Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Legend of Zelda: Unraveled Legacy (pods6827 & StarMech)

The way to Hyrule Castle City felt like it went so fast. Maybe it was Link's excitement for the festivities, the bragging about his position or maybe it was his planned "date" with Zelda. Either way, after bidding goodbye to Mr. Bo, he was back on the city streets, heading towards the castle.

The idea was to meet up by the northern gate, as barely any guards stepped out from there.

It felt like time moved slowly. All that anticipation built up. eventually someone stepped out. It was Zelda, dressed in her casual blue top and brown pants. "Hey Link. I finally managed to give my dad the slip."

She was as radiant as ever. The young hylian feeling his heart skip faster.

"so, what do you wanna do first at the festival?"

The trip to Hyrule Castle City seemed to pass in the blink of an eye, and before long Link was standing near the northern most gate, waiting nervously for Zelda to appear. If she couldn't manage to get away from her guards it technically wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but he'd been looking forward to spending time with the Princess all week, and he knew that she wanted to spend time with him too.

His worries were thankfully for nothing though, as after only a short wait the woman in question stepped into his line of sight. Immediately a smile appeared on Link's face as he gazed on the beautiful young woman. "Hey Zelda, glad to see that you could make it." Offering his hand to her, he led her away from the gate as he pondered her question.

"Well I was thinking that first we could try out some of the games that are set up out there. I saw some of them on my way here and they looked pretty fun." He also figured that Zelda, having spent most of her life in the castle learning how to be a perfect princess, wouldn't know most of them and would enjoy the new experience. "That sound good to you?"

Zelda accepted his hand and soon the two got moving. "I'd love to!" She said with a smile that easily warmed Link's heart.

They soon arrived deeper into the city. The whole place adorned with tons of balloons and colorful curtains and streamers. Everything was decorated for the festival; The People were happily laughing, cheering and enjoying the entreatment, some already trying out some games.

A group of women appeared to be performing a series of joyful dances on a small stage wile people of all sizes and races watched happily, even clapping as they joined the rhythm.

Zelda looked around in awe at all the entertainment. Her eyes then noticed a nearby stands. By the bows and the target that held, it appeared to be some kind of shooting gallery game. The princess smirked and looked at Link. "What do you say, Link? A friendly competition of who can shoot the most targets? It may not look like it, but I know my way with a bow, you know. What do ya say?"

The sight of Zelda's smile was always one that put Link in a better mood, her clear enjoyment of what he'd suggested definitely putting him at ease. He wanted to give his friend the best day possible after all. He led her through the city, going at just the right speed so she could take in all of the countless sights and sounds of the festival.

He watched as a group of women performed a dance for a small crowd before turning to look back at Zelda, enjoying the look of sheer enjoyment on her face as she looked around, trying to see everything she could, his own face one of amusement as she did so. Then he saw her look at the shooting gallery and he matched her smirk with one of his own.

"Oh I don't doubt that you know how to use a bow," Link said as they walked over to the stand, "But I doubt your teacher's as harsh a taskmaster as Captain Ashei is for us knights. She's a real perfectionist you know." He looked at the gallery's sign and, seeing the cost, placed enough rupees on the counter for both of them to take part. Fortunately he'd been saving up for the last month for this festival so hopefully he had enough to show Zelda a good time. "A competition sounds fun though, so let's give it a try."

"True that. But I'm no slouch either. I practice a lot in my free time."

Zelda seemed determined as Link put the Rupees on the stand. She smirked as she went first, grabbing the rented bow, The man at the stand eagerly flipped a few switches and a series of targets started to pop up; From down to up, left to right, etc.

The Princess focused at the targets moved. She shot the first arrow; which hit perfectly. Then another, and another. More tagects came on and she started to miss a few times, but eventually finished with a high score of 20 targets.

"My my, that's some good skill lady." Said the stand owned. He then turned to Link smiling, "Your turn good sir!"

Link watched as Zelda stepped up to the stand, her determination all but visible to the naked eye as she lined up her first shot. It was almost adorable the way she was so focused on the targets; he bet he could have walked up behind her and goosed her and she wouldn't have noticed until it was too late to stop him. He managed to restrain himself however, simply watching her take her shots until finally she was finished. "Not too shabby," the young knight said as she stepped back, "But I don't recommend celebrating just yet!"

Picking up the rental bow Link waited for the stand operator to start it back up, mentally calming himself and focusing on the targets. He shot arrow after arrow into the gallery, hitting most of the targets and missing only a handful of them. Eventually though he lowered the bow, having finished the game. His score was tallied up and to his delight Link had managed to hit 22 of the targets, meaning that he narrowly beat his friend!

