Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Legend of Zelda: Unraveled Legacy (pods6827 & StarMech)

Looking out over the side of the cliff before them, Link took a moment to contemplate the turns his life had taken. "Alright Link, this really isn't much worse than some of the dares Groose has made you do over the years," he commented to himself, before taking a couple steps away from the edge, the better to get a running start. In a way, Revali's taunt actually helped to soothe his worries; they reminded him a bit of his pompadoured friend, and the way they would always egg each other on.

Medli's encouraging words were enough to help steel his resolve, and after letting out his breath he took a runner's start. "On three then. One...Two...Three!" At the mark Link ran forward, paraglider in hand, and once he reached the edge leapt forward with all his strength. After a second the Hylian did as he was instructed and opened the glider just as he began to fall. He was quickly yanked up a bit before he began to glide, his legs dangling in the air as the winds began to push him forward. "Wa-Hoo!" he cried, the exhilaration of gliding through the air finally hitting him. With a wide smile on his face Link began to focus on Medli, following her advice by focusing on her and doing his best to move the glider towards the Rito girl.

Having jumped off the cliff and opened his new glider, Link was met by an incredible sight. There he was, soaring across the air, something he had never done, while the beautiful foliage of the valley lied bellow, bathed by the morning light into a majestic spectacle.. The greens and greys of nature extended far away, like a painting come to life it was difficult not to be mesmerized by the experience; All this to the fact he was right there in the air, flying around like a bird and getting a totally new perspective ad he rode the winds.

Medli could see the excitement in his eyes. She smiled and flew by his side. "Pretty cool right? Now just relax and let the winds carry you. Make sure to lean with your weight so you can guide your trajectory. Not too strongly, just slight moves just like you're doing!"

She was surprised on how quickly he was learning. "Haha, you're a natural, Link!"

The two soared across together, enjoying the descend despite being on a mission. Crossing above the trees, after what felt like a longer time than expected, Link was finally starting to come closer to the ground, instructed by Medli to steer clear from trees and land in somewhere he could assume was safe.

The Rito had an easier landing, being used to this. Revali just continued walking while the avian gal awaited Link's descend. The Ruins were only a few steps further.

As he slowly floated along, carried only by the glider he'd been given and the breeze, Link found himself wishing that he had a third arm that he could use to take a picture of the view from up here. While there was certainly a great deal of beauty in the area from the ground, he found that from up above it all the land was even more so, illuminated by the morning sun as it was.

Following Medli's advice Link let the winds guide him, occasionally moving his body when he needed to adjust the exact direction he was moving in. Eventually he started floating down to the ground, and Link readied himself for the landing. Hitting the forest floor feet first, the Hylian's landing was distinctly less elegant than either of the other Rito, stumbling forward a bit before managing to recover.

"Now that was a rush!" Link replied once he'd found his feet again, smiling widely before looking up at the Ruins. "Looks like we've arrived. I suppose this is where I come in isn't it?" The knight in training began looking around for a place to put his Slate, thinking that there must be a spot where it can unlock the massive door like with the other ancient shrines.

Medli couldn't help but giggle at Link's enthusiasm after riding the winds, "You'll get better as you practice. But for a first try you did amazing!" Revali didn't give a response, more focused on walking onwards.

The trio walked through the tree path until reaching the opening, where a strange series of structure seemed to sprout out of the ground. While similar to the shrines Link had visited before, this one appeared of a much larger size, as well as not fully matching what one'd think of a classic temple or housing.

Looking around, Something akin a Pedestal like the shrines before was found, even having a space to place the Sheikah Slate in. However, it appeared they were ebaten to the punch. The gate to the inside of the structure were already opened, and the pedestal for the slate had a huge crack crossing over it, as if someone, after activating it; Decided to damage it for the fun of it...

"Guess our guests already made themselves comfortable" Revali said arming his bow. "Better step in prepares. Who knows how many there may be inside. Of course, this is the last time for backing up." That last bit clearly directed to Link and Medli.

"I ain't going nowhere." Said the female Rito, getting her own bow ready as well.

"Thanks," Link replied to Medli, stepping forward to join her and Revali as they walked forwards, "I'll definitely have to get some practice in whenever I have the chance..." After a bit of walking the Hylian saw the familiar blue glow of Sheikah technology, a pedestal similar to the ones he'd found at the Shrines before them. As he stepped forward however it was clear that his Slate wasn't necessary, as the Yiga had clearly forced their way through.

