Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Road of Smash - (MysteriousD & StarMech)

"I-I'm fine..." Rosalina said, still blushing crimson. She was quite surprised with herself, having never been this shy before...then again, she had never been in such situation with a guy...

"Are you sure Mama?" Asked the silver Luma.

"R-really. We should focus on our mission. We should ask around on how to get to ShimmerDew Valley.

They looked around at the place they were in, GreenStar Pass; Named as such due to the big Green Star-shaped statue in the small town at the center of it. The place wasn't very big, smaller than even the previous town they were in. This was probably just a simply resting spot for people who traveled across the area. Diego noticed how a lot of buildings were simple resting spots or motels, as well as just a few actual living houses, a store and what seemed like a Pub.

Where should they ask first?

((Who's Thomas?))

Diego looked around GreenStar pass. It was a small twn to say the least and if anything, looked like an outpost for people to stop and rest by. It would definitely explain how most of the buldings were just resting spots, inns or motels along with a few homes, a store and a pub.

"I'll go inside the pub and ask. Thats usually a pretty good way to find information regarding these things. You can wait for me outside so you wont have to get into a fight or anything," Diego suggested to Princess Rosalina as he looked at the pub.

He opened the door and was wondering what to expect.

((That's what happen when you juggle multiple RPs even if they are not related XD))

Inside the Pub there seemed to be a varied group of individuals, races of different games, enjoying themselves. Koopas, Zoras, Kremlings, some humans and even a ROB dressed in a waiter outfit, passing the drinks around. Everyone gave a focused eye on Diego when he stepped in, but then returned to their own lives soon after.

The bar appeared to be attended by a Mii of blond hair and long mustache. A pack composed of a Koopa Troopa, a red Zora and a Animal Crossing-styled bear were playing poker at a bigger table, and a shady looking Kremlin wearing some kind of trenchcoat was drinking at his table near the corner.

Despite not looking directly at him, most were still paying attention to our ehroe's actions.

((I know those feels))

Diego just kept an eye on all of the various individuals here and took a moment to assess the situation and figure out the best course of action in the event a brawl would break out here, no pun intended. He went over to the other Mii. "All right, I just got a few simple questions. I have heard from credible sources that there is large gathering of Luma here. DO you know something? If not, do you anyone here who knows something about it?" Diego said as he kept an eye on everyone in the event that someone tries to make a run for it or something.

Everyone seemed to have their eyes on him in that instant, giving some bad vibes. The mustachoes bartender simply rose an eyebrow as he looked at him.

"Hm, I don't now about no Luma around here. Aren't those lil' critters suppose to be with that cosmic dame up in the skies?" Said the Mii, "So I think ya' were just brought some bad info, son..."

A pause. then he went on.

"Although...I have heard some weird happenin's been goin' on down on ShimmerDew Valley. People claiming the valley itself is trying to bring them to a game over. only a fool with a deathwish'd dare go in there, so ya' better stay away kid unless ya' want a one-way ticket straight to the Underwhere..."

The bartender then continued serving his drinks trying to avoid saying much more.

However a cough caught Diego's attention. The Kremling in the trenchcoat, sitting by the corner, gestured him to come over after eavesdropping into his conversation.

Diego shrugged off any of the bad vibes that was sent his way before he was listening to what was being said. So, there was some confirmation that there was something going on over in Shimmer Dew Valley. Well, it looks like that was their next destination. "Thank you for the information," Diego told the Bartender curtly.

However, he then faced the Kremling when he heard the cough trying to get his attention. "What do you know?" Diego asked as he sat close to the trench-coated Kremling.

The crocodile smiled with his sharp teeth. "Well, well. I know many things, my friend. but I suppose you want to know what's the deal with the Valley, right?"

He chuckled; He didn't look like a very lawful guy. "you see, a few nights ago I saw it; A huge Shooting Star going down ShimmerDew Valley, at where the ruins are. given how they are with space stuff, I can imagine a lot of those lil' Lumas went to it, like moths to a flame..."

"Of course, even before that, things have been pretty weird. People say they very flora itself is trying to kill them. People who have gone to ShimmerDew Valley as of late...have never returned, hehehehe!"

"Now I couuuld be a nice guy and just let you walka way with this info. But, I ain't that type, kiddo." Said the Kremling, "eye for an eye, and all that stuff. You do something for me in exchange of me doing this for you. Hehehe, maybe if someone would buy my wares we could all be peachy. I mean, you have money, right?