He turned to face Zelda with a smile on his face, placing the bow back on the counter. "You did very well Zel," he said, using the old nickname he had for her as he handed the bow back to the operator. "I only barely managed to win, and you're definitely a better shot than some of my classmates. Maybe you could give them lessons sometime."

Zelda gasped in amazement at the boy's skill. While just barely, the skill he displayed was for certain above hers. The stand owner clapped as he exclaimed, "Congratulations good sir! You two even cleared past our prize goal so here you go!"

With his peppy personality, he handed each of them an small and adorable plushie. Link's appeared to be one resembling a creature of myth known as a Korok, while Zelda's was a cute Keaton. The princess giggled at the sight of the toys, showing against that dazzling smile.

"Well, I admit my defeat. So, what do you want as your reward for that, hm? How abut I pay the food? Your choice." Proposed the woman.

Link took the offered prize with a grin on his face; while he didn't typically get a lot of 'cute' things in his life, it was worth it to get this one just for the look of pure delight on Zelda's face at the sight of it and her own prize. Still, he thanked the stand's owner and gave her a moment to gush over the two plushies before placing his in his inventory.

"You don't have to do that," Link protested mildly as they stepped away from the stand so a few more people could give it a try, "But I suppose if you put it like that I can't say no." He waved a finger in his friend's direction though, "But I'm paying for whatever we do next."

He thought for a moment, considering where they could go for lunch. "Well, I know there's a Gerudo style place not too far from here that's good, and it's just off the main streets so it might not be too crowded." Link nodded, making up his mind, "Yeah, that sounds good, let's go there." He started leading Zelda in the direction of the cafe.

The two quickly reached the particular restaurant. Sitting at a table, Link ordered a meal set for them both; the princess amazed at the food before them. "It smells so delicious. I have never had the chance to try out Gerudo food. Mmm, looks so yummy."

And looks weren't just all. The taste was incredible and Zelda seemed to enjoy it. "We always have Gerudo envoys at the castle, but I always wondered how must it be to visit their kingdom. I heard their capital is only open to women or men with special permission." She started to go on and on, "And then there's those ruins. Imagine all he information of ancient Hyrule we could learn from those..."

She realized how much she was talking and chuckled softly, "S-sorry. You know that ancient history and tech have always been so fascinating to me..."

Link grinned at how Zelda enjoyed the food, glad that he'd picked a place that she liked. "Yeah, I had a feeling that you haven't had many chances to try Gerudo food," he said after the waitress had brought their food. "The food is especially food here; I come here every once in a while and I've yet to be disappointed."

As they ate the two of them made idle (but comfortable) conversation, the young man and woman quickly easing back into their friendship. Then the topic turned to the ruins within the Gerudo Kingdom and Link remembered just what one of Zelda's favorite topics was. The way she spoke about them you could be forgiven for thinking that she was a scholar of some kind, as opposed to the Princess of Hyrule.

"It's alright," he said with a slightly amused expression on his face. "I might not have quite the enthusiasm for history and technology that you have but you have a way of making it all come alive."'

"So," he began as that topic died down, "How have things been for you? We haven't had many chances to talk recently, so I want to hear what's been going on in your life." It would be good to catch up with his old friend, and now seemed like as good a time as any to do so.

"Oh the same old, really." Zelda spoke, "Lots of studies, having to attend political meetings. All the whole Princess package."

Her expression seemed to sadden. "I'm...sorry I have been so distant. I could have easily just spoke to you more through our Eye Slates, but still didn't. I feel sometimes part of me hates how chained I am that I just force it even harder out of spite of myself..."

She sighed, "Specially at the time of the festival. Father is so busy trying to make everything go perfect., and everyone is always putting me in such a pedestal it sometimes becomes tiring. That's why I'm enjoying this time off so much." Her smile returned more as she said, "You don't treat me like just the Princess; but as your friend..."

The bill soon came and was quickly paid.

"Oh, I almost forgot...Um, Link. I got a present for you. Take it as a token of apology for missing so many birthdays."

She went into her cloth purse bag for something before presenting the gift to Link. It was an Eye Slate! Or at least...it looked like one; Same shape and apparently same functionality, but looked a bit more...ancient-looking, hard to tell.

"A few days ago, I overheard Groose talking about how you had to protect the ranch from some bokoblins and your Slate got all busted. So well...I wasn't able to get a new eye Slate model, but I found this one at the castle."