"I was hoping that they'd have been kept out long enough for us to arrive..." Link sighed, grimacing at the desecration of the building, "But I suppose we'll have to settle for having the element of surprise." He slowly drew his sword and shield, the weapon hardly making any noise as it left the sheathe. "I'm afraid it's far too late to be backing out, even if I wanted to. I'm in this to the end, don't you worry about that!"

The trio walked inside and down a hallway, to meet themselves with a dark room, the torches around having been extinguished. The pitch-black shade surrounded them all while also enveloped by an unnerving silence. The Rito had their bows at the ready, feeling the dread course down their spines.

It felt like an ambush...

And it sure was as the light of Yiga masks soon appeared from the ceiling. Three Yiga soldiers leaped at them, bringing down their sharp sickles towards them. Revali was fast, shooting two shots and bringing two down from the air before dodging the third one.

Medli quickly brought up a Fire Arrow and threw it at a nearby torch, lighting up the room and revealing the three ruffians in full. The Yiga footsoldiers rushed towards them, despite having been previously hit and attempted to slash at them.

While sudden, the appearance of the Yiga soldiers was hardly surprising. Link had been expecting them to show up any minute, and so when the first group of them leapt out he was ready. His shield came out to block the Yiga's slashing strike, the blonde grunting as he pushed him back. "Well that didn't take long," Link commented as he swung horizontally at his opponent, the blade aiming towards his midsection

"Whatever they seek to do in this place certainly involved not having anyone snooping in." Medli commented. Currently moving to the side as she avoided an incoming slice of a sickle.

Revali was also dodging the incoming strikes from two other footsoldiers, keeping a bit of his coky attitude, he toyed with the two as he dodged every attack, keeping their masked sights locked on him. Then, when the moment arrived, he quickly pulled out his bow and delivered two brutal shots to the neck, making one fall down and disappear in a poof of smoke. The other met a similar end, with an arrow piercing through his chest. Not the cleanest of kills, but their own lives were on the line here.

One of the Yiga moved to the end of the room, gaining some distance from the rest. Following a series of hand gestures and a magic circle forming under his feet, the footsoldier summoned a series of fireballs that were then shot out towards the Hylian and the Rito...

"I suppose it would be too much to ask that they simply let us through wouldn't it," Link commented as he ducked out of the way of a swung sickle, taking the opportunity to slice at the Yiga with his sword, cutting into his belly and drawing a fair amount of blood before he retreated back down the hall.

Seeing the magic circle Link's eyes widened. "Look out!" he called to his companions, watching the magic fireballs form and be launched towards them. Rushing forward, the Hylian ducked beneath one of the larger ones and continued to run towards the Yiga. "Take this!" he cried, unleashing a flurry of slashes at the ninja, not giving him even a single moment to relax, or any chance to escape his wrath.

Despite their tricks and number advantage, the Yiga were not able to subdue the trio. Many falling in battle, poofing into smoke as to not leave a dead body behind, while others simply vanished on their own, fleeing before meeting a similar end.

Medli put her bow back on her back, sighing in relief. She had the skills, but fighting other skilled warriors wasn't something she was truly used to.

Revali simply glanced around, as to make sure they weren't more Yiga around. "Very well. Let us keep going..." He said once he saw the coast was free.

The three ventured further into the ruins. Going down a set of stairs, they found themselves in a room with closed doors, as well as windmill like devices placed across the walls. They seemed to be connected to a series of tubes that elad into the door's mechanism.

Before anyone could really ponder how to brute force it. Medli already had an idea on what to do. She closed her eyes as she stepped forward and took a deep breath. A faint magical aura started to manifest around her, Link'd notice. He could feel the breeze around the room increasing, until beforming a strung gust of wind. Medli's arms shifted into her winged form, bringing them close together before then opening them outwards in a flap, casting the wind forming out in a powerful blast. The strong winds got into the turbine-like devices, activating them and powering the door to open up.

"Blessed with the gift of Gale passed down from Rito Heroes. You're as talented as you're beautiful, Medli." Said the male Rito smugle. Medli simply huffed.

"You're just jealous."

Revali simply huffed and kept going. Medli giggled and looked back at Link asking him, "what do you think?"

Despite the last of the Yoga having disappeared in their usual puff of smoke, Link didn't relax for a few moments. Some of them had survived the attack after all, so it wasn't impossible that they were only pretending to disappear in order to strike once their guard was down.

But once it became clear that there wasn't another wave of Yoga coming (at least for the moment) Link sheathed his sword and walked alongside Medli and Revali. Noticing her relieved sigh the Hylian gave her a small smile. "You handled yourself well Medli," he said, "I know some of my fellow squires would love to be able to react as quickly as you did."

As they entered the next large room Link marveled at the mechanisms that seemed to still be intact. Thinking that Zelda would probably be interested in seeing this, he quickly took out his Slate and took a picture before he began to think of how to get through the doors.

Thankfully for him and Revali, Medli was quick to figure out how to solve the puzzle, and as she summoned forth a powerful breeze to activate the turbines he looked on in awe at her power. "Most impressive!" he replied, giving the Rito girl a wide smile and a thumbs up as they began to walk towards the door, "I've only ever heard of magic like that in stories! We definitely made the right decision to bring you with us."

Medli couldn't help but give a giggle and a peppy smile back at Link after that compliment. "Heh, thanks. This Gale spell something that has been passed down on my family since ancient times."

Revali just kept walking, feeling confident on himself to really be chatting with the others. His bow was at a ready, eager to continue filling these Yiga thugs full of arrows.

The trio continued to venture through the Ruins of Medoh. Room after room, some requiring to mess with its internal machinations in order to keep pumping the wind from the valley into the temple, powering it up and opening more of the building. When the strong winds from outside weren't able to enter, Medli's Gale spell managed to do the trick.

Eventually, they arrived at a bigger room. At the very end, a series of stairs could be seen that appeared to lead to the upper outside area of the ruins. Sunshine filtering through the door frame, enveloping the dreary chamber with faint illumination.

But a sudden loud cackle caught the attention of our heroes.

"Ho hoh hoh ohh!! Soooo, you're the pesky vermin that caused all that ruckus at our campsite..."

The two Rito quickly got into a fighting stance once more, looking around to find the source of that voice.

"You meddlesome children should be taught some manners!! Foolish to think you actually think you can stand to the might of the great Yiga!!"

A cloud of smoke manifested in the middle of the room, sparks of amber floating softly while the smoke extended and dissipated across the room after a while. There was now someone new with them; A rather odd-looking man of portly figure and wearing an extravagant outfit, even compared to the other Yiga. Still, he wore the mask proudly like all his brethren, posing dramatically while his gut jiggled with every movement.

"But you're nothing but vermin! Vermin!! You're now standing before the grace of one of the Great Yiga Masters!! At least feel honored of having such a distinguished opportunity in your final hours!!" The newcomer boasted.

"So you're the one causing troubles to the Rito!" Medling angrily asked.

"Ho hoh hoh ooh! Keeping you folk occupied was only step one of my ingenious plan!" The Yiga superior replied back, taking another over-dramatic pose, "Keeping both Hylian and Rito spread and confused was my mission, yes yes. But also these ruins...oooh these ruins...was what we were waiting for!! An ancient mechanical wonder!! A man-made beast with the power to stop a Calamity!! Imagine the power we could have if we can re-activate it!!"

His gaze (as far as one could tell considering the mask) suddenly locked on Link, the man pointing his finger directly at him. "And youuuuu...oh, I think I have seen you before. Youuu, you been hurting my precious soldiers don't you? Lonk, was it? Yes yes. Such a nuisance! But you're powerless to stop us!!"

"You're telling me this clown is one of the Yiga leaders!?" Revali asked, rather confounding at the silly man. The yiga master however started to stop on to the floor, wavng its arms like a bratty child and shouted:

"Aaahg!! How DARE you!!? You're under the presence of a Yiga Master. Handpicked by our leader to fulfil our glorious cause!! You fools are not even worthy of my time, for I am Master Kohga of the Yiga Clan!!"

Continuing on down the hall, Link worked with the others to open the path ahead of them. When more of the fans needed to be activated in order to open a door, the young Hylian did his best to help get the ruin's machines into position so that Medli could use her spell to activate them.

Eventually however they arrived at a larger room, one that seemed quite different from any they had seen yet. Any possible discussion between the three about what purpose the room might have was cut off by the sound of mocking laughter around them, and Link quickly drew his sword as he searched for the source of the voice.

