Random Info About You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact: i do think 3d chat worlds can offer limited imagination and you have to pay for it. But it depends, each of us has another point of view. I just always loved worlds that you can built with words and your imagination, cause they will be unique and a part of view.

Fact: While I get that people like it, and for a variety of reasons, I just can't get into Victoriana. This includes not only the Victorian Age itself, but also the hard-line extensions of steampunk and such. I mean, like the aesthetic sometimes, but beyond that, bleah.

Fact: By the way, how old does a "movement" in art or culture have to be before it either dies or becomes part of the background. Steampunk's been around at least 10 years, maybe more. The ostensible origin, Gibson and Sterling's _The Difference Engine_, won its awards in 1990-1992, so like 20 years since the concept was popularized. Is it done yet? I mean, cyberpunk didn't last this long, though it got similarly annoying.

Fact: When do we move onto the next movement? Resurgence of art-deco pulp action science heroing?

Fact: It is Joe Jonas' 22nd b-day today. He is now the same age as me... until I turn 23 in December and ruin it again. ;P

Fact: Is watching Torchwood miracle day and is absolutely loving it!
Fact: Watched planet of the apes and he loved that as well!! Andy Serkis doesn't need dialogue to act! He's doing a pretty damn good job creating a motions of an ape who has the benefits of intelligence.

Info: I'm kind of annoyed with how True Blood is going. Hoping it improves some time soon. ;/

unrelated info: I just cut my finger as i was opening a box. And it ain't stopping. ((stupid cut :huh:))

Not about me but: Rick Rypien who recently signed with the Winnipeg Jets was found dead in his home yesterday. Really sad to see the lives that depression can consume when left unchecked. We lost a good one. RIP Ripper.

Juno said:
Info: I'm kind of annoyed with how True Blood is going. Hoping it improves some time soon. ;/

True Blood is based on books I believe. If they never improved, I'm afraid there isn't much hope for the TV version.

Oh, I know. But from what I hear they haven't always been true to them. But as I haven't read 'em I can't say for sure. o: Either way it sucks ass atm. ): I totes stopped watching.

FACT: TIM FUCKING ROTH REPLIED TO ME ON TWITTER. I AM GOING NUTS.

Fact: I set out to buy a Game of Thrones and my wonderful cousin surprised me with an additional copy of a Clash of Kings. I love her. :) I have also decided to become a vegetarian again. ;o

Info: I've taken a lot of really interesting classes in college such as psychology, sociology, the history of evolutionary thought, and gender studies, and the best use I've put them to is arguing with people on the Internet. D8

Granted, most of those things don't have very practical uses and they were all required credits... But still!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom