but this sure looks a lot like an ancient Sheikah Slate to me. The modern Slates you young people carry are actually based upon this ancient Sheikah artefact. And a Slate like this should be perfectly able to act as a key to open up these Shrines..."

She gave back the item to Link before continuing. "Many of the Shrines' locations have been lost with time, but there's a particularly known one located not very far from Hateno Village, southeast from here. Perhaps it is there where you can find some answers..."

"Then it's settled then. Link and I shall go to these ruins and learn where are those three Pendants located!" Exclaimed Zelda quite enthusiastic. Link could tell that by the look in her face; After all, she was always so giddy around ancient history.

However, Dorian shook his head at the notion. "I'm afraid we cannot allow that, my Princess..."

"W-what?"

"I cannot allow you to do this, Zelda. It is way to dangerous!" The king quickly interjected.

"But father I..."

"I'm afraid the King is correct, your majesty." Explained Dorian. "Whatever on not the young lad could be able to protect you. having you out in the open like that would make you a clear target to the Yiga Clan, who I assumed are also well aware of the old legends as much as us. They have simply snagged Lady lana this time, but I can just guess that you'll be one of their next targets. Besides, while the young lad was able to manifest some of that golden power...I can tell that nothing of the sort have happened to you."

Zelda looked down, a bit defeat. "No, I haven't..." She sighed. Despite her wishes to make this trial with her friend, she couldn't deny that would make more harm than good, for both of them...

Dorian looked to the young male Sheikah to his side as he calling him with rigid tone. "Kaji..."

The young ninja lad was caught a bit off guard but quickly recomposed himself. "Y-yes, sir?"

"Make preparations for the young hero, as well as prepare the carriage for the Princess and the King. At the break of next dawn, we must take his majesty and the princess to a new secluded location..."

The Sheikah nodded. "R-right away, sir." With that he exited the room quickly.

He then glanced at the royal guard. "As of you all, I assume you'll continue with aiding with the relocation and repairing of Hyrule Castle City after the attack?"

Ashei nodded, "Yes. We still have our duty to fulfil around here. We may be a bit distrusting, but if what all you say is true, then w can assume the King and Princess Zelda will be safe under your protection. Besides, there is something else one of your subordinates bring up before this conversation..."

"And that would be...?"

Ashei frowned and said in a serious tone, more than her usual way of speaking. "The way they infiltrated the city was way too perfect. They couldn't have passed security and melded unless they had someone with a wise knowledge of the city and tis structure. This leads me to believe maybe someone amongst our circle aided the Yiga in getting inside."

Her hands tensed into fists. "the mere idea that one of us had betrayed us like that. It disgusts me. I won't rest until we find who was responsible."

"Hm, a wise decision, young lass." Said Dorian finally addressing the young hero after. "As for you, Link. While we are to supply you with items that may help your venture, we cannot simply take you to Hateno so easily. Golden power or not, you're still far from being at the level of a true Hero of Legend. Perhaps a trial through the wilderness to the Shrine may be a good first step into proving you have what it takes..."

The Sheikah elder added. "Of course, it would be heartless of me to not ask for your feelings in all of this, young man. It may be a lot to take in and perhaps it may be cruel on us to put such a responsibility upon your shoulders. We may be able to find another solution against the Yiga, so I truly ask for your own choice: Do you wish to follow this path?"

While slightly disheartened by the lack of knowledge about the exact locations of the pendants, Link was at least glad that they at least they had an idea for where to go to find out. "Yeah I was actually going to ask you about that," he said to Zelda as the topic of conversation turned to his new Eye Slate, "I was a little shocked to see the same symbol on it on Impa's armor, and then the Yiga have a similar one so I was wondering if you had a connection of some kind to them."

When his friend declared that they'd work together to find the shrines and pendants he was momentarily happy, especially at the thought of being able to work side by side with one of his oldest friends, but the moment passed and just as he realized that her father would never let her join him on his quest he and Dorian spoke up. And while he would have loved to have Zelda working with him on his quest, he couldn't deny that she'd be far safer under the protection of the Sheikah and the Royal Guard.

Then he heard Ashei bringing up the possibility of a traitor within their ranks and he was stopped cold. The idea of someone betraying the oaths that they'd all sworn...Well, he hoped that Captain Ashei would find the culprit soon, before anything else could go wrong.

He was brought out of those thoughts when Dorian turned to address him, and Link thought for a moment before responding. "I know that it will likely be difficult, especially after seeing what the Yiga are capable of, but at the same time I can't simply do nothing." He nodded, steeling his resolve. "So yeah, I'll follow this path by my own choice."

"Very well then." Said Dorian. "At the break of dawn, you shall embark towards Hateno Village then. We shall provide you with some basic equipment for you, but you'll have to use your own skills to make it through there."

He looked at everyone in the room with a slow nod, "Now that everything is settled, I must take my leave. Your Majesty, mind following me? I'm sure you're still filled with questions."

King Daphnes nodded and soon the two left. The rest of people in the room started to leave one by one...

--------------------------------

Night fell, and everything around the shelter appeared to be quiet and calm. Link had difficulty sleeping. After all, tomorrow he was about to embark on a journey that he never expected to ever do.

It was just a lot to take in. him? A descendant of a legendary line of Heroes? Zelda, a princess with divine power? It was all so strange. However, after seeing the attack that the Yiga did, it was harder to deny this was in any shape true.