The young Hylian braced himself as the center of the room filled with smoke, able to vaguely make out a figure within it. What he was expected was a powerful figure, similar to the Yiga they'd already fought, perhaps with greater decorations to show his rank. But even his wildest thoughts could not prepare Link for the man who stood before them.

Nonplussed by the mangling of his name, Link couldn't do anything more than stare as the Master of the Yiga Clan stomped his feet, almost like a child throwing a tantrum. "Words fail me," he managed to say before looking to Revali, giving the Rito Champion a small grin. "Heh, if this is the guy their leader picked, imagine who they must have rejected for the role!"

Shaking his head, Link gripped his sword tight, shifting his body into a combat stance as he glared at Kohga. "But enough clowning around. Whatever your plans are for these ruins, and for Hyrule, we're here to make sure that you fail!"

Even Revali had to agree to that, chuckling and giving Link a grin rather than his usual snark. Even their bickering status would have to agree they both considered this Kohga person somewhat ridiculous.

This enraged the Yiga Master, stomping the ground like a petty child. But once he saw our hero take a stance for combat, he composed himself as well. "Foolish child. Our primary mission for these ruins is already done. We already got what we came from originally. But still, I shall awaken the beat that formed these ruins, raise it from the ground! And then out plans will heavily accelerate!! You cannot stop me!!"

"Enough of this." Exclaimed the Rito Champion taking aim and shooting an arrow straight towards the masked man, only for him to suddenly poof away in series of small slips. His cackle still echoed within the chamber.

"You still think you can do this. Very well. Let me bring up some toys. Yesss! Toys for the children!! He he he he!"

Suddenly a purplish light broke through the darkness, an orb of light shining upon them....then another...and another....

Link and the two Rito would find themselves surrounded by a series of Smaller ver. of the Guardian he once fought at that shrine, crawling at the walls like wild skulltulas. Their red laser aims suddenly pointed towards them as they were preparing to attack....

Kohga's boast about how their task was already complete made Link's eyes narrow, but before he could say anything else Revali had engaged the Yiga and Kohga had retaliated by bringing up more Guardians than he had ever seen at once before. "Spread out!" Link called out to his companions, gripping his sword and shield tight as he began to move, "Don't let them get a lock on you!"

As he stepped forward to strike at the nearest of the mechanical marvels, Link hoped that these ones would be less sturdy that their larger versions. Those ones had been able to take a beating, so he was preparing for the worst. Of course, he mused to himself, they would also have to keep an eye out for the Yiga too. They were certainly slippery enough that one or two of them might still be hiding nearby, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike...Link shook away those thoughts, bashing one of the Guardians with his shield when it got too close before slicing at it's main body with his sword.

The two Rito picked on his advice. Just in time too, as just after alerting about them, the Mini-Guardian drones charged up quickly and started to fire a series of small but fast energy rounds. Blue lasers shot all across the room in all directions. Revali quickly skidded and dashed along, dodging as many as he could. Medli, although with a bit more difficulty, was doing the same.

Link managed to bash one with his shield, sending it off the wall and crashing down on the floor, breaking apart. Luckily it seemed these small versions weren't as durable.

Revali quickly brought up his bow and shot a few arrows their way. The arrows hitting right within the eye of some of the drones and causing them to shortcircuit and explode. The remaining drones, however, kept on shooting.

As the fight continued Link did his best to dodge the shots the Guardians sent his way, darting to and fro as he struck any that he was able to reach. Despite his quickness he was unable to avoid all of the bright blue bolts of energy, some of them impacting on his shield but a few managing to strike his body. Grunting, Link brought the tip of his sword down on the head of one of the Guardians, breaking it just before it could get another shot off.

"Keep fighting!" he cried, lifting his shield in time to block another shot that had been coming his way before charging towards where a few of the Guardians had begun to gather, perhaps hoping that enough numbers would be able to overwhelm their defenses. A quick look at where they were starting to aim made his eyes widen; Medli was right in their line of fire! Link sped up his pace, forcing his body to go as quickly as he could in order to prevent the Rito girl from taking so many shots

"Eeeeep!" Medli was about to be hit by an incoming laser when Link barged in and reflected one of the shots with his shield, sending it straight back at the sender. Revali meanwhile, continued to shot down more of the automatons, glancing at the exit.

He waved to our heroes. "There's too many of them. Let's head out now, we can take them as they pop out!" Then rushed towards the light. Medli followed suit, stepping up the stairs until reaching the upper area. An open space atop the very temple, but protected by a dome-like structure that would have made it hard to reach from the outside.