She started to explain and show it to him. "It somehow has all the functions of the most top-of-the-line models, but looks way older; Not counting it has some locked applications even i couldn't crack. It's so strange, but it was a gift from the CEO of Kaepora Technologies, you know, the designers of the Eye Slate. Maybe it's some unused prototype version. But I really want you to have it."

It was such an admirable gesture, but something seemed strange about the slate. Beyond the shape or color of its magitech markings (which then again, most Slate did anyways) but rather the logo: It was not the blocky eye logo that every other Eye Slate had, but rather a yellow one in the shape of a crying eye...

....the same symbol that mysterious ninja woman wore on her clothes....

"It's alright Zelda," Link said, hoping that he'd be able to cheer her up a bit after the turn in the conversation's mood. He hated seeing her upset like this, and did his best to cheer her up. "You don't need to apologise for anything. Not when you're trying to make up for lost time right now." His lips quirked upwards into a smile, "Though if you do disappear again I don't think I'll be able to stop Groose from trying to sneak into the castle to see you. I was only barely able to stop him the last time he tried."

Link's eyebrows went up when he saw Zelda's gift, "You didn't have to do that Zel," he said as he looked the device over, noting how different it looked from most Eye Slates. Then he saw the 'crying eye' symbol on it and almost froze.

It was definitely the same symbol that the ninja from the previous week had worn, it was distinct enough that it couldn't be anything else. He wondered if Zelda had some kind of connection to the woman but decided that that wasn't likely. He didn't think that the royal family had ninjas at their disposal, so maybe it was just a coincidence?

Regardless, Link looked back up at Zelda with a smile on his face. "I love it Zelda, thank you." He opened up the contact list and saw that it was blank. "Since you gave it to me, I think you should be the first to put your number in here." He held the Slate out for her to take.

----------------------------

Once the bill was paid and they'd left the restaurant Link considered what else they could do during the festival. In the distance he could hear music being played and after looking around he saw a fairly large crowd standing before a small stage and realized that a performance must be going on.

Turning to look at his friend, Link took her by the hand and started leading her over to the crowd, "Come on!" He said as they walked down the street, finding that the musicians we're a Zora group, and that some people were dancing happily to their music. Nothing really formal, just people having a good time. And exactly what Zelda needed to get her mind off of her royal duties.

Coming up to the crowd Link turned to face Zelda and offered her his hand, "Care to dance Zelda?" he asked with a flourish, grinning at his friend as the music played on.

Zelda was a bit nervous at first, with so many people to see her around. However, as she saw Link offering his hand to her, she could not resist.

"Alright." She said with a giggled before the two started to get into the grove. Zelda's happy smile warmed the young boy's heart once more as the two started to merrily dance together. She was surprised to see that link happened to be a pretty decent dancer.

It may not have been for long, but time slowed down for a good while around them. Both just having so much fun.

Eventually the two ceased, realizing their remaining time was short before heading back to their designated duties for the festival.

"I had a ton of fun, Link. It had been so long." She said, almost skipping across the streets. She turned back to see him, arms behind her. "And it's all thanks to you..."

A short sigh escaped her lips. She felt sad having to leave, specially with so much still ahead of them. But she knew her responsabilities were important. "Let's try this again soon. Festival or no festival..."

The princess was ready to walk away before going into deep thought, then desciding to do one last thing. Moving Close to Link she pulled a fast move. Before the hylian could even react she surprised him with a short kiss on the cheek. Then she pulled back with a sneaky grin followed by a playful show of the tongue. "I gotta go now. See you at the festival, Link!"

And with that she was gone. Link still a bit off after that last surprise.

Seeing that Zelda was thoroughly enjoying their fun made the entire day worth it in Link's opinion, and he watched as her various worries melted away with the music. He was also grateful that he'd managed to avoid stepping on her feet as they danced, something he'd worried about happening.

The perfect moment they were having couldn't last forever however, no matter how much they might have wished it could have, and eventually they had to stop dancing, moving over to just outside the crowd. "It was no trouble Zel," he said, glad that she'd enjoyed their day out, "Yeah, we should do something like this more often. And who knows, maybe Groose will be able to join us sometime."

Though he didn't exactly mind that his friend had made him scarce this time, and he resolved to thank the redhead next time he saw him.

Then, just as he was about to start making his way to where he needed to be for his part of the festival he saw Zelda move close to him, his eyes widening as he saw he press her soft lips against his cheek. He almost missed her words, so surprised was he, and after she left a wide smile appeared on his face. "Woohoo!" he cheered, pumping an arm as he realized what had happened.

