Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

I really don't get why the policies keep on getting changed, though being a grognard here I guess I'm glad things are back to the way they were over the past few years.

I can't say I'm a fan of the "no posting in others' threads" rules, though. I've had a few posts deleted because I was informing a partner they had PMs disabled for some reason and had no other way to get in touch with them. It seems needlessly draconian.

Letexta said:
Is there a list of green and red named admins/mods anywhere?

The forum team link at the bottom of the forum index takes you here: https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showteam.php

One correction, members can have up to two threads PER section. So a single account can have up to SIX active request threads if they decide to have 2 in females, 2 in males and 2 in others. But the rest that's been said is correct. Also, as a note to everyone, each request section has a stickied thread titled 'REQUEST RULES'. Inside is a little Q&A of the big questions that most of you might have regarding your threads and the like. So I highly recommend looking them over. Thanks.

darkangel76 said:
Please, however, be patient if you request a move. I cannot speak for everyone else on staff, but I am being swamped with move requests. I'm doing my best to get to them as quickly as possible.

it feels like this whole approach just makes every more annoying for the RPers and the staff...

I cannot find a way to mass move things. If I could, I would. And I tried leaving things so people could copy/paste their own, but all that did was cause people to remain within the sections and bump away in there rather than remake in the appropriate area. Soooo yep. Sad truths, man. It is what it is. It's a hiccup, but a transitional one. People want their once a day. So, such is life.

I would have suggested maybe a compromise of "three days" *70 hours* and anything under 70 even 69.99 would be punished with a warning.
But i trust the judgements of the moderators and will do as they wish.
I had expected the long term thread that was previously 1 only to be the new one as i thought it stayed as it was the first shift? Or no? I dont remember.
But while its a hassle to move threads i think this is the right descision. The people who are more ontop of things are able to keep up and well okay i dont know what im saying anymore but this works.
Best of Luck to the Moderators.

Would it be easier/more efficient to use a thread for an intake queue rather than requests bouncing around to the mods and admins . No comments, just a link to the thread moved from and destination for each one.

Then as mods/admins do them they could put an x in the post. Not sure if this is easier or not but it might help cut down the overhead on servicing the requests?

megyn said:
Would it be easier/more efficient to use a thread for an intake queue rather than requests bouncing around to the mods and admins . No comments, just a link to the thread moved from and destination for each one.

Then as mods/admins do them they could put an x in the post. Not sure if this is easier or not but it might help cut down the overhead on servicing the requests?

I personally think that would be easier, but I'm not a Mod or Admin here. LOL

Just so everyone knows, the main post of this thread has been updated, and now includes essentially all you need to know about the new simple bumping policy.

I must ask for clarification purposes, but are we allowed two request threads total for each account ( per section ) so long as we are on blue moon? Or do you mean we can only have two active request threads at a time? I think I have grown confused somewhere along the way. Do we have to ask for our really old request threads we no longer want to be deleted before we can make a new request thread, or as long as it's not active it can fall to the back?

I suppose every time a change happens on the forum, it requires a good amount of effort from the mods and other people with colorful names. So I don’t want to offend anyone by saying it, but if I’m allowed, I really didn’t like this newest policy, even though it’s pretty much how things were before. Separation of short and long term requests and one week bump rule were imo great inclusions. Now, both of them are gone. At least, I guess now it’d be easier to moderate req threads for the mods. Can’t we at least a rule about people bumping both of their threads at the same time that are on the same section of the forum? Something like one bump in 24 hours for one thread. I often see threads from the same users back to back with similar themes.

