Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

Lol.

I can see Galan doing something like that too.

Super happy you stuck around, Zeth xD

@Kaybee:

I figured that...But if the Emperor decides to take someone, it's usually not negotiable for them to just walk away xD And besides, it would be game-breaking to just say 'OK, now Imma corrupt you and make you my Empress'.

That'd just be a dickhead thing to do (in character for him, sure...But an asshole move from a roleplaying perspective)

Yeah but that's what duels are for~ I don't expect he would just let her go but if she beat him, he might not have a choice

True.

Even still, I just decided to go with the safer route since that way it leaves you more freedom than being forced into a duel after just doing one.

I'm really starting to think introducing a "Good spirit" or sticking too hard to the protagonist labels so early might be actively detrimental to the long term productivity and continuity of our roleplay. As it stands, lots of elements are up in the air and it may be best to let them play out before introducing the good spirit aspect of the arc. Possibly later in the tournament or during a more particularly dark point.

So should I keep her pestering? Or have her decide that's enough? Because either would be in character enough to for her to justify.

EDIT: Yeah? Maybe have the good spirit as a force that needs to be unlocked, have the arc be about a prophecy or series of clues that will lead those willing to search for the good spirit to finding them.

That way people don't need to be so locked into protagonist or antagonist mentalities.

Then once the good spirit is unlocked, the evil can kick things up a notch and get less subtle for arc two while having arc one be about the evil trying to obfuscate and prevent people from finding the good spirit at all, working in the shadows.

Whichever you want, imo.

Just be careful what you wish for xD

Alkris said:
ok who is near my char and wanna meet or duel

I will duel you young man. IRL I don't have that Duel Nexus stuff or really follow card games, but we can play on duel links. In character we can have card games on motorcycles and be all 5D. Or you could just hae Raz, Kaybee, or viktoff who actually know dueling do it.

Kaybee said:
So should I keep her pestering? Or have her decide that's enough? Because either would be in character enough to for her to justify.

EDIT: Yeah? Maybe have the good spirit as a force that needs to be unlocked, have the arc be about a prophecy or series of clues that will lead those willing to search for the good spirit to finding them.

That way people don't need to be so locked into protagonist or antagonist mentalities.

Then once the good spirit is unlocked, the evil can kick things up a notch and get less subtle for arc two while having arc one be about the evil trying to obfuscate and prevent people from finding the good spirit at all, working in the shadows.

I like this. If everyone was on the same page, I'd say that this could be a very wonderful way to make use of these elements.

However, we're very much divided and far apart for right now. Maybe if we all come together over the course of these current events, we could aim for that. I just feel as though implementing that could backfire when we only have one character actually looking to fulfill said prophecy or find the good spirit. I'm all for freedom of choice, but we don't exactly have a cast real go-getters right now. That, and Raz and I are quite into our current roles(Not trying to speak for him. I just imagine that he and I are both rather firm on Oboro and Kaden playing the bad guys who'd do the opposite of trying to fulfill said prophecy.)

Inspiration for Keith:
Bandit+keith_9dfbd6_5929281.jpg

I don't think this 'spirit of evil' even shows up on the Emperor's radar, let alone the 'spirit of good'.

He's got his own plans for this tournament...Evil, kingly plans xD

Razgriz said:
I don't think this 'spirit of evil' even shows up on the Emperor's radar, let alone the 'spirit of good'.

He's got his own plans for this tournament...Evil, kingly plans xD

The opposite of looking for something is not looking for it, or actively hiding it. Both are the opposite of the first thing, in my opinion.

I would say you can't technically have two opposites of something when both opposites are different things but lets not get into semantics of language and philosophy right now...

I have a post to write.

Zeth said:
So is Galan the Spirit of good? Or is it Keith?

Neither character were even proposed as protagonists.
My initial idea would be to have the spirit of good or light or love or w/e (Imagine, just, good guy stuff...) Would be a literal spirit personification of such in duel spirit form. Their powers of which and body/personality being derived from the recent surge in human prosperity and happiness that has come from the linking of satellite to New/Neo Domino City (New in the dub, Neo in the sub. Unless anyone feels incredibly strongly about it... Both are right, and we could totally go with 'Domino City'). This linking has greatly healed over the previous scar of oppression and plight in the satellite.

The spirit's summoning/coming forth, whether we do it through prophecy or not, would be in direct opposition of the coming threats to this prosperity. Much like, but not exactly, the Crimson Dragon and the signers of 5D's.

The thing I lost my save with the phone I had to change so I have no Duel linkz. The only way for me to really duel is nexus or do it all IC but that would take a hell load of time and I doubt the leader wants that.

So basically a Kuriboh...

EDIT: I feel like playing Duels out IC can be fun, especially since unless we go super hammy show-style then they tend to only last four or five turns.

And honestly, I wouldn't mind a ten-turn hammy show style duel. That shit is really fun to write.

EDIT EDIT: I could make up Zeth's deck on nexus and play it out for him?

Kaybee said:
So basically a Kuriboh...

EDIT: I feel like playing Duels out IC can be fun, especially since unless we go super hammy show-style then they tend to only last four or five turns.

And honestly, I wouldn't mind a ten-turn hammy show style duel. That shit is really fun to write.

EDIT EDIT: I could make up Zeth's deck on nexus and play it out for him?

Everything in bold is PRECISELY how I feel.

Honestly, I'm very open to negotiating out ahead of time who would win the duel and then having an entertaining duel that is very hammy show style (Or less hammy, but very much anime-esq when appropriate).

Viktoff Samson said:
Honestly, I'm very open to negotiating out ahead of time who would win the duel and then having an entertaining duel that is very hammy show style (Or less hammy, but very much anime-esq when appropriate).

True, Yuki would not ham very much.

I agree; corny as it was, it was part of the show's charm.

All the taunting, posing...Some duelists spelling out every little thing xD

Only part of the show worth watching (except for 5Ds, they had a lot of good stuff that didn't involve the Duels)

I dunno, I mean, I admit to watching some parts of battle city and virtual world arc just to watch Kaiba be ostentatious and badass.

Well, yeah...But that's Kaiba tho.

Dude's a likeable anti-hero.

I posted, decided to walk the fine middle line. She's not bothering him any more, but she's also not leaving. I'm fine if they end up sitting in awkward silence or if he tells her to leave, this just seemed like the most genuine interaction.

Razgriz said:
I agree; corny as it was, it was part of the show's charm.

All the taunting, posing...Some duelists spelling out every little thing xD

Only part of the show worth watching (except for 5Ds, they had a lot of good stuff that didn't involve the Duels)

Like Jack Atlas.
The master of faster...

Back
Top Bottom