A big thank you to Groose, he thought as he made his way towards his destination, practically skipping as he did so. After all, it wasn't every day that the girl of your dreams (literally sometimes) did anything like that.

After that successful date with Zelda, Link soon arrived back at the castle halls to be greeted by Captain Ashei. Despite her arms crossed, she did not seem as upset; A good sign that he had arrived on time.

"Good to see you on punctuality, Link. Go to your designated lockers; The others are already changing as we speak." Explained the teacher. "Once on head to the courtyard for one last talk before the Ceremony begins.

A rare smile managed to crack through he usual cold exterior. Possibly because of the smooth going of the festivities. "No need to be nervous. Most of our work is just to stand around the ceremony."

-----------

A change of clothing into his Armor, Link now stood still at the middle of the courtyard. To his side were the students chosen to join the other knights of the court to accompany the Sage across the main plaza before reaching the stage and shrine set; To his right was Groose, followed by Pipin and Karene; Other two students and good friends of Link.

In front of the was Captain Ashei, while Scholar Shad watched from afar. She was practically lecture them on the way they had to stay by the Sage's side as she made her round. Nothing our heroes didn't know already, but rather a quick refreshing.

Eventually she finished. "--Everyone understand? Good. The veteran knights should arrive here any minute for us to he--"

"Heh, so these are your lil' pickings for the Ceremony, huh Ashei?"

The female captain frowned, almost with a slight tone of disdain. Then she turned back to meet up gaze with the man arriving.

"General Onox..."

The man was tall with a very muscular and massive frame. His armor hard and seemly heavy, but he was able to move with little issue. His big helmet covered his eyes, only letting his mouth and pronounced jaw line to be visible.

Behind him were a group of veteran knights, a shown by the design of their armors. Silently they marched and positioned themselves behind the trainees.

"Gotta admit...I would have personally picked a much more...promising lot." Said the general. A hint of mockery in his voice.

"These are some of our most talented trainees. I can assure." Ashei replied with a cuttingly hard tone. It was clear that she did not enjoy the General's attitude towards her students.

Onox simply took one hard glance at each of the knights-in-training. Taking an extra set of seconds when he reached Link. "...I'll take your word for it, then." He said with another unsettling smile.

He turned around towards the passway they would use to reach the plaza. "either way. It's almost time. The sooner we get this over with, the better, in my opinion..." He then motioned the knights to follow his lead.

Ashei simply rolled her eyes before following.

Thankful that his time with Zelda hadn't made him late (though he wouldn't exactly have minded if he'd gotten to spend more time with her), Link nodded to the Captain and headed back into the locker room to change.

-----------

It didn't take long for Link to put on his armor, the young man having gotten a lot of practice at quickly donning it over the course of his training. So the four of them were able to get out to the courtyard in a matter of minutes.

Link stood up straight as Captain Ashei explained once again their part in the ceremony, the young man paying attention to make sure that he didn't miss anything.

Which meant that he wasn't surprised when General Onox strode in, his own students marching in step behind him. He was able to hold himself back from jumping to their teacher's defence, knowing that she could handle herself, and when Onox looked them over he met his gaze, not flinching or showing any fear as he'd seen a number of younger trainees do when faced with the giant of a man.

Eventually though the general turned away, ordering his students to start marching out onto the stage. Mentally readying himself, Link marched in unison with his friends at Ashei's command, doing his best to make sure that he wouldn't screw up.

Link's fellow knights whispered amongst themselves as General Onox started to walk away.

"Never a time when he isn't acting like a complete egocentric pri-" Karene commented before being interrupted by Pipin.

"He is still our superior. So any complain we have is moot." He replied.

"Still, one has to wonder why such a j*ckass ever got to such cozy job anyways?" The girl knight muttered, luckily out of the General's range of hearing.

--------------------

The group started to march and so did Link and the others, simply remaining quiet for the next of the trail. They stopped in front of a particular building. The couple of minutes awaiting there felt really slow, but then the opening of the nearby door and the figure who stepped away caught the attention of our Hylian hero.

A woman covered in a dark blue cloak walked out. Her robes decorated with a series of white markings, including the famous symbol of the goddesses on her back. From what was little visible with the hood on, Link could see a soft skin and smile, as well as some bangs of light blue hair managing to escape from being hidden. In her hands she also carried an ancient tome of unknown text.

Captain Ashei gave the mysterious woman a soft bow before the cloaked figure positioned in the middle of the knight formation. By the looks of things this was indeed the Sage they were tasked to escort to the ceremony. Despite not being able to see her fully, Link probably agreed on what Groose had commented days ago; That the Sage was, in fact, a cute one...