Strangely, Diego did. Checking hismelf out would make him realize the Mii Gunner armor appeared to have a small pouch with golden coins inside; Not millions but a fair share of them, hammerspace at its finest.

"Yeah," Diego confirmed what the Kremlin said. He was definitely a shady guy, but that's why he chose to go in here in the first place. The shooting star tidbit was definitely something of great interest though. It would explain the large gathering there.

"Well, regardless, that does sound like the likely situation," he said before he heard th Kremling wantd him to buy something. While part of him just want to move on, he decided to check what he had. He did notice he had some currency to him. Probably based off all those coins he got during Smash events and games and such.

"What do you have?" he asked.

"Follow me."

The Kremling guided our hero to behind the pub, away of both the people inside as well as Rosalina's. The blue crocodile snickered as he looked around. Finding themselves alone her opened one side of his coat and drove his hand into one of his pockets.

"How about this?" He pulled out a couple of mushrooms. Very similar to Mario-styled Mushrooms. But these were of a cyan color with the white dots. "These are really rare and special Mushrooms. They give lots of power, strength, stamina! You can get super charged in an instant! But of course they are also magical shrooms...just give a bit to a dame you love and watch her be smitten with you; You will see fireworks, I tell ya'"

Diego remained quiet as he followed the Kremling from behind the pub and seeing on how he was snickering, he didn't have a good feeling about this guy. He looked down at the cyan colored mushrooms befoe raising an eyebrow and looking at the Kremling. He was also listening to the attempted sales' pitch.

"Don't you have anything else? I mean, c'mon. If you're going to attempt this, at least sell something that could work better. After all, if those mushrooms worked as well as you advertised, you would've used it yourself and not be here using trench coat tactics. And even if doesn't work on Kremlings or something, you would've already sold it too higher authorities or to some of the other folk in the bars and gotten enough money to where you wouldn't be here. Granted, given that this is a small town, ," Diego said as he took a moment to analyze everything in the speech granted by the Kremling.

He took out some coins and bought a mushroom regardless. "I'll still buy one as thanks for the information, but use the money to do some honest work. You're a strong fellow. I'm sur eyou can find something more fulfilling than peddlign questionable product to purchase substances and continue the cycle of mild poverty you're in. You're better than that. Find some honest work and do something else with your life," he advised as he put the Strange Cyan Shroom in his inventory. He then patted the Kremling as he went back to the bar so he could tell Rosalina.

"Well the way i acquired these shrooms wasn't a very...open way, boy. I don't go over to your place and tell you how to run a business!" Replied the Kremling. "I have my reasons for secrecy, trust me on that. I have other wares but they are a different kind of risky..."

"Now if you won't buy more then you can scram. And good luck out there at the valley...you're gonna need it."

Diego just sighed a bit over the Kremling's words. He was just trying to be nice and suggest some advice to the Kremling, but perhaps he was telling the truth. It was admittingly hard to say. However, it does sound like it was stolen goods or perhaps just restricted goods.

"Good luck to you too, friend Kremling. May you find longtime happiness in your life," Diego told the Kremling with a slight smile before he went back into the bar and he went back to Rosalina.

"Okay, so there was a large shooting star that shot in the ruins and that's probably what drew the Lumas there to begin with," Diego told to Rosalina before pulling the Strange Cyan Mushroom. "I also had to buy this weird shroom in exchange for the information. You ever saw it before?" Diego asked Rosalina as he remembered what it said as he looked at the shroom in a studious manner.

"One last thing." The reptilian salesman then handled him a piece of paper. By the quick glance it appeared to be a map. "This will help ya reach ShimmerDew Valley. Now, all i can say is good luck, if you're really continuing forward you're gonna need it..."

With that, the Kremling returned back to the pub. ..

Eventually, Diego returned to the company of Rosalina and Luma. "A large Shooting Star..." Said the Princess curious. She closed her eyes, apparently in some kind of focus. The young boy noticed a blue hue enveloping her beautiful body, making her raise up a few inches from the floor. Shortly after she descended back down as the aura dissipated.

"Yes, I sense it...." She explained, "It's very faint but...I was able to feel a familiar energy. I could be wrong but...Perhaps what fell on the valley was a lost Grand Star. That would explain why the Lumas could have been drawn to it..."

