Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

Yeah, I'm having the issue of being unable to make a post in the thread search. Not the worst problem, but a bit of a bother. When mods know what's up (if this is an issue they're trying to figure out), I'd love to get an ETA on when that's gonna be fixed!

If you are unable to post, your thread is in the archive. Pm a green or red name to have it moved out.

To alleviate the confusion (and the buck stops with me), the rules were updated as I mentioned. PLEASE read them. They tell you about how frequently to bump and what is allowed, etc etc.

Also, earlier I mentioned that bumping would be changing. We are going back to the old way of things. So, TWO thread per section per account. Also, an archive is just that. An archive. It means it's old news and not meant to be touched. It's locked for a reason and won't be unlocked.

So, post your threads normally. Click either male, female, or other. Then create your thread. The end. Hope that explains that. If you wish to have a thread moved from the archive, please ask a red or green name. If you wish to start over, you can certainly do so.

Thats the thing though, some of us aren't able to create new ones at all, it just throws an error.

I figured out the issue....Way back we had issues with people posting in there when we created the sections, so permissions were turned off. They needed to be turned on. They are on now. Give it a go and see. Sorry about that.

I've been away for a while and I haven't made a request thread in a long time. I knew about the short-term/long-term divide but didn't really do anything with it. Now I see all the long-term and short-term threads are archived and when I tried to make a new request thread for some RP's in the Male section, it wouldn't let me.

So, what all is happening and why? If someone could catch me up and fill me in on the details, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Nope. They have been archived. So, people can either ask to have their threads moved. OR, they can post anew in the main area of the various one x one RT sections for their requests. Whichever is easier for you. Please, however, be patient if you request a move. I cannot speak for everyone else on staff, but I am being swamped with move requests. I'm doing my best to get to them as quickly as possible.

Blacksteel Alchemist said:
I am now unable to edit my thread, bump my thread or do anything to my thread... Help?
It was my first warning....

Your old existing thread is archived.

You need to make a new thread in the proper section as the link at the top of the page explains. Or you can get in line and wait for your request thread to be moved by asking someone with a Red or Green name (admins or full mods)

So I have just checked in. All existing threads are in 'archived' mode, right?

I ask because (and I've been longing to do this...) It's perhaps a good time for me to clean house on my end and perhaps get some new requests up here. I want to make sure I have the right request (Story based or a quickie) to the right forum before posting.

Thanks again, and thanks for cleaning house. Sometimes it's best to just hit that 'big reset button' and start over.

I will suggest, that if once a day is too often perhaps 3-5 days is a good range. *shrugs* I dont care too much either way really.

Haruki-sama said:
So I have just checked in. All existing threads are in 'archived' mode, right?

I ask because (and I've been longing to do this...) It's perhaps a good time for me to clean house on my end and perhaps get some new requests up here. I want to make sure I have the right request (Story based or a quickie) to the right forum before posting.

Thanks again, and thanks for cleaning house. Sometimes it's best to just hit that 'big reset button' and start over.

Correct, there is no long-term and short-term anymore.

Members can use this to an advantage and start new and fresh. I wish you luck on your new journey!

Okay, was a little blindsided by the changes for the requests a bit. Been away quite a little bit so I didn't know and I tried to update my request thread. With the new changes, I'm a little confused with what the rules are exactly. for the Once a day bump rule, does that apply to both Short term and Long term request threads? I also see a possible problem if I am understanding things correctly: With the unlimited amount of Short term threads, the long term requests are possibly going to become lost quicker, even with the once a day bump limit.

If both are going to be together now, Could it be possible if we can have the short term requests be limited to like three threads a day per user with no bumps allowed or a weekly limit altogether? That way, Long term requests won't be pushed down into the lower pages as fast. If I am mistaken, please disregard this.

Blazorna said:
Okay, was a little blindsided by the changes for the requests a bit. Been away quite a little bit so I didn't know and I tried to update my request thread. With the new changes, I'm a little confused with what the rules are exactly. for the Once a day bump rule, does that apply to both Short term and Long term request threads? I also see a possible problem if I am understanding things correctly: With the unlimited amount of Short term threads, the long term requests are possibly going to become lost quicker, even with the once a day bump limit.

If both are going to be together now, Could it be possible if we can have the short term requests be limited to like three threads a day per user with no bumps allowed or a weekly limit altogether? That way, Long term requests won't be pushed down into the lower pages as fast. If I am mistaken, please disregard this.

Everyone gets only two thread. They can make them short or long term, but they all follow the same bumping rules.

The first post of this thread should be changed to avoid confusion. Other than that, no problem.

Agreed. They were what led to my confusion in the first place. I understand that the mods and Big Boss himself have a lot to deal with for move requests and everything else, so I'll not be asking to move mine. Thanks for clarifying this for me, Virginia.

For anyone reading this, here is just a little recap to save time for everyone. All the existing threads you had posted up to a week(?) ago have been moved to the archives, and you are now allowed ONLY two request threads overall for each section, for a total of six threads overall, each with a once per day bump limit, regardless of the requests being Long or Short term. Archived threads don't count towards the limit unless you contact a green or red named mod and request to have the thread you want moved. And at this time, please be patient as the mods are obviously swamped with move requests amongst other tasks.

If I'm wrong, please point it out so I can ammend the recap. just trying to help everyone here.
Edit: made the changes for what was pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom