Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
BUMPING AND REQUEST THREAD RULES
14. Members are allowed TWO request threads per request section (ie, Males, Females, Uncategorized Other). Bumping is allowed ONCE EVERY 24 HOURS.
((Over bumps get deleted and documented, member must wait 24 hours after staff sends their message to bump again. Staff will tell you when you can next bump in their message. 3x and they lose RT privileges for 7 full days. 4th warning is one week temp ban. Any repeat after that is a ban. Staff reserves the right to use unbiased judgement on truly accidental overbumps.))

15. Members may only post in their own request threads.
((See consequence for #14))

Notes / FAQs

"24 hours between bumps? Does that mean just the next day sometime?"
24 hours means 24 hours. Not 5 hours, not 22 hours. 24 hours. Example: If I bump at 3:00pm today, my next bump can't be until 3:00pm tomorrow.

"What counts as a bump? What if I want to update my thread with new ideas?"
ANY new post made on a thread will bump it up to top of the line. Therefore ANY POST is considered a "bump" and will be treated as such. If you have new ideas, but 24 hours haven't passed yet, you can always edit them into the main post of your thread as doing this does not bump it. If you need to multi-post for a huge elaborate request thread, see the next FAQ.

If you are creating a Request Thread that requires multiple posts, from the start for the sake of organization, you MUST notify staff BEFORE hand to receive permission, or else it will be treated as an over bumped thread and dealt with accordingly. NO EXCEPTIONS.

"But what happened to my old thread? Why can't I edit or bump it?"
ALL PREVIOUS 1x1 REQUEST THREADS created before August 5th 2017 have been ARCHIVED. If you would like your old threads (Up to 2 active per section) to be un-archived, you must contact a member of staff with either a GREEN or RED name to do so.

Several members also find it helpful to make F-Lists so that they can link to them via their request threads or in their signatures. This site can help you categorize your kinks and other such things so that members can click and see the bigger picture in one place and in full.

Which rule was it?

was it the 'don't bump unless you're on page three and over' rule?

I'm going to rewrite the whole thing since people think it's ok to use loopholes to get around the once a week bump. Ie, let's fo an edit a day OR let's have a friend bump OR let's have a convo in my thread. Just no. You abuse. You lose.

Understandable and again sorry. I was not trying to abuse it I had managed to forget I understand if the thread I did this on get's deleted.

I unfortunately didn't even see that the policy had changed to once a week somehow. Sorry for any headaches Angel. :p

What if you genuinely come up with an idea a few days apart and post them (as I do on my thread) if that has been a problem I am truly sorry I try not to bump too much now due to the new rules, but it never occurred to me that posting my ideas when they come up, (causing the thread to bump up) not actually breaking the rules since I'm not trying to bump it up just merely posting a new idea I have. I've also edited things that were not right once read over... again if I am one of the culprits I am very sorry as I didn't think that would be unacceptable since it was fixing problems and adding new ideas. (Though my ideas don't come that often when they hit they hit a few in a few days time. I post to not forget them) I truly apologize.

Here's the thing: You can edit your initial request thread post ALL YOU WANT. Edit it every time you get an idea. Just don't bump it until your week is up.

It's such a simple solution, I fail to see how no one thought of it!

Stayin said:
Here's the thing: You can edit your initial request thread post ALL YOU WANT. Edit it every time you get an idea. Just don't bump it until your week is up.

That's.....................................

It's like 99% of all exams you can't figure it out by yourself but the answers look like the most easy and logical thing ever.

StarBrightKisses said:
What if you genuinely come up with an idea a few days apart and post them (as I do on my thread) if that has been a problem I am truly sorry I try not to bump too much now due to the new rules, but it never occurred to me that posting my ideas when they come up, (causing the thread to bump up) not actually breaking the rules since I'm not trying to bump it up just merely posting a new idea I have. I've also edited things that were not right once read over... again if I am one of the culprits I am very sorry as I didn't think that would be unacceptable since it was fixing problems and adding new ideas. (Though my ideas don't come that often when they hit they hit a few in a few days time. I post to not forget them) I truly apologize.

I think in your personal case where have an index in your first post and you post new ideas in your later posts that it might be affected. You might try to replace some of your older ideas that are retired put them all in one post, and then put your new ideas in another older post ? Im not in charge just offering an idea :)

Yeah the loop holes and crap are killing me. Glad to see we are revamping this again if you need help, let me know DA... :)

If you have an idea edit your initial post instead of putting it in a new response to the initial thread. We see what you are doing... geez.

Stayin said:

I edit my request threads like, multiple times a day some days but never bump them because it's unnecessary. I feel like people are using typo fixes and minor request updates to bump their threads which is, using loopholes.

This reply is perfect imho. Edit all you want but to BUMP the thread is to disregard the rules. Even heavy editing wont send your thread to the top, the only way it gets bumped is if you reply to the thread.

Mhm. Originally the idea had been to let major edits through. But people have been purposefully holding off. Adding in a plot a day. Sorry. Won't fly when it's clear what you're doing and why. Just wrong. You anuse. You lose. Unfair to those who respect the true meaning of the rules.

Used to be. Until people decided it was ok to do this once a day. As if we wouldn't figure out the pattern with the same people doing this. X_X

Thank you for clarifying the rules. For those of us who have been following the rule about bumping long-term requests only once per week, it's frustrating to see the same threads somehow finding their way to the top more frequently than that...

Back
Top Bottom