Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

You're confident my deck blows ass? That's rude xD

Kidding aside, that sounds about right, Kay.

Also Raz and I just dueled, it was close, I won, but on the other hand, I think the only thing that didn't make it anime was there wasn't nearly as much shouting and posing between plays. It was a pretty good duel.

Kaybee said:
So the loose current structure for the first round is Galan vs. Satsuki, Kaden vs. Yuki, Hotsuma vs ???, Kuro vs. ???

Let's start with Galan vs. Satsuki.
If you're sure you want Yuki to fight Kaden so soon then that's fine too.

I'm not super confident on laying out a map just yet. Some people aren't so active and Badanime hasn't even posted at all. Let's use the first two duels and see how long those take while giving the others time to cement whether they are here or not.

We can certainly draft up a reliable tournament structure and keep track of the rounds with confidence then.

This much is true, something we can choose to include in the actual playing out of the Duel itself.

Kaybee said:
Also Raz and I just dueled, it was close, I won, but on the other hand, I think the only thing that didn't make it anime was there wasn't nearly as much shouting and posing between plays. It was a pretty good duel.

That sounds great for you guys.
But, remember our duels? We had like 5 rounds of complete garbage out of me. I'm pretty sure it was just crap luck... but, who knows? Nothing competent out of me.

That's a fair point, I figure it's a 16-8-4-2 pyramid structure with the 8 losers from the 16 level having their own matches afterwards to determine subset rankings with a chance for the top two to get back in later on or something, that makes sure we have enough space for all the main characters in the structure while leaving room for people not to have to fight other PCs right away so that the actual players aren't getting eliminated before the quarter-finals.

Kaybee said:
That's a fair point, I figure it's a 16-8-4-2 pyramid structure with the 8 losers from the 16 level having their own matches afterwards to determine subset rankings with a chance for the top two to get back in later on or something, that makes sure we have enough space for all the main characters in the structure while leaving room for people not to have to fight other PCs right away so that the actual players aren't getting eliminated before the quarter-finals.

16-8-4-2
Sounds great to me.

idea?:
To keep things from getting too confusing, how about after the first series, where things split between the winners and the losers, When a 'winner' duelist loses after that, they get a 1 time only second round with the same duelist. This way, a duelist that is played to be extremely competent and wins everything up until the final duel (With a duelist that lost the first round, potentially) doesn't lose once and comes in second place with the same w/l record as their opponent. No ties.

That sounds good

Also, Kaybee's deck-building is clearly superior to mine xD

She's currently 3-0 against me.

I dunno about 'less complicated' but that does sound like a fun mechanic. Basically the losers of the 16 bracket fight each other (4 1v1s) the losers of those fights are out, but the winners of those fights get to fight the losers of the winning 8 bracket in a redemption duel, whoever wins the redemption duel gets a second chance.

EDIT: Damn thing won't keep my formatting so no pretty ascii for you, but basically the main bracket would go 16 - 8 - 8 - 4 - 2 with the second 8 rank being the redemption duels where the winners of the loser 8 rank fight the losers of the winners 8 rank.

and then the winners of the redemption duels get to fight the winners of the winners 8 rank for technically a third 8 rank and I swear to all the gods this makes perfect sense in my head but absolutely none when I try to write it down without a visual aid.

It's alright Kay, we know what you're referring to.

So basically it is like so:
16 duelists or 8 1x1's.
Round two is broken down into:
4 1x1's for the winners and 4 1x1's for the losers, for a total of 8 winners and 8 losers
After that point those that have gone 0-2 are out.
The 1-1 duelists remain for another 8 duelist round with 4 1x1's.
After that round, there would be 4 duelists that have gone 2-0 and 4 duelists that have gone 2-1 with the four 1-2 duelists losing out of the tournament. Am I on the same page thus far?

Edit:
I probably should have used 1v1 instead of 1x1. lol. When I say 1x1 I mean One on ONE.

Pretty much exactly that. The 2-0s and 2-1s duel for a third 8 duelist round, then it's down to the semifinals (4 duelists, 2 1v1s) and finals (2 Duelists, 1v1 fox and falco only no items final destination)

SSB humor will get you everywhere

Sounds good to me! Is anyone confused at this point?

We'll put down names after the first two duels when we have 2 members in each division (Winner and Loser), and have given everyone that plans to be with us with the roleplay ample time to demonstrate that by having their character show up/watch the duels or fuck around with another player's character in the mean time.

Sounds good to me!

Can't wait to get started.

Razgriz said:
Sounds good to me!

Can't wait to get started.

Me neither, though I am worried about that neko-themed character from BadAnime.
I mean, if they don't come around and starting posting, we'll only have three protagonists. And if we don't patch over a neutral or two, that's a pretty small list of good guys. Lol.

Not that I'd be too opposed to Kaden eventually figuring out a way to have a good guy act as a pseudo-moral compass after the first arc, letting him act as a suitable anti-hero of sorts.

Kaybee said:
What do you mean 'around with'?

I'm not joking~

Precisely ;3

Well, Lilita isn't exactly protag material but I could shift Yuki into the spotlight, or we could put Galan in a position of 'honorary protagonist'.

Kaybee said:
Well, Lilita isn't exactly protag material but I could shift Yuki into the spotlight, or we could put Galan in a position of 'honorary protagonist'.

I somewhat plan on having Kaden break down Yuki into more of a thing than a person XP Really capitalize on her school girly innocence and Kaden's complete lack of a conscience. But, if you wanna make her more of a played character, then I can rethink it.

And I'd put Galan just about anywhere. /wink /nudge /wink.
No really though. Having Zeth around has never lead me the wrong way. And Galan is such a fun dude.

A mental breakdown is fine too.

And Galan is basically a protag anyways, he's just the goofy one, the comic relief.

I guess we can work it out =P Since I'm not entirely sure where you might like this duo to go. I'm thinking something brief, a handful of encounters.

Galan is great. Honestly, I'd love for him to be more of a comic relief incidental bad guy who means well. Like Trudge.

By duo you mean the side characters I made? I didn't really have a plan for them aside from probably some dueling fodder to lose in sufficiently dramatic ways and maybe some smut. To give Yuki the mental breaking arc you were suggesting is actually something I would really love to see, so please, I would actually love to have that happen.

Besides, it's also good for establishing Kaden's actual villainy.

I meant duo as in 'Kaden and Yuki' xD

I entirely agree~

As a mental image, I was thinking about having him tie her up and leaving her somewhere claustrophobic, ultimately. Does that sound very appealing? or not so?

With that sort of look on things, I feel something exciting might occur~

You can Pm me if you'd prefer we got expressive on this idea over Pms.

Back
Top Bottom