Her expression shifted to worry for a moment, before continuing. "However, A Grand Star on its own is harmless. the Lumas would have found it and returned home easily. I asked people around and everyone says something really wrong is happening at the valley...something about a trekking group heading there and not returning...oh I hope my Lumas are alright..."

"Don't worry mama! We will find them, right Diego?" the Luma quickly intervened to cheer her back up.

The princess smiled and nodded, "Right, I cannot simply worry and fear the worse like that. Let's do this!"

That's when Diego presented the mysterious mushroom to her. "Um, honestly I have never seen that type before...I wonder what it does. But we should worry about that later..."

-----------------------------------

The group followed the Kremling's map to a tee. After a few hours, they finally arrived....

ShimmerDew Valley

A trail down descended them into the valley. A long vast plain filled with tons of green. A peaceful and refreshing breeze blew past their hair, massaging the soft grass and the many trees that resided. It was such a beautiful sight, almost an entire opposite of what all the people back at the small town were exclaiming..

At the horizon of their vision they could see what seemed like pillars. perhaps all the way over at the valley's end was the so-called ruins once mentioned. They walked carefully, but relaxed, not really meeting any opposition...that is until...

"Huh? Anyone heard something?" Asked Rosalina.

The silence abounded beyond the usual natural noises, but an unnerving shaking of leaves caught their attentions. They couldn't see it. But the constant feeling of being followed resided....

Then there was more sounds of rustling bushes.

"Yes I heard it" Said the Luma. These sounds became more common second by second, until a figure leaped from the tall grass.

"Diego watch out!!"

Rosalina and Luma combined their skills for a Luma Shot. The princess powering the star being before he was shot like a bullet into the attacking fiend, hitting it right before it was going to pounce upon our hero.

The creature fell to the floor in front of everyone, revealing its form. IT appeared to be some kind of Dwarf Bulborb from Pikmin, although one scaled up to their size rather than the game's miniature stature. It was probably in comparison to half the size of the Hammer Bro who previously attacked them.

However, what was more unusual was what it had on. Rather than just its red and white spotted body, it appeared to be covered by some dark green, almost goo-like moss all across the upper area. On said moss a black flower bloomed and stood straight up. Said flower seemed unnatural, giving off an strange aura as well as dripping a constant doze of black goo from it's bud and into the moss...

The Bulborb roared with a somewhat twisted growl, as if it was glitched. This called upon three more of them that appeared from behind our heroes...

Diego nodded and took the map.

He noticed how Princess Rosalina levitated a bit into the air in her thoughts before she went down. "Well then, we should go and find the Lumas and see if there is something we can do about the Grand Star," Diego noted before he gave Princess Rosalina with an encouraging smile.

"We wll find them and help them out. You have my word as a man," Diego told her with a smile before he put away the strange mushroom for later. He wondered if he would find it over in one of the books at the library.

----------------------------------------------

Shimmerdew Valley

After an hour or two, they arrived at where they were supposed to be, though Diego had some thoughts. Namely that they should've gone to the market and see if there were some healing items to purchase just in case. However, it was too late to do so now. In that case, he'd have to devote himself more to protect Princess Rosalina and the LUma that was with her.

He saw pillars and other bits of ruined buildings that must've been the ruings that were talkaed about. He had his arm cannon at the ready because he had a strange and eerie feeling about the place. He turned around when Rosalina mentioned if anyone heard anything, but he couldn't see anything. However, when he focused, he did hear shaking leaves.

It was only thanks to Rosalina and Luma that he became aware of the sudden attack on him. WHen theya tacked, he managed to see what it was, it was a Dwarf Bulborb... but a weird looking one. It looked like it was some sort of weird corrupted one, especially based on the weird flowers. It reminded Diego of Bulbmin, but these guys looked like corrupted versions of those.

Diego unleashed a forward Smash attack and unleashed a rapid fire blast attack on it to send it far before seeing the other three appear. He then unleashed the Stealth Burst, letting it go far to the three before unleashing the explosion. Afterwards, he began shooting at them with a Laze Blaze at them.

The Bulborbs were shot away by Diego's blasts but appeared to be very resilient. Quickly they got back up and lunged at our heroes, one biting at his arm cannon and forcing him down to the ground before another jumped on him ready to scratch with its claws.

Rosalina used another Luma Shot to push said Bulborb away, letting Diego free himself from their attack. The silver Luma, with a determined look, started to punch another one of the group with one jab after another, the princess aiding him by conducting her wand to his motions, which seemed to charge him with a bit extra strength.