It seemed the Sheikah that were attending them all appeared to be busy. Even Paya seemed not to be around at this time. On the back of his head he wished to see Zelda, at least one last time before he had to go. He also felt that his body was hot, a familiar feeling to him at this hour. Again, feeling bad that Paya wasn't around to willingly help him attend said needs.

But most importantly, he wanted to see Zelda....

The Princess herself, was currently away from her chambers. Dressed fully in her casual blue top and dark brown pants, she was at the shelter's storeroom, her hand placed upon what it looked like an ancient stone with the symbol of an eye carved upon it. The place was filled with old knick-knacks from the Sheikah Tribe, so her curiosity was at an all-time high. But also her heart felt troubled. A bit of fear and worry for her friend. A bit of disillusion that she not presented any magic power unlike she was told her line had. Was that normal? Was her own issues? She did not know.

Link nodded at Dorian's words, watching as the man left the room with King Daphnes. As though on cue the room started to empty, and though he tried to get Zelda's attention so that they could talk she was whisked away before he could approach her. Lacking anything else to do, Link began to prepare himself for the journey he'd be going on.

--------------------------------

By the time night had fallen Link had returned to his room, though he was unable to get to sleep despite his best efforts. The combination of his imminent quest and the heat that was filling his body meant that he wasn't likely to drift off anytime soon, and after lying in his bed for a time the young man sat up, giving up on falling asleep for at least a while.

Deciding that if he couldn't sleep he might as well find something to do, Link stepped out of his room and began walking down the hall once more. While he doubted that this place, being a shelter, had much in the way of entertainment, there was always the chance that he might run into a familiar face and have someone to talk to for a time. And if he was very lucky, he thought to himself as he started walking down an unfamiliar hallway, he might run into Zelda.

Sure enough, luck was on Link's side as after a few minutes of walking he came across an open door, and a quick peak inside showed that his friend was inside, seemingly examining something in what looked like a storage room. "Zelda," he called out as he approached her, taking a step into the room, "What are you doing up so late?"

"Oh, hey Link..." Replied the Princess. "I was simply looking at some of the items they had stored. there is so much about the Sheikah that we don't know..."

She turned towards the stone she was previously checking. "Like this stone, for example. It is said these existed all over Hyrule and were able to collect, reveal and pass around information; Like some kind of arcane version of the Hyrulenet."

The golden-haired beauty then gave a short chuckle, a mixed with some sadness. "Heh...its so weird. Here I have the chance to learn so much more from them...but still, part of me feels sad."

Her hand softly caressed the surface of the stone as she continued speaking. "Maybe its because for me to reach this opportunity, so much has to change. The Castle City now destroyed, my father so worried and now I have to face a brand new home that I know nothing about...I admit, it's a bit scary..."

"Not counting the people I know changed as well. Dorian, my Father...my friends....my purpose..."

"One day we are simply enjoying a festival...the next we learn of some divine ancestry we share. It's so much to take in...you displayed some of said power but...w-will I'll be able to do it? What if I fail? Fail my father...the Sheikah...you..."

Her gaze turned back at Link, ow displayed a warmer smile as she recalled back with a giggle. "Heh...remember when we met? We were still just a pair of children. I remember you said you were walking out the ranch to explore. Meanwhile, I managed to sneak away of my guards because I was looking for a flower I saw in my books: The Silent Princess. But then I tripped and fell on a ditch because my dress was too long and not made for walking through the woods. Hehe, I felt like such a fool when I fell on the mud...but then you appeared, having heard me. I was just in tears, but you helped me up and to cheer me up, you picked the first flower you saw and placed it on my hair. Then it turned out you had found a Silent Princess by just luck...By the time Ilia found us, we were but laughing like dolts."

She sighed, while looking down. "Sometimes I wonder why things couldn't have been simple, like that. All those responsibilities I'd soon have when growing up. While you and Ilia kept working at the farm...Now, we are somehow the key to stop some evil from conquering the land...its so much..."

"It's just so scary...but...I guess I'll eventually get over it if I keep my faith in that things will get better. Y-you gotta keep hopes as well, Link. Cause I believe you can do this. You have always find a way to do everything you tried, after all..."

"Just don't forget that, okay? That I'll always believe in you..."

Her face turned red when she realized how sappy she was getting. "Oh here I am talking so much. it's not like we won't see eachother again...?

Leaning over to look at the stone Zelda was talking about, Link couldn't help but think that it looked fairly ordinary for what it was apparently capable of. Standing next to his friend he gave her a small smile, "Change is usually scary," he acknowledged as she looked to him, "But I know that we'll be able to overcome any obstacles in our path, you especially." He placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing lightly. "I have faith that you won't fail."

He grinned at the reminder of their first meeting, the thought giving him a warm feeling, "I was terrified when I first saw you crying there, I'd have done anything to stop your tears. So I grabbed the most beautiful flower I could see and gave it to you." He smiled at his friend, "If that hadn't worked I don't know what I would've done."

"Don't worry Zelda," he said, his voice soft as their conversation turned to his task, "I'll do everything I can to stop the Yiga's plans, and all the faster since I know you have faith in me." He stepped closer, wanting to comfort her, "And when I'm done and the danger has passed I'll take you to see those shrines and you can study them to your heart's content." He could tell from her reaction earlier that she'd been disappointed that she wouldn't be able to join him, so he hoped that this promise would give her something to hope for as well.

Back
Top Bottom