The group of knight and the Sage started to move, crossing from the many streets of the city towards their destination. the idea was of prancing the Sage around, as people gathered left and right to cheer and wish upon her blessings; Making a round until returning back at the central plaza where the stage of the ceremony was being held.

Everything seemed to go smoothly. Link could see how many people, young kids or eldery citizens and everything in between, gathered to either watch from a distance or to look closer at the Sage making her rounds. At certain moments she tended to stop and listen to the voice of the people, passing soft verses and blessings which filled the townspeople with joy.

This continued on, until finally reaching the plaza, where the biggest crowd had been gathered. At the stage, Princess Zelda and her father, as well as other guards, were seated at the back, all awaiting for the Sage to reach her destination.

Eventually, as she stepped on stage, Link and the knights were called to take their distance and remain around the crowd.

The crowd, previously cheering, now remained silent as the Princess, after a nod from the King, stood up and walks on stage, while the Sage awaited her turn.

At the same time this happened, Link noticed the lens-carrying devices floating above the people with their propellers, with a blue crystal inside. The young boy knew well these were cameras; Which recorded what was happening and displayed them on the many Seervision (As their version of television, which involved small bases that projected a magical screen with the images, are called in this world) screens around the kingdom. Seervision screens were also placed atop the stage, letting people from far away get a closer look regardless of position.

Maybe Mr. Bo and Ilia were watching the ceremony at the ranch from the house's Seer-vision as well!

Zelda approached the magic-tech looking microphone device and coughed softly before starting. "Welcome, everyone. It is nice to see so many people gathering here today. From the men and women living in the city, to visitors of many races and places; From all over Hyrule. It is only another sign of the great unity that the people of this kingdom has achieved through working together against adversity; Against prejudice; against weather, beasts and more...."

She took a soft pause as her eyes appeared to notice Link amongst the crowd, making her smile and shake some of her nervousness, before continuing. "As your noble Princess, it is my duty and great honor to start this sacred ceremony by welcoming the wise words of the Sage of Time: Mistress Lana..."

Claps ensued from everyone as the cloaked woman walks to the center of the stage. Zelda moved aside to let her reach the microphone before she pulled off the hood of her robe. Her face fully revealed: A beautiful young woman of beautiful purple eyes and soft light blue hair, made in a ponytail.

A long pause followed. As she focused, the old book the girl was holding, floated a few inched off her hands and opened on itself, moving pages until reaching a particular set of ancient text.

"O land of Hyrule. Vast kingdom of ever-giving wonder; Wise beyond your eons you both nurture and challenge us..."

"From eras of yore you were forged by the goddesses, bringing us to life and left under the care of your fellow golden deity, the Great Hylia. One who does not simply protect us in time of need, but knows that we must develop on our own as well; To carve our own paths and leave our mark in history."

"As history is but a reflection upon the great stream of time. Who's flow runs like a river; With its own twists and turns, and many branching paths. Yes, as much as a river shifts course, creating their own crosses and paths, time itself does so the same. Our vision of this world may be simply just one of many branches; Different stories that may never be heard by our ears, or seen by our own eyes..."

The crowd remained silent, as the Lana continued her words...

"O land of Hyrule. Who's soft precious winds blow softly upon. Like a breath within the Wild that surrounds us. The ever changing stream of time has showed us that no matter the doubt, no matter the fear...even as the world loses hope, there shall always be someone or something that shall remain standing against darkness and adversity."

"Whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in the glowing embers of twilight; Whether if amongst an endless sea or within the wild lands of ruin...this one, this Light, shall forever give us that hope once lost. Hope forged of wisdom and courage, and holding a great power within...."

"O Goddesses of Hyrule, you who watch from the heavens beyond. Please hear our voices and prays. Let our lives prosper and evolve, but never forgetting the past once forged by your hand. the gains and loses. To always remember to not stray from the right path. Please o Divine Power...grant us your blessing!!"

The Sage rose her arms at the last bit, as she shouted loudly. Her floating tome now spewing a thin but long beam of light that shot upon the skies, before exploding into a dazzle of fireworks-like flashes, then cascaded down like a rain of soft sparkles. The people watched in awe, then cheered happily and loudly as the ceremony had been completed. It was strange, but her words really resonated within Link, but he had no idea how and why.

Lana smiled and gave a bow to the crowd, before walked back and letting the king step in front of the mic.

"Let us celebrate this divine blessing in our time of union!" Said King Daphnes proudly, "For Peace and Prosperity of our beloved Kingdom of Hyrule!"

The people eagerly cheered with him.

...well...except some many few, amongst the crowd. They were smiling...or rather grinning...

A harsh sound of distortion soon made everyone wince. The seervision screens gained static before they begun to shake and morph, before stabilizing again. However, the stage was no longer being displayed. But rather an ominous red symbol was plastered on to the screens.

Link could recognize it as well. It was once again the symbol of the mysterious ninja and the strange Slate given to him by Zelda. But this one was not just another darker shade of red, but also upside-down.

"Such cheerful words for a Kingdom forged by foolishness and blood..."

The king's mic was no longer heard, but rather an ominous yet calm voice. One that people could feel the hatred behind it, as well as the deep and frightening tone...

A knight approached the King, currently in shock, and informed into his ear. "Sir, we are receiving reports of big assemblies of monsters breaching through the city's defenses!"

"What?! But what about the Great Defending Pillars!?" replied the monarch in a fit of both worry and anger.

"T-they don't seem to be responding, sir! Look" Another knight, holding a slate and checking the reports, said before pointing to the big pillars. The usual blue hue that the markings across the large towers emitted were now changed to glowing reddish purple colors, while sparks seemed to crack around their structures.

The crowd started to look around in panic. The knights quickly going towards them to calm them down, offering to escort them to safety. Pipin and Karene were amongst them that were watching over the citizens while Link could see that another group of them were already taking the Princess, the Sage and the King somewhere else.

"W-what's happening?" Asked Zelda to her father before a knight held her by the arm and started to move her away. "Your majesty, we must take you all to the emergency shelter ASAP!

She seemed to struggle, much to the king's corner, because of her worry about the citizen's well-being.

Link was then interrupted by Groose which shifted his view as he pointe upwards. "Dude look over there!"

Atop one of the pillars appeared the be the shadow of a person, standing right at the top. It was hard to really tell who or what it was, but thats soon changed when the magical screens shifted again, dismissing the mysterious logo for a close up of said person; As if it somehow was controlling the airwaves.

The figure appeared to be a tall man wearing some kind of helmet fused with a mask, who's sight of vision was invisible; As the mask only shower the upside-down symbol that previous appeared on the screen, with the exception of his exposed mouth and jawline. He seemed to be wearing some kind of black hood, letting just some long locks of silver hair show off. He also wore a red and black armor and a black cape that flowed with the ominous winds.

The man then spoke once more.

"People of Hyrule. Your so-called Peace is nothing but a crumbling illusion. A mere short moment of tranquility before the chains of Fate once again gain control over history...." He said, "One cannot run away from destiny, specially after it was forged from the fires of death and betrayal!! That is why We have stepped from the shadows to carve a new path..."

"One that must begin with Hyrule's Destruction!!!"

Suddenly, the entire central fountain of the plaza was submerged into a black void that manifested underneath it. A pitch black hole, oozing with dark power. From its depths then emerged a big armored hand. Some kind of black armor knight emerged from the darkness, but with just a glance one could tell that said knight was not normal. Tall and muscular, with nothing but darkness through the helmet except two red glowing eyes. It's armor glowing with the same magitech lines of color as the now corrupted towers, all while a terrified moan escaped its non-existant lips. Everything about this knight screamed something demonic!

Then two more of these...Darknuts, as it were, spawned from the rift before ti closed. They rose their blades and brought down as the people around made a run for it. This was enough for the pack of knights to finally get a better grip of Zelda and take her and the King away of the scene. People screamed as they fled and the armored monsters smashed everything around them with no care for any well being of the hylians.

Some knights soon engaged them into combat, clashing swords with vigor. But the Darknuts proved to be too strong. One of the royal knights begin grabbed and throw away a large distance and into a wall, while another met a much more unfortunate end, as he was sliced in one hard swing by the demon as he screamed in agony. The remaining knight quickly took their distance.

And this was not just at the plaza. Soon enough, rifts started to spawn across the city. Bokoblins emerged from them, aided alongside swarms of one-eyed Keese. An alarm was heard throughout the city. Attention! City has been sieged! This is an State of Emergency! Everyone follow Royal Guard's orders and direct to the designated Safe Zones immediately!"

Everything was falling into chaos. Groose's body shook. "L-Link. W-what h-h-happening!? W-what do we do?" Despite his current panic and shaking legs, he still held his sword tightly in the sense of duty. but he knew well that Link was the much smarter individual and the one with the kinder heart.

The mysterious masked man spoke again...