However this was interrupted by another one tackling her and breaking said concentration. The cerature clawed at her, making her yelp in pain as well as tearing a bit of her dress in the process. "Mama!" Said the Luma before rushing to her air, but was then pounced away by the last remaining bulborb. One thing for certain was that these corrupted creatures appeared much more rabid and offensive than the usual bulborb.

"Stay down you miserable abominations," Diego said as he grabbed the Dwarf Bulborb that was biting his arm cannon and proceeded to keep shooting at it like a madman before just tossing it. No, not just tossing it, but flinging it at high speed at the one that was attacking Rosalina, knocking it off of her.

Diego then went and grabbed the one attacking the Mario Luma and threw it at the other two. Diego growled a bit before he proceeded to shoot the Dwarf Bulborbs to wound them and hurt them some before unleashing another Stealth explosive at them. If they got up, he kept firing at them. He wished he could use the Charge shot, it would allow him to just charge and shoot a powerful blast to end these miserable cretures.

The mutated Bulborbs seemed relentless. One rushed to Diego and headbutted him hard on the back while another leaped and slashed at Rosalina again, making her shout in pain and torn a bit more of her dress more. "T-they don't stop..." She aimed her wand at one only for another to tackle her to the ground and bit and slash at her. Right now they assaulted the princess but were too distarcted to see Diego's moves. However, they also appeared eager to tear down her dress AND harm her; So perhaps they minds were so crazy that their instincts mixed mating with killing.

Rosalina tried to reach for her wand but the Bulborbs had her pinned.

Diego got back up and grabbed the Bulborb that headbutted hm and threw him harder at the distance before seeing there were more that were trying to get Rosalina. He was too focused to pay much attention, but his sub-conscious was taking note that the Princess was getting her dress tearedandshowing off a bit more of her...

"Get... off... THE PRINCESS!" Diego said as he grabbed the two Bulborbs by the flowers, smashed them against one another before tossing them at the third one who was trying to get up. Diego then felt his head hit something. As he rubbed his head, he turned and saw what it was...

It was a ? block in the air and he activated it. On top was a Bob-Omb.

He quickly grabbed it and threw it at the trio of Bulborbs as they tried and regroup. He scored a direct hit on them with a good explosion.

The powerful explosive sent the Bulborbs packing. As they were sent into the sky, their bodies turned into particles of black dust before disappearing from existence.

One last Bulborb remained, ready to pounce at Diego. However, it was then hit with a powerful blast of star energy, courtesy of the now free Rosalina. As its brethren before it, the Bulborb bursted into dust and vanished.

Rosalina pated in exhaustion. The silver Luma huddling next to her in worry, "Are you okay, Mama?" He said worried.

"I'm fine. Don't worry. Just a little bruised, that's all" replied the cosmic Princess. She has a few marks of battle but seemed mostly superficial. She was gonna be fine and was still standing. However, dress was a bit torn. Still covering most, but areas around the lower side, allowed Diego to take a peek at her slender legs, as well as a few rips on the upper side, sneaked part of her light blue bra ever so slightly. It was hard for Diego not to star, as the dress could have fallen off easily....

Diego was taking breath deeps in trying to catch his breath. When he turned around, he saw there was one last Bulborb coming at him. Before he could do anything to try and top hi, he saw Rosalina blast it away. Diego went over to help Rosalina up after the intense battle.

"Yeah, but we got winded from just a little battle. I think we need to train," Diego said with a bit of a smile and laugh before he got a better look as he saw Rosalina. Her dress was a bit torn, allowing Diego to gaze a bit at her long slender legs and even provide a small and tempting peak at her bra. He blushes bightly as he oogled for a bit before shaking his head. He had to focus after all/

"But are you sure you're okay, Princess?" Diego asked her with concern. He was wondering whato to do for what's ahead, while he tried to clear his thoughts of Rosalina's ripped dress .

"I-I'm fine. Its been so long since I had to fight outside of a Smash Bros Tournament. Not counting sometimes I have to reel back my powers to not cause harms to you or this beautiful place."

Her eyes shifted to the bulborbs, or rather, where the bulborbs should have been. "But what happened to those creatures. I could feel something strange growing in them..."

