Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

How is the crew?
I know it's taking me a while to get around to posting. Forgive me.

Is everyone still doing alright?

Waiting, working, to be honest this last week has been horrendously busy and next week is looking like it might shape up the same so I'm a little glad that this hasn't been among my distractions.

Been better, been stupidly busy. But at least it made this week go quickly lol.

And don't worry about posting, you do so when you're ready

Zeth said:
Well I'm sipping coffee in a lull. So time to watch more Yu gi oh 5D!

YGO 5Ds is amazing...
Especially with coffee at hand.

The only way I could imagine making my viewing experience of the show any better would involve another warm body tbh.

Nothing like drinking to solve a problem at the time, just be sick like a dog all day. right fellas?

I'm posting soon-ish. Should probably be today.

So Vik, if you're not going to be posting, would it be okay if I kept up my posts? For those characters who aren't interacting with your characters at least?

I'd like to keep things rolling here, just to make sure the RP doesn't die from lack of activity prematurely.

If you'd rather not then I won't, but just wondering.

That's fair.

I'm beginning to feel like it might be for the best if we drop the smut idea for my character and your alt-character.

Edit: I'd hate to sound very negative, but I don't wanna hold you guys back. Would it be feasible if I were to hand the GM position of this RP to someone else?

Well the only ones I think are cut out for it are Kaybee or Razrgiz. I simply don't know yu gi oh enough. Though I can't speak for the others.

Story wise I don't know really anything but game mechanics (all the summoning) I know too, and its funny that almost everyone I know that plays yugioh doesn't know how to play pendulums.

Zeth said:
Well the only ones I think are cut out for it are Kaybee or Razrgiz. I simply don't know yu gi oh enough. Though I can't speak for the others.

That's what I was thinking.

And I can't imagine people who play Yugioh who couldn't pick up pendulum summoning in under two minutes with the help of google...

I don't know what DDD is/are?

I'm fine with cutting the Yuki/Kaden thread. You haven't been too comfortable with it and I'm okay with that.

I would be loosely interested in picking up the GMing task? But I know I'm kinda flakey at times and I worry that we'd just end up with the same problem, so what if we were to split the GMing?

Me, You, and Raz could know the plot and share the GMing duties between us. That way we can all keep it moving forwards even if the other two of the three are indisposed or unmotivated for a little while?

We'd need to have a little plot pow-wow to make sure we were all clear on details.

No, wiki. The DDD archetype was introduced in Arc-V, as it is strictly a pendulum and fusion based set.

But I agree about splitting if it helps out any.

I don't feel like I fit in with this roleplay anymore. I'm trying to ask you two to pick up the mantle because I can't bring myself to post and I feel leek a diseased dog that can't do any of it's old tricks.

Ideally, I'd just tell myself to feel better and shrug it all off too continue pressing forward with this RP. But, I have been trying to no avail.

...Well I'll be the first to say that does not sound like an even remotely stable or rational thought process, but consider the following.

1. Raz and I would still need to have a plot pow-wow with you even if you weren't keeping the mantle to split between the three of us.

2. Even if you did ostensibly just hand the GM role over to Raz and I, I would still be waiting for you to come back and continue posting anyways, because depressive attitudes like that do come and go, and I trust that at some point you will want to post again.

1. Fair enough.

2. I just don't feel like I'm providing anything necessary or important for the roleplay. I've all but completely convinced myself that if I were to remove Kaden, the roleplay wouldn't be missing a thing. Kaden is genuinely my only character (The only one I've put any effort into playing thus far.) It's not a pretty thought, but it's hard to refute.

In essence: My drive to post has been choked out slowly but surely. If I could just sneeze all these thoughts away, I'd gladly do so.

Not providing anything necessary except for...

1. The plot
  2. The correct villain
  3. The current villains' main underling
  4. THE PLOT
  5. The original idea that brought us all together
  6. Entertainment and intelligent capable writing
  7. The fucking plot (kinda important that...)
  8. The big good force
  9. Once more with feeling, The Motherfucking Plot

And before you go all 'bluh bluh I can just give you and Raz all the details on these things and then I will be TRULY USELESS' kindly remember that 'the more the merrier' works both ways. We don't want to see you leave any more than you would want to see any of us leave, simple as that.

Seriously, Vik...

You set it up so that Kaden is essentially the main reason the story goes on at all. Kaden's loss of soul and potential redemption is pretty damn important.

That and Kaden is damn fun to watch in action...

Like Kay said, the more the merrier works both ways. Losing you would really suck for this RP.