"We're Hatred Reborn! We are the Yiga Clan!! Surrender or perish in the flames of our resurrection!!!"

((Phew. hoo boy. This post sure took a lot out of me! I really wanted this post to be good and I think i nailed it good! What do you think?))

(I think that it's amazing! Definitely worth the wait!)

As they marched Link listened to Pipin and Karene whisper back and forth, and couldn't help but silently agree with the female knight. It was sometimes hard to believe that someone with Onox's personality could have made it as far as the rank of General, though he supposed that he might just be so skilled at his job that it made up for his lack of social grace.

--------------------

When they stopped outside of a building Link waited at attention for the Sage to step out, and it wasn't long before she did so. While he could see little of her face because of her cloak, from what he could see he was pretty sure that Groose was right about her cuteness.

Regardless, they soon started to march through the streets, their procession moving along at a good pace as the crowds of people cheered for the Sage. Seeing the happy looks on their faces Link couldn't help but smile, glad that everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Eventually though they reached the main stage, and all of the knights took their places around the crowd. Because of that they probably had the best view of what was going on in front of them, not having to crane their necks to see anything. The crowd began to quiet as Zelda stepped out, only the sounds of the cameras whirring slightly making any real noise as she started to speak. He made sure he was standing up straight, not wanting to look bad with so many people watching (both here and at home).

He listened as Zelda spoke to the crowd, her soft, warm voice echoing out as she gave her speech. When she paused for a moment he met her eyes and smiled, silently encouraging her to do her best. It seemed to help, as after that she spoke with more confidence, introducing the Sage before stepping to the side.

As the Sage spoke Link felt himself being drawn into her words, and not simply because of how beautiful she was (though that was also a factor). There was a certain... presence to her words that made him stand up and pay attention, almost in a daze. He snapped back to the real world when she finished, unsure of what had just happened but applauding with the crowd anyway.

...That is, until a loud burst of noise interrupted them, causing many to place their hands on their ears. Then someone started speaking, their hate-filled voice coming out of the speakers. Link was shocked to see the same eye symbol he'd been seeing a lot lately. At this point, he was a lot less willing to chalk it's appearance up to coincidence.

Groose's words brought his attention up to the shadowy figure on the rooftops, and his words seemed to bring a feeling of terror to those around them, which wasn't at all helped by the black void that seemed to envelop the area, or the dark knights that came from it!

Turning to his friend, Link gestured for Groose to follow him. "Come on, we need to protect the crowd from the monsters and get them to the safety!" Though those were his words, in truth Link wanted to run up and help protect Zelda and her father, but he could see a number of knights already doing so. No, they could protect the royals for the moment, he would protect the people.

With that thought Link ran towards the crowds, doing his best to get them to calmly head to safety, occasionally having to kill a bokoblin or a few keese that tried to get too close.

((Got a Nintendo Switch for my birthday with Breath of the Wild. So now I'll be able to have more hands-on experience with the game XD ))

Link continued to fight monster after monster alongside his fellow knights. However, in the back of his head he couldn't stop thinking about Zelda's fate. Was she okay? did the other knights managed to take her somewhere safe? What about Captain Ashei and General Onox? Were they with her? There were so many questions...but there was something else. Some unknown reason why he wanted to go as well. But what was it? Just some strange gut feeling....

His guard lowered due to his continuous thoughts, a Bokoblin with a spear was ready stood hit him when a powerful bash of a shied knocked it out cold.

"Link!" Said Groose after saving his friend. He looked back at the young hero and smirked. "G-Go ahead. I know you're worried about Zelda and honestly, I do too. We'll keep clearing this area in the meanwhile."

Pipin and Karene nodded as they sliced an incoming Bokoblin in unison. Agreeing with Groose as a few other knights made it into the scene. They all understood after seeing Link's expression that it was just something he needed to do.

The red pompadour man smirked, despite his legs still shaking. "If you see the Princess tho, remind her that the Great Groose saved your life and the lives of many people, you hear? Now go!"

As the horde of monster was now really low, the knights in training had opened a rout for Link to go forward in town...

------------------------

He made his way through the streets. His strange gut feeling just becoming stronger...

Suddenly he heard a cry for help. An old man laying on the floor as a couple of Bokoblings with claymores approached him. "Heeeelp! Someone! Please help!!"

(Happy Birthday! And that's great, it's a great game. Did you see the DLC that came out as well?)

The continuous questions in Link's head were starting to eat away at him, his gut telling him that there was someplace else that he needed to be. Still he fought on, until a bokoblin attempted to take advantage of his distraction...