But they weren't out of danger yet. alas, they learned to late. Diego's gaze shifted down, in an accidentally peek at her body, but this time he noticed a black vine sprouting from underground and wrapping around the princess' leg.

Before anyone could react suddenly the vine grew in size and length, suddenly lifting Rosalina into the air. Another vine soon appeared, and another and another.

"Mama!!" The Luma rushed to save his mother but was slapped to the ground by a vine, right before another grabbing him and sunk it into the grass, despairing. Rosalina gasped in horror, trying to struggle out of her binding to got save her star children. The vines reciprocated by more of these evil roots wrapping around her and starting to drag her down. "D-diego!!"

Our young hero wasn't able to save her as right then, a vine smacked him on the back of the head and everything went black.

-------------------------------------------

Diego groaned awake, finding himself in a different place. By the weird destroyed walls and crumbled pillars he could guess it were the ruins of the valley he was told about. but the other thing he noticed was much more frightening.

The entire place was covered in these black vines and roots, pulsating and moving. He himself was pinned to the wall, arms and legs tied up by the living vines. Around the room there were bulb-like pods, with something inside wiggling around. The pods themselves were slightly translucent, so he could notice the shadow of a Luma moving around frantically. Same with the other pod, and the other.

Among the walls tho, was another person; A Blue Toad tied up similarly to Diego. He was wearing a now slightly torn and dirty explorer's outfit. His expression showed he was tired as much as frightened.

"Oh...it got you too....?"

"There must be some sort of otherwrodly force here," Diego said as he looked down. Besides catching a glimpse of Rosalina's long legs once more, he saw the vine go and grab them before dragging them into the ground. Diego himself was not able to do anything before he was hit hard on the back of his head.

He blacked out.

-----------------------------------

"What the hell was that?" Diego groaned in pain as he recovered and saw a bunch of creepy black pods and such. Diego shook his head and he figured out what to do. he then saw another Toad then. "Apparently... but not for long," Diego said as he knew that Rosalina still needed them. He used his Up Special multiple times to force himself, or at least his arms from the vines...

He then blasted the vines holding his legs and he fell on the floor with a thud. Before the vines could do anything, he ran over to blast the Blue Toad free. "What's your name?" he asked the Toad explorer while he was catching his breath.

The vines were cut by his blasts, allowing Diego a moment of freedom. However, it seems they were regenerating slowly. Prompting our hero to keep the guard up.

The Toad explorer spoke once freed, although somewhat tired. "I'm Venturous T. and I'm an explorer but this...this was my off-time...I...I came here with a small group on a "Relaxation Trek". Our guide and trainer said that she knew the valley very well, but then those..ugh...weird vines attacked us and before I knew, I was trapped by those vines...so tired...I think...I think those vines can suck energy, cause I feel drained...."

He quickly fell on his butt out of exhaustion. "I don't know what made the flora go bonkers...but this thing...this thing seems awfully hungry, and has all my friends and our trainers in vines or those creepy pods...I also saw some Lumas, at least last time before I fainted for like the seventh time...oh and some blonde lady too..."

Diego looked at Venturous T and seeing how he was doing. "All right then, just take a rest and get ready to help out people when you're ready," Diego told Venturous T after he finishing explaining everything. He looked to the pods and he needed to rescue them all.

He turned around to see the slowly regenerating vines and shot some laser blasts at them to keep them down. "Let's go to work," Diego said before he went to the nearest pod and began tearing it apart with his bare hands before grabbing who was inside and he pulled as hard as he could.

He didn't see who it was, but before anything else, he aimed his Stealth EXplosive shot at the pod and detonated it to get rid of it. "You okay?" he asked the person he saved.

"The vines he will go after you..." Venturous T. said. "you sure..you can beat them?"

From the Pod a Luma emerged. not the Silver one that was with him and Rosalina, but rather a red one that looked around confused and weak.

"Oooh...w-where am I?...w-who are you?"

The Toad approached the star being, letting him rest in his arms. "I'll try to reach the exit and stay around. If you free more people lead them my way." He stated before going away.

A loud scream shook diego's attention back to the ruins' depths. He recognized that vocie right away; That was Rosalina!!

Looking down he also noticed a red cap among the moss and vines on the floor. The same Mario cap the silver Luma always carried. Both him and Rosalina were in trouble, and to make things worse, the harmed vines the boy had fried before were now fully grown once more and apparently pissed; Lunging at him with the intention to grab him by the legs.

Back
Top Bottom