Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

Yes. I am sitting on the couch that I sleep on so quickly. Silly head. I'm just without worldly responsibilities recently, nobody needs me to do anything and I'm quite free to do whatever~

Real talk though? I love Aki x Yusei.

I'll post when I'm home. Kali is determined to join because Kaylee mentioned a power ranger themed duelist. Not that she is playing one, just she likes the tone now.

I mean I was only spitballing a minor character idea at the time but I know it should be possible.

Posted a character in the profiles thread - I personally like this guy a lot xD.

Heh

Well, I figured what show would be complete without a guy who knows machines?

So...Yeah, Keith was born xD

Hmm... Maybe if Satsuki wins that d-wheel she could go get him to customize it for her, 'pay another way'~

(Yeah I'm just mentally workshopping how to get my character into bed with anyone while I wait between posts.)

Lol, well, he's certainly the type to hit on her.

Lord knows he'll be surprised if it actually works xD

Kaybee said:
Hmm... Maybe if Satsuki wins that d-wheel she could go get him to customize it for her, 'pay another way'~

(Yeah I'm just mentally workshopping how to get my character into bed with anyone while I wait between posts.)

I can't imagine a small-time duel in the waiting lobby with Kaden and a bit of flirty-ness wouldn't work. The guy wouldn't say no.

/Keith Summers approved.

Double note:
After this precise point, with Keith Summers being the final invitee, all new characters will have to be (at most) spectators for this tournament.

So does that mean that Lilita (Not Lolita by the way, very different reference) and Yuki are competing as well?

Kaybee said:
So does that mean that Lilita (Not Lolita by the way, very different reference) and Yuki are competing as well?
If you want them to be.
I'm open to you having them show up as a small duo that know each other and just having Lilita participate or Yuki and the other one is just there as morale support. Or both. Or neither. Your choice~

And I know what lolita is. I'm actually aware of the book as well and the category of-Well. Let's just say that I'm aware but not engaged with it. I like my women being womanly. Personally.

Letrixia said:
I see you~

Yeah but you accidentally wrote her name as Lolita in the character link on the first page, I was poking fun~

I wasn't actually planning for them to know each other, apart perhaps from Yuki knowing Lilita by reputation.

I figure I'll have them there, gives me other things to write while I wait for Zeth to post into the Satsuki/Galan/Kiro conversation collective.

I am physically upset with myself. I mean, I was aware that I could make that mistake and I swear I tried to avoid it X_X for everyone else I direct Copy/pasted the names from the field in the application screen...

Fair enough, I'm open to your choice as the side character option was more or less suggested as a method to ease a problem in the roleplay. One way or another. So this is perfectly fine.

I'll have Kaden free and open to working with soon. Still writing some dialogue between him and the designer before he enters the lobby. Sadly, I went and retroactively had Zeth agree to make the first duel between him and Satsuki after it was mentioned in the roleplay that he'd be dueling Kaden. lol. So, perhaps I made some confusion from my selfishness...

Eh? Oh, I figured it was still between him and Galan and he'd just end up dueling Satsuki at a later round.

Nah nah.
I still like the idea of giving Kaden more time to lounge around and fuck with people XD

Plus, it was originally losing to Satsuki which was going to inspire Galan to buy her a duel runner to challenge her to a proper turbo duel later. And that is just such a silly beautiful fun turn of events and it's much more fluid for a first duel. Of course, Galan would still be in the tournament provided we're giving everyone 1 loss possibility.

I generally like this turn of events more when taking into consideration every chance. Before, my desires to have Kaden duel Galan were expressed before most of the points previously mentioned. I'm convinced now ;P

As am I...

Ready for Hotsuma to claim some souls for the Emperor! xD

Sorry....Got a little excited there.

Razgriz said:
As am I...

Ready for Hotsuma to claim some souls for the Emperor! xD

Sorry....Got a little excited there.

As serious as I am about Oboro being a deadly dude...

I imagine it could be a funny turn of events if he were to lose both of his first two duels. Not that I'd want that, or that it would be at all possible given that I imagine we have enough peeps around for him to win at least one of his first two duels. Or probably both, really.

But, imagine it, though.

Oh, I honestly considered him losing fairly early on.

As you mentioned, Gishkis are notorious for countering Beatdown decks like Archfiends and many other archetypes do that as well.

...Oh lord, what if he lost to Galan? How humiliating would that be? xD

/Galan recruited as Emperor's Main squeeze 2017.

Though, him winning would be fucking great too.
I'm with Kaybee, though. As often as possible, it'd be most fun if we worked on roleplaying a duel out and having whichever result is best for a story being decided upon, if we can. I know it's quite tantalizing, having our decks play it out sometimes. It's just that, some decks will 100% most others XD

Well we should probably still play duels out on Dueling Nexus though, partially because it will give us good ideas for how decks play against each other and how we can portray that, but also because it will be fun.

But yeah, in many cases, Narrative will have to trump actual results. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just that it's how things kinda need to be for y'know, the sake of a good story. Such is the prerogative of us as writers.

EDIT: Speaking of which, Raz, I believe I owe you a rematch now that I'm not stuck on the janky tablet interface?

All too true (Against the newer metas especially, my Archfiend deck fucking blows ass).

In any even that works; for me, it still depends on what I want the actual end goal to be...And whether or not he'll live long enough to see come to fruition.

I mean, we can always have him fail in the first tourney and come back later to wreak havoc on Neo Domino City or something.

EDIT: Yes, Kaybe, you do...I'll send you an invite shortly.

Dueling Nexus does a few things well, and it can do a few things not-so-well.
For instance:
In a duel we roleplay-out completely, luck doesn't play a factor in what our characters have access too. Combos like using Aquamirror with a Zielgigas in Kaden's hand to summon another Zielgigas... Sending Aquamirror from the graveyard to the deck and sending the tributed Zielgigas back to his hand to tribute Gishki Shadow and retrieve an Aquamirror back from the deck only to tribute a Gishki vision as the whole tribute for the other Zielgigas... Well, things like that /can/ happen in real duels, but they're pretty rare. The best possible turn of events (and least likely) can still be used in the roleplay to make our characters seem like more of a competent hero or a dangerous villain while In DN it is entirely possible that we wouldn't even see the best plays a deck might have to offer.

But, that's just nitpicking. Ultimately, from your post, I'm confident I agree with you.

So the loose current structure for the first round is Galan vs. Satsuki, Kaden vs. Yuki, Hotsuma vs ???, Kuro vs. ???

Back
Top Bottom