Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

The GM doesn't want his players invested?

MADNESS.

But s'alright, I'd only make one or two.

XD n'wait.
I mean, ugh..
So invested that it becomes work/stress. You know?

If you feel you'd be able to handle it, I wouldn't mind if you made a whole cast of side characters for some sort of sailor moon/power ranger force, if you felt the need. lol.

I mean... if we wanted to go a bit dark, it would actually be pretty funny to have an entire team of moderately competent duellists who wear super sentai costumes and use sentai-themed decks.

And then y'know... Kill/corrupt them all one by one to establish that a villain is legitimately threatening.

Yes. Just yes.

While we seem moderately agreeable at the moment, where are you at on the subject of Kaden and Satsuki?

Kaden/Satsuki sounds wonderfully unhealthy? That's not to say I don't want to see it happen, but I would question how we start it and perhaps take some time to discuss what it would mean for their character arcs. I mean, we could do it as a slow moral degeneration/corruption arc for Satsuki, burning away her idealism and turning her into a more anti heroic character who hates how good he makes her feel or even a full on villain who eventually sells her soul as well.

Alternatively, we could do it as something a little more emotionally complex by having Satsuki fight against it and have him and her twisted relationship with him as a rival/obstacle she must overcome to grow as a character.

Alternatively alternatively, we could take the comedic angle and have her just be inadvertently blissfully unaware of his villainous nature through a series of misunderstandings and quirky catastrophes. Maybe even turn it into a redemption arc of some kind for Kaden (if such a thing is possible) where she ends up acting as his moral compass and quasi-reforms him through the power of mutual co-dependent attraction! (because it sure as hell wouldn't be love)

I posted responding to Satsuki Ryuka and Kiro. I think Letrixa is waiting on Kaybee to post before responding.

Mutual co-dependent attraction is quite an apt way of putting it.

I like all of the ideas really. Perhaps, we could try and see what develops naturally? I normally despise doing so, especially when given the opportunity to potentially think it out ahead of it. As for ensuring quality and meaningful adaptations to be involved with their building character arcs, if you've given three possibilities, all of which I adore, then I imagine that it'd be an enriching process for both characters as we go.

Namely:
Kaden and Satsuki have an on again off again moment to moment sort of dynamic where she comically, somehow, misses or miss-constructs events such that she doesn't pin the evil card on Kaden as early as everyone else does. Sort of like that person who subconsciously forgives/makes up for/excuses or just blanks on their partner's short comings, just that their connection is a little looser.

or: As they grow closer and she figures Kaden out, the evil spirit arc comes to a close and Kaden comes face to face with the opportunity to steal Satsuki's own soul to further the evil spirit's plan... But gives it back. Its possible that there are redeemable qualities of the soulless Kaden and the drawn-in Satsuki may feel it morally correct to try and guide him toward a path in which he could do more good than evil. A redemption of sorts. Potentially, Kaden could try his best to fight his inescapable lusts for this amazing girl who is seemingly doing so much for him. And yet, despite the chance to take back his soul and have the consensual human feeling love, Kaden refuses. Going so far as to probably ripping the card that houses that part of him, as he fears it ever returning to him at all.

or: The building tension of corruption and moral degradation of their interactions starts eating away at her. They need each other that way, but as a protagonist, she can't keep meeting him in secret without telling the others. Lying isn't sitting well with her and in her wayward attempts of making this situation right- She loses one last time. (Or she barters her soul off in her own heroine attempt to do some good) Leaving her one to one in the same situation as Kaden. And the relief of the guilt can do a lot for her, as it has for him. Either allowing her to indulge in the physical pleasures of their relationship guilt-free, or allowing her to really see how much of their empty relationship relied on that decadent unobtainable or socially/morally incorrect bitter sweetness to have any value which could lead her to ending the relationship on a constructive note.

Adapted versions of your ideas, or what I thought of them. Thoughts? (Clearly not one for one rewrites, of course.)

Edit: Of course, these are only applicable if we go for this.

Edit2: Yeah, after your post that order should go
Satsuki
Kiro
Galan
Satsuki
Kiro
Galan.

I like that last idea, mostly because it's actually constructive rather than deconstructive for Satsuki's character while still indulging my slightly massive corruption fetish. Plus if she loses her soul at the end while still retaining her character, lack of guilt -in addition to making her happier in the long run (I would lean towards the 'Satsuki realizing the relationship was hollow without that sense of taboo' option but either could work) could also make her that much kinkier, and I like kinky.

tl;dr: I could have my character become a kinky dark action girl without her becoming an outright villain and/or dying. Sign me the fuck up.