...Until it was itself attacked from behind, Link's head whipping around to see that Groose had saved his hide! "I'll be sure to do that," he said to his friend, seeing the path that they had opened up for him. "Alright, wish me luck!" With that he charged down the road in the direction he'd seen the Royal Guard leading Zelda and her father.

------------------------

As he ran the road he was on was largely empty, only the occasional bokoblin or keese barring his path, and those fell quickly to his blade. His charge was interrupted however when he heard a person shouting for help. Looking around he quickly found the source, an old man with monsters circling him.

Thinking quickly, he charged the nearest bokoblin and quickly cut it down, stepping between the man and the remaining monsters. "Are you alright?" He asked, one eye on him and the other on the shocked bokoblin. "If you can stand you should make your way to a safe zone before any more monsters show up. Don't worry," he said as he charged the remaining bokoblin, "I'll take care of this one."

Link did his best to end the fight as quickly as possible, knowing that the longer he took the less likely he'd be able to find Zelda.

((Yes. Sadly I don't have enough cash left to buy it, so I'll wait till next month hopefully.))

The Bokoblins fell down quite easy. Perhaps already wounded? Link did not know. As the ones across town and the one was attacked the ranch a week ago, these disintegrated in a poof of smoke.

The old man stood up, as Link turned away, ready to leave. However, the man did not leave but rather stood there...smiling.

"Oh I can stand, alright. The question is...can you?"

Before our hero could react he felt a powerful pain upon his back. While not a lethal cut, he was surprised by a powerful slice upon him. The old man grinned madly, in his hand a big sharp steel Sickle in his hands.

"Such courage for someone who's city be doomed to fall...We'll enjoy this..." The old man said with a demential glee in his voice.

His figure was then hidden by a sudden poof smoke; red slips with an ancient calligraphy bursting from himself. When the smoke disappeared the old man was no longer there, but in its place was a mysterious ninja-like man wearing a red and black suit and a mask bearing the same inverted eye symbol of the attacker...

A series of cackles soon followed. From the shadow emerged three more identical looking assassins. All cutting Link's exits.

(I hope to get it soon as well, it looks like a lot of fun)

Link's relief at having rescued the man quickly turned to shock as he felt a sharp pain rip across his back. His eyes widened as the man was enveloped by smoke and a masked figure wearing what he guessed was the Yiga Clan's symbol on it. Stepping back, he watched as three more figures appeared, surrounding him.

"Tch. That was a clever trick you pulled," the knight commented as he brought his sword and shield up. "Of course, now that you're out in the open, I'm thinking that your ninja tricks won't work on me."

Without any warning Link leapt to his left, swinging his sword in a quick strike at that ninja's midsection, hoping to surprise the ninja enough that he could take him out and reduce the numbers advantage they had.

His sword swing was ineffective as the mysterious Yiga ninja vanished in a poof of smoke as soon as the blade came close. Reappearing behind him, he kicked him hard on the back, sending Link towards another one who sliced with its own sickle.

The other Yiga leaped in and kicked him on the face, sending our hero down. All of the assassins simply laughed at him. Finding this child's play.

"Hahaha, you're but a simple knave. Do you really think acting so smug against trained assasin was wise?" Laughed one of the footsoldiers, "This will be more entertaining than I thought. Just give up!"

Link felt his body become battered and bruised as the Yiga countered his attack, feeling a bit angry at how easily they were playing with him, like he was only a temporary amusement to them. He struggled back to his feet, hand still on his sword as he examined them more closely. The four were still in a circular position around him, perhaps a bit closer than they'd been before/

Suddenly a thought occurred to him! He remembered one of Ashei's lessons, about an advanced move that she'd showed them early on in their training; the Whirling Blade Technique. It was a difficult move to pull off, and the potential for it being countered was there, but if the four of them would just come a little closer he figured he could get all of them in one go.

"I'm not someone who gives up so easily," he said, glaring at the group as though daring them to come closer. As he spoke he readied his body, preparing himself for the technique and hoping against hope that it would work.

The Yiga Footsoldiers did not seemed intimidated by Link's sudden change of stance. For them, he was nothing but a rookie biting more than he can chew, or so the intel said. They all leaped in unison , ready to strike him down.

As he stood there, ready to unleash the Whirling Blade, Link could feel himself feeling stronger, more capable, something inside him was burning like a flame of passion and courage. His hand holding the blade manifested the image of a golden triangle, glowing brightly before his attack. Link's whole body seemed encased in a golden aura which, as they saw it, were making the Yiga jaw drop from inside their faceless masks...

Back
Top Bottom