Revali and Medli had their bows at a ready and, as the drones started to emerge from up the stairs, they immediately shot at them and destroying them. They appeared to work with a very simple AI, set to follow them without realizing the small door frame made it so they were easy target for our heroes. Once done, they looked around at their surroundings.

Atop the dome appeared to be a huge diamond-like device, and inside a strange black goop swirled and shimmered inside of it. Four huge chains seemed to be incrusted upon the crystal, as if locking the device in place.

But right in front of it, Kohga was floating in the air, holding a strange device with similar Sheikah markings at Link's slate. The strange miasma from inside the strange device appeared to slid out of it, and slowly reach into the urn-like gizmo the Yiga was carrying.

"Yeees yeeeesss...we already extracted enough and send it away we have. Yes! But me, I shall need some more. I need it for the Beast's main controls. Must break those controls, I shall! And bring this beast to awaken!!"

He appeared to be talking to himself, not even noticing out heroes until moments later. He huffed and screeched in anger. "Eeeeeee!! You miserable little ruffians. You survived!!"

"Right!" Link agreed, making one more slash at an automaton before he began to retreat back with the others. Once inside the new room Link looked around, eyes wide at both the unpleasant looking black goop as well as Kohga's presence.

Silently Link was about to draw his bow to take a shot at the Yiga leader before they were noticed. "That's right!" the Hylian called out, standing firm against Kohga's tantrum, "Looks like for all your boasting you still can't deal with three teenagers can you?"

"Shut up shut up!!!" Master Kohga raved, waving his arms in anger. "You're only alive cause I went easy on you. But you kids be meddlesome! Meddlesome!! You don't realize you stepped out your line!! Fine then! If you all want to perish for real, then so be it! Cast away your lives!! Youuuu, Hylian Boy Lunk!! Prepare yourselves!!"

He brought his hands together, followed by a series of strange gestures, all while a strange dialect escaped from the non-visible lips. As he did Revali was about to skip the pleasantries and draw out his bow to simply shoot him down right away but the sudden shock of the ground caught them all unaware. The walls of the dome currently surrounding them started to lower, sinking into the ruins leaving them exposed to all the open air. Link's eyes glanced up at the sky to see an ominous portal manifest out of nothing, eyes widening as memories flooded back.

He recalled the familiar event. That mysterious masked man atop the heights of Hyrule Castle City. Similar gestures and a similar portal that summoned a huge terrifying bird-like monster; One that with one powerful beast set the whole royal castle ablaze...

"I call upon thee, o sky-piercing servants! Twins of Malice come forth as I command; Bring thy wind and fury as you ravage these fools as your prey: Come forth!! Gleeok!!"

From the portal emerged two large creatures. Two serpent-like beings twisting around in the air as they flew across the air. Their heads dragon-like, made of a strange magitech-like material of two colors: of a cold Grey and a mossy Green, with glowing red lines across them and big glowy singular eye on each. Their horns thin and large, like a blade incrusted upon their foreheads. Their bodies, however, seemed like made out of darkness; With voxel-like particles floating out of their bodies as they flew around.

Kohga maniacally laughed as the two beasts roared. "Yesss yesss!! Rise up, my little children. I have some delicious morsels for you to devour!!"

the two monsters shifted their gaze upon our heroes and roared, starting to circle around them like hungry vultures, before spilling a pair of energy blasts towards them...

~ Dual Serpent Dragons~

GLEEOK

Link's eyes widened as he watched Kohga's hands begin to move, the similarities between what he was doing now and what the other Yiga had done at the Castle impossible to deny. "Be ready," he said to the others, gripping his sword tight as he mentally prepared himself, "For all his bluster, I think he's got something up his sleeve!"

The young man's words were soon proven right when a monstrous figure began to crawl from the portal, seemingly a fusion of technology and whatever dark powers had created it. So shocked was Link by the fact that Kohga had summoned (or perhaps created?) something that might pose a legitimate threat that he almost stood still as the Gleeok spewed it's foul seeming breath at them. "Spread out!" he cried, rolling out of the way of the attack before it could strike him, "Focus on the heads, they look solid enough that I bet we can break them!" Link himself took a few swings at the green head as he moved around it, but for the most part he was careful not to get too close, in case it had a few more tricks to show

Back
Top Bottom