I don't see why so many people are against the bumping every 24 hours rule. That has always been a good thing. I love that they returned to the old ways where we were allowed to bump every 24 hours. Bumping once a week is kind of harsh. I mean in seven days someone might not even want the roleplay as much as they wanted it the week prior. I never saw anything wrong with the way things have been run for all the years I have been here. When things are more lax everyone can enjoy themselves and not have anxiety about breaking rules, or doing something wrong. And the separation of short and long term requests always confused me immensely. I like that they have put things back. Less confusion and more time to just relax and roleplay again without fretting you are posting your request thread in the wrong place, or bumping too often. Less strain on everyone. Thank you Mods!

jamilover said:
I must ask for clarification purposes, but are we allowed two request threads total for each account ( per section ) so long as we are on blue moon? Or do you mean we can only have two active request threads at a time? I think I have grown confused somewhere along the way. Do we have to ask for our really old request threads we no longer want to be deleted before we can make a new request thread, or as long as it's not active it can fall to the back?

A single user is allowed to have up to 2 request threads per section. For example, if I wanted, I could create and have 'active/open' up to 2 female Threads, 2 Male threads, and 2 Uncategorized Other threads, for a grand total of 6 overall.

Old threads that are still in archive are considered 'close/inactive' until manually pulled out by staff upon request. You are free to forget about them and let them rot in archive if you would prefer to start fresh. Pulling them out however is very easy, if you want that. Just PM a green or red name with link. :)

jamilover said:
I don't see why so many people are against the bumping every 24 hours rule. That has always been a good thing. I love that they returned to the old ways where we were allowed to bump every 24 hours. Bumping once a week is kind of harsh. I mean in seven days someone might not even want the roleplay as much as they wanted it the week prior. I never saw anything wrong with the way things have been run for all the years I have been here. When things are more lax everyone can enjoy themselves and not have anxiety about breaking rules, or doing something wrong. And the separation of short and long term requests always confused me immensely. I like that they have put things back. Less confusion and more time to just relax and roleplay again without fretting you are posting your request thread in the wrong place, or bumping too often. Less strain on everyone. Thank you Mods!

I wasn't really confused by it, but I do like this version better - The separation always made me wonder where mine should go.

Rauk said:
jamilover said:

A single user is allowed to have up to 2 request threads per section. For example, if I wanted, I could create and have 'active/open' up to 2 female Threads, 2 Male threads, and 2 Uncategorized Other threads, for a grand total of 6 overall.

Old threads that are still in archive are considered 'close/inactive' until manually pulled out by staff upon request. You are free to forget about them and let them rot in archive if you would prefer to start fresh. Pulling them out however is very easy, if you want that. Just PM a green or red name with link. :)

I am talking about moving forward. Obviously we will all be wanting to have more than two request threads over the course of our time here per section. So will our third thread ( we no longer want and every request thread over the two thereafter ) be archived right away, or how will that work? Will we need to have the older threads deleted so they don't linger? Basically I am asking about the request threads that aren't active when we are done with them.

jamilover said:
Rauk said:
jamilover said:

I am talking about moving forward. Obviously we will all be wanting to have more than two request threads over the course of our time here per section. So will our third thread ( we no longer want and every request thread over the two thereafter ) be archived right away, or how will that work? Will we need to have the older threads deleted so they don't linger? Basically I am asking about the request threads that aren't active when we are done with them.

For example under new policy: If I already have 2 active/open request threads in the male section, and I feel the need to create a 3rd male RT, I will need to have at least one of the first two closed down or deleted before making the new one. In other words, we may only have 2 active at any given time per 1x1 section.

Rauk said:
jamilover said:
Rauk said:

For example under new policy: If I already have 2 active/open request threads in the male section, and I feel the need to create a 3rd male RT, I will need to have at least one of the first two closed down or deleted before making the new one. In other words, we may only have 2 active at any given time per 1x1 section.
Okay thanks for clarifying I understand now! :]

I mean. If you have new ideas why not just add to or replace one of the older ones?
And just change the title to say you have new ideas.
Thats what i do.

I'm so confused, are we back to the old bumping rules???
When I click on the link above, I get a post that reads the old rules.
Am I seeing this right???

Edit:

ALL MY THREADS ARE ARCHIVED!?
Dude. Not cool. I'm so confused now. What am I supposed to do with all the short term threads I've made?
Slam them into one post again?

These constant changes are insane.

Back
Top Bottom