As for how it starts, maybe Kaden can't go full ham soul-stealing in the tournament, they meet in the quarter or semi-finals, he goads her into betting her body before the match, then collects on that afterwards, thus beginning the dangerous spiral?

I'm digging this. Especially if Dark!Satsuki fights the Emperor...That'll be a fun as hell Duel xD

*Is now wondering whether to have Hotsuma interject into the conversation as well*

After some extremely discouraging Pm interactions, I'm starting to think it might be for the best if I put more of my attention stock on this RP in particular and stop minding most of my adventures elsewhere. After all, this could really be something beautiful.

I'm working on my post soon. Hoping to get this whole setup on the road ASAP.

Hey Kaybee, in terms of how the tournament works, how about we run a second chance bracket? Allowing for everyone to lose at least one duel and then have Satsuki and Galan run the first game of the tournament?

That could work!

EDIT: Oh and Vik, what did you think of my way of starting a Satsuki/Kaden arc?

Epic~

I'm unsure, personally. I'm still wishy washy on what I really want Kaden to do that is so bad, or how he's really going to do it. lol. I'm not even totally sold on the idea that a Satsuki / Kaden relationship of some sort would be for the best. Perhaps It's a question we can save for later on in the tournament when that opportunity arises?

I assumed he was just going to wander around stealing people's souls and generally being an amoral hedonist while furthering the nebulously evil plans of the evil Duel spirit creature thing that is apparently our big-bad through the suffering he causes...

Kaybee said:
I assumed he was just going to wander around stealing people's souls and generally being an amoral hedonist while furthering the nebulously evil plans of the evil Duel spirit creature thing that is apparently our big-bad through the suffering he causes...

Yeah, that's it!
But, how? You know?
I want it to be convincing enough that it isn't like people are putting up their souls on duels just because it's against Kaden. You know?

What would Kaden be offering? Would it be mostly low lives at first who are looking to make a splash onto the scene by battling one of the big stars from the last tournament in a street duel?

Vtktoff if you want I can make a villan also if you need it

I have a very neat idea for a woman villian hehe

Well he's not exactly moral, maybe he blackmails people into it? There are probably a variety of ways to do it. Some people aren't even necessarily going to believe he can steal their soul so when he bets 10,000 on a duel against it, they probably laugh and get ready to take the money believing he's delusional. Others, he could probably steal something precious to them or kidnap someone important, then challenge them to a duel for their soul to get it back.

Could even have him beat them in an ordinary duel where the forfeit is their rarest card, then challenge them to a soul forfeit to get that card back. Given how attached people are to their signature monsters and stuff in Yugioh it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Letrixia said:
Vtktoff if you want I can make a villan also if you need it

I have a very neat idea for a woman villian hehe

We can always use more characters, tbh. Also: A new villain character would be quite lovely. I encourage you to go ahead. Perhaps if you want to make someone along the same line as Oboro but make them a more subtle antagonist. A plotty setup, perhaps. Like the Psychics team and how they played keep away with Aki during 5D's first arc. Or a little less like Oboro and Kaden, you know?

Kaybee said:
Well he's not exactly moral, maybe he blackmails people into it? There are probably a variety of ways to do it. Some people aren't even necessarily going to believe he can steal their soul so when he bets 10,000 on a duel against it, they probably laugh and get ready to take the money believing he's delusional. Others, he could probably steal something precious to them or kidnap someone important, then challenge them to a duel for their soul to get it back.

Could even have him beat them in an ordinary duel where the forfeit is their rarest card, then challenge them to a soul forfeit to get that card back. Given how attached people are to their signature monsters and stuff in Yugioh it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Yes, all of those can work. I'm feeling a lot more confident now. Thanks ;3 I'll be sure to do it right~

Now to introduce Cupid in my next post too. amazing stuff.

And a fine series of private messages that was~

Might not get around to my post until I wake up.
I'm rather sleepy x_x But, I'm sure there will be plenty of Kaden's character on display in the post... Which is hopefully a good thing. lol.

I'm sort of thinking about making him perv on one of Kaybee's side charactes early on.

I wouldn't object if he did, that is partially what they're there for after all.

That and to have decks coherent enough to be interesting while janky enough to not roflstomp the PCs, but I'm not sure how well I pulled that off.

xP What if he fucks up the small girly one reeaaaallly bad? Just a thought~

The decks certainly seem fun enough ;3

I'm on episode 30 O_O

Still working on my post, it'll be up after I wake up tho~

I'd be game for it~

Looking forward to that post!

Also Damn you work fast, I'm only on episode 16...

Back
Top Bottom