Kaybee said:
Not providing anything necessary except for...

1. The plot
  2. The correct villain
  3. The current villains' main underling
  4. THE PLOT
  5. The original idea that brought us all together
  6. Entertainment and intelligent capable writing
  7. The fucking plot (kinda important that...)
  8. The big good force
  9. Once more with feeling, The Motherfucking Plot

And before you go all 'bluh bluh I can just give you and Raz all the details on these things and then I will be TRULY USELESS' kindly remember that 'the more the merrier' works both ways. We don't want to see you leave any more than you would want to see any of us leave, simple as that.

All wonderful points, indeed.

But isn't Raz's character a better Villain? I haven't even written a line on the big good force in the roleplay. And you two would be superior when it comes to crafting a plot.

I love the list. I do. It's one of the few things that has made me smile as of late. If you wouldn't mind, could we slip this conversation into a PM? While I feel like my future as this roleplay's GM position is most certainly relevant, we might find the private message environment to be a little more useful. I know I would.

Edit to meet Raz's points(Since I posted before I saw his post):
I entirely understand, the more the merrier. I don't want you guys to go on without me, I just feel like it might be for the best when it comes to the longevity of the roleplay.

Sadly, the compliments do make me feel a whole lot better. Even if I do accuse myself of being a little bit of an attention freak (I'm not trying to be. I promise.)

I just don't really feel like the absence of Kaden would really be that big of a deal. Moving forward with the Emperor plot would actually be much smoother, with significantly larger local consequences should he not be stopped.

The emperor is a greater scope villain, but he's being pretty vague at the moment. Kaden is a more present and malevolent threat. Think of it Marik and Noah/The Big Five in the virtual world arc (terrible as that arc was). For the purposes of this analogy, the emperor is Marik (blatantly evil but not really doing anything besides being malevolent on the sidelines) while Kaden is Noah/The Big Five, smaller scope and sort of weaker overall, but present and acting to further his plans immediately rather than lurking in the shadows.

And even if I were to say you were correct and that Kaden isn't as important a villain as the emperor (and I DO NOT THINK THAT just to be clear), I would still want Kaden around as a character and just switch them positionally, make the emperor the more immediate villain while Kaden becomes the currently-sidelined long term greater scope villain. Removing Kaden would just be silly at this point.

And last but not least, even if you consider Kaden irrelevant, I deny categorically and continually that you should withdraw from the roleplay entirely. Take Kaden out? Fine, if you must, if you don't want to play him any more, you don't have to. But don't just pack up and leave. Make a new character! Play someone you DO want to play! Just don't leave outright...

Hell, make the emperor the current arc villain who needs to be stopped sooner rather than later. Stop playing Kaden as a character for a bit until his plans are moving forwards more and start actively threatening. And make a new character to play in the interim while Kaden is off being evil!

EDIT: Oh and one last point. Roleplay longevity for group affairs like this is based on group size. You will hurt the odds of long term survival more by leaving than you ever possibly could by staying.

Vik, I get it...No one's thinking you're an attention freak. But at the same time, think about why this RP started

If Kaden falls out, the whole traction for the RP pretty much vanishes. There's no driving force for the big good to counter, there's no conflict between the light and the dark (and yes, this includes the Emperor. Strong as he is, whoever the good and bad forces are - if they really tried - could very easily destroy him. He's just another player vying for control, and only time would be able to tell if he'd actually succeed.)

And as Kay mentioned, my character is a background villain at this point (Loved the analogy for the VR arc, btw). He's there, but his role is very limited.

Viktoff, YOU are the reason I joined this game. If you cheese it completely, I'll lose interest.

*Cheese it- Run away or withdraw.

Razgriz said:
Vik, I get it...No one's thinking you're an attention freak. But at the same time, think about why this RP started

If Kaden falls out, the whole traction for the RP pretty much vanishes. There's no driving force for the big good to counter, there's no conflict between the light and the dark (and yes, this includes the Emperor. Strong as he is, whoever the good and bad forces are - if they really tried - could very easily destroy him. He's just another player vying for control, and only time would be able to tell if he'd actually succeed.)

And as Kay mentioned, my character is a background villain at this point (Loved the analogy for the VR arc, btw). He's there, but his role is very limited.

Not quite. Your character is quite far from being a background villain. He's acting much more like a villain who is one or two leaps in tension and action before the climax of their arc. I'd say he's the precise opposite, in my mind.

@Zeth, you have nothing to worry about anymore. I'm staying.

Back
Top Bottom